Sunday 5 June 2022

52.12-Quote-unquote


 
In the last mission, the final five had to choose a superpower and be trained by a Superpower Ranger. Dotty chose flight, Deborah chose telekinesis, Archibald chose speed, Seth chose invisibility and Sabrina chose strength. Only Deborah failed to pass her Superpower Ranger test and thus 120/150 points were earned in this mission. The pot now has 418/680 points. With their new superpowers, will they be able to catch the Mole or will they be executed next?

*
*
*


Archibald: "I am amazed at what my body could do if I put my mind to it. I challenged myself and pushed boundaries. And I succeeded. It definitely helps that I am a devout priest who eats healthily and had to spend most of his life walking around Soleunda as there were no transportation. I specially ate a sacred fruit before the test but now my supplies are running low. I will need to seek my associate's help again when this show is over."


Seth: "I'm not sure how I pulled that mission off. Sure, it was loud and noisy and I think the woman who was watching TV was blind and deaf, but they didn't even glance at me. It feels great to be treated as invisible."


Dotty: "This is a strong group. The twist also makes the Mole this season more cautious. The Mole is having a hard time. I hope the Mole doesn't despair and continues trying his or her best to make this a successful season, but I also hope that we as a group can continue this strong performance to the finish."

*
*
*


Dotty: "It's nice to be able to take a walk with nature. What a coincidence that you thought the same."


Dotty: "You know, I feel like even though we spent so much time together, we don't really know each other that well. Maybe you could tell me a little more about yourself."
Seth: "What do you want to know?"


Dotty: "Hmm, how about why you chose invisibility as your superpower?"
Seth: "Err, it seems useful. And I am someone who is used to being in the background."


Dotty: "'Used to'? Not 'likes'?"
Seth: "Err...maybe both."


Dotty: "Alright. If you couldn't choose invisibility, which superpower would you pick?"


Seth: "Maybe strength. But not too much."
Dotty: "Interesting. Care to elaborate?"


Seth: "Promise not to laugh."
Dotty: "I promise."
Seth: "During this season, I feel like I haven't been very useful, especially in the physical missions. Like, I couldn't find Simon. Sabrina was the one who was leading the way and she had more stamina than me."


Dotty: "We live in the 21st century, Seth. Men and women are equal."
Seth: "Oh, no, I'm not trying to be sexist. It's just that...isn't this what is expected of men? That's what they show on TV. Especially now that Maurice is gone, if there are any more physical missions, I will have to be the one to pick up the slack, won't I?"


Dotty: "Nobody is thinking any lesser of you for not being as fast as Maurice. Nobody can be as fast as him. So you shouldn't think of yourself that way too. I know you know that deep down too. Or you wouldn't have only wanted a bit more strength."


Dotty: "I think you're cool just as you are."
Seth: "Really?"
Dotty: "Of course."


Dotty: "Life imitates art and art imitates life. Today, it's all about individuality rather than looking cool and being a hero. That's why we see less of those kind of movies."
Seth: "I guess you're right."


Seth: "...Thanks."
Dotty: "No problem. And thank you for warming up to me and having a conversation."


Seth: "Oh right. I nearly forgot you were an actress. I can't believe I'm talking to a celebrity."
Dotty: "Isn't that the beauty of the Smole? Anyone can join and we're all equal here."

*
*
*


Archibald: "With only five members in the house, it is much easier to travel unaccounted."


Archibald: "Yes, the sunstone...I have finally gotten my chance."


Archibald: "With this, nobody will ever doubt me."


Archibald: "How do I remove this cover?"


Sabrina: "What do you think you're doing?"
Archibald: "I was admiring...oh, it's you."


Sabrina: "Were you trying to steal the sunstone?"
Archibald: "You already know so there's no need for me to pretend."


Archibald: "This isn't even your home, Sabrina. Why do you care?"
Sabrina: "It's mine for the time being so I have every right to ensure that not a single item is misplaced."


Archibald: "You can join me, Sabrina. You hate Elise. If we work together, we can take down the monarchy and put you in charge."
Sabrina: "I don't need to resort to dirty tricks. I'm fully capable of proving that I should be the rightful ruler of Soleunda."


Sabrina: "You look younger. What have you done?"
Archibald: "I harvested the sunstone's energy. This proves that I'm the rightful disciple of Sole."


Sabrina: "Oh shut up about that nonsense already. I know you're not actually a priest. You just want to be written into history as the most faithful man in Soleunda. I know your secret. I saw what you ate before you had to run yesterday. The question is just how you got it."


Archibald: "A man has his secrets."


Archibald: "But look around you. This castle, these relics, they could be yours. They should have been yours. Who knows where the princess and the king hid your fortunes when they robbed them from you?"


Archibald: "Didn't you always want to restore the family legacy? This is your chance. Nobody is here to stop you."
Sabrina: "That's true..."


Sabrina: "But I was raised better than that. I'll restore the legacy the proper way."
Archibald: "How long will that take? You'll be dead by then! Don't be a fool and let the opportunity slip by."


Sabrina: "I'm not going to abet your crimes. I'll have the history books rewritten to expose you. I'll report you for stealing national treasures. You're not getting away with this."


Archibald: "Fine. Then I guess I'll just have to burn down this castle, even if I'm going down with it."


Sabrina: "Are you the one who burned down the sun temple?"


Archibald: "No. I'm not a fool. There are many prized possessions in there. But if you corner me, I'll have no choice but to take extreme measures. I managed to write myself into history. I can ruin the Regis name and put the blame on you. Don't underestimate what I can do."


Sabrina: "Don't let me catch you in here again. Next time I won't be so nice."
Archibald: "I don't plan on letting you."

*
*
*


Deborah: "Dotty? What are you doing in there?"


Dotty: "Oh hi Deborah! I was just admiring the view."
Deborah: "There are many places to admire the view."


Deborah: "What's that in your hand?"
Dotty: "Oh, this? It's..."
Deborah: "A pregnancy kit."


Dotty: "Don't tell anyone, please."
Deborah: "Why not? Having a kid is a joyous affair. Unless the father isn't your husband."


Dotty: "Don't spread rumours. It 100% is Hottie's. I have been faithful to him. I just don't want this to affect my career. I'm at the pinnacle now. Having a child at this time would be...inconvenient."
Deborah: "So you plan on aborting the child? Imagine the tabloids."


Dotty: "I haven't decided. But I know how to handle the press and the crowd."


Deborah: "If you want a piece of advice, you should keep it."


Deborah: "Men are untrustworthy. You can use your pregnancy to your advantage and tie down your husband."
Dotty: "He doesn't need to be tied down. I have full faith in him."


Deborah: "Don't be naïve, Dotty. You work in the entertainment business. You know you can't just simply assume that, especially when he's surrounded by many beautiful actresses every day."
Dotty: "Thank you for your concern but we have full control of our relationship."


Deborah: "Don't say I didn't warn you."
Dotty: "Why are you so concerned about my marriage anyway?"


Deborah: "Because I don't want you to end up like me. At the end of the day, we're both women. I don't want you to end up in a situation where you coop yourself up in the room, crying uncontrollably and ignoring your own needs and that of your children."


Dotty: "You're finally willingly talking about your husband."
Deborah: "It's a raw subject. But he's my ex-husband. He doesn't deserve to be called my husband. He left me for a man. A man! If he can be so callous about this family, then I don't need to spare him any sympathies. The Rizonas have cut him off from the family."


Dotty: "But he is the father of your children after all."
Deborah: "He doesn't deserve to be called their father!"


Dotty: "I'm sorry. But if you think about it from another perspective, it's good that the two of you split up if you're incompatible."
Deborah: "This has nothing to do with incompatibility! He betrayed us. Period. Him finding a man is an excuse so that he can get sympathy." 


Deborah: "Do you know what he did? He brought several women to our house and slept on our bed. When we divorced, he turned the house upside down in spite, breaking all our furniture and made our lives miserable. He...he...he also tried to murder me in my sleep! He sent hitmen after me and my children!"


Dotty: "Really?"
Deborah: "How can you not believe me? We're both women and you're taking his side over mine? After I told you everything he's done?"


Dotty: "I sympathise with you, Deborah. I really do. But it's hard to imagine how someone could have that much hatred to go after their own children."


Deborah: "So you're saying I'm lying?"
Dotty: "I didn't say that. I just wasn't there so I don't know."


Deborah: "You either stand with me or against me."


Dotty: "Ow! That hurt!"


Deborah: "If none of you believe me, then I'll just kill myself!"


Dotty: "You need help. I'll speak to a producer to see if I can get a counsellor for you."
Deborah: "I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU!"


Dotty: "AAAAH!"


Deborah: "HE IS A MONSTER! YOU HEAR ME? A MONSTER! AND IF YOU STAND ON HIS SIDE YOU'RE A MONSTER AS WELL!"


Dotty: "Are you insane? I could have fallen off, Deborah!"
Deborah: "DO YOU STILL WANT TO STAND ON HIS SIDE? DO YOU?"


Dotty: "You're out of your mind!"

*
*
*


Dotty: "Some of the contestants are so...intense, for a lack of a better word. I had to try my hardest not to pick a fight with her because it wouldn't look good. And because it's not in my personality to fight with others, naturally. I don't know what snapped in her. She seems like she has issues though and I hope that she is able to get the treatment she needs as soon as possible."

*
*
*


Sabrina: "Perfect."
Seth: "What are you doing?"


Sabrina: "I just polished this statue. What do you think?"


Seth: "It looks a bit old."
Sabrina: "That can't be helped. It has history."


Seth: "Why did you suddenly decide to polish it?"
Sabrina: "Archibald said something to me the other day which I felt made a lot of sense. Now that I'm in charge of this house, I have to prove it. I'd get the maids to do it but they're not allowed for the duration of the Smole so I have to do it myself. I feel dirty just thinking about it."


Sabrina: "This is one of the rare chances where you get to speak directly to someone in a position of power. Is there anything else you think this house could use to improve?"


Seth: "Err...an extra bed would be nice. And maybe a TV. The house is also too large. Imagine how tiring it is to clean the entire castle yourself."


Sabrina: "That's true. I should work smarter. I'll have a think about it."


Sabrina: "Now if you excuse me I'll be taking a bath. The longer I spend down here the ickier I feel."


Sabrina: "Oh, can you also keep an eye on Archibald for me?"
Seth: "Why?"
Sabrina: "Just do as I say."

*
*
*


Deborah: "Archibald?"


Deborah: "Why is he climbing to the rooftop?"


Archibald: "Nothing in this room. Where have they hidden the remaining treasures? I don't believe the reigning princess of Soleunda doesn't have a few life fruit of her own."


Archibald: "Deborah! What are you doing here?"
Deborah: "I should be asking you that question."


Archibald: "I was just exploring the castle. It's so big, there's always something new to discover. Now if you'll excuse me I'll be on my way."
Deborah: "Wait. I have a question to ask you."


Deborah: "You're older than me and are much more knowledgeable about Soleunda than I am. Do you know how to summon Eunda?"


Archibald: "Eunda? Why would you want to summon her? She'll cause destruction to the world."


Deborah: "Nonsense. She's just misunderstood."
Archibald: "Are you the expert or am I?"


Archibald: "Eunda stabbed Lunis, who then exploded into a supernova to become Lux. Eunda then stabbed Lux who fragmented into seven, including Kira. She tried to drown Kira and over hundreds of innocent Soleundans."


Deborah: "That was only because Sole cheated on his own wife and had a lovechild of his own! No wonder all the men in Soleunda are unfaithful."


Archibald: "Did you come here just to argue with me about Eunda?"
Deborah: "No, of course not. I wanted to know what happened to Eunda."


Archibald: "She was sealed in Eunda's Point before the 720th full moon, before she reached her strongest and could kill Lunis for good."


Deborah: "Really? Isn't that the graveyard near the ocean? That sounds like a bad place to seal her."


Archibald: "Are you doubting me?"
Deborah: "Well, it's been a while since I've been to the museum but I don't recall there ever being an ending to this story, especially not a quote-unquote happy ending."


Archibald: "The priests decided to let the matter rest so as not to alarm the mortals. Now if you'll excuse me I really have to go. The sun is setting and I have a quiz to prepare for."

*
*
*

It is time for the quiz. 10 questions about the identity of the Mole. Through the quiz, contestants will try to expose the Mole, but the Mole will throw a scapegoat to the wolves.


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: Has the Mole ever dyed his or her hair?
A: Yes
B: No


Q3: Which trait does the Mole have?
A: Loser
B: Flirty
C: Never Nude
D: Kleptomaniac
E: Supernatural Sceptic

Q4: Which superpower did the Mole choose in Mission 6?
A: Flight
B: Invisibility
C: Telekinesis
D: Super speed
E: Super strength


Q5: In Mission 6, which Superpower Ranger trained the Mole?
A: Red Ranger
B: Blue Ranger
C: Green Ranger
D: Yellow Ranger
E: Pink Ranger

Q6: Was the Superpower Ranger the same gender as the Mole in Mission 6?
A: Yes
B: No


Q7: In Mission 6, where did the Mole perform the test?
A: Harbourfront Gym
B: Soleunda's Siren
C: Ganges Port
D: Mesa
E: Marina Avenue

Q8: In which order did the Mole perform the test in Mission 6?
A: 1st
B: 2nd
C: 3rd
D: 4th
E: 5th


Q9: Did the Mole pass the test in Mission 6?
A: Yes
B: No

Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Deborah Rizona
B: Sabrina Regis
C: Dotty McLottie
D: Archibald Solrene Bishop
E: Seth Azpect

*
*
*


Archibald: "I have been observing and observing but I cannot find enough clues. I believe the Mole is either Sabrina or Seth, or maybe even Dotty, but I don't know enough yet to choose one of the three."





















































































































































































































































































































"Unfortuantely, Archibald, you have been the next to be executed. Please pack your bags and leave."

*
*
*


Archibald: "My time has come and I have to face what comes eventually. I just did not expect it to be so soon. I had a sliver of hope that I would survive for a few more rounds. Nonetheless, I am grateful to have been a part of this journey and will do whatever it takes to protect the reputation of the priests from naysayers and supporters of Eunda, such as Sabrina Regis."


The "priest" Archibald has been executed! Who will be the last one to be executed?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!