Wednesday 6 June 2018

39.12-Out of my league


Previously, seven of the contestants were put in jail. Of which, Flora, Sabrina and Jerome were actually guilty of a crime. Brittany was the warden while Regina and Sheldon were visitors. The innocent prisoners had to escape and on top of that, each of them had a secret task that either earned bonus points or a hidden exemption. Only Sabrina managed to earn a hidden exemption by escaping in time, unfortunately causing a -10 penalty. Clifford, Reynard and Carol managed to escape in time too, so 20/40 points were earned overall, making the pot 276/730 points. Was the Mole guilty as charged? Or did the Mole manage to get away scot-free?


Sheldon: "I noticed a few strange things. For one, Sabrina and Flora are good at lying, and Elvin is an amazing actor. However, the only one who earned a hidden exemption was Sabrina, so did the secret tasks drive everyone to act weirdly but fail, or was it the work of the Mole? My partner Regina behaved oddly at times too. However, I got to observe a lot of them at once, which makes my Mole suspicion more precise."


Regina: "Elvin, I want to know why you decided to act like you were guilty. Was it because of a secret task?"


Elvin: "No..."


Regina: "Then why? Is it because you're the Mole?"


Elvin: "Just leave me alone."
Regina: "I am not going to unless you give me an answer. Get up and join me on the sofa."


Regina: "You better tell me the reason. And it better be a good reason."


Regina: "Were you trying to act suspicious?"
Elvin: "No..."
Regina: "Then why? Why did you pretend to be guilty?"


Elvin: "Because I am guilty!"


Regina: "Why?"
Elvin: "I killed my son."


Elvin: "I had always wanted a son. When my wife gave birth to him, I treated him like a king. My wife said I was pampering him, but he was my child. If I don't pamper him, who will? I always gave him what he wanted. If I didn't, he would refuse to take care of himself. He often went on hunger strikes."


Elvin: "One day, my wife convinced me to fly overseas for a week and let him fend for himself. I don't know what came over me to agree to fly with her. When I came back, he died of starvation."
Reynard: "Sorry to have eavesdropped, but..."


Regina: "How long have you been standing there?"
Reynard: "I overheard you in the bathroom."


Elvin: "I killed my son. I should never have gone overseas. While I went on a holiday, he was slowly starving to death."



Reynard: "Honestly, it sounded like you had an emotionally manipulative child. He would get hell if he grew up that way. I can see where she was coming from. Nobody would have expected it."


Elvin: "But at least he would be alive! It didn't matter how spoilt he'd become, at least he was still alive. I robbed that away from him because of some stupid decision."
Reynard: "You can't blame your wife for that."
Elvin: "I don't. I blame myself. I caused his death."


Reynard: "But you do blame her, to some extent. There definitely have been cracks in your relationship. You have to see it from her perspective."


Reynard: "Don't let your marriage suffer because of this. Do something about it before it's too late."


Reynard: "Hearing Elvin's story makes me feel blessed and lucky that I still have a wife and my two children, Jared and Franklin. I would always play with them and be the good guy while my wife Casey was the bad guy. I am thankful that she chose to be the disciplinarian. That is why they are growing up to be respectable young men. As a father myself, I can empathise, but as a husband with a failing marriage, I worry for him."



Jerome: "Mama? It's not getting through."
Carol: "Hey..."


Jerome: "Oh. Er...hey...how's...life?"
Carol: "Good."
Jerome: "That's good."


Carol: "Er...thank you for giving me the key unconditionally in the previous mission."
Jerome: "No problem."








Carol: "I know I must have hurt your feelings. I didn't mean to."


Jerome: "No, it's not your fault. It's mine. I should have known you were way out of my league."


Carol: "I hope that we can stay friends."


Jerome: "That would be my pleasure, that you don't ostracise me."

*
*
*


Clifford: "You really can do anything."
Flora: "You flatter me."


Sabrina: "Yesterday's mission was my cup of tea. But now I just need to relax my muscles."


Sabrina: "I think that's enough. My skin is getting wrinkly."


Sabrina: "I want to apologise to you, Flora, for throwing you under the bus."


Flora: "No worries. It's not like you knew I was guilty. I didn't know you were guilty either. I guess luck played a big part in the mission."
Sabrina: "Your terms just weren't attractive enough for me. And time was running out, so I just left without giving Sheldon the key, because I didn't trsut you. I had to make Sheldon and Regina believe it was either me or you. Speaking of which, I owe Sheldon some information."


Sabrina: "OH NO!"


Flora: "What's wrong?"
Sabrina: "I was studying outside at the fountain earlier today. I left my journal outside!"
Clifford: "It's raining now. I'll get it for you."



Clifford: "Where is the journal? There it is."


Clifford: "It's all wet now."


Clifford: "Sabrina, I found your journal."


Clifford: "It's soaked, but if we blow dry it and then leave it to dry, it should be fine. Fortunately it's a hard cover, so the contents shouldn't be too damaged."


Sabrina: "Thank you so so much, Cliff. You're my saviour. Without this journal I might as well quit. I'll give you some info as a form of gratitude."


Clifford: "It's fine, really. I didn't get your journal for that."
Sabrina: "But you braved the rain for it. The least I can do to repay you--"
Clifford: "It's fine, really. I know how terrible it is to lose your journal. If you really want to thank me, you can always treat me if you win."


Regina: "I'm still feeling a little under the weather, so I decided to go and find Cliff's hoodie. He said I could just enter his room and borrow it the other day."


Regina: "This must be his bag."


Regina: "Ew, what did I just touch? It's so crusty and..."


Regina: "Holy cow..."


Regina: "Who are these kids? Why does he have so many photos of them? And why are they so dirty?"


Regina: "It better not be what I think it is..."


Regina: "I can't believe Cliff."


Regina: "This is disgusting."

*
*
*


Regina: "Why are you wearing only your underwear?"
Reynard: "It's cooler that way. Plus I just woke up from a nap. Last night's mission was so tiring. Why do you look so vexed?"
Regina: "It's nothing."
Reynard: "Good luck for the quiz later."

*
*
*

It is time for the next quiz.



Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female


Q2: Is the Mole married?
A: Yes
B: No


Q3: What is the Mole's favourite music genre?
A: Indie
B: Pop
C: Rock
D: Foreign
E: Electronica


Q4: In Mission 6, what was the Mole's role?
A: Warden
B: Prisoner
C: Visitor


Q5: In Mission 6, which cell was the Mole in?
A: Cell 1
B: Cell 2
C: Cell 3
D: Cell 4
E: Cell 5
F: Cell 6
G: Cell 7
H: The Mole was not in a cell


Q6: Whose key did the Mole have at first?
A: Elvin Benavidez's
B: Reynard Connors's
C: Clifford Sanchez's
D: Carol Losantos's
E: Jerome Losanji's
F: Flora Flowerina's
G: Sabrina Vandegroot's
H: The Mole did not have a key at first


Q7: Who did the Mole visit in Mission 6?
A: Jerome Losanji
B: Elvin Benavidez
C: The Mole was not a visitor


Q8: In Mission 6, how many times was the Mole visited?
A: 0
B: 1
C: 2
D: 3
E: 4 or more


Q9: In Mission 6, what was the Mole's secret task?
A: Retrieve all keys
B: Ensure all prisoners escape
C: Ensure all prisoners end up with a different key that they cannot use to escape from their cell
D: Give the warden all the keys
E: Prevent any prisoner from escaping
F: Retrieve all keys but his own
G: Ensure no guilty prisoner has a key at the end
H: Ensure only the guilty prisoners escape
I: Escape


Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Brittany Power
B: Carol Losantos
C: Clifford Sanchez
D: Elvin Benavidez
E: Flora Flowerina
F: Jerome Losanji
G: Regina Natalia Seix
H: Reynard Connors
I: Sabrina Vandegroot
J: Sheldon Gaius Devinche



Brittany: "Sheldon kept distracting me to help the prisoners escape. Unfortunately, one of the prisoners who escaped was Sabrina, who also tried to occupy me and escaped with Flora's key."

*
*
*


Flora: "I haven't been here in quite a while."




























































































































































































































































































































































































































Flora: "Green is my favourite colour."

































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Sheldon: "Hmph."















































































































































































































































































































































































































































Jerome: "Yay!"















































































































































































































































































































































































































































Carol: "Oh no!"


Carol: "Why me?"


"Sheldon Gaius Devinche and Carol Losantos, you have been executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Sheldon: "The Smole was definitely an intriguing game for me. Alas, the Mole still eluded me."


Sheldon: "I wonder where I went wrong."


Flora: "You played a good game."
Sheldon: "Thank you. I wish you the best of luck."


Jerome: "Can I hug you goodbye?"
Carol: "Of course. I love hugs."


Jerome: "I'm sad that you've been executed."


Carol: "It's okay. It feels like I've been hanging by a thread and just scraping by, so I should have been gone quite a while ago. And recently, with things between us."


Carol: "I hope we stay in contact."
Jerome: "Definitely."


Carol: "Jerome, please win. Or be a spectacular Mole."


"Thank you for joining."

The myserious Sheldon and beautiful Carol have been executed! Who will be the two to follow?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!