Wednesday 1 December 2021

51.17-Don't forget Jesus

   



Last time on the Smole, the final five had to match songs to commercials. The group thought they had it in the bag but the Mole managed to outsmart them, taking 20 points for themselves while the group took the remaining 40 points for the mission. With the pot at 410/760 points, the group is slowly realising there aren't many more chances to fill the pot. The question is: when it comes down to the group and themselves, what will they choose?

*
*
*


"Contestants, congratulations on making it so far. The four of you have managed to beat your competition to be here today. Having spent so much time together, the four of you should have chemistry, and perhaps even telepathy. Today's mission requires cooperation from every single one of you to earn 150 points."


"You have seen the glitz and glamour Roaring Heights has to offer, but there are actually mysteries hidden deep within the untouched forests."


"You will be visiting a peculiar location today. Each of you will be given three items to describe to the rest in 1.5 minutes. Each item belongs to a group. Thereafter, you will have 5 minutes to try and sort the items into the correct groups. If you succeed, you can earn 50 points per group."


"Of course, it's important that you do well, not only for the pots, but for yourselves, because there will be a surprise in store at the end."

*
*
*


Myrtle: "The surprise has got to be a final exemption."


Jim: "150 points, huh? That's not a small sum."


Eddy: "We'll be earning lots of points today if we work as a team."
Eric: "That will depend on how good you are at working everyone together."

*
*
*


The contestants are brought one by one to the centre to find out what their items are.

*
*
*


Jim: "We were each handed cards about our items. What I noticed was that on the back of one of my cards had a cautionary note."

*
*
*


Jim: "Eric knows the answer to Question 7 of the next quiz...is the answer written on his card?"


Myrtle: "There's something behind this...Jim will choose himself over the group in the surprise segment. That's good to know."


Eddy: "If Myrtle is chosen for the surprise, she will lie about it. That means we can't choose her."


Eric: "Eddy will lie about one of his cards. Why would he? Unless...this is big news."


*
*
*



"You have 3 minutes to describe what you have without mentioning them directly."


Myrtle: "I'LL GO FIRST! MY FIRST ITEM IS THE ROCK'S AGE! MY SECOND ITEM IS IN THE COUNTRY OF THE MAPLE LEAVES AND USED TO BE THE WORLD'S TALLEST TOWER! MY THIRD ITEM IS A MOVIE ABOUT PRISONERS AND WAS ADAPTED FROM A STEPHEN KING BOOK OF THE SAME NAME!"


Eddy: "My first item is a third of the devil. My second item is about religious Sims and can be found depicted in The Last Supper. My last item is the newest James Bond movie."


Eric: "My first item has to do with those present in The Last Supper too! My next item is a pyramid with a castle head! And my last item is also based on a book! It's set in the desert in Texas!"


Jim: "MY FIRST ITEM IS THE SECOND HALF OF A GEORGE ORWELL NOVEL. MY SECOND ITEM IS A HUGE ASIAN TEMPLE, MY THIRD ITEM IS A HORROR MOVIE SET IN A HOTEL AND IS BASED OFF STEPHEN KING'S NOVEL!."


Eddy: "That's a lot of items regarding books."

*
*
*


Eric: "Whaddya know? Eddy did lie. Too bad he doesn't know I was warned."

*
*
*


"You now have 5 minutes to sort the 12 items."


Jim: "From oldest to newest."
Eddy: "Is this about actors? You mentioned The Rock."
Myrtle: "It says to 'newest', not 'youngest'. And mine is about The Rock's age, not The Rock himself."
Eddy: "Then it's about the movies."
Eric: "Are we sure it's not about buildings? Like when they were created?"
Jim: "That is a possibility."
Myrtle: "We have to answer in order, but we can look at all three groups before starting. Let's take a look at the others first."


Eddy: "This group is to be sorted from northernmost to southernmost."
Eric: "That's right."


Myrtle: "This group is to be sorted from smallest to largest."
Jim: "Clearly this group is about numbers. The second group is about buildings and the last is about movies. So which group do we want to start with first?"


Eddy: "Let's start with numbers. That's the easiest."


Eric: "Then it must be the hardest."
Eddy: "Why do I feel like you're pitting yourself against me?"
Eric: "Because I know you lied about one of your cards."
Jim: "Interesting."


Eddy: "I didn't. Which card did I lie about?"
Eric: "The one that's the same as mine."
Myrtle: "Maybe it's possible neither of you lied."


Eric: "Impossible. One of the cards told me that Eddy would lie about one of his cards and it was right."
Jim: "Interesting."
Eddy: "Hmm, but I didn't. How would it even be able to predict that?"
Myrtle: "Let's not waste time arguing over this. We'll find out who's telling the truth and who isn't in due time."


Myrtle: "Let's first start with the smallest number. 
Eddy: "I'm a third of a devil. It doesn't get any smaller than that."
Eric: "I don't trust you."


Myrtle: "Then let's review. Mine is The Rock's age. That is in the double digits. Eric's item is The Last Supper and Jim is the second half of a George Orwell novel."
Eddy: "Both your clues are very confusing."
Eric: "We can't say the number."
Jim: "There's only one George Orwell book with a number. Mine is definitely the largest."


Myrtle: "Eddy, you also had an item about The Last Supper. Eric, since you said that this clashes with yours, I'm assuming it has to do with one of the number of disciples."
Eric: "It does."
Myrtle: "That makes it 12."


Eddy: "It could be the number of Sims depicted. Don't forget Jesus himself. That makes it 13."
Jim: "It's clear that Eddy's is the smallest regardless."
Eric: "No it's not. A third of the devil is 222. That should make him the largest number."


Eddy: "That wasn't what I meant. You don't actually do division."
Jim: "Then it has to be yours first."
Eric: "Myrtle, you're the deciding vote. Once we put in a card we can't change it."
Myrtle: "Hmm...put Eddy's in."


Jim: "This is yours. The Rock is about my age but younger and mine is definitely the largest."
Eddy: "According to you."
Eric: "I think we're wrong so it doesn't matter how we arrange the rest. The entire group must be right to earn 50 points."
Jim: "Then it shouldn't matter. Eric, put yours in."


Eddy: "Remind me what your item is again?"
Jim: "Half of a George Orwell novel. It's the same idea as yours."
Myrtle: "You definitely don't know the number of pages, so if I'm not mistaken, you're talking about the Big Brother book. Which means this spot is for me."
Jim: "And the last for me. Like I said."


Eddy: "Let's do a quick recap."
Jim: "We don't have time for that."
Eddy: "We do. Mine is about The Last Supper, Eric's is about a pyramid with a castle head, Myrtle is in the country of maple leaves and is the world's tallest tower."
Myrtle: "Was."
Eddy: "Okay. And Jim, yours is in Asia clearly."

Eric: "Is anyone good with geography?"
Eddy: "I'm pretty decent."
Eric: "But I can't trust you."
Jim: "Oh get over it."


Myrtle: "I know what Eddy means now. So I can confirm he's not lying, even though it may seem like the case at first."


Eddy: "Thanks Myrtle. Mine is somewhere in Victoria, which makes it the southernmost location. You can't get more southern than that."


Eric: "Asia spans the whole length of the world map. How do we know where your temple is located?"
Myrtle: "I think mine is the northernmost."

Eric: "Is anyone listening to me?"
Jim: "Let's go with it and move on."


Jim: "Eric's is in Egypt right?"
Eddy: "I'm not sure. I don't know an Egyptian pyramid with a flat top."
Myrtle: "Can you pinpoint which Asian temple yours is?"
Jim: "It's not your typical Asian temple. It's very historical and ruiny."


Eddy: "Ruiny?"


Eric: "It's not China or Japan, that's for sure."
Eddy: "Yes. I'm thinking somewhere in Southeast Asia."
Myrtle: "That makes sense. Which means you're next, Eric. Yours is definitely not in Southeast Asia or Australia. Those are the two southern most areas."


Myrtle: "Let's just confirm one more time."
Jim: "No need. If Eric's is in Victoria mine is definitely higher up than that."
Eric: "That's a big if."
Jim: "A risk I'm willing to take."


Eric: "Our last chance to earn points. I know my movie is pretty old. I think it aired when I was really really young."
Myrtle: "I know what yours is. Mine is an old but classic movie."
Jim: "Mine has got to be one of the oldest."
Eric: "I don't even know what movie you were describing. So I'm inclined to agree with you."


Jim: "Then it's settled."
Myrtle: "We shouldn't be so hasty."
Jim: "We are running out of time."


Eric: "Myrtle's movie is pretty old too but I think I've heard of it."
Jim: "Hers is definitely after mine and before yours."
Eddy: "What about my newest Bond movie?"
Eric: "The newest one is this year. Assuming you're not lying, you're all the way at the back."


Myrtle: "I agree too."


Eric: "This is for me."


Eddy: "And finally my movie."


"Contestants, you have completed this simple sorting exercise within the time limit. But did you get it right?"


"The first group involved numbers, sorted from smallest to largest. You said Eddy had the smallest number, followed by Eric, then Myrtle, then Jim. Is that right?"

6

"Eddy's item is 6."

12

"Eric's item is 12."

49

"Myrtle's item is 49. So far so good."

84

"Jim's item is 84. That's 50 points."


"The second group consisted of landmarks. You had to arrange them in order of their locations, from the northernmost to the southernmost. You said Myrtle had the northernmost landmark, then Eric, then Jim and finally Eddy."


"Myrtle's item is the CN Tower. That's in Canada."


"Eric's item is Chichen Itza, which is in Mexico."


"Jim's item is Angkor Wat, which is in Cambodia. So far so good. What about Eddy's item?"


"Eddy's item is the 12 Apostles. That is in Australia. Congratulations, another 50 points."


"Finally, the last group was about movies, sorted from oldest to newest. You thought Jim had the oldest movie, then Myrtle, then Eric, then Eddy. Is that right?"


"Jim's movie, The Shining, came out in 1980."


"Myrtle's movie is Shawshank Redemption. That came out in 1994."


"Eric's item was No Country For Old Men. That came out in 2007. Is Eddy's Bond film the right one you were thinking of?"


"Eddy's film was No Time To Die, the James Bond one. That is released in 2021. Congratulations. All groups have been sorted correctly."


Eddy: "You were saying, Eric? Something about me lying?"
Eric: "There must be a twist. What's the surprise?"
"You haven't forgotten, Eric."



"You must have noticed the two buildings in front of you. In one of them, you can find your 150 points. In another, you will find a clue and none of the points. However, only one of you may enter. You have 5 minutes to decide who will enter which room."


Jim: "I should go. I contributed the most to the last mission."
Eric: "All of us contributed."


Eddy: "Aren't you usually passive, Jim? Why are you so eager this time?"
Jim: "I just don't trust the rest of you to pick the points. Someone back me up here."
Myrtle: "I'm fine if Jim wants to go, but we should bear the consequences of our actions."
Jim: "What the hell? Are you implying I'll go for the clue? It's 150 points we're talking about. 150,000 Simoleons."


Eddy: "How about we all vote for someone to represent us, but we cannot vote for ourselves?"
Jim: "Fine. If you're going that route, I'm voting for Eric."


Eddy: "Eric, eh? Have anything to say about that?"
Eric: "I can't vote for myself, right? Then I pick you."

*
*
*


Eddy: "I had a deal with Eric. I shared with him about what I noticed about the previous mission to help him find his saboteur on the condition that he supported me when needed. It just so happens that the condition would be fulfilled today."

*
*
*


Eddy: "I pick Myrtle."
Jim: "What? Don't you dare nominate me."
Eddy: "Don't you want to be nominated?"
Jim: "Yeah but this leads us nowhere! You're wasting our time, Eddy."


Eric: "Myrtle is definitely going for the exemption. She's never been shy about it. I on the other hand have never been shy about going for points. So if we want to end this decisively, we should go with me."

*
*
*


Myrtle: "Do I take the risk? I was warned that Jim would pick himself, but I'm not sure I can trust Eric either. He's way too eager for this."

*
*
*


Myrtle: "You played a smart game, Eddy, cornering me like that. But I won't play your game. I abstain from voting."


Eddy: "You can't."
Myrtle: "Then I vote for Jim."
Jim: "See? We wasted a good few minutes."


Jim: "I'll be the tiebreaker. I change my vote to Myrtle."
Eric: "Is nobody listening to me? I just said Myrtle will always choose the exemption, 100%!"


Eric: "You know that too, Eddy. Why did you pick Myrtle in the first place?"
Eddy: "I trust her. Besides, it's a clue, not an exemption."
Eric: "Same difference."
Jim: "I trust her too."


Eric: "Bullshit. Fine, whatever. I change my vote to Myrtle too."


Myrtle: "Very well."


"Myrtle, so you have been chosen?"
Myrtle: "Yes."
"Then may the rest please leave."


Eddy: "In all honesty, I would have gone for the clue. A clue will give certainty. I know that will be a clue and I won't be overimagining things. This would be far more valuable than an exemption at this stage."


Jim: "I would pick the points. As I said, it's 150 points. The pot needs it."


Eric: "They're all playing for themselves. I've seen through them, through and through. I'm tired of always trying to think of the points. Seeing how they acted, if I had gone through, I would go for the clue. Since none of them are thinking for the pot, then neither should I."


"Myrtle, you have been briefed about which room contains what. It's time to make your decision."


Myrtle: "Hmm."


Myrtle: "I'll pick this room."




*
*
*



"Myrtle has made her choice. Myrtle, tell us what you found."


Myrtle: "I saw a closet. I opened it, and got 150 points."
"Congratulations to the group."


Myrtle claims she took 150 points, but Eddy received a warning that she might lie. Is Myrtle telling the truth?











No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!