Tuesday 15 November 2016

26.19-Long road ahead


Previously, the final four competed in a houseboat race where they tried to be the first to get to the finish line while dropping fish at designated locations. Elaine made it to the end first, hence earning the last exemption of the season, while both Elaine and Lloyd did not throw one fish each into the sea at the designated location, thus earning a -20 penalty, resulting in 180/200 points earned overall for that mission, or 650/1240 points. Jasmine knew that she was a goner and she was right, for she became the last victim of the Mole. With the finale approaching, who will win? Who is the Mole? And will the Mole beat the winner in terms of earnings this season?

***


Lloyd: "Come on, Lisette. Try my cripsy tofu dog."


Lisette: "I'll pass."
Elaine: "Sigh. Sometimes I envy you two. You get to live life in such a carefree, unrestrained manner. What's so good about rock anyway?"
Lloyd: "Personally, I fell in love with rock and roll the first time I heard it. Before that I thought I would hate it. But I love it for its richness and rawness. It expresses thoughts in a very clear-cut manner without beating around the bush."
Lisette: "I just like it because it's more refreshing than the cliche love pop songs you hear on the radio. And I get to infuse my bass into it. So that's a plus."


"Congratulations for making it to the finale. You've still got a long road ahead if you want to beat the Mole, however."

 "This is your final chance to do so."




"Scattered around town are nine journals, pertaining to each of the nine ex contestants." 


"You have to find them."


" In each journal is a note with a number on it."

"That is the number of points each journal is worth."


"However, for it to count, you must bring your houseboat to the nearest location and then retrieve it before heading straight back to the household. "



"This is worth 260 points in total."


"You have three hours to complete the mission. Good luck."


Lisette: "I think one of us has to man the houseboat at all times while the other two search."
Elaine: "We probably have to split up to save time."
Lisette: "You'd like that, won't you?"
Lloyd: "She's right, though. If we want to maximise our gains we must aim for efficiency. I'll drive the houseboat. You two can go search."
Elaine: "we'll head to opposite ends of Zimmaportdor efficiency."

***


Elaine: "I'll start with those nearby."


Elaine: "Statting with the Red Alert fire station."


Elaine: "There are so many drawers. I have to be quick in infiltrating. Time is of the essence."


Lisette: "Wow. How do you drive this thing? Where's the speed control?"



Elaine: "The second floor is full of exercise equipment. Where can they hide a journal here?"


Lisette: "Why is there a police car there? Better stay away from there for a while."


Lisette: "I think I shall start with that fortune teller wagon."


Lisette: "Hello there. I am wondering if you have seen a journal."


Amanda: "A crystal ball! This could be fun, Cat! Cat?"


Catherine: "You made things worse."


Catherine: "I was made to look like a complete fool. Lloyd said he didn't love me at all!"


Herman: "That's your problem. You must have screwed up somewhere. My advice never fails unless you don't do them properly. Just my luck to run into you."

***


Lloyd: "I'll move the ship close to Elaine so that it will be faster when she finds a journal."


Elaine: "Nothing hidden in this bed either. I'm beginning to think there's nothing in here."


Elaine: "There's a ladder up here."


Elaine: "Maybe it is hidden somewhere in the bell,"


Lisette: "There's nothing here at all."


Elaine: "Oh, it is Autumn's journal."


Elaine: "Hmm...she didn't write much in here. Oh, there's the paper. Better tell Lloyd."

***


Lloyd: "I'm here. You didn't have to wait for me. Just tell me where and move on. I'll come and fetch it."


Lisette: "Maybe it's upstairs. I'm having such bad luck."


Lisette: "Maybe it's hidden in one of the exhibitions. It says no entry, but I'm not one to follow rules."


Elaine: "Nothing in here too. This is difficult."


Lisette: "Where is that guy going? Who is that guy anyway? I bet that's who the police were chasing."


Lisette: "Anyway, now that they're gone, it's time to start searching. I think I see something in here."


Lisette: "Yiu can't hide from me forever."


Lisette: "Lloyd, I found Jasmine's journal at Dover's stop, in the flower bush surrounded by rocks."

***


Elaine: "We forgot about the ports the last time. It won't happen again."


Elaine: "Let me check the dustbins. Nothing."


Elaine: "Oh, there it is. I nearly kicked it in. This is Herman's. Let's see how much this is worth."


Lisette: "I don't even know where to start if they buried it in the sand."


Lisette: "I need to use the toilet first."


Lisette: "Oh! Who put Justin's journal in here?"


Elaine: "If inside is clear, what about outside?"


Elaine: "Don't tell me they hid it in the hay."


Elaine: "Better stop wasting time grumbling."


Elaine: "Aha. Randall's journal. I wonder what he wrote."


Lisette: "It doesn't open until 5. It shouldn't be here."


Lisette: "Time to head to the other island."


Lloyd: "Toot toot! I better go and collect the journals Lisette found before it's too late."


Lloyd: "She said the beach had one, right?" 


Lloyd: "And here too. Oh, I got a missed call from Elaine. I better call her back."

***


Elaine: "I don't know anybody here, but coming here brings up sad memories."


Lloyd: "Jasper, maybe soon I can give you a proper burial like all of these others here."


Lisette: "I am not willing to go in each toilet and check. These potties are hardly maintained."



Elaine: "I don't have time to comb through the hospitals, so I'll just ask the receptionist if production entered."


Lisette: "I don't want to get arrested, so I'll just sneak in from the back instead of barging right in."


Lisette: "They said no fishing? I bet the journal is in here somewhere."


Elaine: "That box is empty. Maybe it's buried in the sand."


Elaine: "Oh, under the bench. Whose is this? Oh, it's Michelle's."


Lloyd: "Okay, I've got the journal."


Lloyd: "I wonder how many points this is worth."


Lloyd: "0 points? Darn, a wasted trip. Better hurry up and go collect the rest."

***


Lloyd: "It's Herman's. Let's see how much that jerk is worth. 20 points. Ha!"


Elaine: "I should check the box and the boat. Those are the most likely hiding places."


Lloyd: "Elaine should be up here now."


Lloyd: "Elaine said there was a journal here too. Where is it...oh, there it is."


Lisette: "Where do I even begin?"


Lisette: "If they really hid them in here, they are extremely cruel."



Lloyd: "I might as well make a quick stop at the lighthouse. I don't think anyone has entered."


Elaine: "I'm not going in there. I'll take a look at the proximity first. Why I are there sacks there?"


Elaine: "Hmm, these look freshly traded. Oh, there is another journal."

***


Lloyd: "Okay, Catherine, let's see what you got. What the...0 points again?"


Lloyd: "Something feels amiss. How can most of the journals I found be worth so little or nothing at all? It doesn't add up. I want to say Elaine did something but I'm not sure how she could tamper with it. Plus not all the journals she found were worthless. Anyway, time was running out so I decided to take matters into my own hands and search for the journals myself, even though that was not allowed."



Lloyd: "The things I do."



Lloyd: "How much of a b****** can they get?"


Lisette: "Will they pull the same trick twice?"


Lisette: "Only one way to find out. Pity the guy who has to clean this up, like the librarian when I turned the library upside down."


Elaine: "Is that Lloyd? What are you doing here?"
Lloyd: "We don't have enough time."
Elaine: "You're just the fetcher."


Lloyd: "Just hurry up and help me look. Then I'll run back to the houseboat and back here again if I found it. Bam."


Elaine: "Lloyd! I think I found it! Matthew's journal."


"Time is up!"
Lloyd: "Great."
"Altogether, you have found 7 journals, which is not bad. In those journals we found the slips of paper and after tallying them up, you have earned 150/260 points, making the pot 800/1500 points."
Lloyd: "If this is worth 20, then the other must be worth 90 points. Wow. That's a lot."

***


Elaine: "You can do this. A broken dishwasher won't kill you."


Elaine: "There we go. You did it. If only I could prevent his death. Why did I let Martin carry on?"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!