Monday 25 February 2019

43.01-Come and judge


Welcome to the 43rd season of the Smole! This season, 8 new contestants travel to Riverview and take part in challenges known as missions. Each mission can bring in some points for the pot, with each point being worth a thousand Simoleons. However, there is a Mole among them, whose job is to sabotage and stay undetected by the rest. The others must find out who the Mole is and they will be tested every few episodes with a quiz on the Mole's identity. The contestant with the lowest score each time will be eliminated, or executed. This will continue until the final three is reached.

This season, we will generally have two missions before each execution so as to give contestants more time to play as well as to observe the Mole more. Speaking of which, who is the Mole?


Is it Adrianna Willowinder, 39-year-old news reporter?


Is it Alethea Verity, 28-year-old lecturer?


Is it Xayden Hold, 40-year-old corporate drone?


Is it Sherman Courdoin, 59-year-old mad scientist?


Is it Bernadette Sheridan, 32-year-old model?


Is it Isabella Moneira, 24-year-old dancer?


Is it Cedric Quio, unemployed 26-year-old?


Or is it Alistair Raymond, 33-year-old freelance actor?

*
*
*


The first mission takes place on a field in Riverview. There are two tanks full of apples, each with an ex-contestant's first and last name. Contestants have 2 minutes to try and fish the apples out using only their mouths. Thereafter, they have one minute to try and form as many ex-contestants' names as possible.


Alistair: "I'm ready for this."
Sherman: "My suit will get wet."


Adrianna: "Oh my gosh, this is so exciting!"


"Begin!"


Contestants are really going for it.


Alistair: "Rrnghrgrn."


Alistair: "Pui!"


Alistair: "Damn. I missed. I'll pick it up later."


Xayden: "Glurg glurg glurg."


Sherman: "Nrrg nrrg nrrgh grrgh grrgrhn!"


Bernadette: "Nrgh!"


Bernadette: "Of course the first mission would attempt to ruin my image and make me as unglamorous as possible. Not that I really mind, but my agents may not be very pleased about this."


Xayden: "This first mission made me look like a pig especially with my size. I like growing apples but I didn't like the mission."


Isabella: "Almost got it..."


Alethea: "Oh no, I dropped it."


Alethea: "My name is Alethea Verity. I'm 28 this year and am a lecturer at Sims University. I haven't been gifted with height but I believe I'm smart enough to survive on the Smole. After all, I managed to study Business in university and succeeded in making a career transition to teaching."


Cedric: "This is pointless. I give up."


Sherman: "I think that is enough apples."


"Time is up. You now have one minute to list as many contestants as possible. Each correct name earns 1 point, up to a maximum of 200 points."


Isabella: "I think we did a great job apple bobbing."


Isabella: "My name is Isabella Moneira. I am 24 years old and am a pole dancer. Before you come and judge I want to let you know that I am not that kind of woman. I believe that dance is a form of art no matter what kind of dance it is. I want to show the world that pole dancing can be romantic, beautiful ballad art. I'm not going to be overly participative for the season so that I don't neglect my surroundings."


Sherman: "Give me the names."


Alistair: "We're going to have to sort through the apples. There are too many of them."


Adrianna: "I have a 'Michael' here."
Xayden: "There's 'Lindon' and 'Jerome'."
Isabella: "Also 'Mallory'."


Alethea: "There's got to be a faster way of sorting the names out."


Xayden: "There's 'Angel' too."


Bernadette: "Yes? Oh, I thought you were calling me."


Bernadette: "I am Bernadette Sheridan. You may recognise me as the face of fashion line Serene. If you follow fashion you would also know me as Angel, the model. I'm 32 years old right now and I used to be a nurse. However, I was discovered when I joined a televised singing competition one day and then I became a model. I like travelling so the Smole would definitely help me relax and get away from my job for a while. It would be fun to be a Mole but very stressful. Still, stirring the pot once in a while wouldn't hurt."


Alistair: "'Jonas'...Alison Jonas! Does anyone have 'Alison' anywhere?"


Xayden: "Not over here."
Alethea: "Sherman, how about you write all the names down? Then we'll sort it out."
Sherman: "Already doing that. But you have to help me match the names. We're losing time."


Alistair: "All these apples are making me hungry. I can't keep looking at them."


Alistair: "You only have a few complete names here."


Sherman: "I don't watch the Smole."
Alistair: "Then why are you even here?"
Sherman: "I'm here on a mission to convince the masses."


Alethea: "Ulysses Dez! He was on Season 22 or something."


Xayden: "Aha! Found the other half. Another name is Susan Angel."


Adrianna: "Patricia Winters! Leonard Windsor! Danielle Florian!"


Isabella: "I'm going to take a look at the other apples we have here."
Bernadette: "Good idea. I'll do that too."
Cedric: "Chaos."


Alistair: "Summers. I'm sure there's a Summers somewhere. So just write Keith Summers."
Sherman: "That's a disgusting name. Are you sure it's not Kieran Summers?"
Alistair: "No. It's Keith Summers and Kieran La Dana."


Alethea: "We should match the names we currently have on the board."


Sherman: "Any more names to suggest? Because I'm going to be matching the names on my own whim and fancy now."


"Time is up. Altogether you have 153 names correct. That's 153/200 points right in the pot! Not bad for a start."


Xayden: "I'm recording this in my journal."
Alethea: "Me too."


Adrianna: "Wow! We have a lot of names!"


Alistair: "We did fine but I think it could've been better."
Bernadette: "It could have gone far worse. Look on the bright side."


The group has a good start with 153/200 points in the pot. Will the goodwill continue until the end of the season?

*
*
*

NEXT EPISODE...


Adrianna: "Alethea, right? How about we work together?"


Alethea: "You mean as a coalition?"
Adrianna: "Yeah. What do you say?"

***


Sherman: "He actually listened...of course he did. Who wouldn't listen to me?"


Isabella: "There's nothing in this room."

***


Cedric: "I can't take this. Sherman, help! Which door?"

***


Alistair: "There is nothing here again. Something doesn't feel quite right."
Bernadette: "Oh, 5 points. Hmm..."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!