Saturday 18 February 2017

28.18-With a cherry on top


In the final mission this season, the finalists went back to the Industrial Train Centre to talk to eight Twinbrook residents, who would provide them useful cluese to answer the mixologist's questions. Beth and Rico answered 1/4 questions correctly while Lynette, by a stroke of luck, answered all questions correctly, hence adding 150/300 points to the pot and making it stand at a grand total of 774/1200 points. Now, who will win, who will lose and who is the Mole of Season 28?

***






This raccoon is eager for the finale to start.

***


Beth: "You're so sexy and fun. It would be such a shame if you were the Mole."


Beth: "Could you tell me if you're the Mole? Pretty please? With a cherry on top?"


Rico: "So you think I'm the Mole? How dare you. Why can't it be Lynette? She's deeper than she looks."


Beth: "Like, no way. I trust my Smole BFF. She won't lie to me."

***


Lynette: "That final mission has gotten me to think quite a bit. It seems to be telling me that Rico isn't the Mole. It was all so surreal and cryptic. Is Beth really the Mole? I should go flip through my journal again to try and remember everything."


Beth: "I look so beautiful. I'm the fairest of them all."


Beth: "I should start prepping for my victory speech."

***


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: How old is the Mole?
A: 22
B: 27
C: 31

Q3: Does the Mole have long or short hair?
A: Long
B: Short

Q4: Which car did the Mole use the most?
A: Purple
B: Green
C: Grey

Q5: What kind of bed does the Mole sleep in?
A: Single bed
B: King-sized bed
C: Bunk bed


Rico: "I'm feeling quite unsure of myself. I don't know who to pick. There is Beth Bette. She has hardly helped the pot. She's such a slacker, never willing to put in much effort in anything. She wanted to stay by the pot and got caught by the hunter, she went flirting instead of translating, she got into a catfight instead of finding her laundry...there's a whole list of things. She's more interested in partying and having fun. How can you not care about whether you win or not?

Okay, breathe. How about Lynette Pratchett, you say? She's a deep one. She's another one I didn't expect to see make it so far. She has been helping the pot a lot but it could be just an attempt to throw us all off. We all know Moles like to put on a kind facade. Yet both of them trust each other, supposedly. If they're both still here, that must mean I'm the Mole. But I'm not. Or am I? All I know is that I was thinking of Kelvin before I got here. I must be incredibly lucky."


Q6: In Mission 9, which car did the Mole take?
A: Grey
B: Purple
C: Green

Q7: In Mission 9, who did the Mole talk to first?
A: Marshall Curious
B: Gwyneth Bayless
C: DeAndre Wolfe

Q8: In Mission 9, how many questions did the Mole get right?
A: 1
B: 4

Q9: In Mission 9, which question did the Mole get right?
A: Who is the hunter?
B: Who said that everyone's hiding secrets?
C: All of the above

Q10: In Mission 9, how many answers did the Mole give completely correctly to the Twinbrook residents?
A: 4
B: 5


Lynette: "I've made it this far. Now is not the time to doubt myself. I am confident that the Mole is none other than Rico Jury-Laurence. By elimination, it can only be him. Fake Moles like Lisbon sabotaged just enough to make you feel confident of choosing him. Beth is similar. Hence it has to be Rico.

As for Beth Bette, the clues did point to her but I may be reading too much into it. She did contribute to the pot less than my Mole and she has 0 in her personal pot, maybe because she's going to get the rest of the pot as the Mole, but I refuse to think that way. If it's her, so be it."


Q11: In Mission 9, who did the Mole say wore the red dress beside Sofia Carlton?
A: Kit Chen
B: Lynette Pratchett

Q12: After Mission 9, from the camera's pesrpective, where was the Mole standing?
A: Left
B: Middle
C: Right

Q13: How many times has the Mole been the Mole's Accomplice?
A: 1
B: 2

Q14: How many points does the Mole have in the personal pot?
A: 0
B: 84
C: 100

Q15: Who is the Mole?
A: Beth Bette
B: Lynette Pratchett
C: Rico Jury-Laurence
D: Nobody


Beth: "Yay! Mommy, Daddy, I'm in the finale! I told you so! And I think that the Mole is not my on-screen BFF Lynette Pratchett. She's just too nice to be the Mole. Sure, she's an actress and can be faking it but to consistently fake throughout the game...that's tiring. And if it's her, why am I still here? Nonetheless, this game makes you suspect everyone and sometimes nobody.

I still think it's Rico Jury-Laurence. He drove his Pops out of the game. He has 100 points in his personal pot from sabotaging, the most out of all 12 of us. That shows he can sabotage. He hid my clothes in Mission 7. He only got 1 question right in Mission 8. He's always so defensive when accused of being the Mole like he has something to hide. I just hope I'll win. If it's Lynn, good for her too. She deserves it."

***


"Welcome to the Smole finale ceremony, Season 28. We are having our ex-contestants back for a reunion. Without further ado, let us welcome our last-in-place, Darroll Florizel!"


"So Darroll, how does it feel being the first to be executed?"


Darroll: "It's not a nice feeling, definitely. Maybe hate is a strong word but I would not want to go out first ever again." 


Darroll: "You miss out on so much. Not all of them are fun but it's an experience like no other. I prepared so much and rewatched all the previous seasons to get a better footing only for it to be in vain."


"If you were given a second chance, what would you change?"
Darroll: "Like Season 23?  Well, I'd certainly like to change my suspect, assuming everything else is the same."


Darroll: "I may or may not form a coalition with Edmund, depending on the situation. I can't blame him for my execution since he left shortly after, but one part of me thinks that everything would have been different if I didn't agree to be part of a coalition. Also, I'd observe as much as I can instead of focusing so much at the mission at hand. Money in the pot means nothing if you don't go home with it."


"Thank you Darroll. Please go through the other door."


"Edmund Joacquester has arrived!"


"Edmund, what was your favourite part of the Smole?"


Edmund: "You ain't gonna make me choose, man. Though my choices are very limited, hah! I think it's awesome that we executed players get to return and take part in a mission, like filming a movie. Whazzam! That was so much fun, even if we ain't actually in the game any more."


"Indeed. Who do you think the Mole is?"


Edmund: "Ooh, this is tough. I dunno, man."


Edmund: "It definitely ain't whoever I put down when I left. I already forgot who it was, hah!"
"One more question before our next contestants arrive. Is leaving second better than going home first?"


Edmund: "Not at all. It's the same, man. Just that while that unlucky soul who went out first gets to blame it on luck, people will look at you funny and think you're making a hell load of excuses for yourself if you say the same. That's what I feel, anyway."


"Thank you Edmund. Please proceed to the other room."


"Our double execution victims are here. Let's give it up for Godfrey Chellow and Kit Chen!"


"Godfrey first. How did you feel when Buddy Bailey chose you as still in the game during the mission involving mannequins?"


Godfrey: "It was great. It was a form of validation to me, that someone thinks I'm good enough to stay on, though I'm just pretty average."


Godfrey: "I think it helped that I looked so confident in this suit."


Kit: "I noticed it's branded. Is this suit really yours?"
Godfrey: "Well, yeah, it is. Don't go around telling everyone I'm rich though...I just have a few, yeah. Back to the question, I remember how Kit was completely ignored."


Kit: "Yes! I was like, hey, I'm over here! But we weren't allowed to speak. It didn't help that I was in a corner where it's not easy to see me. He went straight for Beth."
Godfrey: "It was pretty funny."


"How far did you think you would make it in this game?"
Godfrey: "Hmm...I was hoping for a decent placing but to be honest, not very far. I know quite a number thought that I was the Mole or a good-for-nothing. I wanted to prove myself so I worked extra hard. Probably was too late."
"Thank you. Kit, it's your turn."


"Kit, how do you feel about being the first woman to leave,  in a double execution no less?"
Kit: "I mean, woman or man, it doesn't matter. If I was a man I would probably still have left as 10th. It's just that because this season has far fewer women that we get focused on more."


Kit: "It hurts, of course. But I got over it. And the fact that it was a double execution softened the blow."
Godfrey: "I remember that you were in shock when your fate was announced."
Kit: "I really was, but I moved on. Stuff like that happens. When I further learned afterwards that I left in a tie, it kind of helped I guess?"
Godfrey: "Really? It stinged for me. I was thinking how if only I was faster, I would have continued on. But I don't know how much further I could go anyway."


"Now for something personal. Why did you change careers?"
Kit: "Oh. Simply put, my heyday was over. I enjoyed some fame for a while. Everyone remembers the risen, everyone cares about the rising, but everybody forgets the fallen. My parents weren't fond of me choosing such an unstable career path too."


Kit: "I always had an interest in cooking. When singing just didn't cut it any more, I switched over. And now I'm a chef! I hope everyone on the show enjoyed my food."
"Thank you both."


"Let us welcome Lisbon Merino!"


"Lisbon, what are your thoughts on having escaped the double execution, only to leave after that?"


Lisbon: "Well, like you said, I escaped the double execution, so it was a huge sigh of relief that I could stay on. But then, the next quiz, I died."


Lisbon: "I'm still proud of myself for pushing through to the final 8."


"What was it like to be so hotly chosen as the Mole?"
Lisbon: "I'm flattered. I guess I'm doing something right if others are choosing me."


Lisbon: "In all seriousness, though, I wasn't deliberately trying to pin suspicion onto myself. It just...happened. For example, I was the last to make it in time in the first mission and everyone thought I was the Mole because I barely made it. If I were the Mole, I wouldn't choose such a conspicuous time to enter. And then that other mission, where Buddy was confused by my blinking, I really don't know why he didn't get it. I wanted him to choose me. I guess my modelling experience has come back to bite me."


"How was public reaction to your execution back home?"
Lisbon: "Oh, they were pretty bummed out. So was I. A few days later, I saw all these blog posts and news about me. They were all like, 'Lisbon Merino is executed! What happened? Read more to find out'."


Lisbon: "Oh, let me tell you a funny story. My neighbour was surfing the Net one day when suddenly there was this popup that said 'Hot singles near you!' And then he told me that my face was there too. I mean, yeah, I'm a hot single, but this fame is really surprising. I've never received this much attention as a model."
"Thank you Lisbon. Unfortunately our time is up."


"A round of applause for Kieran La Dana!"


"Kieran, you were one of the most trusted contestants on the show. Thoughts?"
Kieran: "It's nice to know that everyone trusts me. Or almost everyone. I'm sure there are a few who thought I could be the Mole. But I didn't even get to be an accomplice once."


Kieran: "On the flipside, it put me at a disadvantage because at least if they picked me, I get an advantage. I wasn't very sure of who to choose then and I still am not sure."


"Our time is running short, so one last quick question. Who do you want to see win?"
Kieran: "Who do I want to see? I think Lynette is deserving of it. And I think and hope she wins."
"Thank you, Kieran. Please head to the other room."


"Here comes our sixth placer, Junico Laurence!"
Junico: "Do I say hi now?"


"Junico, you were onto Sue for the longest time. What do you think about that now that Sue is confirmed to not be the Mole?"
Junico: "Er...let me think...this tie is stuffy....so, er..."


"Time is tight, Junico."
Junico: "I don't know! Do not sress me. I still cannot see how she is not the Mole."


"How is your relationship with your son?"
Junico: "What?"
"How is your relationship with your son?"


Junico: "Er...I think he does not like me very well. He must still blame me for his Momma's death. She saw me with another woman and went HOOLALALALALALA crazy. I am very proud of him for being in the final three."


"Thank you Junico. Please use the other door."


"Let us now welcome Sue Una Law! Sue, what do you think was your biggest undoing on the Smole?"


Sue: "I don't regret anything I've done. If you're trying to lure me to say something controversial, I'd say save it, before you give me more reason to sue you."


"Do you think you did a good job as the Mole's Accomplice? After all, you failed to bring any money down with you."
Sue: "Yes. It's just that this group is good enough to counter most Mole actions. As you know, I wanted to be aggressive but not too obvious. Didn't work out so well. Speaking of which, I remember I need to sue Lynette for making me lose my potential money."


"Why do you like suing so much?"
Sue: "Why not? I'm a lawyer."
"What happened to your figure?"
Sue: "That's it. That's a personal attack. This interview is over. I'm suing you."
"Right...Sue, please head that way."


"Last but not least, let us put our hands together and pray for our last victim Kelvin Kitn!"
Kelvin: "I do not like the word 'victim'. Makes me sound vulnerable."


"Kelvin, what was your strategy going into the Smole?"


Kelvin: "I was gunning for the Mole the entire time, pretty much. Going for the small fry only works in the short run. If I want to win, I had to look out for the Mole. And that's what I did from the start."


"You became very distressed later in the game. Are you feeling better?"
Kelvin: "Oh, that. Yes, I've gotten it under control."


Kelvin: "I would say that I've never been better. Maybe it was the stress that caused my distress. I hope I don't get viewed as a bad guy. Honestly, I think that we need to reconsider why all the good things in this world are considered good and why all the bad things are considered bad."


"Who do you think will win?"
Kelvin: "None of them look deserving. Knowing the Smole, there will be a bunch of surprises."


Kelvin: "And Beth is full of surprises. If she wins, I can say that I called it."


"Thank you Kelvin. Please join the others."


The reveal and more will be coming up soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!