Friday 3 December 2021

51.18-Peace can never be an option

   



In the previous episode of the Smole, the final four had to work together to describe items and then arrange them into three groups. They succeeded in arranging all 12 items correctly and thus could get 150 points from this mission. However, they were given a surprise at the end and had to choose someone to pick either 150 points or a clue. The group went with Myrtle and she told everyone she chose the room with 150 points. If she is telling the truth, the pot now has 560/910 points. Otherwise, the pot is still stuck at 410 points and Myrtle has a clue. The contestants are wondering how truthful Myrtle is, especially Eddy, but bigger questions loom over their head: who will be executed next, and who is the Mole?

*
*
*


Eddy: "My clue said that Myrtle would lie. She said she got 150 points and we didn't get confirmation. Does that mean she really is lying? She also didn't correct Jim when he said The Rock was younger than him...I guess we'll never find out until the finale."

*
*
*



Jim: "Did I notice any clues? Not really. Unless you count that there was a James Bond movie which I heard was a theme for Season 46 or something like that. I happen to be 46 years old. Guess I'm the Mole now. Oh, I also had a lot of references to books. And guess who was at the library? Heh heh."

*
*
*


Eric: "Why did you change your vote to Myrtle?"
Jim: "Would it have made a difference? She chose points anyway."


Eric: "I think we fell into his trap."


Jim: "Trap?"
Eric: "Didn't you hear what Myrtle said yesterday? He had a plan to corner her. He wanted her to be the one to choose. He just didn't expect Myrtle to discover his plan and go against it."


Jim: "You're making him sound manipulative."
Eric: "He is. Don't you remember all the times he went borderline crazy trying to push us to his agenda? It used to be points but now it's for his own personal gain."


Jim: "Are you sure you just aren't salty about not being chosen?"


Eric: "It didn't matter in the end. But I think we have to be on our toes."


Jim: "And why are you telling me this?"
Eric: "He nearly cost us 150 points. I just want all of us to keep our eyes peeled in case he tries to empty the pot. He took half the points in the word clouds and nearly took all of it yesterday. I don't want him to take all the points from the pot tomorrow."

*
*
*


Eddy: "Have you thought about what you will do if your license gets revoked?"
Myrtle: "Not really. I've been putting it off."


Eddy: "I propose you sensationalise it. Get the whole world aware of your case."
Myrtle: "Why would I do that? It would hurt my reputation."


Eddy: "You want the system to change, don't you? You need to pressure them to give in. You should also find some valuable supporters while you're at it. "


Myrtle: "There's no way anyone would want to align with me."
Eddy: "Persuade them. Use the carrot or the stick or whatever you need. Don't be afraid to dig for leverage or cross some Sims. A little sacrifice is needed to reach your ultimate goal. "


Jim: "What's this I hear about sacrifice?"


Myrtle: "It's nothing"
Jim: "I'll be damned if I believe you."


Jim: "I don't know what either of you are plotting but I'm warning you to back off. Don't listen to his bullshit."


Eddy: "I was merely advising Myrtle. I said nothing wrong. You can't achieve anything without hurting a few Sims."


Jim: "And what if you hurt more than a few Sims, huh?"
Eddy: "It's all for the greater good."


Jim: "I don't know what he's up to but he's clearly treating you as a pawn."
Eddy: "With all due respect, you don't know what the hell you're talking about."


Jim: "You don't know what the hell you're talking about."
Eddy: "I'm an activist. I know exactly what I'm talking about. Peace can never be an option in these situations. Not complete peace, at least."


Jim: "Is Myrtle not important? Are we not important? Is the pot not important?"


Eddy: "What are you trying to get at?"
Jim: "You were planning on sacrificing the whole 150 points for something, possibly to try and create chaos, but Myrtle caught on to your plan and didn't let you have your way, and now you're trying to convince her to follow your plan."
Eddy: "That's a very active imagination you have there. But even if it's true it's only 150 points in the grand scheme of things."


Jim: "There is a limit to how much you can sacrifice."
Eddy: "Like I said. All for the greater good."
Jim: "Is it really a greater good?"


Jim: "Take it from me. If you get too fixated on whatever your goal is, you'll lose sight of what's truly important."
Myrtle: "I know what I have to do, Jim. Thanks for the concern but you don't have to worry."
Jim: "Then I have nothing left to say."


Myrtle: "Did he think we were talking about the previous mission?"
Eddy: "Yes...but I think he was talking about more than that."


Myrtle: "That was weird. I'm going to go find him."

*
*
*


Myrtle: "Jim, wait."
Jim: "I have nothing else to say. You don't want my advice."


Myrtle: "I noticed you like to come here a lot."


Jim: "Because of this art. She reminds me of my late wife."


Myrtle: "I'm sorry for bringing that up. You must have really loved her."


Jim: "I did. So when she got run over, I was determined to find that damned driver at all costs."


Myrtle: "Did you succeed?"
Jim: "No."


Jim: "I thought I had lost everything - my fame, my job, my friends and now even my wife. But I realised I had more to lose."


Myrtle: "What happened?"
Jim: "M...my son. I neglected him. Told him to go buy a couple more beers for him...he nearly got into a car accident too."


Myrtle: "I'm sorry to hear that."
Jim: "Don't be. You have nothing to feel sorry for. And I was done feeling sorry for myself."


Jim: "I couldn't stop missing work or drinking or stay stuck in the past. I had to move on. For his sake, I have to be better."


Myrtle: "Is this the limit to sacrifice that you were talking about just now?"
Jim: "Yes...er...no...I don't know. All I know is that I got reminded of this when Eddy talked about sacrificing everything for a goal. I know I'm in no position to give advice, but I hope that nobody has to go through what I did."


Myrtle: "I appreciate you looking out for me, Jim. And I believe that your son appreciates you trying to become a better dad."


Jim: "Thank you."

*
*
*


Eric: "Hey! Don't you dare try to peek in my journal."
Eddy: "Got any secrets in there?"
Eric: "You're the one with secrets, not me."


Eddy: "What are you doing here? The quiz isn't in an hour."
Eric: "Revising. What about you?"
Eddy: "I was planning on doing the same."


Eric: "I suddenly realise how little I can trust you."


Eddy: "You think I'm the Mole?"


Eric: "I think you wanted Myrtle to lose the points. It's my duty to stop you."


Eddy: "You forever think you're the hero of your own story. There's so much that you don't know."


Eric: "Like what?"
Eddy: "Would you have gone for the clue or the points?"


Eric: "The points."
Eddy: "Really?"


Eric: "I admit that I was pissed off at everyone yesterday. It's like nobody was listening to me and everyone was only thinking of themselves. I realised that I had a card telling me that you would lie, so each of you would also have a similar card, and you were acting on that, not the pot. I felt like I was being punished for being the good guy. Even right from the first mission, I was with Bruna. She got the ticket and I didn't. I was screwed over."


Eric: "You told me you were done caring too. So why should I be the stupid one?"


Eric: "But Myrtle chose points. That was shocking to me. Maybe I had been selfish."

Eddy: "Maybe she didn't need a clue. Or maybe she didn't actually get points."
Eric: "You're implying she lied?"

Eddy: "None of us were allowed to know which room she entered or what each room contained. We can only take her word for it."


Eric: "That changes everything. Thanks for sharing."


*
*
*

It is time for the quiz. 10 questions about the Mole's identity. The lowest scorer will be executed.


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: Has the Mole ever worn spectacles?
A: Yes
B: No

Q3: What colour are the Mole's shoelaces?
A: White
B: Black
C: The Mole does not wear shoelaces


Q4: In Mission 9, what colour were the windows of the car the Mole took?
A: Yellow
B: White
C: Off-white

Q5: In Mission 9, what was written behind the back of one of the Mole's cards?
A: Eric knows the answer to Question 7 of the next quiz
B: Jim will choose himself over the group in the surprise segment
C: If Myrtle is chosen for the surprise, she will lie about it
D: Eddy will lie about one of his cards


Q6: Which of the Mole's cards was the secret note written on in Mission 9?
A: The Shining
B: CN Tower
C: 12 Apostles
D: 12

Q7: In which order did the Mole speak in Mission 9?
A: 1st
B: 2nd
C: 3rd
D: 4th


Q8: How many times was the Mole's photo placed in a black frame?
A: 0
B: 1
C: 2

Q9: In Mission 9, wha clue did the Mole give?
A: The Rock's age
B: The newest James Bond movie
C: Pyramid with a castle head
D: Half of a George Orwell novel

Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Myrtle Noon
B: Eddy Xenish
C: Eric Zetsweller
D: Jim Quince

*
*
*


"Contestants, it is remarkable that you've come so far. You are this close to the finale, but there are only 3 spots, and one is taken by the Mole. This means that one of you will not be participating in the final mission. Who will it be?"


"Eddy Xenish, you..."














































































































































































































































































































"...are making it through to the finale!"


"Myrtle Noon, unfortunately..."























































































































































































































































































































"...you are the last to be executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Myrtle: "Congratulations boys."


Myrtle: "I made a mistake. A very costly one. I chose the wrong Mole and paid the price, but I'm thankful I still managed to make it here. It's been a wonderful journey and the Smole has been a silver lining for me. I would say good luck but you clearly don't need it."


"Myrtle is the last victim of the Mole this season. It's clear that the Mole is a man, but who is it?"





"The sun is set but there's no rest for the weary. It's time for your final mission of the season and your last chance to outsmart the Mole."


The last woman of the season has been executed! Who is the Mole and can they take the bigger share of the pot this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!