Thursday 10 November 2016

26.17-You know production is broke when the best house they can afford is a block of driftwood


The final five had to go on a treasure hunt to catch a certain number and type of fish at certain locations based on clues. Owing to the disastrous weather, the mission could not be completed, hence contestants were awarded 50/150 points, making the pot 450/1040 points. During the execution ceremony, the co-owner of the house Randall was the only one left in the water. With one more in the way of the finale, have you figured out who the Mole is yet?

***


Lisette: "It's nice of you to come stop by. It can get very lonely here. You know, sometimes I miss my parents, and although they weren't very supportive, I knew that deep down they wanted me to pursue my dreams and be happy. Do you ever miss your parents?"


Lloyd: "They're gone now. I love them and all, but it will sound pretty rude of me if I say I feel freer. Like I can breathe. I no longer need to be the good boy that everyone wants me to be. I no longer need to get that doctorate of PhD or work in a top-level career. I can finally do whatever I want. I even redecorated my home to fit me. Now, I can finally be me. And it's crazy, but I felt that they made me miss out on so much of my life, so I'm going to reclaim that back."

***


Jasmine: "So, Lloyd, then."
Elaine: "Yes, yes, uh, we'll pick him."
Jasmine: "Why do you look so tense?"


Elaine: "I can't take it any longer! The stress is too much to handle. My conscience has been bugging me since Day 1!"


Jasmine: "So, you're telling me that you're the Mole?"


Elaine: "Yes, yes! I mean, no! I mean...ugh, I don't know!"
Jasmine: "You can't not know your identity."
Elaine: "I don't know who I am any more. I'm a failed mother."
Jasmine: "Wait, you and Martin had a child? Why didn't I hear of this?"


Elaine: "Because we killed him."
Jasmine: "Did I hear you correctly?"
Elaine: "Jasper knew too much. We had to kill him, or it would be us that would be toast. I still remember his cries, the look in his eyes as Martin electrocuted him to death."
Jasmine: "Same M.O.D, eh? I guess it runs in the family. And here you were blaming me for getting rid of the paparazzi. You're no angel."
Elaine: "I didn't even want to do it. Martin forced my hand! I couldn't bear to let him die. And then...we got rid of his birth records. All of them. I don't know what Martin did, but he made sure the hospitals wiped them clean. We couldn't even give him a proper burial or funeral. What kind of mother am I?"


Elaine: "I'm sorry Martin, but I let the cat out of the bag. It was just too much. I know that once I'm out of here, I'll probably go to jail. I'm just sorry for jeopardising your career and future too. Once the police--the ones you didn't manage to bribe or whatever--know about what we did, about the family's killing spree, it'd be the end of the line for us. No amount of covering up will help any more. I just want to sleep in peace. To all who trusted me, I hereby apologise."

***



The next mission is a houseboat race. Contestants are to drive the houseboats (we bought one more) to designated locations and drop the fish they collected in the previous mission (or were supposed to, but because of the pathetic catch, we gave them new fish to throw back into the ocean) or suffer a -10 penalty each time. Whoever makes it back within two hours earns 50 points. This is worth 200 points in total, and the first houseboat to make it to the finish line gets the coveted exemption.


"On your marks..."


"...ready..."


"..get set..."


"...go!"
Elaine: "You know production is broke when the best house they can afford is a block of driftwood."


It's quite a close race...for the other three, anyway.


Lisette's having a bit of trouble.


Lloyd: "Watch it, Jasmine. I'm going to crash into you."


We're beginning to see a distinction.


Lisette's going to have a tough time getting out of that one.


Wait, wha...?


Lloyd: "Oof! Why did she stop?"


Elaine: "I can't hold it in any longer."


Lloyd: "Well, I'm not going to wait around. She's lost her lead. Too bad."


Even Lisette passed her. Elaine has dropped from first to last.


Jasmine: "Oh my god I need to do it now!"


This looks so wrong.


Like, why is the toilet gone?


Jasmine: "No, Elaine has beat me! I will not settle for last place."

***


Lloyd: "I'm finally at the first pit stop."


Lloyd: "Now, where's my fish?"


Lloyd: "Here we go. Byee."


Lloyd: "That's a large drop. I think I saw the splash."


Lloyd: "Better take a quickie before they catch up."


Elaine has passed by...she's not stopping.


Elaine: "I forgot about the first stop. My mind was focused on getting the exemption and securing that spot in the finale. I didn't care so much about the points when survival was at stake."


Jasmine has reached too.


Jasmine: "Okay, park first."


Jasmine: "This is so cumbersome."


Jasmine: "I have to run in and out to throw fish away. Eek, they're gross and slimy!"


Lisette: "Finally! Oh, what an achievement."


Lisette: "Now, time to release the fish."

***


Lloyd: "She better not sabotage. I didn't catch if she dropped her first fish but she better had."


This is the current standing. It's still anyone's game.


Cheaters, all of them.

***
Let's just pretend that two hours haven't passed yet and the dark sky is because of some haze or something :)


Elaine: "I can't lose too many points. I'm at the lighthouse now and regained my lead."


Elaine: "Now, where is that fish?"


Elaine: "Just throw it in and move on to the finish line."


Lloyd: "Elaine's leaving already?"


Jasmine: "Here at last."


Lloyd: "Okay, time to drop that next fish into the ocean."


Lloyd: "I failed to realise that the fish dropped onto the deck. I thought they landed in the sea, but apparently one didn't. It was my oversight."


Jasmine: "Good riddance."


Lisette has arrived as well.


Lisette: "Bye, fishie! Swim to freedom! If you're not dead by now."

***


They tack separate paths to the airport.


Who will win the exemption?

***


The airport: the finish line.


Elaine: "I'm here."


Elaine: "I did it! I'm in the finale!"


Lloyd: "Second place, but at least I came in in time."


Jasmine: "Hmph. At least I'm not last."


Lisette: "Well, bummer. I couldn't snag another exemption."

The group all made it in time. However, Elaine and Lloyd both failed to throw a fish into the ocean, hence deducting 20 points. Altogether 180/200 points have been earned, bringing the pot to 650/1240 points. For being the first, Elaine gets that final exemption.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!