Friday 23 June 2023

56.08-Smole speedrun

 Previously on the Smole,


Jesse: She's gone now and we can only move forward."

~~~


Sarah: "Maybe take it easy, Mason."
Mason: "An exemption is at stake here and Raymond can't get his act together."

~~~


Jenny: "Tell me more about your lives. Let's make the story about you."
Sonya: "I don't want to. It's too personal."
Jesse: "I actually think it's a good idea. We can show the world that we made it through tough times. Maybe this will inspire others like us."


Sonya: "No means no."

~~~


Gordon: " We're filming a music video. Want in? We just need you to shake your booty."
Anissa: "No."
Gordon: "You sure? I could give you 200 Simoleons."
Anissa: "...You can film me bartending but not my butt."

~~~


"Gordon and Olli, you get an exemption!"
Gordon: "Yeah! Hustle baby!"

~~~



Sonya: "Mom had cheated on us. Dad found out and killed her. He wanted to kill us too! I had to protect us, so I...I acted in self-defence."

~~~


Raymond: "I know you see yourself as a fighter. Well, I see myself as one too. This is how I fight."

~~~


Jenny: "I've become so numb in my job that I am physically incapable of feeling sorrow. It would be my greatest dream to be able to feel sad."

~~~


"Unfortunately, Sonya Maddox, you are the next to be executed. Please pack your bags and leave."




The contestants had to film 3 music videos which earned 104/150 points and an exemption for Olli and Gordon. While the pot rose to 225/400 points, tensions too surfaced and to the surprise of many, Sonya was executed next. Will Jesse be able to survive Sonya or will he follow after her? Or will it be Sarah or Jenny who will be executed next? Or are any of them the Mole?

*
*
*


Jesse: "I can't believe Sonya's gone. I know we had a big fight but she's still my sister and my rock. It's so hard to imagine life without her. Ever since Mom and Dad died, we three are all that we got. I'm still not sure if I can forgive Sonya for what she did yet, but at least I don't have to think about it for the time being."

*
*
*


Raymond: "It's snowing!"

*
*
*


Raymond: "Winter is my favourite season. I remember making snow angels with my daughter when she was just this little. Oh how they grow up so fast."

*
*
*


Olli: "It is funny to see everyone not used to Finnish winter. This is not even the worst of it. I cannot imagine how hot their winters must be."


*
*
*


"Good morning contestants. Each of you has joined the Smole for various reasons, but in order to stay on and unmask the Mole, you need to sharpen your Mole-hunting skills. Hence, today we're getting meta and going to give you a training session via a bonus mission. We're going for a Smole speedrun."


"Each of you has already been informed of your role that will last only for this bonus mission. You have to complete a series of mini-missions and mini-executions back-to-back. The mini-winner and mini-Mole can both get advantages depending on how well they perform in the mission. Now get changed because we're embarking on our first mission."

*
*
*


The Ainali Municipality is a cultural centre full of activities to do, especially indoor activities. The contestants will find their first mini-task here. 


Two pairs of contestants have to try and paint the same picture without looking at each other. Each pair that succeeds earns 3 bonus points.


Two contestants have to make an invention worth at least 10 Simoleons together to earn 4 bonus points.



Two contestants can also do street art. If they can make murals worth at least 5 Simoleons, they get 5 bonus points. This is worth the most but also carries the most risk. If they are caught or fined, they are eliminated from this task. 5 contestants can choose to split themselves up between the last two tasks.


Gordon will invent.


Jenny, Mason, Sarah and Raymond will paint.


Olli and Jesse will spray paint.

*
*
*


Olli: "We decided to send one more to spray paint instead of invent because it was worth more. Two of us can earn 10 points compared to two inventors who only earn 4. But the police here are psychic. I barely began when they caught me."

*
*
*



Kendall: "Pysähdy siihen!"


Kendall: "Et ole hakenut lupaa. Olet pidätettynä."
Olli: "Olen syytön."


Olli: "Kuinka kauan minut viedään pois?"
Kendall: "Kunnes olemme tyytyväisiä."


Jesse: "Good thing I ran in time. He should have warned me. At least they're going away now."


Jesse: "Now I can continue."


It seems that Jenny and Sarah have the same painting, but they need to have the same painting as the men behind them to earn points.


Olli: "There are two police cars...the other one is after Jesse!"


Fortunately, Jesse completed his mural before the second policeman got to him. Unfortunately, it's worth 0 Simoleons.


Meanwhile, Olli will sit in the police car until the others are done.


Gordon: "Fuck that sucks. I'm going to redo this."


Gordon: "I don't know what the hell I'm doing."


Mason: "We didn't get to discuss this beforehand. I hope Jenny has the same idea as me."


Gordon: "Fuck that hurts."


Sarah: "I'm glad I actually know how to paint."


Gordon: "I'm done."


Gordon has made a drinking llama worth 4 Simoleons which is unfortunately not enough to earn points.


The painters are done too. Jenny has painted a house.


So has Mason. 3 points have been earned.


Sarah: "I can't look."
Sarah has painted a house as well.


Raymond...he painted a house, just in a different style. We'll count it. Overall, 6/20 points have been earned. The contestants must now rank their fellow contestants in terms of suspicion, with the mini-Mole being at the top. The one who is furthest from the list will be eliminated.

*
*
*


Gordon: "How funny would it be if the mini-Mole was the actual Mole? That's what I based my suspicions on."

*
*
*


Gordon: I think Olli's the mini-Mole.


Jenny: Olli was caught. He's the mini-Mole.


Olli: I think Gordon is the mini-Mole.


Mason: That painting was weird. Raymond is the mini-Mole.


Jesse: Olli's the mini-Mole.


Sarah: Olli's the mini-Mole.


Raymond: I think Gordon is the mini-Mole.


"You have given your first rankings. The one who put the mini-Mole furthest and is thus eliminated is..."























"...Sarah."
Sarah: "Oh."


The next task is to name as many Billboard Top 100 hit singles as of 2022. Every 10 correct songs earns 1 bonus point, so they can earn 10 bonus points with this task. They get 100 turns in total.


Raymond: "I'm more familiar with old songs. I guess Hey Jude."
"That is not on the billboard."


Jesse: "Blinding Lights by The Weeknd."
"That is not on the billboard."
Jesse: "What? Impossible."


Olli: "I do not know my songs. I will guess God Save The Queen."
"That is not on the billboard."


Mason: "Levitating."
"That is on the billboard at #42."
Mason: "Of course it is. That song was playing in my mall for so long."


Gordon: "What's a popular song that was played a few missions ago? Freeing Myself?"
"That is not on the billboard."
Gordon: "Damn it."


Jenny: "Rolling In The Deep."
"That is not on the billboard."

*
*
*


Jesse: "As It Was."
"That is on the billboard, at #2."
Jesse: "Yes!"

*
*
*


Gordon: "Unholy."
"That is on the billboard, at #98."

*
*
*


Raymond: "Believer?"
"That is not on the billboard."

*
*
*


Olli: "Jingle Bell Rock."
"That is on the billboard, at #86."
Olli: "It is?"

*
*
*


Jenny: "ABCDEFU."
"That is on the billboard, at #17."

*
*
*


Mason: "Dynamite was very popular."
"That is not on the billboard."

*
*
*


"Altogether, you have identified 37 songs, so you earn 3/10 bonus points here. Now time to make your second ranking."

*
*
*


Jenny: Raymond is the mini-Mole. He should know his songs.


Raymond: I still think Gordon is the mini-Mole.


Olli: Gordon is the mini-Mole.


Jesse: Raymond is the mini-Mole.


Gordon: Olli is my mini-Mole.


Mason: Raymond is the mini-Mole. It's so obvious.



"There has been a tie and the one who submitted the list slower and is thus eliminated is..."

























"...Olli Kalle Laitinen."

*
*
*


The next task is to knit. They need to knit a stuffed octopus in 3 hours to earn 5 bonus points each.


Jesse: "Sonya knows how to knit. She would ace this."
Mason: "I heard Olli knows how to knit."


Raymond: "My grandma knits for me. I should have learned how to knit from her."


Jesse: "I should have learned how to knit from Sonya."


Gordon: "This is stupid and a huge waste of my time."


Jenny: "It's harder than I imagined."

*
*
*


Jenny: "My back got sore from sitting down so I had to take a quick break from knitting before getting back to it."

*
*
*


Hours later, we finally see some progress.


Jenny succeeded, as did Mason.



Gordon quit while Raymond and Jesse failed.

*
*
*


Raymond: Gordon is the mini-Mole. He was the only one to quit.


Jenny: Raymond is the mini-Mole.


Gordon: Jesse is the mini-Mole.


Jesse: Raymond is the mini-Mole.


Mason: Raymond is the mini-Mole.


"The results are in. The next to be eliminated is..."




























"...Gordon."
Gordon: "Whatever."

*
*
*


The next task is to order food from the cafe and eat it in 2 minutes to earn bonus points. Each food item is worth an unknown amount of bonus points.


Jesse: "I'd like a cheese danish."


Jenny: "A brownie please."


Mason: "I'll take a bagel."


Raymond: "You can't go wrong with a muffin."


The brownie was worth 3 points, the cookie was worth 4 points, the donut was worth 1 point, the bagel was worth -2 points, the muffin was worth 5 points, the key lime pie was worth -2 points, the cheese danish was worth 2 points and the slice of cake was worth 0 points. Only Jenny failed to finish her brownie on time, so 5/20 bonus points have been added to the pot.

*
*
*


Jesse: Jenny is not the mini-Mole.


Mason: Jesse is not the mini-Mole.


Jenny: Mason is not the mini-Mole.


Raymond: The mini-Mole is not Jesse.


"The final contestant to be eliminated is..."







































"...Jenny."

*
*
*


The final task is to play dominoes. There are no bonus points to be won here but the winner of this game will be the winner of the speedrun and can get an exemption if he puts the right mini-Mole down. Meanwhile, based on the mini-Mole's performance, he can get advance knowledge of some quiz questions that may appear in any of the upcoming quizzes. If the winner of this task is the mini-Mole, then he can get both.


Jesse: "We know you're the Mole, Raymond. So you don't need the exemption."
Raymond: "I'm not the Mole."


Jesse: "There's no need to lie pal. It's plain as day."
Raymond: "It's really not me. Surely you don't think it's me, Mason?"


Mason: "I only know that it's not me. So the best course of action is to give me the exemption then one of you will get the quiz questions, which are far more valuable."
Raymond: "How do you know that? Unless you're the mini-Mole!"


Jesse: "I know I'm not it either."
Raymond: "I'm not it too."
Jesse: "Then it looks like winner takes all."

*
*
*


Each of them are down to 1 tile left. Who will win?


Mason: "I've cleared my rack."
Jesse: "Fuck."


Raymond: "Good game."
"That concludes the final task of this mission. Now, I will individually ask you to tell me who you think the mini-Mole is while the others wait outside. This is especially important for Mason who must be correct to get the exemption."

*
*
*


"Contestants, after a day full of activities, we have our three finalists...of the speedrun anyway. To summarise, you have earned 24/75 bonus points, which will make the pot 249/400 points."


"Mason won the final task. However, he has to name the right mini-Mole to claim it, unless he himself is the mini-Mole. Will the mini-Mole please stand up?"





























































Raymond: "I'm the mini-Mole."
Mason: "Knew it."
"Mason correctly identified Raymond and thus gets the exemption. Raymond gets 3 upcoming quiz questions for his efforts to sabotage."


The pot has grown but no thanks to Raymond. Is he only the mini-Mole or does he have another double role?

Next episode...


Jenny: "Raymond is smarter than he looks."


Mason: "Don't knock into me."


Jesse: "I got a toad."


Mason: "We're the only sensible ones here."


Jesse: "How does this not kill you?"


Olli: "Vittu."


Jenny: "Aah!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!