Saturday 10 November 2018

41.09-Ew, disgusting


The house has become smaller with the departure of Jane, Jennifer and Kaylie. The pot only has 153/570 points, but at least Pamela, Hans and Kelly did not have to worry about execution, and Zane too when he was not nominated. How well will the group do in the upcoming episodes? Has any of them found out who the Mole is?

DAY 9

Pamela: "The house is getting really small really quickly. It's only been over a week and we lost three already. At least the men are still around. I'm still testing waters and trying to get to know them better. So far I'm not really clicking with anyone yet. Maybe Zane and Hans. Wish me luck."

Hans: "Is the Mole not Chase? I don't think Jane is someone who says one thing and does another so perhaps it's not Jane. I'll need to scour through all my notes again to see if I was misled."


Kelly: "Ew, disgusting."


Kelly: "Cover your mouth. Don't you dare spread your icky germs to the rest of us."


Chase: "Then I'll just stay in my corner."


Kelly: "And for crying out loud, put on some clothes, unless you want to be the chicken in my soup."
Chase: "Soup? You know how to make soup?"


Kelly: "I can do anything. Just like Jane said. And she's right. If I can do anything, what's stopping me from going to university?"


Chase: "You? Uni? You're 50 for goodness sake. Nobody in their right mind will accept you."


Chase: "You're just going to make a fool of yourself if you apply."
Kelly: "You're just jealous because you've never gone to uni before."
Chase: "If you manage to enter uni I'll eat my shorts off."


Kelly: "Please don't. That's the only thing you're wearing right now."


Kelly: "I'll prove to you that I can enter uni."


Kelly: "By the way, that bowl of soup is yours."
Chase: "Who the hell asked you to make my portion?"
Kelly: "It's not poisoned, you arsehead. I just can't stand your bogan, sickly look. But it's your health, not mine."


Chase: "I find it hard to believe that she cares about my well-being."


Chase: "Hmm..."


Chase: "To hell with this. I'm hungry."

*
*
*


Stanley: "Hey Piper! I know you can see me. Look where you are now! Not here, that's for sure!"


Stanley: "You thought that all I was good for was to get the contestants' best angle. Guess what? The tables have turned. Now you're watching me through the surveillance camera."


Stanley: "Fuck you, Piper. Gasp! Did I hurt your feelings? Guess what? I don't care!"

*
*
*


Contestants will be visiting the art gallery for their next mission.


The mission is worth 100 points.


Six contestants have 20 minutes to choose which 3 pictures from the art gallery to use to describe a movie to Zane and Pamela.


If Zane and Pamela can guess the movie, 20 points are earned. A hidden exemption is awarded to Zane and Pamela if they guess 'Smole' for any of the movies.


Claves: "I could use this."
Chase: "I suck at movies."


Hans: "Ah, this is perfect."


Kelly: "We can't use the same pictures."
Stanley: "Remember to keep an eye peeled for everyone else."

*
*
*


Pamela: "You good with movies?"
Zane: "I watch a lot of movies as they come out."
Pamela: "Great! We're going to win this thing. I'm a movie guru myself."


Zane: "Hans is here."


Hans: "Pamela, Zane, I'm going to show you three pictures that I chose. You must identify which movie I'm trying to show you."



Pamela: "That's an envelope. This movie must be about mail."



Pamela: "This looks like a tarot card."


Zane: "Yeah...I guess it kind of does look like a tarot card."
Pamela: "A movie involving mail and the mystical..."



Pamela: "This looks like Chewbacca."


Zane: "No, I don't think it's Chewbacca. Look at what he's holding."


Pamela: "What is he holding?"
Zane: "I don't know."


Zane: "This feels like some historical film. It's got artifacts and they still use post to communicate."
Pamela: "Possibly, but the tarot card makes no sense. I think it's more about the mystical. That's a fictional creature."


Zane: "Maybe it's not a tarot card. It's just an ordinary card...or maybe it's a stamp."
Pamela: "It can't be a stamp. Stamps are more squarish or rectangular in the other direction."


Pamela: "I got it! It's both a historical movie in the sense that it's old and it's about magic!"


Zane: "Go ahead, Pamela. I don't have a clue."
Pamela: "Is the movie One Magic Christmas? It's a pretty old film I showed my class during Christmas season once."


Hans: "No. If It was, I would have included more Christmasy and magic pictures. The movie is Terry Pratchett's Going Postal. I used an envelope, a stamp and a golem."

*
*
*


Stanley: "Look really carefully. I chose these three pictures for a reason."







Pamela: "A gavel, a Barbie doll and a triangle...more specifically, the delta symbol given that one side is heavier."
Zane: "This is easy. It's a law movie about a blonde girl in pink who was part of a Greek sorority Delta Nu."
Pamela: "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"


Zane: "The answer is Legally Blonde."


Stanley: "That's nothing to be proud of. I made it so easy, if you got it wrong you would be clear Moles."

*
*
*


Kelly: "These are my pictures. Think hard and carefully before you answer."



Zane: "A claw...almost like Wolverine's."
Pamela: "I don't think Wolverine wears a glove."
Zane: "I seem to remember he does. How else do they attach the claws to Hugh Jackman?"
Pamela: "Let's look at the other two pictures."




Pamela: "Marge Simpson? Is this The Simpsons Movie?"


Zane: "If you're certain of it, then lock it in."


Pamela: "It feels like you're trying to test me or goad me into choosing that. I don't think my answer is correct because the first two pictures don't seem to have much relevance to it."


Zane: "The second painting looks like something out of Winnie the Pooh. I think it could be a cartoon movie."


Pamela: "Toy Story? The Incredibles?"
Kelly: "Sigh..."


Zane: "Wasn't there an X-Men animated movie many years ago?"
Pamela: "I think there was, but I don't think that can justify the last two pictures."
Zane: "The last two can be trying to give us the feel, that it's an animated movie."


Pamela: "I don't know. Shall we just go with The Simpsons Movie? That has a lot of wacky stuff."


Zane: "Go for it."
Pamela: "Is the movie The Simpsons Movie?"
Kelly: "No. Perhaps it is too misleading to have put in Marge Simpson, but do you not recognise Freddy Kreuger's Dream Claw? Or the elm tree? This movie is A Nightmare on Elm's Street, which has a character called Marge."

*
*
*


Claves: "I hope you can understand why I chose these three depictions."






Zane: "Could it be a cooking show?"


Pamela: "Most cooking shows aren't movies."


Pamela: "This reminds me of the 2012 film The Kitchen. It was about a birthday celebration and what was notable about it was that it took place in the kitchen for the entirety of the movie."


Pamela: "Oh! I get it! The mask is to show comedy and The Kitchen was a comedy!"


Zane: "Then that's our answer: The Kitchen."
Claves: "You are correct."


Zane: "Yes! Good job Pamela."
Pamela: "We're the perfect two for the job."

*
*
*


Chase: "I've never watched the movie before but I read the synopsis so you guys should be able to guess it."






Pamela: "The second and last paintings give me markedly different feelings. Those poor girls look so scared."
Zane: "The Runaway Bride?"


Pamela: "Possibly. I guess the jade pendant acts as a dowry...wait, why not The Jade Pendant?"
Zane: "But how do the other two fit in?"


Zane: "They look like burlesque dancers?"
Pamela: "You've never watched The Jade Pendant? It's about this girl Ying Ying who escapes from an arranged marriage to California but ends up being sold to a prostitution ring. There are many Asian actors."


Zane: "I agree that the first and last do have a very Asian feel. The room the dancers are in feels like a sleazy Asian brothel. Very well. I'm convinced. Let us go with your answer."


Pamela: "Is it The Jade Pendant?"
Chase: "Yeah."

*
*
*


"Pamela, Zane, you managed to get 3/5 movies correct, so 60/100 points have been earned. You have the chance to double it if you can guess one last movie. However, if you are incorrect, you lose all the points you have earned for this mission. Do you do it?"
Zane: "I say we play it safe. I think we better not."
Pamela: "I was hoping to go for it but since you're not keen then we won't."


"Very well. The pot now has 213/670 points. Good job."
Zane: "We make a great team."
Pamela: "We do. How about we work together from now on?"

Zane and Pamela have a new coalition out of the mission in addition to the 60 points earned. Will it last?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!