Friday 11 November 2022

54.15-Someone's getting racist




Previously on the Smole, the final six had to run a resort for a day. They received an average overall rating by the end of the day and earned 55/110 points for the pot which is now at 355/800 points. The contestants then had a chance to relax but for Desmond, he relaxed too much and as a result became the next executed contestant. How many Mole candidates are left? Who are they?


The contestants have chosen Claire to visit Seaside Art Gallery for the next mission. There she will have to make a painting based on instructions. However, the instructions are incomplete. The blanks will be filled in by the other four contestants. 


They will be given various common sayings with a word missing. They have to identify which is the correct word. That word will be relayed to Claire. However, there is a twist. The word will be in Spanish to the contestants (but Simlish to Claire). This mission lasts for one hour and contributes 100 points to the pot.


Agatha: "___ -eyed monster. A: Rojo. B: Azul. C: Verde. D: Amarillo."
Desdemona: "Those are colours. Red, blue, green and yellow respectively."


Beatrix: "Monsters usually have red or yellow eyes."
Agatha: "I'm leaning more towards red."
Arnold: "Yeah same. Desdemona, any thoughts?"
Desdemona: "That's the majority's wish. We pick A: Rojo."

*
*
*


Claire: "You will need three different shades of ___ by mixing blue and ___."


Radio: "Red."
Claire: "It looks like I will have to follow the instructions in order."


*
*
*



Agatha: "____ journalism. A: Marron. B: Amarillo. C: Blanco. D: Negro."
Arnold: "Ooh, someone's getting racist."
Desdemona: "It just means black in Spanish. Brown, yellow white and black. I never heard of this one before."
Beatrix: "Neither have I."


Arnold: "Me three. Agatha, any thoughts?"
Agatha: "I vaguely heard this before. I think it's brown journalism to indicate mudslinging. We pick A: Marron."

*
*
*


Radio: "Brown."
Claire: "That doesn't make sense. I can't get red by mixing blue and brown. Red is a primary colour."

*
*
*


Claire: "The remaining Mole candidate or candidates were definitely in the other group. I heard instructions that did not make sense but I had no choice to follow because I did not know what the correct instructions are."


*
*
*



Desdemona: "What are all these phrases? __ a loaf is better than none. A: Mitad which means half. B: Dos which means two, or maybe twice in this instance. C: Crudo which means raw. D: Consiguiendo which means getting. I think B and C are out."
Beatrix: "D sounds the most fluent."
Agatha: "I'm leaning towards C or D myself. D definitely is the most grammatical."
Arnold: "I have no idea so I'm just going along with you guys."
Beatrix: "So we are going with D: Consiguiendo."

*
*
*


Radio: "Getting."
Claire: "Make a round stroke like the top half of a getting circle? What is a getting circle?"

*
*
*


Beatrix: "Paint the town ___. A: Rojo. B: Negro. C: Morado. D: Gris."
Desdemona: "It's A."
Agatha: "But we already gave rojo as an answer. I don't think it will be repeated."
Desdemona: "Why not?"
Arnold: "I agree with Agatha. I have heard of paint the town red and black."


Agatha: "If red is out, that leaves black."
Arnold: "Means our answer is B: Negro."

*
*
*


Claire: "Make two big strokes from the tip of the brown line in the previous step: one southwest and one southeast. Use ___ for them. I have to wait for the answer."
Radio: "Black."
Claire: "Oh ok."

*
*
*


Agatha: "Get a leg ___. A: Arriba. B: Abajo. C: Izquierdo. D: Derecha."


Desdemona: "Up down left right."
Agatha: "Oh then it's up."
Beatrix: "How do we know Desdemona is giving the correct translations?"


Desdemona: "You saying I'm giving wrong translations? Why in the world would I do that?"
Beatrix: "To sabotage of course."
Arnold: "You think Desdemona is the Mole?"
Agatha: "We don't have much of a choice but to trust her. If things go awry we will know who the cause is."


Arnold: "Yeah that makes sense. So I guess we're going with A: Arriba right?"

*
*
*


Radio: "Up."
Claire: "Make thin white wavy strokes up. This is beginning to turn out to be a mess. Maybe I'm just not a good painter or understanding the instructions correctly."


*
*
*


Desdemona: "Compare an apple to an ____. A: Manzana which is apple. B: Naranja which is orange and the correct answer. C: Pera which is pear. D: Cereza which is cherry."
Agatha: "It's clearly orange as Desdemona said."
Arnold: "I concur."
Beatrix: "I do not like the idea of the entire mission being in her hands."


Arnold: "Nothing we can do about it but trust her."
Agatha: "Or do you know something we don't?"


Beatrix: "No. Naranja it is."

*
*
*


Radio: "Orange."
Claire: "So after this I have to switch to orange."


*
*
*



Arnold: "I'll read it out. Give the green ___.  A: Guisante B: Vamos C: Ligero D: Semaforo."
Desdemona: "It's C or D."
Beatrix: "Translate all of them."
Desdemona: "Fine. Pea, go, light and light."


Beatrix: "You said 'light' twice."
Desdemona: "I did. I'm not very sure why there are two versions of it. I think they have some nuances that I'm not aware of."


Beatrix: "I think it's B. Give the green go."
Agatha: "No, B is the meaning of the phrase. The answer should be 'give the green light'. Since we're unsure, are we all in agreement that we pick C?"
Desdemona: "That was what I was going to guess too! C it is."

*
*
*


Claire: "At the bottom left, start painting using a lightweight shade of red. Does that mean I should use less force?"

*
*
*


Beatrix: "Two __ feet. A: Arriba. B: Abajo. C: Izquierdo. D: Derecha."
Agatha: "Which was left?"
Desdemona: "Izquierdo. The third option."

*
*
*




Radio: "Left."
Claire: "Starting from the top left, paint with a lavender brush. Got it."

*
*
*


Desdemona: "___ day. A: Sol which is sun. B:Abogado which I have no idea what it means. C: Opuesto which I also have no idea what it means. D: Adios which means goodbye."
Arnold: "Oh no. If even our Spanish-speaking fellow can't translate, we're doomed."
Agatha: "It could be A meaning Sunday."


Beatrix: "Sunday is one word."
Agatha: "Goodbye day definitely doesn't make sense."
Desdemona: "Sorry guys. I'm not a native speaker so I don't know all the words."
Agatha: "You've been a great help so far. We should choose A: Sol."

*
*
*


Radio: "Sun."
Claire: "Repeat at the sun side? Was I supposed to draw a sun somewhere? Where should the sun be?"


*
*
*


Agatha: "It's our last phrase. A cigarette with no ___. A:Fumar. B: Nombre. C: Oler. D: Basura."
Desdemona: "I think it's fume, name, smell and something else which I don't know. It's up to you Arnold."
Arnold: "I never heard of this phrase in my life."


Beatrix: "Are you sure B is not number?"
Desdemona: "Yes. It's basic."
Agatha: "I think a cigarette with no smell makes the most sense. What do the rest of you think?"


Beatrix: "I have no opinion."
Arnold: "Same here."
Desdemona: "Would 'a cigarette with no fumes' make more sense? Maybe fumes refer to smoke."
Agatha: "It is a weird way of describing smoke."


Beatrix: "Let us listen to Agatha. She is the writer. C: Oler."

*
*
*


Radio: "Smell."
Claire: "I think that's the last step. I will keep that in mind while I complete the rest of the painting."


Claire: "It's so quiet and lonely here. I wish the other contestants were here too. I wish you were here too, Lucas. We could explore the sunny island together."


Claire: "I miss you Lucas. I miss you too much. You promised to be there for the rest of my life."


Claire: "Focus Claire. Focus on the painting. You have a job."


Claire: "Now for the last step which is to paint my...smell? Maybe a bottle of perfume?"


Claire: "I have no idea what this is."
"Claire, you have 5 minutes to find this painting. Here is a hint: it is near you."


Claire: "That looks nothing like it. This neither. There's no sun here."


Claire: "I don't even know what I'm supposed to be looking for. Is it a sort of scented windmill or jester hat?"


Claire: "Oh no. I can't find it."


"Time is up. Claire, what is the object you painted?"
Claire: "I don't know...I'll just guess this bench. It looks like it has the right colours."


"Unfortunately that is incorrect." 
Claire: "Oh."
"Please head back upstairs."


"Turn to your right."
Claire: "Oh. It was just next to me the whole time."


"The painting was a flower."


No points have been earned for this mission, keeping the pot at 355/900 points. How many Mole candidates are there still remaining? Who will be executed next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!