Thursday 21 September 2023

57.16-Mathematically yes but medievally no



In the latest mission of the Smole, Finn and Anita regulated the flow of the play Ximena, John and Aldrin watched. They had to then answer 5 questions on the play which they succeeded in, earning 75/75 points for the pot to make it 393/800 points. Was the Mole in another group or slacking off? Who is the Mole?

*
*
*


Finn: "I'm really confused right now. The Mole could be anyone. I feel really bad for doubting Russell. He was a true dude and I misinterpreted his intentions. Now he's gone and there's nobody left to help me figure it out. I wonder if Anita might be willing to help. We did grow closer over our singing lessons."

*
*
*


Finn: "Vagina! Shakira! Estenbaloppugh!"
Aldrin: "What the?"


Finn: "Grilled cheese!"
Aldrin: "Finn, is everything alright?"
Finn: "Yeah I'm just pooping! Give me a sec, I'm almost done!"


Aldrin: "Who were you talking to?"
Finn: "Nobody."
Aldrin: "But I heard you shouting."
Finn: "Oh, I shout when I need to squeeze out a turd. Some Sims grunt; I shout random words."
Aldrin: "That's something new to me."


Finn: "Did you need to use the toilet? You might wanna wait a while."
Aldrin: "No I'm good. I just overheard noise and got curious."


Finn: "How was the play? Was it good?"
Aldrin: "Yeah, it was pretty cool. The whole set was great and so were the costumes and acting."


Finn: "Damn. Wish I was there."
Aldrin: "I thought you don't like these things."
Finn: "Not at first, but Anita convinced me. It turns out that musical instruments and singing aren't girly at all. In fact, they can be quite fun. I'm not ashamed to say I enjoy it."


Finn: "Anita's a really cool woman. Did you know she's a vampire?"
Aldrin: "She's what?"
Finn: "Oh, you didn't know?"
Aldrin: "No I didn't. That explains a few things."


Finn: "You don't seem pleased."
Aldrin: "Of course not. I've been living with her for so long and I never realised this. What if she secretly bites us every night? I always thought those were mosquito bites."
Finn: "I don't think Anita enters our room at night. Besides, we're usually up late too and asleep when she's asleep."
Aldrin: "Or so we think."


Finn: "Hey Buzzo, that's not cool. I learned to accept singing. You should learn to accept Anita."
Aldrin: "I don't hate her or anything. I'm just feeling shocked and betrayed right now. Who else knows?"
Finn: "She bit John so he probably does."
Aldrin: "She bit John?!"

*
*
*


Aldrin: "Am I the only one who didn't know Anita's a vampire? Not to be racist or anything but I'm not totally comfortable with the idea of living with a vampire, especially since she wasn't upfront about it and bit John and caused him to faint. She kissed me during the party. Was she trying to suck my blood? Would I have become her victim?"

*
*
*


John: "Ximena, let's have a chat."
Ximena: "About what?"
John: "About you."


Ximena: "Me? I'm not interesting enough."
John: "Sure you are. You're a diving instructor. That's a very interesting occupation. Why did you choose that?"
Ximena: "Mainly because I can be uncontactable for long periods of time. You can't bring phones underwater."
John: "You don't want to be contactable?"


Ximena: "Sorry, I don't really like talking about myself. Can we talk about you instead?"
John: "Certainly. I wrote a piece on the addiction to technology. This season gives us a chance to detox and focus on building true relationships. But you don't seem like you need the detox."


Ximena: "I got a phone much later than my peers so I was never really attached to it. I just see it as a communication device for urgent matters."
John: "An insightful take."


John: "Is there anything else you want to know about me?"
Ximena: "Not particularly but I'll let you know if something comes to mind."

*
*
*


Anita: "I'm famished. I must have been out in the sun too long. Do I really have to depend on John for sustenance? But I nearly caused his death once."


Anita: "Wait, what's that behind the bedhead?"


Anita: "Plasma juice?"


John: "...You went through my things?"
Anita: "You hid my stock from me?"


Anita: "Why would you do that? I could die!"
John: "I'm doing you a favour here. You seem to be suffering with your new lease of life."


John: "Who says living is always the better option anyway? Who has the right to decide that you shouldn't have stayed dead? Who has the right to rebirth you only to make you suffer?"


Anita: "That is a load of horseshit! What good does hiding it do? I was forced to feed on you. You nearly died because of that."
John: "You clearly don't know yourself. Did you really think I'm that frail?"


Anita: "You lied to me. You used me! You are a despicable man! I hope you get hit by a car!"


John: "Anita, my dear, your words don't have the effect you think they do on me. Because frankly, I don't give a damn."


Anita: "I'll tell everyone about you."
John: "Will they believe you? Finn saw me passed out. His eyes didn't play tricks on him. Buzz knew you were hungry and desperate to do anything for a meal. Ximena already became more distant once she heard what had happened. Do you honestly, truly think that any of them would believe you over me?"


Anita: "You are a psychopath! You wanted me dead!"
John: "The DSM lists hundreds of mental disorders and psychopathy isn't one of them, so no, I'm not."


John: "Honestly Anita, you disappoint me. I saved you. Lawrence was beginning to suspect things. You know how he is. He would have been the one to kill you if I didn't step in. I don't actually want you dead. What good would that be? I don't get blood onto my hands."


Anita: "If you wanted info you could have proposed a coalition instead of setting up this elaborate ruse."
John: "Where is the fun in that?"


Anita: "I made the right decision in not telling you who Buzz actually suspected."


John: "I underestimated your desperation. Now it's getting interesting. Who does he really suspect?"


Anita: "I'm not telling you. Over my dead body."
John: "You don't mean that."


Anita: "I-I died once. I'm not scared of death."


John: "Anita, your eyes betray you. Everything you have done up to this point betrays you."


Anita: "Aah!"
John: "Ah, that felt good. That's for lying to me. I didn't even need a wooden stake."


John: "You've proven my point."


John: "You know what? It doesn't really matter to me at this point whether or not you tell me. I had my fun."


Anita: "I'm taking my things - including my plasma juice - and changing rooms. I don't want to sleep with someone who could kill me."
John: "Oh the irony."

*
*
*


Finn: "Did you know that dragons are cooler than I thought they were? It turns out you can train them, even just by interacting with them. I finally got my dragon to light a torch. I feel like a proud dad."

*
*
*


Finn: "Good boy! Wait, you're a boy, right?"


Aldrin: "Anita, I need to ask you something."


Aldrin: "Are you really a vampire?"
Anita: "I should have seen this coming. I couldn't hide this forever."


Aldrin: "You really are? I can't believe you lied to all of us."
Anita: "I didn't mean to."


Aldrin: "At the party, were you trying to suck my blood?"
Anita: "S-sort of...I was starving. My blood supply vanished and I had to read your mind in order to get blood from-"


Aldrin: "You read my mind?! That's an invasion of privacy!"
Anita: "I only did it twice!"
Aldrin: "You did it twice?!"


Aldrin: "What did you find out?"
Anita: "Who you suspected."
Aldrin: "This is ridiculous. Every one of us here is playing fair and you use your vampire powers to cheat. What's the point of us even trying and working so hard if you can just read everyone's mind?"


Anita: "I only read yours."
Aldrin: "That's worse! Why are you targetting me?"


Anita: "John--"
Aldrin: "I don't want to hear it. I'm disappointed in you."

*
*
*


Aldrin: "Integrity is important to me. I believe in having an even playing field. It is extremely unfair for anyone to use underhanded means to gain the upper hand. Sorry, this touches a raw nerve of mine. I worked hard to even be an astronomer while some of my colleagues cheated or schmoozed their way to the job, so I absolutely do not tolerate this kind of behaviour."

*
*
*


Anita: "Ximena, whatever John told you is a lie. Don't believe him."
Ximena: "What did he tell me?"


Anita: "It doesn't matter. Everything he told you is a lie. He's not to be trusted."
Ximena: "He has a very strong reputation in his professional life. I find that hard to believe."
Anita: "I know but he's been manipulating us this whole time. Do you really think I would hurt you?"


Ximena: "No, of course not. I trust you. You have never done anything to me this whole time despite being a vampire."
Anita: "Then why do you seem to stay away from me?"


Ximena: "I'm not. I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that I'm scared of you or don't want to be associated with you."


Anita: "Thank you Ximena. It means so much that you trust me."
Ximena: "Maybe there's some kind of misunderstanding."


Anita: "May I bunk with you tonight?"
Ximena: "Oh...sure..."


*
*
*

It is time for the quiz. 10 questions about the actions and identity of the Mole. The lowest scorer will be executed.


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: Does the Mole have a tattoo?
A: Yes
B: No

Q3: What colour are the Mole's shoes?
A: Red
B: Orange
C: Brown
D: Grey
E: Black

Q4: How many other contestants does the Mole currently share a room with?
A: 1
B: 2

Q5: What did the Mole eat before Mission 8?
A: Pancakes
B: Waffles

Q6: In Mission 6, what did the Mole watch?
A: Play
B: Violin recital

Q7: In Mission 6, in which order did the Mole watch the play?
A: 1st
B: 2nd
C: 3rd
D: The Mole did not watch the play

Q8: In Mission 6, which of the following suggestions did the Mole give?
A: Uphill
B: Canon
C: The Mole did not listen to music

Q9: In Mission 6, how many questions pertained to a segment the Mole watched?
A: 0
B: 2
C: 3

Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Aldrin Buzzo
B: Ximena Xavier
C: Finn Macroni
D: John Ronson
E: Anita Salami



John: "The intermissions came fairly consistently except for the end. I had to watch the most of it and thus remember the most of it."


Finn: "Anita suggested Smooth Criminal after I said Billie Jean which was wrong. That's kinda sus."


Aldrin: "Ximena tried to claim that 10 and 4 meant 14. Mathematically yes but medievally no. 10 and 4 do not mean 14 in this context and we would have gotten it wrong if we had listened to her."



Q11: During the first night, who slept closest to the Mole?
A: John Ronson
B: Lawrence Lasseter
C: Russell Terrier
D: Theia Omena

Q12: Before Mission 8, who sat opposite the Mole during breakfast?
A: Aldrin Buzzo
B: Ximena Xavier
C: Anita Salami
D: Finn Macroni
E: Nobody

Q13: How many segments of the play did the Mole watch in Mission 8?
A: 0
B: 1
C: 2

Q14: Which song did the Mole suggest in Mission 8?
A: Running Up That Hill
B: Billie Jean
C: None of the above

Q15: In Mission 8, who answered a question pertaining to a segment the Mole watched?
A: Zain Hayadar
B: Micah Paterson
C: Adrian Black
D: None of the above


*
*
*


"It's a thunderstorm outside. Maybe a thunderstorm inside too, in all of your hearts - except for the Mole's. Have you found the Mole? If not, you may be the next one to be executed."


"Aldrin Buzzo."
Aldrin: "I'm this close. It better not be me."


































































































































































































Aldrin: "Yes!"


"John Ronson."





















































































































































































































































John: "Looks like I'm not going home tonight."


"Finn Macroni."
Finn: "Crap."




















































































































































































































Finn: "I'm...not...executed? Nice!"


"It looks like another woman will be executed tonight. Ximena Xavier, Anita Salami, your lights will change at the same time."

















































































































































































































































































Ximena: "Oh Anita..."
"Unfortunately, Anita Salami, you have been executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Ximena: "I'm so sorry you have to leave, especially at this time when you're feeling down."
Anita: "I expected this. I think this is the best outcome for me."

*
*
*


Anita: "I cheated by reading minds so this is my comeuppance. I don't have to deal with John any more too. I was still unsure between two suspects and that may have been my failure. I'm proud of where I got to, especially since I struggled so much in the early days when I was always below average. I have no regrets...actually, I have a couple, but I'm not sad to leave at all."


"Thank you for joining, Anita. We hope to see you again."


Anita the vampire has been executed! Only two more executions stand in the way. Who will make it to the end? Who is the Mole?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!