Monday 2 February 2015

17.11-Why does nobody like me?



Last time on the Smole, the final 9 had to go tag murals at the risk of being caught by the police. In the end, Kiki was the only one still there and so she earned a hidden exemption which she shared with Viola.  Taylor earned the exemption for having the most murals at the end, and she shared the exemption with Kiki. 30/100 points were earned making the pot 645/1040 points. Lysander was executed after finding that his team scored the lowest in the quiz, to his ire. Who is next? Who is the Mole?

***



Jacintha: “We both are safe until the final 6!”
Viola: “I am appreciative of Kiki’s generosity. I may have left if not for her.”
Bernice: “Lucky you.”
Jacintha: “Prove to us that you are a true woman who does not need a man by not getting a free ride.”
Viola: “I would have preferred staying by my own means and not float.”
Bernice: “Hmph! I’ll go find someone else to talk to.”


Bernice: “Stupid kids. I can’t light the fire while they are in my way.”

***

Bernice: “Can we hug?”
Bernie: “No. You smell.”
Bernice: “But I really need it!”














Bernice: “How can they all do this to me? How can they all treat me like dirt?”


***

Tay: “Good morning Mrs. Thatch.”
Bernice: “You finally learnt how to greet me, but could you have knocked? Rude! Ugh, I’m going downstairs.”

***


Bernice: “Hmm…this is Jacintha’s journal…businesswomen have to play dirty sometimes to survive in this cut-throat world.”



Tay: “You’re quite pretty you know that?”
Mimi: “Thanks…you…you’re quite cute too.”













Mimi: “He’s a few years younger than me, but so what? He’s cute! And like Kiki would say, he’s hot! I could stare at him all day with her…it’s better than looking at Bernie. I hope Tay stays. We didn’t manage to get Lysander to strip, but oh well. It would have been embarrassing anyway.”



Jacintha: “Has anyone seen my journal?”
Bernie: “Nope.”
Kiki: “I’ll tell you if I see it.”

***


Kiki: “Oh…I think that’s Jacintha’s journal! Jacintha!”
Jacintha: “Oh, there it is! Thanks Kiki.”
“Everyone gather round!”


“Your next mission is Amazing Race. You will be in your original pairs, except for Jacintha and Viola, who will be paired up.”
Viola: “I’m okay with that.”
“Good, because you didn’t have a choice. The pair to reach the pit stop wins an exemption.  Anyone who makes it by midnight earns 20 points for the group. This is worth 80 points. Good luck. Here is your first clue: We learn how to swim here safely.”
Kiki: “The beach!”
Bernie: “That makes no sense.  That’s not safe. Wait, why are we discussing with each other?”
Taylor: “I know, it’s the swimming pool! Oops.”


They are correct.


“ROAD BLOCK: One of you must swim one lap in the pool to retrieve your next clue, then pass it to your partner.”
Kiki: “I’ll do it! I have a good figure to show all the boys in the world!”


Tay: “Who should do it?”
Taylor: “I should do it. I don’t want you to be too tired.”


Viola: “I think I’m a good swimmer.”
Jacintha: “So am I. I’ll do better.”
Viola: “No, I would.”


Jacintha: “Only one way to do this. The winner will do the road block.”


Kiki: “OMG! A hot lifeguard!”


Kiki is off.


Bernice: “Excuse me! I can’t swim like this!”
Bernie: “Maybe the nearest lane wasn’t the best.”


Kiki: “Got the clue!”
Mimi: “Quick! Pass it to me!”


Bernice: “I’ve never swum so fast in my life!”
Bernice: “We should not waste time talking. Time is money.”

Kiki: “Did you see the lifeguard? Totally hot!”
Mimi: “I know right! Right, we should get on with the clue. A fresh catch? Fishing?”
Kiki: “The beach! Must be!”
Mimi: “Let me change into my swimwear too!”
Kiki: “We aren’t sure yet. I’ll change out first. No way am I driving wearing this.”

Jacintha is on her way.


Taylor: “Tay, where do you think this is?”
Tay: “Hmm…I am reminded of a fishing hole.”
Silver: “There is one in the marshes. Elkhorn something.”
Taylor: “Thanks! Tay you are so smart! Love you!”


Bernice: “Okay I think this…”
Bernie: “I overheard the conversation over there. Elkhorn someplace. Let’s go.”
Jacintha: “I’ve got the clue. Here.”


Tay: “Viola!”
Viola: “This is how you survive in the wild. You let yourself go anywhere you want.”
Taylor: “Let’s just go, Tay.”
Viola: “So…where could this place be…the bistro?”




Off they go!

***


Kiki: “Don’t you dare kick me!”
Mimi: “What was that?”
Kiki: “Nothing.”
Mimi: “OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! A cute horse! Come back horsey! You must have scared it away!”
Kiki: “You swoon at the sight of anything cute. We should be doing the mission…”
Mimi: “And looking for cute hunks!”


Kiki: “Aha! Hi there hottie. My name’s Kiki. What’s yours?”
Marc: “Marc Brandt. You’re quite hot.”

***


Tay: “They’re over there already!”
“DETOUR: QUALITY OR QUANTITY. In quality, contestants must fish until they catch a fish weighing at least 0.5kg. In quantity, contestants must catch at least 10 fish.”


Tay: “Come on Tay!”

***


Jacintha: “You ordered a hot dog?”
Viola: “I like to use my hands. That’s how you survive.”
Jacintha: “I like exotic stuff.”
Viola: “We share similarities.”


Viola: “So…is this the right place?”
Jacintha: “Doesn’t feel like it. Maybe we should have asked the strong lifeguard.”
Viola: “WHAT? We will never ask for directions! Especially not from men!”
Jacintha: “I was just kidding. Relax.”

***


Tay: “I’m too hungry to fish. Sorry Taylor.”
Taylor: “It’s alright. We are going for quality anyway. One hand is enough.”


Bernie: “Chances are slim.”
Bernice: “Like…24%.”
Bernie: “Well! Look at that! 1 down, 9 more to go!”


Bernice: “I can’t believe we’ve been reduced to this state: from moneymakers to fishers.”
Bernie: “It’s all for the investment money. We have to bear with it, dear.”

***


Kiki: “So, are you single? Wait, don’t answer that. Either way I’m going to take it as no.”

***


 
Bernie: “Another one!”
Bernice: “How come you can catch the fish? It’s so unfair! Why does nobody like me?”


Bernice: “At last…”


Viola: “Jacintha! This is the place! They are here!”


Viola: “We go for quantities. We’re experts here.”


Jacintha: “I’ll fish in a less competed area. Oof! This is slippery!”


Tay: “What’s wrong? Tired?”
Taylor: “No, it’s just that the fish aren’t biting here.”
Tay: “Let’s go somewhere else. I’ll be here giving you moral support!”
Taylor: “Oh Tay, how thoughtful of you!”


Viola: “We really don’t need love or men”
Bernice: “Are you trying to wreck our relationship?”
Bernie: “Women do need men. It’s been scientifically proven. And you’re married too.”
Viola: “It was a forced marriage my parents arranged for me before they died.”


Viola: “Caught something! Disappointing, but at least it’s something.”
Jacintha: “We are running out of time. I say we switch to QUALITY.”


Bernice: “I’m hungry. I can’t fish anymore.”


 
Bernie: “Yes! Our last fish!”
“Go to the gym for your pit stop.”

***


Mimi: “Why are we here again?”
Kiki: “You remind me of Dory…I think we should get up though. It’s not here.”
Mimi: “Aww…”
Kiki: “I hate to leave too. But there are no more shirtless hunks wandering around.”

***

Bernice: “Can we get something to eat first? I’m starving!”
Bernie: “We shouldn’t take unnecessary risks. It’ll be all over soon.”
Bernice: “Precisely why we should eat! What if I die?”


Bernie: “Alright, we’ll have a drink. Cheers!”


Bernie: “Why not we go up the stairs?”
Bernice: “Fine.”


Bernie: “Not here.”
Bernice: “Try the other stairs.”

***


Viola: “Yes! A 0.5kg toad! Jacintha, let’s go!”

***


Bernie: “Nothing here too.”
Bernice: “There is a flight leading to the basement.”
Bernie: “There is also a door on the same floor. Let’s enter that one first.”


Bernice: “Hey! You are right!”
Bernie: “See? Women need men.”


“Congratulations! You are the first team to arrive! You earn an exemption each! 20 points are added!”

***


“Congratulations! You are the second team to arrive! You earn 20 points!”


Whoops. Forgot the curfew. It’s midnight anyway, so the rest are sent home, forfeiting the mission. 40/80 points are earned, or 685/1120. The quiz shall take place the next day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!