Wednesday 7 June 2023

56.03-I don't get good vibes


Previously on the Smole, 


Rhea: "I...I can't do this...any more...I quit."

~~~


Raymond: "Name a Finnish president? How would I know? I'm not from Finland."

~~~


Sarah: "I couldn't run fast enough or answer enough questions correctly."

~~~


Raymond: "Does anyone know which state Boston is in?"
Jesse: "Texas."
Sonya: "No it's Massachusetts."
Jesse: "Oh I thought he said Austin."

~~~


Gordon: "Which two contestants have hitchhiked across a country?"
Jesse: "That's me and Sonya!"

~~~


Olli: "I'm caught."

~~~


Gordon: "All of a sudden I was the only one left. All eyes were on me."

~~~


Jesse: "We had to relocate ever since our parents died in a tragic accident. Sonya wasn't going to let the 3 of us get separated by the foster care system."

~~~


Mason: "I'm a 40 year old man. What's your excuse? You're just a good-for-nothing punk."


Rhea: "Fuck you. I have cancer."

~~~


Sonya: "You're trying to sow discord."
Jenny: "I'm just warning you to be cautious. You don't know who you can trust around here."

~~~


"Contestants, welcome to your first execution ceremony. The Smole is a marathon, not a sprint, but if you don't gain enough of a lead you may become the Mole's first victim."

~~~


"Rhea Durkin. Unfortunately, you are the first to be executed. Please pack your bags and leave."

~~~


The contestants had to do trivia on a treadmill, to which 80/200 points were earned. Rhea was the first to quit the mission and later the first to be executed. Who is the Mole that cruelly executed her? Who will be the next victim?

*
*
*

Una: "I don't get good vibes from Gordon. He's such a flirt. I share a room with him and him only so I drew boundaries. He then came up with some weird reasoning on how he is in complete control of his urges. Something about transference to investing instead. I don't remember but he's weird."

*
*
*


"Good morning contestants. Today I need 7 Sims with a wide repertoire of songs and 2 who feel like doing crosswords."


Mason: "I work at a mall. I hear all kinds of music."
Sonya: "That's only one kind: mall music."


Olli: "I am not familiar with songs but I am less familiar with Simlish language."
Sarah: "It's easier if we just choose the two crossword puzzlers. I'm willing to be one."


Raymond: "I'm willing to be the other one if nobody else is willing to."
Jenny: "You're the trivia nerd. You have a lot of general knowledge which may be useful in the larger group. I think Mason should do it."
Mason: "Fine."

*
*
*


Today's mission is all about songs. The seven contestants have 30 minutes to sing as many songs as they can given prompts. However, they sing in a chain. If one of them sings an inapplicable song or repeats a song that was previously sung, the chain would break and reset. At the end, the longest chain will be counted. Every song in that chain would earn 1 point. They can earn up to 100 points in this mission. Each of them can hear the Sim immediately after them in the chain.


As for Sarah and Mason, they will be at Ainali Public Library. They will be solving crossword puzzles to get special songs that are worth 11 points each. This extra amount is only valid for one use per song.


They also each get player that plays what the other contestants are singing. To listen to one of them, they need to press the corresponding button:
1 - Sonya
2 - Raymond
3 - Una
4 - Jenny
5 - Olli
 6 - Jesse
7 - Gordon


However, this being a public library, they have to keep their volume down. This means that only one of them can play the player at any time. Unfortunately, the other contestant would be too far to hear the player.

*
*
*


=== 70s songs ===

Sonya: "I don't know."

Current chain: 0


=== Songs by Britney Spears===

Raymond: "I'm not that innocent~"

Current chain: 1


=== Sad songs ===

Una: "I need somebody to love, somebody to heal~"

Current chain: 2


=== 80s songs ===

Jenny: "A total eclipse of the heart~"

Current chain: 3


=== Songs by Asian artists ===

Olli: "I don't know."

Current chain: 0


=== Songs after 1992 ===

Jesse: "What's a new song that played on the radio just last week? As it was, as it was~ Something like that?"

Current chain: 1


=== Songs with the word "love" in the title ===

Gordon: "Love shack baby, a love shack baby!"

Current chain: 2

*
*
*


Mason: "Sarah, what's '10, for the decimal system'?"
Sarah: "Binary?"
Mason: "I'm looking for a 4-letter word."
Sarah: "I can't help you there, sorry."


Sarah: "We should discuss how we are going to play the music player."
Mason: "I can rotate from 1 to 7 every 5 minutes and then switch to the you for you to do the same."
Sarah: "Sounds like a plan...wait, 5x7 is 35 minutes. We only have 30."
Mason: "How about 1 minute? That will give 7 minutes each time. We can hear them completely 4 times."

*
*
*


=== Foreign songs ===

Olli: "Oi maamme, Suomi, synnyinmaa~"

Current chain: 5


=== Duets ===

Jesse: "In the shahallow, shahallow~"

Current chain: 6


=== 70s songs ===

Gordon: "70s songs? Is Bohemian Rhapsody a 70s song? Fuck it. Is this real life? Is this just fantasy?"

Current chain: 7

*
*
*


Mason: "A 6-letter word meaning adulterated...impure! I solved my first puzzle! Now let's see what the highlighted letters spell out...HELLO. That's the bonus song."


Sarah: "Is it one minute yet?"
Mason: "Shit. I forgot to switch."


Sarah: "I solved my first crossword puzzle too. Another extra song: IMAGINE."

*
*
*


Sonya: "Whenever an extra song is found, all of us received a second prompt on our screens for 30 seconds. We couldn't communicate back and forth so it was difficult trying to coordinate who would sing it, but we did find ways to get around it. I was pointing to Raymond to sing it."

*
*
*


Raymond: "I need to sing 'Hello'? Yes? I see you nodding."


=== Songs containing the word "dream" ===

Sonya: "I walked with you once upon a dream~"

Current chain; 8


=== HELLO ===

Raymond: "I'll take the Hello song. I hope nobody else is taking it. Hello, is it me you're looking for?"

Current chain: 9


=== IMAGINE ===

Una: "Imagine there's no heaven~"

Current chain: 10


Una: "Let's see what she sings."
Jenny: "I'll let someone else take the extra song."

=== Songs related to 'queen' ===

Jenny: "God save the queen~"

Current chain: 11



=== National anthems ===

Olli: "I just sang the Finnish anthem. What other anthems are there? Ah, God save the queen~"

Current chain: 0


Jenny: "No, he just sang my song."


Olli: "God save the queen~"
Sarah: "A-D-R-E-A-M...'Once upon a dream'! I know this song."

*
*
*


=== ONCE UPON A DREAM ===

Jesse: "This is one of Sonya's favourite songs! I'll sing this one. I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream~"

Current chain: 1


=== ONCE UPON A DREAM ===

Gordon: "I know you, I walked with you~"
Jesse: "Stop! Stop stop stop stop stop! Didn't he see me raising my hands?"

Current chain: 0

*
*
*


Gordon: "The mission is a blitzkreig. When we saw our screens turn on, we had to sing a song in 5 seconds. I was busy wracking my brains for the songs to notice the others. I'm not an avid song listener unless it's club music. I use that time for more productive things."

*
*
*



=== Songs by Adele ===

Mason: "Don't sing 'Hello' or 'Set Fire To The Rain'. Raymond just sang it."
Olli: "I don't know what other songs there are."

Current chain: 0

*
*
*


Sarah: "I solved another puzzle. Remember to switch rooms."
Mason: "Oh right. Anyway, something's wrong with my puzzle."
Jesse: "I said ooh, I'm blinded by the lights~"

*
*
*


Sarah: "How hard can crossword puzzles be? Mason and I are the same age. Crossword puzzles were a thing when we were young. I solved 4 and he only solved one?"

*
*
*


=== DANCE MONKEY ===

Gordon: "Dance with me, dance with me, dance with me, oh oh oh~"

Current chain: 0


Sonya: "I've never seen anybody do the things you do before~"

Current chain: 0


Raymond: "They say move for me, move for me, move for me, ay-ay~"

Current chain: 0


Raymond: "And when you're done, I'll make you do it all again~"
Sarah: "No! Raymond sang it too! I didn't even get a chance to warn him."
Mason: "Maybe we should consider switching to one room ahead to warn the others not to sing the song."
Sarah: "That sounds like a good idea. If only you had suggested that earlier."

*
*
*


=== Songs you would hear at a church ===

Jenny: "Amazing grace~"

Current chain: 2

*
*
*


Mason: "I solved another one. Switch off your player Sarah. I'll tell Una to take this one. It's the last song that they can earn money on."

*
*
*


=== STITCHES ===

Raymond: "You watch me bleed until I can't breathe~"

Current chain: 7


Mason: "Una, I need you to take this bonus song."
Una: "I hear you loud and clear."


Una: "I'll be needing stitches~"
Raymond: "Crap, Una sang it too."

Current chain: 0

*
*
*


Jesse: "There they are."
"Contestants, we got to spend a wonderful morning listening to unchained melodies and a cacophony of crows. How much has that paid off? Your longest chain was 11, but there were 3 songs worth 11 points in that chain, so you earn 41/100 points for this mission. We will be counting 'Once upon a dream' which was sung before it was found."
Raymond: "That's a nice surprise."


The mission brought the pot up to 121/300 points. Was the Mole to blame here? Who is the Mole?

Next episode...


 "Choose two among you to take part in your first bonus mission."


Sonya: "I'm slightly suspicious of Jenny so if things go wrong I know who's at fault." 


Jesse: "You're a natural! Are you sure you've never taken lessons?"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!