Monday 2 October 2023

57.19-Fill the piggy bank to the max

 



Previously, the final four had to duel each other for an exemption which Finn won. 0/90 points were earned as none of the winners were as the Mole predicted, so the pot remained at 393/890 points. Aldrin made a fatal mistake in the final quiz and he was executed. Only three remain but the finale this season only has space for two. Who will be the last one to be executed?

*
*
*


Finn: "The pot is pretty low right now. I had so much fun this season but also so many struggles. I think I have finally figured out who the Mole is after so long, so now it's time to fill the piggy bank to the max."

*
*
*


John: "This season's Mole is a good one but I'm better. I played the game smart enough to deduce who the Mole is, as if I had taken the same quiz multiple times. The journey is ending soon and we have to return to our lives after this. But this, this will be an experience to remember."

*
*
*


Ximena: "I had a strategy and it paid off. Now, without doubt, I can tell you who the Mole is. It is certainly sad to know that not everyone can join us in the final three but I think I take this news better than most. I wish I could stay on this season forever. This has been one of the best times of my life."

*
*
*


"Good morning contestants. You have defied all odds to be here today. Today, you get a chance to earn more points. I need one contestant who can play a musical instrument, one contestant who knows their Smole and one athletic contestant who knows both the Smole and music."


Ximena: "Now's your chance to prove that you don't think musical instruments are girly."
Finn: "No problem but the last guy needs to be fit."
John: "I won a duel and Ximena's a diving instructor. I think we're all capable."
Finn: "In that case, sure. The other two roles also need Smole knowledge so the deciding factor is music."


John: "Do you have a preference, Ximena?"
Ximena: "No. You can decide."


John: "Then I'll be the one who knows both."
Ximena: "Okay."

*
*
*


Finn is shown a list of songs, along with sheet music and finger positions to play on a flute.

*
*
*


Finn: "They taught us how to play the recorder in high school. I always thought it was a useless class but it was an easy A. I hope I can remember how to play it. A flute is similar to a recorder, right?"

*
*
*




John: "Mary Had A Little Lamb."


John has to identify the name present in the song if it corresponds to a Smole contestant and provide them to Ximena.


John: "You need to look for Mary."


Finn: "I should take the time to practise."


Ximena has to climb up a wall where she will find photos of Smole contestants, past and present. She has to pick out the correct photo to earn points. If she takes the wrong photo, she reduces the time they have (initially 2 hours) by 10 minutes, as well as incur a 2-point penalty. Some songs have more than one relevant name. The climbing holds are labelled with names as well. If she chooses the holds labelled with famous dragon names, she will have an easier time climbing up. 


Ximena: "I'm at the top."
Finn: "John! Are you ready yet? We don't have a lot of time to lose."


Ximena: "Mary, Mary, you don't look like a Mary..."


John: "Tell me what you see."
Ximena: "Too many photos of contestants. There's no way I can describe them all. Do you know what Mary looks like?"
John: "No. Maybe you can come down first."


Ximena: "I climbed all the way up here for nothing? Now I have to climb back down again until you give me another name."




John: "I'm not quite sure what you're playing."
Finn: "Am I not playing it right?"
John: "Skip to the next song."




John: "This is by Queen. But Queen isn't a first name."
Finn: "If there's none then I'll play the next song. Too bad I'm only allowed to play the flute and not help you."




John: "Oh it's this song. My daughter had a phase with this song. It's Bang Bang."


John: "You need to look for Jessie, Ariana or...I forgot who the last one is. But there should be one of them there."


Ximena: "Dibo isn't a dragon so I shouldn't use this one, but the other one is pretty hard to reach."

*
*
*


John: "Ximena was very slow with rock climbing. I understand it's not easy but I expect someone as fit as her to be faster. She was the bottleneck in the group."

*
*
*



Ximena: "Jesse or Ari...there was a Jesse last season. He wore a hat. Let me see if I can find him."


Ximena: "I got his photo. Now I need to head back down."




John: "We Didn't Start The Fire by Billy Joel. There are a lot of names in there. Harry Truman, Joe Dimaggio, Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan."


Ximena: "I think his name was Harry. He was a first season Sim."




John: "Get it on like Marvin Gaye, Anne Hathaway wrote a song for you like this. I think there was an Anne on the Smole."


Ximena: "I found Anne's photo."

*
*
*


Ximena: "I spent most of the mission waiting for John. He spent a lot of time listening to Finn. I'm not sure if Finn was playing the flute poorly or John was too dense to get the song but they wasted a lot of time."

*
*
*




John: "This is Jessie's Girl. That means the photo Ximena found earlier was not correct. It should be for this photo. Move on to the next song."





John: "Oh, I know what this song is now. There aren't any names in Billie Jean. Next song."




John: "Valerie. I'm not sure if there's a Valerie on the Smole."


Ximena: "I know Toothless is a dragon. If only I could make my own markings to choose which holds to use."


Ximena: "Valerie's the fat redhead. She's easily recognisable."


John: "I'm not as young as I used to be. Running back and forth is tiring me out."




John: "This is Jolene. I'm sure there's a Jolene on the Smole."


John: "Look for Jolene."


Ximena: "Jo Lin is a celebrity. I'm sure I saw her photo somewhere."




John: "This sounds like a Beatles song but I can't recall."
Finn: "I'll keep playing. Maybe you can remember."


Ximena: "This is tiring."




John: "This is another Beatles song. It's Eleanor Rigby."


John: "Look for Eleanor. She's a red-haired woman with long hair."
Ximena: "I just got down."
John: "Don't blame me for the design of the mission."




John: "Iris."


Ximena: "Found her photo."




John: "Is there any other name other than Bruno in We Don't Talk About Bruno? I don't think so."




John: "I think this is another Beatles song but I'm not too sure which one. I want to say Hey Jude but that's not it and Jude isn't a Smole contestant's name as far as I remember."
Finn: "I'll keep playing."


Ximena: "John is still not in sight."




John: "Havana is a place, not a name. As far as I'm aware there is no name in Havana. Next."




John: "This is a familiar tune but I can't remember where I heard it from."


Ximena: "Still waiting."




John: "Uptown Funk. Anyone can recognise this."


Ximena: "I found Michelle's photo."




John: "I should have paid more attention to my daughter's music selection. This is an Ariana Grande song but I'm not familiar with the lyrics. We have to skip this one too."




John: "Another Beatles song. This is Hey Jude. I don't know if there's a Jude on the show but I'm going to have to try."


John: "Ximena, look for Jude."


John: "You're done?"
Finn: "Turns out that was the last song."
John: "Then I can predict the result already."


Ximena: "Ahh!"
Finn: "Be careful!"
Ximena: "I'm fine!"
John: "She's climbed this wall multiple times. How has she still not gotten used to it?"


Ximena: "You're not Jude, you're not Jude..."


Ximena: "There isn't a Jude!"
John: "Then it can't be helped."

*
*
*


"Contestants, you spent the day testing your music and Smole knowledge. Let's see if it's paid off."


"The first song is Mary Had A Little Lamb. No Smole contestant thus far has been named Mary."


"The second song is Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi. There are two names in this song: Tommy and Gina, the latter of which appeared in Season 52. Her photo was not collected."


"The third song is Another One Bites The Dust by Queen. The name that appears in the song (Steve) has not appeared on the Smole."


"The fourth song is Bang Bang by Jessie J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj. No relevant names are in this song, but you have taken Jesse Maddox's photo. This sets the pot back by 2 points."


"The next song is We Didn't Start The Fire by Billy Joel which has so many names that can be taken: Harry, Joe, Richard, Joseph, Grace, Bernie and John. You have taken Harry's photo which earns 10 points."


"The next song is Classic by MKTO. There is only one relevant name: Michael. However, there are 2 contestants with the name Michael. Unfortunately, you took neither, instead supplying Anne Elizabethian's photo."



"The next song is Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield. No relevant name was in this song."


"The next song is Billie Jean by Michael Jackson. No relevant name was in this song."


"The next song is Valerie by Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse. Valerie was a contestant on Season 3. You have found the correct photo."


"The next song is Jolene by Dolly Parton. No relevant names are in this song, but you instead took Jo Lin's photo."


"The next song is Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners. Eileen was a contestant on Season 39 of the Smole."


"The next song is Eleanor Rigby by The Beatles. Eleanor appeared on Season 21 of the Smole."


"The next song is Iris by Goo Goo Dolls. You took Iris Ollie's photo, and that is correct since although the name does not appear anywhere in the lyrics, it is the title."


"The next song is We Don't Talk About Bruno from Disney's Encanto. There is a relevant name here but it's Isabella, not Bruno. Isabella is the name of a Season 43 contestant."


"The next song is Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's. There is no relevant name in this song."


"The next song is Havana by Camilla Cabello. There is one relevant name in this song: Sam. Although there are multiple Samuels, the correct photo here is of Sam Darryl John from Season 8."


"The next song is Stereo Hearts by Gym Class Heroes. There is one name in this song (Travie) but it's not a relevant name."


"The next song is Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars. The name to look out for is Michelle and the photo we're looking for is Michelle Brack's, a Season 26 contestant."


"The next song is Thank U, Next by Ariana Grande. There are two names that are relevant: Sean, who is also a Season 24 contestant, or Malcolm, who is also a Season 21 contestant."


"The last song is Hey Jude by The Beatles. No relevant names are in this song."


"5 correct photos and 3 wrong photos have been supplied. Each correct photo is worth 10 points, so 44/110 points have been earned. The pot is now at 437/1000 points."

*
*
*


Finn: "It's almost over. We're going to have to take the quiz in a short while, then an execution, then straight to the finale. I'm a bit nervous."
Ximena: "I'm mostly sad that it's going to be over."
John: "Dr. Seuss once said not to cry because it's over, but smile because it happened."


Finn: "What has been your favourite mission this season? I liked the very first one. I never took part in a medieval carnival before because it felt very nerdy. Now I know how much I missed out on. Plus I got to shoot arrows."


Ximena: "I enjoyed watching the play put up by the acting troupe. What about you, John?"


John: "The duel was a highlight for sure. To be able to hold a sword and experience what it's like for knights at the time is something you can never find elsewhere."


Ximena: "We were told to practice our pitch to be the winner of the Smole. I'll start with mine. I think I'm the winner because I played a smart strategy with the quizzes to eliminate potential suspects until there can be no other option left. I wasn't the most social but I made it here regardless and I always tried my best and earned points in the missions."


Finn: "Good pitch. I think I'll win because I'm here despite everything else so I'm doing something right. I've proven that I'm not just a dumb jock. I also put in my best effort in the missions and I learned a lot and had tons of fun here too."


John: "I'll win because I believe I'm one of the earliest to find the Mole. Of course, it's hard to say if I actually will win until we get past this next test."
Finn: "You need to workshop your pitch."


Ximena: "I know I don't interact with you often but I'm happy to be sitting here in the finale with both of you today."
Finn: "Me too. It looks like it's time to get ready for the quiz. Good luck everyone."
Ximena: "You too."

*
*
*

It is time for the quiz. 10 questions about the actions and identity of the Mole. The lowest scorer will be executed. As ere is no way for more than one contestant to score below average, there are no more additional questions.


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: What colour is the Mole's current quilt?
A: Yellow
B: Grey

Q3: What is the Mole's hair colour?
A: Black
B: Brown

Q4: What is unique about the Mole's everyday outfit?
A: It has a kilt
B: It has a leaf crown
C: It has a pocket watch

Q5: What did the Mole eat for breakfast before Mission 10?
A: Waffles
B: Mac and cheese

Q6: Who sat opposite the Mole during breakfast before Mission 10?
A: Finn Macroni
B: Ximena Xavier
C: Nobody

Q7: In Mission 10, what role did the Mole choose?
A: A contestant who can play a musical instrument
B: A contestant who knows their Smole
C: An athletic contestant who knows both the Smole and music

Q8: In Mission 10, what did the Mole do?
A: Play the flute
B: Identify names
C: Climb a rock wall

Q9: Which of the following is most relevant to the Mole in Mission 10?
A: Mary Had A Little Lamb
B: The name Jude
C: A photo of Michael Anderson

Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Ximena Xavier
B: Finn Macroni
C: John Ronson


John: "For someone who thought playing musical instruments was girly, Finn did an astonishingly good job. It doesn't make sense with what I know of him. There's no way he could have picked up the flute that quickly without prior practice."


Finn: "John struggled real badly in the mission. He was unable to identify so many songs."

*
*
*


"Contestants, ordinarily, you would have taken the final quiz but this season, you have to go through one last hurdle. Only two of you will be in the finale. Who will they be?"


"Finn Macroni."
Finn: "It's been fun guys."









































































































































































































































































Finn: "What? I'm in the finale! No frickin' way!"


"The first finalist is confirmed. John Ronson, Ximena Xavier, who will join Finn in the finale?"


Who will be the next finalist? Who will be the last one to be executed? Find out next episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!