Saturday 15 October 2016

26.07-The plural form



The last time on the Smole, the contestants were either speaking in water or trying to guess what was being said. 80/100 points were earned, with Michelle and Herman failing to earn those last points. The pot stood at 170/310 as Herman watched his plan go up in smokes along with him. Now that Herman's left, will there be less drama?

The contestants have merged into one houseboat.


Lloyd: "You're not getting the queen bed. Lisette is."
Jasmine: "Whatever. I'll make do. Grumble grumble."


Lloyd: "Keep your word. You don't want your fans hating you for being so selfish."
Jasmine: "Just go already."


Jasmine: "I hate this bed. I hate this houseboat. Why did we have to move here?"


Jasmine: "Bleugh!"

***



Lars: "I feel that there is not enough cameras watching me. The world needs to know who I am. I cannot fade into oblivion."



Randall: "No, it failed. Well, the others have no choice, do they?"

***
Mission time. There is a bomb hidden somewhere in Zimmaport. The contestants' job is to find out where it is within five hours. Failure to do so will result in 200 points being lost, as well as a possible obliteration of their beloved town. To remove the bomb, drive the houseboat to the correct location. The crew members on board will then defuse the bomb safely. 


Randall: "I'll drive the boat. I've lived here the longest. I know how to use this."
Elaine: "Very well.  I think the rest of us should split up and search the town in pairs."
Lisette: "I'll go with Lars. We didn't have many chances to speak to each other."
Michelle: "I'd like to go with Jasmine."
Jasmine: "I wanted to partner with Elaine."
Elaine: "it's okay, Jasmine. Just go with her. I'll go with Lloyd."
Lloyd: "I'm fine with that. Guess that leaves Catherine and Matthew."
Elaine: "Okay, we now need to decide who goes where."


Lloyd: "Is anyone noticing how Elaine is starting to take charge? Must be an occupational thing."


Michelle: "Now's my chance to earn brownie points!"



Catherine: "Are you sure you don't want to get dressed first?"
Matthew: "NO! I mean, I'm sure. Let's just go to the graveyard, quick. There is no time to lose!"


Catherine: "Does Matthew really think that the producers would plant a bomb? They would be sued to oblivion!"


Randall: "Okay. Here I go."


Randall: "Uh-oh."


Randall: "Why didn't they move the other boat back to port first?"


Randall: "Magdalene's going to kill me for this."

***


Catherine: "Let us make haste."


Elaine: "Why did Lloyd have to drive so fast?"


Lloyd: "I'm sure he went past speedboat limits. HURRRL."

***


Matthew: "Hurry up, Catherine!"


Matthew: "Come on, Matthew. Don't be afraid. It's time to come to terms with their deaths. Even though their ashes are still all at home...shouldn't have thought about that."


Catherine: "You look quite pale. Are you okay?"
Matthew: "Yes. Let's just go."

***


Lloyd: "I wish they invested in cars. Like, the plural form."


Lloyd: "Hurry up, Elaine. We don't have time to dawdle."


Elaine: "You need my pass first. They aren't going to just let visitors in like that."


Elaine: "We thought the best place to start is the military base. That's where a bomber would want to bomb us. To cripple us. And yes, I prefer coming to this houseboat to talk. What are you going to do about it? We still have access to it and now that it's empty, it's more private."



Michelle: "We're here."


Jasmine: "I'll be...around."
Michelle: "Oliver!"


Michelle: "It's so good to see you again."
Oliver: "Good to see you too, Michelle. What are you doing here?"
Louise: "Ahem. We were in the middle of a connection."
Michelle: "We're filming now. There's a fake bomb planted somewhere around town and I have to find it."
Oliver: "So that's why you took leave? To be on TV?"
Michelle: "You've got to see it my way. If we win, this brings glory to the whole of Zimmaport. And I'll channel the funds to pressing uses. If I get in. You'll help me find supporters, right?"
Louise: "If nobody is going to care about me, I'm just going to go."


Michelle: "So have you seen the production team here lately? Or any suspicious parcel?"
Oliver: "No, unfortunately. Wish I could help."
Michelle: "You can help by introducing me to some of your contacts and fund my campaign."
Oliver: "When the time comes, we'll be rivals. Nice try though."


Louise: "I can't believe it's the Jasmine Risotto!"


Louise: "Aren't you supposed to be looking for some bomb or something?"
Jasmine: "I'm testing out the balls to see if they're not bombs."
Louise: "Isn't that dangerous? Oh wait, it's a fake one. Nevermind."


Jasmine: "You distracted me! Shoo!"
Louise: "Can I get your autograph first?"
Jasmine: "Fine! But then leave."


Michelle: "The toilets are clear...and clean. Can't speak for the male toilets though."


Michelle: "Maybe I'll head outside...what the. Is Jasmine just slacking down by the pavillion?"

***

Lars: "It is very hot."
Lisette: "Indeed. So, tell me more about North Korean culture as we look for the bomb."
Lars: "It is very different. Women would not look like you at all. And jeans are forbidden."
Lisette: "FORBIDDEN? That's a sin!"
Lars: "Let us head inside."
Lisette: "Oh yes. Of course."


Lisette: "Adrian. Now's not a good time though..Is it bad that my heart flutters for so many men? I hope the mic didn't pick that up. Better check the toilets."


Lars: "This is in the middle of washing. Not bomb."


Lars: "So noisy."

***


Jasmine: "We must check the spa."
Michelle: "Yes. That is very important. We must check all the massage parlours."


Jasmine: "I'm taking the sauna."
Michelle: "I'll take deep tissue!"

***


Matthew: "We're wasting time."
Catherine: "We can't go on an empty stomach. It's lunch time. Furthermore, you were the one who decided to make a detour to change."
Matthew: "Why didn't you stop me from going out in my jammies? So embarrassing."
Catherine: "I did!"

***



Lars: "I am very interested to see what school looks like in Zimmaport. I have never needed to come here."


Lars: "It is afternoon. We must hurry. I will take that corner."


Lisette: "I miss school. I used to play hopscotch here with my friends after school every day."

***


Michelle: "The town centre is clean. Surprisingly."


Randall: "Very well. Then I'll go to the visitor's island then."
Michelle: "Want us to go there?"
Randall: "Yes please. It will take too long for me to travel by houseboat."



Elaine: "Hello, Randall? It's Elaine. We just checked City Hall. There is no sign of a bomb. We will report to you again when we visit the diner."


Catherine: "The front desk is empty."
Matthew: "Maybe we should go. I think the staff would report something if there was a bomb."
Catherine: "I guess. We can't go up anyway."

***


Randall: "The trader's port is a prime place for hiding stuff. Maybe I should make a pit stop."


Michelle: "Little Delights Souvenir Shop. One of the places that earns the most tourist revenue."
Jasmine: "You did your homework."
Michelle: "Of course! Impressed?"
Jasmine: "Scantly."


Michelle: "Oh, I remember you. You're Tabitha's father Alex Banker, right? I see you've got a job."
Alex: "They hired me out of sheer desperation. The previous lady quit her job when she moved houses. What do you want to buy?"
Michelle: "A bomb."
Alex: "Did I hear you right?"


Jasmine: "Hmm..."


Jasmine: "So gauche. Wouldn't fit in my house at all."
***


Matthew: "Are you sure we have to come here. What are the odds of bombing an island?"
Catherine: "This island holds the research centre. It's a strategic location. you can go check the main building. I'll check this place out."


Catherine: "Is that...Mandy! What are you doing here?"


Amanda: "Cat! It's so good to see you!"


Amanda: "I missed you so much. I decided to go take a tour in Wolfram Boulevard Research Centre to understand your job better. Enough about me. How are you? Holding up okay?"
Catherine: "Yes, I'm fine. You wouldn't believe it, but Lloyd's in the same show as me."
Amanda: "That cad who dumped you after the wedding invites were sent?"
Catherine: "Yes, him. But don't worry. I met someone who taught me a few tricks to deal with him."
Amanda: "I hope you finally walked out of your shadow."


Matthew: "My home...those ruins."


Matthew: "I'm back, Kate."



Matthew: "Lucy always thought the house was dreary. She didn't like living in isolation."


Matthew: "Neither did the children. I should have listened to my sister. I should have listened to my family. Now...I can't."


Matthew: "And dearest Kate, always supporting me no matter what I did. She had to bear my cockiness and idiosyncrasies. I used to think a big house and car would appease them. It represented my contributions. My success."


Matthew: "Kate, is that you?"


Matthew: "Oh, I misheard. Of course. I must be hallucinating."


Matthew: "I used to think I ruled the world, but nature gave me a hard lesson. Stripped me bare, razed by progress to the ground."


Matthew: "And there I was, oblivious to the flames and screams and cries. I was an idiot. I'm no great man. I'm a fool. I can hear them now. The pain!"


Matthew: "The fire...it died when I came out of the bathroom...I still remember sitting there, huddled in one corner of the house, shivering, trembling, sobbing. I was hoping the floor would give way, the stairs would break, so that I could join them. Cruel world! Why must I be the sole survivor."


Matthew: "I shouldn't have come here. My knees are weak...the fire...the fire....no, no! Spare them! Please! They're innocent! Please! I beg you! Just let them go. Take me!"

***


"Time is up! You have failed to locate the bomb. As such, 0/200 points have been earned, so you now have 170/510 points. I hope this won't be a trend. Thankfully, our own crew found the bomb and got rid of it. It was at Port Upotise, for those curious."
Randall: "Yeah riiiight."



Randall: "Time to head back home. Did that taxiboat just drive through the lighthouse and land?"
Arnold: "WATCH IT! Can't a man sail in peace?"


Catherine: "The ports! How did we not think of that?"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!