Tuesday 15 November 2022

54.16-It's a writer's thing



In the mission, Claire had to paint based on a set of incomplete instructions. The other contestants filled in common sayings with Spanish words which would then be the remaining part of Claire's instructions. Unfortunately, many things went wrong and Claire did not identify that she was painting a flower the whole time, thus earning 0/100 points for the pot which is still at 355/900 points. Who will be executed next? Will the group be able to close the gap soon?



Desdemona: "Girl, you paint something like this and then in the mission you paint a blob?"


Claire: "I only picked up painting here."
Desdemona: "And you can paint a beautiful dreamy mountain but not a flower."


Claire: "The problem was with the instructions. You guys gave bad instructions."


Desdemona: "I think we did pretty decently."
Claire: "My first instruction was to mix blue and brown to get red. Or to paint my smell."
Desdemona: "Oh."


Desdemona: "Maybe there are two Mole candidates left."
Claire: "What did you say?"
Desdemona: "Nothing."

*
*
*

Desdemona: "Something went wrong somewhere. If it's not with Claire and her painting then it's with us. And by us I mean Agatha. She is a writer. How can she get so many common sayings wrong?"


Beatrix: "I question Desdemona's translations. She was in full control of the mission because nobody challenged her when she gave translations. She may have also hidden the correct answers by just saying she didn't know what it meant."


*
*
*

Arnold: "How many Mole candidates do you think there are left?"
Agatha: "One."


Arnold: "But we're sucking big time. I find it hard to believe it's the result of only one Mole candidate."


Agatha: "You spent 130 points to get an exemption."
Arnold: "Hey you were the one to give the judgement."
Agatha: "You could have told us all upfront."
Arnold: "That wasn't the intent of the mission."


Arnold: "Wait, are you suspecting me?"
Agatha: "I'm just saying that not everything can be pinned on the Mole candidate."


Arnold: "We need to work together to get a bigger pot. I came here to get the biggest pot we've never seen before. That's not happening."
Agatha: "You may not even get it in the end."
Arnold: "And if I do? I'll be gutted I didn't try hard enough."


Arnold: "I shouldn't have listened to Augustine when he said to keep quiet about our suspects. We can't get anywhere by being selfish. The only way to beat all the Moles is to work together."


Agatha: "Are you going to tell me who you suspect?"
Arnold: "Yeah why not? I thought it was Everett and he's gone, so now I'm just following the money. And that led me to Desmond for keeping 130 points at bay but he's also gone. Your turn to share."


Agatha: "I never agreed."
Arnold: "We have to work together. Unless you're the Mole."


Agatha: "I'm not but I'm also not that gullible to tell you intel."

*
*
*


Agatha: "I had a good impression of Arnold at first until he did so many deplorable and depraved acts. He is not the least bit ashamed of it. I even had to see him naked once! The horror. I can't believe that there's someone who doesn't even hold himself to the basic level of etiquette and decorum expected of a Sim. I'm secretly hoping he gets executed soon so that I don't have to deal with him for longer."

*
*
*


Desdemona: "I realised there's so little I know about you and we're at the last stretch."
Beatrix: "You don't have to know anything about me."


Desdemona: "What if you're a Mole?"
Beatrix: "Even better. I don't have to know anything about you either and I like it that way."


Desdemona: "What if I'm secretly an assassin?"
Beatrix: "Ha. That's laughable. I'm untouchable. I've also done my assessment and none of you are threats."


Desdemona: "Except for you."
Beatrix: "Don't get on my bad side. Simple. We'll never meet after this is over so you won't have anything to worry about."


Desdemona: "It's happening all so quickly...do you think you'll win?"
Beatrix: "Naturally."
Desdemona: "I do too. We know there can only be one winner and Lady Luck has been shining on me."


Beatrix: "I rely on skill, not luck."


Desdemona: "Luck gives us that extra edge."
Beatrix: "You need it but I don't. I believe in myself, not the stars."

*
*
*


Agatha: "That's it. We have our Mole."
Claire: "Can we be completely certain?"
Agatha: "What are your concerns?"


Claire: "What if we got here by luck and are completely off-track? What if there are three Mole candidates still here?"
Agatha: "If that is the case then we have nothing to worry about because it means all three of them would be it and we can pick any one we want."


Claire: "That makes sense. But what if you're a Mole candidate? Or I am a Mole candidate?"
Agatha: "You're overthinking things."
Claire: "You're right. My husband often said that too."


Claire: "Can I ask you a personal question? Why did you choose to stay single?"
Agatha: "I don't see a need to marry. I'm happy with my current position."


Claire: "Doesn't it get lonely?"
Agatha: "Hardly. My mind keeps me busy all the time. My characters and creations, they can feel so alive that I can hear exactly their voices and see their mannerisms."


Claire: "That...doesn't sound healthy."
Agatha: "It's a writer's thing. The point is you don't have to be lonely just because you're alone. And you're not really alone. You have friends."


Claire: "Yes, but we hardly keep in contact any more ever since I got married. We're all busy with lives."
Agatha: "Then reconnect. Imagine a life with close friends."


Agatha: "If you miss your husband or have any feelings, you can always write it out. It helps with healing."
Claire: "Yeah I think I'll try that out. Thanks Agatha."
Agatha: "My pleasure."

*
*
*


Arnold: "Hey Beatrix."
Beatrix: "Why are you not wearing clothes?"


Arnold: "I was showering when I realised I don't have any clean clothes."


Beatrix: "I told you--"
Arnold: "I know. I'm not here for anything extra. Really."


Arnold: "I was just thinking if you still wanted info. Or even a coalition."
Beatrix: "No."
Arnold: "No strings attached."


Beatrix: "Still no. I am certain and no longer need you."
Arnold: "Ouch. Who do you suspect?"


Beatrix: "I don't see a reason to tell you."
Arnold: "Why is everyone like this? Why is everyone so secretive? If more than half of us suspect the same Mole that Mole will be executed. Won't that be good for us?"


Beatrix: "No it won't."
Arnold: "You're thinking that way because of execution. I'm thinking in terms of missions. One less Mole candidate is one less Sim sabotaging."


Beatrix: "I'm not here for the money."
Arnold: "But I am."
Beatrix: "That's not my problem."

*
*
*

It is time for the quiz. 10 questions about the actions and identity of the Mole candidates. The lowest scorer will be executed.


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: What is the colour of the Mole's pants?
A: Black
B: White
C: Blue
D: The Mole does not wear pants


Q3: Does the Mole have children?
A: Yes
B: No

Q4: What colour surfboard did the Mole surf at Hobart's Hideaway?
A: Pink
B: Orange
C: Blue
D: Green
E: Grey


Q5: Where was the Mole in Mission 8?
A: House
B: Art Gallery

Q6: Did the Mole ride a boat in Mission 8?
A: Yes
B: No


Q7: Which of the following did the Mole confirm in Mission 8?
A: ___-eyed monster
B: ___ journalism
C: Paint the town ___
D: Compare an apple to an ____
E: The Mole was painting

Q8: Which of the following did the Mole confirm in Mission 8?
A: Rojo
B: Marron
C: Negro
D: Naranja
E: The Mole was painting


Q9: In Mission 8, who sat beside the Mole?
A: Agatha Hathaway
B: Arnold Dacinda
C: Nobody

Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Agatha Hathaway
B: Arnold Dacinda
C: Claire Bennett
D: Beatrix Domma
E: Desdemona Villegas


*
*
*


"Contestants, it is time for another execution ceremony. Who will go home next? Will we have yet another all-female finale?"


"Arnold Dacinda."
Arnold: "God I hope not."















































































































































































































"Safe."
Arnold: "Woo!"


"Claire Bennett."
Claire: "I'm really scared."
















































































































































































































































"Safe."


"Desdemona Villegas."



















































































































































































































































"Desdemona Villegas, unfortunately you are the next to be executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Desdemona: "What? I zeroed in on the Mole a few quizzes ago. Unless I got lucky? Which means that I've actually been unlucky this whole time because I was misled. Damn it. I should have considered that possibility. At least I had the feeling of what it was like to be lucky or think I'm lucky. That's good enough for me I guess."


Agatha: "Desdemona was very interesting. My first impression of her was not the best because she had a weird style but she was very open to being herself."
Beatrix: "Desdemona believed too much in fate and luck. If she relied more on facts and skill, she would not have had to suffer this fate today."
Arnold: "Desdemona was a sassy woman who wasn't afraid to give it to you. It was fun to have her around."


"Desdemona, thank you for joining. We hope to see you soon."


It's bad luck to Desdemona as she was executed! Who will be the last one executed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!