Sunday 23 October 2016

26.11-Me, Lloyd Smart, smart


The last time on the Smole, the contestants had to either be bodyguards or be a celebrity for a few hours, trying not to be caught by other bodyguards to stand a chance at winning an exemption. Ultimately, all were caught, resulting in 80/80 points earned, making the pot 250/590 points. Catherine left in tears after realising how misinformed she had been. With her gone, will there be peace at last? Or will the Mole wreak havoc?

***



Lars: "Yawn. Oh, a camera. I did request for more cameras on me. I should not complain."


Randall: "So, in the last mission you said you noticed Lars being very relaxed?"
Matthew: "Yes, like he almost wanted me to be caught."
Randall: "But that will fetch points. How is that suspicious?"
Matthew: "I don't know. He's sending mixed signals."


Matthew: "I don't remember being in a coalition with Randall, but he said I was, so it must be true. It's just so hard to concentrate. I'm still trying to get over the loss and start afresh but it's difficult. When I close my eyes the scene replays in my head, even though I didn't actually witness it; only the aftermath."


Lisette: "Now that Catherine is gone somebody has to step up to the kitchen counter."


Lloyd: "I can't believe I didn't realise Catherine still had a thing for me. And I call myself smart." Me, Lloyd Smart, smart? And yet I didn't realise. I smell something."



Lloyd: "Good morning. Didn't realise you could cook."
Lisette: "Simple fares. There are a lot of things you don't know about me."
Lloyd: "If you give me a chance to get to know you, I would."


Lisette: "Should I accept him back?  He said some really hurtful things. Argh, I came here to win, not to be confused by my feelings. I guess this game is not for me."

***


Lars: "Must keep fit in case I need to escape."



Elaine: "Jasper..."
Matthew: "Kate..."


Elaine: "When did he come up here?"


Matthew: "Oh, the horror." *shudder*


Elaine: "Wake up and smell the coffee!"


Matthew: "Huh? Sigh."


Elaine: "You need to stop moping around, for crying out loud. Get over it! They're dead. You can't change that. Where did all your confidence go to?"
Randall: "Hi guys...did I come at a wrong time?"


Matthew: "You don't understand me."
Elaine: "Rubbish."


Elaine: "We've all felt the pain of losing someone before. I'm sure Randall has too."


Matthew: "Actually, how come you're not distressed about your family's death? Did you kill them?"
Elaine: "No!"
Matthew: "Nobody was talking to you!"
Randall: "I was sad for a while, but I got over it. It was an accident and as long as we take precautions, history won't repeat itself."


Matthew: "You all don't get how I feel! My whole family died at my hands! I'm to blame! You all try to pretend to understand but you don't! You've only lost one son, and you've only lost two!"
Elaine: "Excuse me? A life is a life, no matter how many!"
Randall: "Is what he said true?"


Randall: "I didn't know you had a son, Elaine?"
Matthew: "I didn't mean to let it slip."


Randall: "Why are you trying to keep it a secret?"
Elaine: "I..."


Elaine: "Because she herself can't get over it. Pot calling kettle black. Hmph! I'm not sticking around for much longer."
Elaine: "That is not true. I just felt that it's better that others don't know, so that I'm spared all the questions."


Randall: "Oh, well then I'll go first then."


Randall: "I need to find a toilet."


Randall: "My stomach is making a fuss."


Randall: "Must have been spoiled food last night."


Matthew: "Nobody understands the sorrows I've seen...she's right though. Where did all my confidence go to? I'm such a wuss."


Elaine: "I'm sorry Martin, the cat's been let out of the bag."

***


Randall: "This is tense."
Matthew: "I'll go clean up."


Jasmine: "Why are you cleaning? Don't you have a maid?"
Matthew: "My wife used to do all the chores...now I have to do it myself."


Jasmine: "Sad story."


Lars: "Jasmine, I always wanted to speak to you."
Jasmine: "What is it?"


Lars: "You are very famous. How do you do it? I want to be like you."


Jasmine: "Oh, another wannabe. Let me tell you that my five stars were earned through sheer grit and hard work. Years of it."


Lars: "I do not have so many years. Can you help me find roles to play on TV?"
Jasmine: "What am I? An agent?"


Jasmine: "Go do it yourself. Nobody's going to help you."
Lars: "I did not realise how rude you are."
Jasmine: "The audience likes me like this."


Matthew: "I beg to differ."
Jasmine: "Nobody asked for your opinion."

***


This is the next mission. Contestants will play a game of minesweeper. There are 27 mines the Mole has specially planted in here, and their job is to find them all to earn 100 points. When they choose a tile to reveal, grey means there are no mines surrounding it. Red means one mine surrounding that tile, orange means two, yellow means three, green means 4 and so on so forth. Purple will represent 8 mines surrounding that tile. They may choose to "flag" a tile if they are unsure if a mine is there by sending one of them to that tile. They may have more than 7 flags at one time, but every flag after 7 costs them 10 points.


Elaine: "I wouldn't do that if I were you."
Matthew: "Yikes! You could have warned me earlier."


Randall: "Better start recording some stuff first."


Elaine: "I must be vigilant and hardworking."


Lloyd: "This was way too easy. 400 tiles, and only 27 mines? It must be a hint. Jasmine mentioned that her favourite number is 27. It's almost too obvious. Yet everything so far seems to point to Jasmine. Even the celebrity mission. Catherine and I both picked that option. I'm sure she did. So that means I may be off track."


Jasmine: "I told everyone that my favourite number was 27 on our way here as if I was surprised by the coincidence. Truth is, 27 isn't my favourite number at all. I hope they pick me."



Lloyd: "Alright. I've done this before. This is easy. Let me pick a tile."


Jasmine: "There is a white tile in the centre. I bet the mine is there."
Randall: "I don't think so."
Lloyd: "No, we don't need to assume things. We have a flag."
Elaine: "You're using it so soon?"
Lloyd: "We can always remove the flag later. Just ensure that no more than 7 of us are on the board at one time."


Lloyd: "Lisette, will you do the honours?"
Lisette: "Okay. I don't get this game but I trust you."


Lloyd: "I believe that two mines are there, so I'm going to mark it black."


Lloyd: "That means the tile next to it is safe."
Elaine: "I disagree."
Lloyd: "What is there to disagree? There is only one mine surrounding the red tile at that corner. If there is already a mine, then the tile next to it must be safe. I'm choosing that one. See? Yellow. Safe."


Lloyd: "Now, let me take a look at the board and see where we can start off."


Elaine: "You aren't doing this as a team."
Lars: "She is right."


Lloyd: "But I know what is going on. I choose that tile to reveal. See?"


Elaine: "This is about working together."
Lloyd: "Okay, what do you propose we do next?"


Elaine: "Take Lisette off. We must use our flags wisely."


Current board.


Elaine: "There are two white tiles."
Lloyd: "It's very far away. I can't really see."
Jasmine: "I say we put two flags down there."


Randall; "Are you crazy? That's a lot!"
Jasmine: "There are seven of us. We won't suck."


Jasmine: "You two. Go up."
Lisette: "Shall we go?"


Lars: "Okay."
Jasmine: "Chop-chop."
Lloyd: "What other tile is safe?"
Matthew: "This is such a dangerous game."



Lars: "Do you understand how to play this?"
Lisette: "Not at all."


Elaine: "Hmm...there is a white tile in the centre. Do you think it is there?"
Lloyd: "We can't be sure."


Jasmine: "Why not we put a flag?"
Randall: "How about we all just take turns to make a move? It feels fairer this way."
Lloyd: "No. That's too risky. Let's settle that tile later. How about we pick that one?"
Elaine: "We have to face it eventually. Might as well die early if it's wrong."
Lloyd: "I know, but not now."


Randall: "I felt so excluded in the mission. So did most of us. Lloyd was dominating the whole thing. He is very suspicious."



This is what the current board looks like.


Matthew: "Here? Okay."


Lloyd: "Let's move on. I think there's one mine but I can't see from here."
Jasmine: "Let's just mark the tile black."

***


Lloyd: "Okay, we're almost done. Oh, we can settle that side first."
Elaine: "Why is everyone escaping from their problems?"


Elaine: "We're close."
Lloyd: "Don't rest on your laurels yet."
Elaine: "Let us handle the three tiles there now."
Lloyd: "Okay. Hmm, it's enclosed, so there must be a mine there and there."


Elaine: "The three of you, come down now!"
Randall: "Yes ma'am!"
Jasmine: "I am not to be ordered around like that."


Randall: "We're left with those two. They must have been standing there forever."
Elaine: "We can't decide which is the correct tile. We have to take a gamble."
Matthew: "Risky behaviour."


Lloyd: "There must be some other way."
Elaine: "There is no other way. We have been here all day. I saw we mark the first white square as a mine."
Jasmine: "I agree."
Randall: "Let's just get this over and done with."
Matthew: "What he said."
Lloyd: "I guess majority rules. Tell Lisette and Lars to step off."


Lisette: "Here goes nothing."
Lars: "I am confident of their leadership."


Lisette: "I don't think it should be there."
Lars: "Oh. Shall we tell them before it is too late?"


Lisette: "Too late."
"So close. The pink tile is where the mine actually is. You chose to reveal a tile with a mine, hence 0/100 points are earned, or 250/690. You have a lot of catching up to do."


Jasmine: "Who sabotaged! Own up!"


Elaine: "How is that possible?"
Lloyd: "I must take a closer look."


Lloyd: "Wait, what?"
Elaine: "Oh."

Lloyd: "How did I not see that before."
Elaine: "I can't believe it. We were so close."


Randall: "Yeah, we could have gotten this actually."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!