Wednesday 15 February 2017

28.17-Threw me to the wolves


We have a new Facebook page! Find us ("The Smole"( on Facebook for the latest updates, discussions and more!

Twelve hopeful contestants joined the Smole in search of fame, glory and money. One by one they were picked off with the help of the Mole's Accomplice. Now only three remain: Beth, Lynette and Rico. With the pot at 624/900, can they hope to make a final push for the pot? Who will win? Who is the Mole?

***


As the finale approaches, some party...


Lynette: "Hold your breath."


Lynette: "Here goes nothing."


...some clean...


...and some tan...


...but not before getting some studying done. 
Rico: "Multitasking at its finest."

***


Rico: "****."


Rico: "Sorry, I didn't mean to barge in."


Beth: "Relax. No need to be so shy about it. Bet you never seen something like this before. If you want to see me naked just tell me. Hee hee!"

***


"Congratulations on making it to the finale. Your final mission will commence shortly. You will be returning to Twinbrook Industrial Train Centre."
Beth: "Hey! I like how we're among the first to have stepped foot in the first mission."
"There you will meet eight Twinbrook residents. Chat with them for a little while. They might provide something useful. After that, go to the bar and answer four questions. For every question right, 25 points are added. There are three of you so this is worth 300 points in total. Good luck."
Rico: "Exciting."




***


Marshall: "Still not getting through."
Rico: "Excuse me. You're being very rude."


Marshall: "I need to call 'Curio' on my Nokia. I know the number consists of 5 digits. Can you tell me what they are, in order?"
Rico: "What the hell?"

Rico: "So the first guy I talk to wants me to figure out his phone number. They all talk like robotic NPCs. At first I was like 'what the hell', then I thought about how he mentioned he had a Nokia. There was a numberpad, like old phones do. Then I figured out that I needed to give him the numbers that corresponded. For example, you press 2 for A, B and C. C is the first letter I need so the first digit is 2. And so on so forth."


Marshall: "I'll lend you my Nokia."
Rico: "28746."

Marshall: "I'll try that."


Rico: "Did it work? Stop ignoring me!"


Marshall: "Ah, it's gotten through. Thanks. Now go away. I can't have you listening to my call. Everyone's hiding secrets. And this one will CHANGE your life."

***


Beth: "Hey there, handsome. I'm Beth. What's your name?"
DeAndre: "DeAndre."


DeAndre: "The movie is starting soon. I wish this was Wilsonoff Community Theatre. I know there are vending machines at the back of each room. How many vending machines are there again?"


Beth: "I don't know. 1?"


DeAndre: "I wish I can stand under the spotlight with you. Maybe we can meet later."
Beth: "Hmm...if you say so."


Beth: "Cryptic."

***


Lynette: "Hi, I'm Lynette."
Gwayne: "Gwayne Bayless."


Gwayne: "Who was the Mole's Accomplice in Mission 6?"
Lynette: "I studied for this. Rico was the accomplice."


Gwayne: "Why do you think he was in charge of predictions?"


Gwayne: "Hmm? Thank you."


Lynette: "Two of them talked about Rico. Gwayne Bayless asked me why Rico was in charge of predictions. I thought that it was because he's the Mole's Accomplice but I think I got her drift. And then DeAndre Wolfe seemed to imply that Rico was unaware of upcoming missions and thus is not the Mole. This has given me food for thought."

***


Lynette: "Why can't I remember what he wore? I think...a shirt."
DeAndre: "And you still wish to share the spotlight with me? None of you get to be under the spotlight. Now go fetch me a snack."
Lynette: "But I don't see any snack machines."

***


DeAndre: "The movie is starting soon. I wish this was Wilsonoff Community Theatre. I know there are vending machines at the back of each room. How many vending machines are there again?"


Rico: "This is stupid. I don't know...3?"


DeAndre: "Right. Actually, nobody is right."
Rico: "Wow. Lucky guess."


DeAndre: "I'm in a movie that will premiere in cinemas near you soon. I hope the audience will respect me by wearing the proper attire when they go and view the movie. What were you wearing when you entered Wilsonoff Community Theatre?"


Rico: "How am I supposed to remember."
DeAndre: "No use getting mad at me."


Rico: "It was a singlet and shorts. I remember feeling cold."


DeAndre: "Must be chilly, isn't it?"
Rico: "Weren't you listening? Wait, are you saying I was being disrespectful when I wore a singlet? Why you..."

***


Lynette: "Lynette."
Sofia: "Sofia."


Sofia: "Which contestant once wore a similar dress? There is only one answer, not two."
Lynette: "This dress?"


Lynette: "I don't own that dress and Beth never wears red."
Sofia: "Hurry up. I don't have all day."


Lynette: "I don't know."
Sofia: "Ugh, no way."


Lynette: "Wait, I do know. It's not exactly the same but it is similar in a sense."


Lynette: "Kit wore a sleeveless summer dress in the movie. The skirt was slightly larger too, like this one."


Sofia: "I think I can wear it better. Visit me at 174 Savannah Lane to see me in the dress."
Lynette: "Got it. Thank you."

***


Beth: "I should go upstairs."


Beth: "Hi, I'm Beth."
Scout: "The name is Scout Sargeant. I'm trying to learn different languages but I'm having difficulty. What does pembaziran tou temps mean?"


Beth: "This was in that mission...wish I'd pay more attention. I don't know."
Scout: "Visit the library and come back."
Beth: "Can we do that? Oh, you're just patronising me. Witch."


Beth: "That lady reading a book asked me about a mission. It was easy I guess but I blanked out."

***


Gwayne: "Over here!"


Gwayne: "I'm Gwayne Bayless. What's your name?"
Rico: "Rico Jury-Laurence."


Gwayne: "Who was the Mole's Accomplice in Mission 6?"


Rico: "Which one is Mission 6? This is the last mission, Mission 10 right, so Mission 8 must have been that movie one. Mission 6...the one with mannequins. Lynette was the accomplice."


Gwayne: "In your final quiz, there will be an option to pick nobody. Because there is no more accomplice."


Rico: "Duh. Wasting my time."

***


Lynette: "Sorry to disturb. I'm Lynette."
Marshall: "Marshall. I just can't get through. I need to call 'Curio' on my Nokia. I know the number consists of 5 digits. Can you tell me what they are, in order?"


Marshall: "I'll lend you my Nokia."
Lynette: "I don't know. Wait, in the first mission, I had to text a number...66653, I think."


Marshall: "I'll give it a try."


Marshall: "It's not getting through. Nevermind, I'll try it myself."

***


Beth: "Hey, it's you. Buddy Bailey, right? I'm Beth."


Buddy: "Take a look at the photographs in front of you. Pick the mannequins I did not choose in Mission 4."


Beth: "Let's see here. I remember you walking past Kit, so that's one, ooh, and this one too. And this guy."


Beth: "Am I correct? I think their names were Kit, Darroll and Edmund."


Buddy: "Does the number of unselected mannequins match the number of times you have seen me?"
Beth: "What are you talking about? I've only seen you once!"



Beth: "Oh, I remember you! You were the hunter! I saw your eyes through the helmet. Looks like my sacrifice paid off."


Beth: "I saw you in the mannequin mission, the hunter mission and here. That's thrice. My answer is yes."
Buddy: "I shared a passionate kiss with one of those mannequins."
Beth: "Bud, it's me."

***

Rico: "How mysterious."


Rico: "I'm Rico, I don't care for your name, just start."


Dudley: "How many balls did Kit find in Mission 3?"


Rico: "I remember that one."


Rico: "Kelvin threw me to the wolves...the hunter, more specifically. To save Kit."


Rico: "And she only brought back one stinking ball."


Dudley: "Follow me."


Dudley: "Here are all the balls that have been recovered. Where did the last one go?"

Rico: "The Mole! She must have thrown one of the balls into the river while we weren't watching. Of course the hunter and Mole would be on the same side, so that's why the Mole didn't need to worry about being caught like the rest of us."

***


Lynette: "Hi there. My name is Lynette. What's yours?"


Zo: "I'm Zo."


Zo: "Who said that there can't be an accomplice without a Mole?"


Lynette: "This sounds familiar."


Lynette: "Beth."


Zo: "Hmm..."
Lynette: "Am I right?"


Zo: "Do you agree?"


Lynette: "No, since everyone here has been an accomplice at least once."


Zo: "I advise you to look at all the fake Moles and why they were so hotly chosen."
Lynette: "I see. Thank you."

Lynette: "Zo told me to reconsider all the fake Moles. I think she's referring to those already executed. I know Lisbon is one of them because I wrongly thought it was him for a while. These residents are very insightful."

***


Beth: "Oh, didn't see you here."


Beth: "I'm Beth. Who are you?"
Dudley: "Dudley Racket, at your service."


Dudley: "How many balls did Kit find in Mission 3?"


Beth: "I don't know. I can't remember and I think I was gone before she came back to me. I'll go with 2."
Dudley: "Very well."


Beth: "Wait, is that it?"


Dudley: "Wait! Can I have your number? You...er...look like a convict...because you stole my heart. Gosh, what am I saying?"
Beth: "Let me think...I don't like your face and you're fat, so no."

***


Rico: "I've seen you somewhere before."


Buddy: "Take a look at the photographs in front of you. Pick the mannequins I did not choose in Mission 4."


Rico: "This one. I know you didn't pick Kit. I think...this one too."


Buddy: "Does the number of unselected mannequins match the number of times you have seen me?"


Rico: "I saw you at that mannequin mission and I'm seeing you here now, so yes. I saw you twice."
Buddy: "I'm not surprised. You probably didn't see me enough."
Rico: "Huh? So I'm wrong? Damn."

***


Lynette: "Good day, there. My name is Lynette."
Scout: "Scout Sargeant."


Scout: "I'm trying to learn different languages but I'm having difficulty. What does pembaziran tou temps mean?"


Lynette: "Waste of time."
Scout: "Yes, sometimes our searches are futile and uesless."
Lynette: "That's not what I meant. I meant that my answer is 'waste of time'."
Scout: "I think it is handy to know a few languages in this world, though, like French, Chinese, Welsh, Malay and Greek."

***


Rico: "Hello."
Zo: "I'm Zo. Please take a seat."


Zo: "Who said that there can't be an accomplice without a Mole?"


Rico: "Enough with these silly questions. I'm getting sick of it. I don't know who said it. Kelvin, maybe. He tried to make me think he was the Mole."


Zo: "Do you agree?"
Rico: "I'm not dumb. Of course I don't. I feel insulted right now."


Zo: "I advise you to take a good look at your peers again."
Rico: "That's as good as not telling me anything. I must have gotten the answer wrong again, didn't I?"

***



Beth: "You look horrible."
Sofia: "The name is Sofia."


Sofia: "I would slap you right now but I'm being paid to say this so I'll just deal with you for now...bimbo."


Sofia: "Which contestant once wore a similar dress? There is only one answer, not two."
Beth: "I have never seen such a dress in my entire life. Pretty summery-looking."


Beth: "Maybe Lynn has a secret bright red dress that I'm not aware of."
Sofia: "Ugh, no way."
Beth: "I think so too."

***


Lynette: "I've spoken to everyone. Now is the time to answer the questions."


"Question 1: Who is the hunter?"
Lynette: "Nobody told me anything about this. Maybe I answered their questions wrongly somewhere. I remember Buddy saying that I didn't see him enough...I said that he did not pick 3 mannequins and I only saw him twice.  That means that I actually saw him thrice, and the only possible place is if he's the hunter. My educated guess would be that Buddy Bailey is the hunter."



"Question 2: Who said that everyone's hiding a secret?"
Lynette: "...Lisbon."


Lynette: "I don't know. It sounds like something Lisbon would say."


"Question 3: Eithriad means exemption in what language?"
Lynette: "...Scout gave me a list of languages she said would be useful. I think I have to pick one. What were they? Chinese, Greek...Welsh...I can't remember them all. I know it's not Greek and I don't think it's Chinese, so I'll go with Welsh."


"Question 4: Where is the Smole house located?"
Lynette: "I'm beginning to connect the dots. 174 Savannah Lane. Time to type that in."

***


Now our mixologist arrives. Let's just pretend he was only unlocked after everyone spoke to everyone else.


Beth: "Hey there. Where did you come from? I'm Beth."
Adam: "I am Adam."



Adam: "Have you spoken to all eight residents?"
Beth: "Yes. Your hat is ugly by the way."


Adam: "Anyway, Question 1: Who is the hunter?"
Beth: "Buddy Bailey."


Rico: "This is unfair. How can you ask me a question I don't know? Pass."


Adam: "Question 2: Who said that everyone's hiding a secret?"
Rico: "...Lisbon Merino."


Rico: "I was going to answer the guy who talked on the phone but I didn't know his name. And I think he was hinting me that Lisbon said that because of that clickbaity sentence he said afterwards. Something about changing lives."


Beth: "Marshall Curious. He told me that to my face. He was so rude."


Adam: "Question 3: Eithriad means exemption in what language?"
Rico: "French."


Beth: "Er...Egyptian?"


Adam: "...Question 4: Where is the Smole house located?"
Beth: "No clue. 123 Twinbrook Place."


Rico: "21 Rue De Sterling Street. I saw a sign. Sigh, I flunked this, didn't I? It's all your fault."


Beth: "I can't believe they didn't tell us the address we were at the whole time."

***


Lynette: "I get to see who the Mole is. This is exciting."


"Turn on the TV to see who the Mole is."


Rico: "Beth."


Lynette: "Nobody? I must've went wrong somewhere."


Beth: "Lynn. Sure it is."

***


"The final mission is over. One answered one question correctly, One answered one question correctly and one answered four questions correctly."
Lynette: "Really? I'm surprised."
"This means that you have earned 150/300 points for this mission, or 774/1200 points overall."
Beth: "We did well, guys and gals. Let's go back and get a good rest."

Pot: 774/1200
Beth: 0
Darroll: 0
Edmund: 0
Godfrey: 0
Junico: 82
Kelvin: 10
Kieran: 0
Kit: 0
Lisbon: 0
Lynette: 84
Rico: 100
Sue: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!