Monday 12 June 2023

56.04-Break up the pity party



In the previous episode, the contestants managed to chain together 11 consecutive songs, with 3 extra songs worth 11 points in the midst, thus leading to 41/200 points for the mission and 121/300 points for the pot. The pot is still less than half. Fortunately for them, they get a chance to fill it up. Will they make good use of the opportunity?

*
*
*


Raymond: "That mission could have gone much better. We got 41 points and 30 of them were thanks to Sarah and Mason. Sonya and Olli kept breaking the chain."

*
*
*


Sarah: "Mason was acting very weirdly. He completed the crossword puzzles too slowly and forgot about the music player several times. The rest kept singing overlapping songs because of poor coordination from his side."

*
*
*


"Good morning contestants. Yesterday you got a chance to test your musical knowledge and hear your singing. Today, two of you will need to make money off of it. Two of you will get to take part in a singing competition The Voice. These two have to get a total of 6 chair turns to earn 50 bonus points, all or nothing. Choose two among you to take part in your first bonus mission."


Jenny: "Raymond knew a lot of songs. I nominate him."
Una: "What's the point of even trying? We'll fail anyway. Just because he knows songs doesn't mean he can sing."
Olli: "We have to try. Who do you think can sing?"
Una: "Jenny could sing okay but I don't think it matters."


Sonya: "I heard you sing in the shower yesterday. I agree with Una."
Jenny: "If you insist."


Gordon: "How about me too?"
Jesse: "No offence but you weren't a great singer."
Sonya: "Are we going with Raymond?"
Raymond: "Una's right. I'm not a good singer. How about Sarah? She must sing to the children."
Sarah: "They're children. They don't expect professional singing. Has anyone here have singing lessons?"


Jesse: "Well I did try and learn online when I wanted to chase after a girl..."
Sonya: "Why haven't I heard this before?"
Jesse: "Because I decided not to pursue her in the end. We weren't in a stable position."
Sonya: "I'm sorry. If only I could provide you more security."
Jesse: "Don't be. It's not your fault."


Una: "I hate to break up this pity party but we need to pick another Sim."
Sonya: "My brother is the only one to have tried to learn how to sing. Let's pick him."
Jesse: "If everyone is fine with it I'll gladly take up the role."

*
*
*


Jenny and Jesse are taken away and have the rest of the day to practise a song to perform to the judges later in the evening. The other contestants get to join them as audience members in the evening.

*
*
*


Sonya: "I'm slightly suspicious of Jenny so if things go wrong I know who's at fault." 

*
*
*


Jesse: "You're a natural! Are you sure you've never taken lessons?"
Jenny: "Never. Are you sure you have? You sound a bit shaky."
Jesse: "It was years ago and I gave up quickly. Teach me how to sing."


Jenny: "Just follow my lead."

*
*
*


Jenny: "Jesse and I were very supportive of each other. None of us were professional singers but we tried to help each other the best we could."

*
*
*


Before long, it's showtime.


Our first judge is the soulful singer Jasmine Noon!


Our second judge is the "Siren of the Sims" Aislara Alvarez!


Our third judge is the eccentric Fjord Warbler!


Our fourth judge is the queen of pop herself Lola Belle! Will Jenny and Jesse be able to turn enough chairs?


Jenny: "I'm up."
Jesse: "All the best."


Raymond: "Go Jenny! You can do it!"
Sarah: "Shh, she's starting."




Jenny: "Foo shottso motso laday, foo shotto motso meelay~"


Jenny: "Foo shotto flat bo bleekay~"
Sarah: "None of them are turning."




Raymond: "Someone turned!"


Jenny: "Cooah fine-a-toe affray, hey~"


Lola: "Should I turn?"
Fjord: "Do it!"


Lola: "Okay."


Fjord: "You won't regret it."


Jenny: "Freeing myself, hey~"


Gordon: "She only got two turns."


Jasmine: "Why don't you introduce yourself?"


Jenny: "My name is Jenny Undertover. I'm 44 this year and am a funeral director."
Lola: "Explains the song choice."


Jasmine: "I didn't turn because I felt like it was lacking soul and emotion. It felt like a good karaoke session."
Aislara: "I thought the same. I think it was lacking something. especially in the chorus."


Mason: "I thought she was fantastic."
Fjord: "Silence from the audience. I turned because I thought she has a very interesting voice. She has potential. Her technical skills aren't polished but it's something she can work on."
Lola: "I hesitated but Freeing Myself is a hard song to sing and I think she got through it well."

*
*
*


Jenny: "I thought I did well. I'm pretty satisfied with myself overall."

*
*
*


Jenny: "Good luck."


To win the bonus points, Jesse, must be able to get all four judges to turn. Will he succeed?


Jesse: "Here goes nothing."



Fjord: "This is familiar."


Jesse: "Waba moum zi guab~"


Una: "They're not going to turn."
Sonya: "Yes they are. It's my brother."


Jesse: "Ive glendz zabguente bibuzent di bou blay booou, blay boou, yeah!"




Fjord: "My curiosity is killing me."


Jesse: "Waba moum zi guab, ehh~"


Una: "Called it."


Jesse: "I'm Jesse Maddox. I'm 21 years old this year and work at a warehouse assistant."


Lola: "You didn't actually sing that song, did you? Shame on you."


Fjord: "Yes, I am offended someone would disrespect the art like that? I thought, could it be? Could it be the original singer? So I turned around and no, it is a fraud!"


Fjord: "Get out of here!"

*
*
*


Jesse: "It was a reckless decision. I heard how Jenny sang so effortlessly and I guess I just felt inferior? Like whatever I did wasn't going to be enough, so the only way to succeed was to cheat. Unfortunately I got found out."

*
*
*


Only 3 chairs turned in total, half of what Jesse and Jenny needed to earn the bonus points, so the pot remains at 121/300 points. Can they do better in subsequent missions?

Next episode...



Sonya: "I'm disappointed in you."
Jesse: "I just wanted to win it for us."


Gordon: "I guess we're in a coalition now."
Raymond: "We are?"


Sarah: We'll see who gets further."


"Before we begin the execution ceremony, it would be advisable to choose your seats wisely."


Raymond: "Do you think I'm the Mole?"


Jenny: "We don't know how the young ones think. It's their world now."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!