Monday 20 February 2017

28.19-A social experiment


Kelvin: "Argh! I thought I got it under control."
Darroll: "Are you alright?"


Edmund: "No, he's all left."
Kelvin: "That's not funny."
Darroll: "Nor does it make sense."


"Welcome back, everyone. Our finalists are getting ready."


"But first, it's time to show the sabotages of all our lovely Mole's Accomplices.

"In the first mission, our first accomplice of the season, Junico, leveraged on what he knew best to stall: flirting. He also made sure to waste time by getting detained for a while for 'indecent public exposure'. In the end, not only did he not make it, but he also used up one clue to take away points.

Junico: "She just took off her clothes in front of me. Is that the culture in Twinbrook?"

"In the second mission, our next Mole Beth decided to outright sabotage by mimicking Edmund. That way, if anything went wrong, she could play dumb and blame it on him. She even decided to erase all her work. Unfortunately, that backfired because the others didn't even think to look at her transcript.

Beth: "Did he just delete his entire work? Okie, time to do the same."
"In the next mission, Lynette decided to take out half the pot to gamble. Harsh, but not overly cruel. She knew where all the balls were at so she tried to collect as many as possible before letting herself get caught by the hunter, thereby sacrificing those points.

Hunter: "Got you!"
Lynette: "And I had three balls with me..."

"After that, by luck of the draw, Lynette was chosen to be the accomplice yet again. She colluded with Kieran to be as convincing a mannequin as they could be, hoping that Buddy wouldn't pick them and knowing full well that that was would give them points. She mainly hoped that Buddy would think that real players wouldn't want to perform such poses as they would get sore. However, the mission changed slightly. It didn't go so well but she still earned points from penalties.

Buddy: "Hmm...they did collude together to have the same gesture, so I think I'm right in choosing you as well."
"In the next mission, Sue essentially tried to stall, misdirect, misinform and hide relevant dictionaries. This was foiled thanks to the help of everyone else.
Sue: "I saw a lot of language books over on that shelf. Help me read them later, Lynette."
Lynette: "Okay. None of the words match."
Sue: "Don't be so hasty in flipping. You'll miss some stuff like that. Are you trying to sabotage? I can sue you for this."
Lynette: "What? No, no...I'm not."

"Next comes the prediction mission. As the accomplice, Rico gave his predictions based on what he thought would not give them points. It didn't work out too well, but Sue's instigation did help give him more points. He also made sure to swim himself so that he would be sure to lose some points from the pot.

Junico: "Slimy but fine. Just enter like men."
Rico: "Pops, wait! Ugh, now. Have to chase after him."
"After that, Kelvin finally got a chance to be the Mole's Accomplice. He tried to mislead others into picking wrong logical flaws but found himself grasping for straws. The only thing he could do was to take the exemption despite not needing it so that he would sacrifice some points by denying them one chance to pause.

Kelvin: "Stop. There's an exemption hiding there."

"Rico got another chance to sabotage in the penultimate mission. Since he was unwilling to lose his own clothes for points, he decided to lose the other contestants' clothes by hiding them in other washing machines and dryers where contestants had already looked without telling them. By finding his own clothes, he hoped to reduce suspicion on him.
Rico: "I was the accomplice again, but I wasn't going to throw away my clothes just for 20 points. I expected that there will be others who couldn't find theirs but it was a dangerous idea since the place was so small. So what I did was to take some of the others' laundry and put them into a different machine. Preferably one they already looked in. Here's hoping nobody caught me in the act."

"In the final mission, there was no accomplice. However, there were much suspicious activity. Beth, for instance, conveniently blanked out when talking to Scout Sargeant. Both Rico and Beth only answered one question correctly, often failing to make the link between different parts of the mission, with Rico even passing on one question."


"Our finalists are arriving soon. They are as clueless as you about many things, like who the Mole and winner are."


"And here they are! Let us give a warm round of applause for our final three!


Beth: "Hurry up, slowpoke."


Godfrey: "Did the chair just change?"
"No it didn't."
Darroll: "Yes it did."
"...It's a chair that morphs and extends. Let's just leave it at that."

***


"Let us start with you, Beth. How high do you think your chances of winning are?"


Beth: "I think it's quite high. I mean, why wouldn't it be? I'm in the final three."


Beth: "I already have my acceptance speech planned out and that is so unlike me. You know I like spontaneity, but I like don't want to embarrass myself by saying something stoopid."


"Lynn is a strong competitor and she's my BFF but I let her win that very first exemption. So I'm pretty sure I will win. Show them all."


"What was your favourite part on the Smole?"
Beth: "Oh, this is so hard to choose. I really loved it all. It was so fun!"


Beth: "Probably getting to know my wonderful friends. Like Lynn! And all those hot hunks, definitely. Mmmm..."


Beth: "Making it to the end is also a big plus. See? You don't have to slog your guts and be a total nerd to win."
"Thank you, Beth."



"Lynette, being an actress, did you find yourself acting a lot? Did it come naturally for you?"
Lynette: "I think I was being myself, honestly. I was being true to myself and never really had to act in a certain manner, except when I was the accomplice."


Lynette: "Even then I was trying to act as myself so as not to give myself away. It really helps to understand yourself to pull it off."


"What was the most challenging aspect in your opinion?"
Lynette: "Oh, cross my heart, definitely when I was being the Mole's Accomplice. It's just so stressful, and so different from what I usually do. Usually when you act, you aren't under pressure to hide the fact that you're assuming a different role."


Lynette: "Preparing for the quizzes is definitely a close second. There's so much information to memorise, and you never really know if it's important or relevant. And no offense, but working with Beth to discuss the game was arduous. I think I've said too much."
"Thank you, Lynette. Please enter the other room."


"Last but nowhere near least, Rico. How is it like being the only man in the finale?"
Rico: "Cool. It's nothing really special though. I mean, Beth is hot and all, but I'm not girl-crazed like my Pop."


Rico: "The only advantage I can see is in the final quiz, I know for sure that the Mole is female."


"Out of all the twelve contestants this season, who would you have wanted to join you in the finale?"
Rico: "Oh, wow. Okay, I need to cool down and seriously ponder."


Rico: "Definitely not Sue. I think Edmund is a pretty cool guy. Shame to see him go so early."


Rico: "And Kieran. I think he's quite trustworthy and reliable. Nothing wrong with Beth and Lynette with me though. Don't twist my words...okay, cool down. It's the finale. I shouldn't be getting mad."
"Thank you Rico. Please head to the other room and regroup."

***


"The cast is reunited. It is now time to reveal the winner of the Smole, Season 28. The winner is..."




































































































































































































































































































































































































"...Rico Jury-Laurence!"
Rico: "WOO!"
Lynette: "Hmm..."


Junico: "He won? He won! That is my son!"


Beth: "What? Shocking. But congrats, Rico."
Kieran: "That means that the one of the ladies betrayed the other."


Kit: "I place my bet on Lynette Pratchett. She's quiet and mysterious."
Godfrey: "Indeed. She's a passive Mole. She didn't need to do much to earn a decent keep."


Darroll: "I don't know who to pick. It is peculiar that both of them were the first in the first mission, like they knew where to go exactly. I'm picking Beth."


Edmund: "We should be tactical, man. If you choose Beth than I'll pick Lynette."
Darroll: "We're not on the Smole any more, Edmund."


"Who is the Mole? Is it quiet Lynette?"


"Or is it free-spirited Beth?"


"The Mole of Season 28 is..."

































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































"Nobody."
Lynette: "Did I hear that right?"
Rico: "You got to be kidding me. Did I take the quizzes for nothing? Then how did we get graded?"
"It's a social experiment. Every quiz has equal weightage, excluding the final quiz. I can see some of you regretting not focusing on the Mole's Accomplice. Lynette scored an average of 4.875/10. Rico scored an average of 5.5/10, as did Beth. That's right. It's a tie. We haven't had such a situation in a long while. Overall, Rico took less time and is thus the winner."


Everyone feels so cheated.


Darroll: "That's not fair!"


Godfrey: "What a turn of events."
Kit: "I must admit they had me fooled."


Kieran: "I see what they're doing. They're trying to see if paranoia takes over. Seems like even without a Mole we don't do so well."
Lisbon: "We still had many accomplices though."


" There's also another piece of good news. All of you get to keep whatever you had in your personal pot during the season."


Darroll: "What if there's nothing?"
Edmund: "Yeah, man, we didn't even get a chance to be the Mole."
"Don't fret. Remember the 150/300 points the finalists failed to earn in the last mission? They will be spread evenly among all twelve of you so everyone walks home a winner."


"All of you get 12.5 points extra, of 12500 Simoleons. This means that Rico gets a grand total of 886.5/1200 points or 886,500 Simoleons."
Sue: "That's more like it."
Kelvin: "That's even more than I worked for as the accomplice."


"Now, let us watch the clues that point to the fact that there is indeed no Mole this season.

"From the start, it was mentioned that there were twistS. With an 's'. However, only one was explained. This is because the second twist is that there is no Mole, and that can't be revealed to you all, can it?

This season's twists are that there will be a Mole's Accomplice each mission...

"In the first mission, contestants could text 66-6653 for a clue. If you took a look at old cellphones with a number pad, you would see that the corresponding letters are MNO, MNO, MNO, MNO, JKL and DEF. Taking one letter from each group, you will end up texting 'NO MOLE'. 

They can either text ILLMOLE, WHERE or NOPOINTS to 66-6653.
"Marshall Curious in Mission 9 was alluding to this clue, that you had to consider the numbers as if you were texting on an old phone.

Marshall: "I need to call 'Curio' on my Nokia. I know the number consists of 5 digits. Can you tell me what they are, in order?"
Rico: "What the hell?"
"Another clue is that most actions are done by the Mole's Accomplice rather than the Mole, because there is no Mole. For example, when Rico was the accomplice he had to predict who would swim and who wouldn't. In Mission 9, Gwayne Bayless was trying to guide everyone to this idea, that the accomplice was making predictions instead of the Mole, who seemed to be doing nothing at all, because there is no Mole in the first place.

Gwayne: "Why do you think he was in charge of predictions?"

"In Mission 5, contestants had to translate a phrase, which meant 'waste of time' in Simlish. Contestants are wasting their time searching for the Mole because there is no Mole. Again, in the final mission, Scout Sargeant alluded to this.

Lynette: "Waste of time."
Scout: "Yes, sometimes our searches are futile and uesless."
Lynette: "That's not what I meant. I meant that my answer is 'waste of time'."
Scout: "I think it is handy to know a few languages in this world, though, like French, Chinese, Welsh, Malay and Greek."
"If you look at the Smole banner, you would see that there is a spotlight now. That spotlight clearly shows that nobody is under it, as if saying that the Mole is nobody. In Mission 9, DeAndre Wolfe referenced this clue.

DeAndre: "I wish I can stand under the spotlight with you. Maybe we can meet later."
Beth: "Hmm...if you say so."
Lynette: "Why can't I remember what he wore? I think...a shirt."
DeAndre: "And you still wish to share the spotlight with me? None of you get to be under the spotlight. Now go fetch me a snack."
Lynette: "But I don't see any snack machines."
"In Episode 17, there was a fake Facebook page. This was meant to refer to the social experiment Facebook did on its users a while back, similar to what happened this season.

"Mission 9 also had a lot of other clues. DeAndre asked what Rico was wearing in Mission 6, implying that Rico was underdressed because he was not aware of the mission, simply because he was not the Mole.

DeAndre: "Must be chilly, isn't it?"
Rico: "Weren't you listening? Wait, are you saying I was being disrespectful when I wore a singlet? Why you..."

"Sofia Carlton said that 'there is only one answer, not two'. What she is saying here is that there is only one answer to the quizzes taken, and that is if the contestant answered with the Mole's Accomplice in mind. Clearly, since it is known that there is an accomplice and there is only one set of answers, there is no Mole unlike what everyone assumed.

Sofia: "Which contestant once wore a similar dress? There is only one answer, not two."
Lynette: "This dress?"

"If a contestant answered Gwayne Bayless's question wrongly, he or she would get a different response from her. She would try to cover up the fact that there is an option to pick nobody in the final quiz. The reason there is an option to pick nobody is because there is no Mole nor Mole's Accomplice to base the answers on.

Gwayne: "In your final quiz, there will be an option to pick nobody. Because there is no more accomplice."
"Dudley Racket seemed to suggest that a Mole did exist and that the Mole had sabotaged in Mission 3 by throwing a ball into the swampy waters, hence one ball went missing. However, it was revealed that Kit was the one who accidentally kicked one in there. Hence, what Dudley is trying to say is that all the sabotages were not done by the Mole, which is peculiar, but the only rational explanation for the Mole to not do its job is if there was no Mole. By asking about Kit first, he hoped to make the finalists connect the dots.

Kit: "Ick. Oh dear, I think I kicked one into the water. Wait, come back! Great, it's gone."

"Zo Whelohff asked if there could be a Mole's Accomplice without a Mole. Logically speaking, there can't. Yet the correct answer is that it is possible for a Mole to not exist but a Mole's Accomplice to exist. If contestants answered correctly, Zo would advise them to look at all the fake Moles and why they were thought to be the actual Moles. This is to make them look at all the sabotages which can mostly be attributed to contestants already executed and hence cannot be the Mole. If they answered wrongly, Zo would advise them to look at the other finalists and see how they sabotaged, if any. This, of course, was misleading.

Zo: "I advise you to look at all the fake Moles and why they were so hotly chosen."
Lynette: "I see. Thank you."
"If contestants answered all questions correctly, they would get the right Mole, which is nobody. If they didn't they would get a wrong answer. Rico saw Beth and he passed a question so clearly that was wrong. Thus Beth is not the Mole. Similarly, Beth saw Lynette and it was obvious that Beth hadn't answered all questions correctly.

Lynette: "Nobody? I must've went wrong somewhere."



"And those are the clues."
Godfrey: "Splendid. Simply splendid."


Rico: "Now that final mission makes sense."
Kit: "I was picking the accomplice the whole time. I can't believe I'm sitting here instead of there."



Kelvin: "I was on the wrong track the whole time."
Sue: "I am so suing production for misleading us."


Darroll: "This has been much for me to digest."
Beth: "Yay at least we could trust each other, Lynn! I was so scared that you betrayed me."
Lynette: "Same. Can't believe I didn't question that 'nobody' option. I assumed it was because there was no more accomplice. And I even saw that screen. I feel so stupid."


"Thank you all for joining the Smole. We hope you had a great time."


Lynette: "Nobody's the Mole."


Lynette: "I still can't accept that."
Beth: "Did I say that I love your green and blue dress, Lynn? And Rico, you're so smoking in that suit. I like myself a handsome winner."


Sue: "Hey Lynette. I'm going to sue you. Prepare for my letter."
Kelvin: "I'll kill you before you get to her."
Sue: "Is someone in love?"
Kelvin: "What? You have to be joking. I just had enough of you."


Junico: "Good job, son. I am very proud."


Rico: "...Thanks Pops."


Kit: "I need to sleep on this."


Godfrey: "Yup, I'm driving a taxi. Because I'm an average Joe without a limousine. Is that a police car?"


Lisbon: "I feel so duped."


Lisbon: "Joining the Smole has changed my life forever."


Kelvin: "Stop moping."
Lisbon: "Where are you going?"
Kelvin: "Want to find out? Follow me."
Lisbon: "That's not at all taken from a horror movie."


Goodwin: "Stop right there, Kelvin Kitn."


Kelvin: "You are under arrest for the murder of Tracy Jolene Steff."
Lisbon: "What happens next will shock you."


Lisbon: "I should become a journalist if I ever retire from modelling."
Sue: "What's going on?"
Kelvin: "I have no idea what you're talking about."


Goodwin: "Don't play dumb. Tracy Steff was found brutally dismembered and virtually unrecognisable a few days ago. It was a horrific, cold-blooded murder. One that only you are capable of. And it's the same M.O."


Lisbon: "I'm standing next to a serial killer? Oh my god!"
Goodwin: "We can do this the easy way or the hard way."
Kelvin: "...Fine. I admit it. I don't know who that girl was though. I'm sorry if I disappointed anyone but there should never have been any expectations of me."


Goodwin: "Sorry to disturb, everyone. Please continue."
Lisbon: "It's over. I would share this but I don't think anyone would believe me. It's one of those things you wouldn't understand unless you've personally been on the Smole."


Lisbon: "A leopard never changes its spots."
Sue: "Good riddance. And I didn't need to lift a finger."


Rico: "Pops, stop flirting wtih her. You're ruining the whole mood."
Beth: "It's already been ruined by that cop. Too bad he didn't stay and chat."

***

"Let us once again congratulate the winner of the Smole, Season 28! Rico, how do you feel about winning?"
Rico: "It's awesome. Really cool. I won without a clue who the Mole was and thinking that there was a Mole. And my speed was the deciding factor between me and Beth. Exhilarating."


"What do you plan to do with the money?"
Rico: "Go travelling around the world, of course! I've been a beach boy my whole life. I want to see life outside Malibu. Maybe I can save whatever money I have to find myself a good wife and hold a lavish wedding."
"Thank you, Rico. Let us hear it once more for Rico Jury-Laurence!"


Thank you for viewing the Smole, Season 28! See you next season!


  • Red means executed, black means not in game, green means exempt, yellow means player was the Mole's Accomplice, underlined means player scored the lowest
  • Kelvin earned an exemption in the mission he was the Mole's Accomplice.
  • Sue would have been executed in Episode 10 if she was not the accomplice.
  • Kelvin was the fastest among the three lowest scorers in Quiz 3.
  • Sue was the slower one between her and Lynette in Quiz 7. She was also the slowest among all the lowest scorers for that quiz.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!