Saturday 23 June 2018

39.17-Big boy


Previously on the Smole, the final six had to get to Level 90 of The Grand Marina, either by climbing stairs or taking the elevator. Jerome made it to the level first with 4 answers in his possession, but only 2 of them were correct, so 80/200 points were earned. While he received an exemption, Flora received the quiz beforehand. Unfortunately, that was not enough, for she was executed, along with Sabrina. There are only four contestants left and only 436/1100 points in the pot. Can the group catch up in time? Who will walk home with the money in the end? Who is the Mole?






Who is the Mole?

*
*
*


Jerome: "This still feels like a dream. I actually made it to the final four! I never even dared to dream about making it this far. Mama, I hope you're seeing this and are proud of me. I'm a big boy now. You don't have to worry about me. On another note, I wonder if they are going to cut the third position this time and jump straight from four to two. It's really intense this season."


Clifford: "Brittany, I was looking for you."
Brittany: "...Can't you see I'm busy?"


Clifford: "Even you are shunning me."


Brittany: "I'm afraid I don't follow."


Clifford: "It's okay. Everybody knows it now. You don't have to pretend."
Brittany: "I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't follow gossip."


Clifford: "I'm a pedophile. I get aroused seeing naked pictures of children."




Clifford: "I'm not surprised by your reaction. I'm ashamed and horrified of it myself."
Brittany: "You're telling me this because?"


Clifford: "Can you cure me?"
Brittany: "You're looking at the wrong kind of doctor."


Brittany: "I'm a plastic surgeon. I make people look pretty. I don't do healing."
Clifford: "Oh. Of course. I just thought that you were my best shot. Never mind then. Thanks and sorry to have bothered you."


Brittany: "Now I know why everyone's been so hostile towards Cliff recently. I actually feel bad for him. He owned up and seemed really sincere about getting rid of his fetish, so he can't be that bad."

*
*
*


"For your next mission, I require someone who is able to clock a total of 22km in 2 hours."


Jerome: "It's not me or you, definitely. We were arguing about who should take the elevator in the last mission."
Reynard: "That only leaves two options. Actually, one."


Clifford: "I think I can do it."


Reynard: "No, I'm not going to let it be you. You're not going to single-handedly ruin everything."
Clifford: "But you have to admit that I am the fittest."
Brittany: "But Cliff is the clear choice. He is ultimately still the best choice."


Jerome: "No offense, Clifford, but are you sure your body can handle it? You've done three physical missions in a row."


Reynard: "No!"
Brittany: "Calm down."
Reynard: "Cliff is not going to be the runner and that's final."
Brittany: "Sit down."
Reynard: "You trust someone of his character, Brittany?"


Brittany: "Sit. Down."


Brittany: "Character aside, he is the most suitable candidate. We have to be logical about this. We can't let his past jeopardise the mission. He may not be safe with children but that doesn't mean he can't run."
Reynard: "Fine. Cliff it is."

*
*
*


Clifford will have to run a total of 22km in 2 hours to earn 30 points. He has to run to the gym and run whatever distance remains on the treadmill. However, he does not need to complete this alone.



The other three will be travelling along a route. Along the way, they will find tasks that they need to complete to earn points. If they complete their task before Clifford arrives, they can help contribute to the 22km.


Jerome: "Our first task is here. One contestant needs to conduct qualitative analysis experiments to identify 5 unknown elements. For every element identified correctly, 10 points will be earned."
Reynard: "I'm the scientist. I'll have the best shot."


Jerome: "Then the two of us will continue on."


Jerome: "Here, we have to find 7 objects and identify which movie they appeared in. Each correct identification brings us 10 points."


Brittany: "I watch quite a lot of movies. I think I will be able to handle this."
Jerome: "So do I. It's one of the few things I actually do."


Jerome: "I think this task is suited for me."
Brittany: "Maybe the next task is even more suited for you."
Jerome: "You can't guarantee that. I don't know a lot of things. This is one of the few things I actually think I have a shot at."


Jerome: "Please, Brittany?"
Brittany: "I gave in to you once, Jerome. You got an exemption out of that."
Jerome: "And you survived too. You know you're on the Mole but I can't be sure about that."


Jerome: "Brittany, please. The more time we waste time here the lesser time we have before Cliff arrives."
Brittany: "...Fine."
Jerome: "Thank you so much! I won't let you down."


Brittany: "I need to find the last task."


Brittany: "This is the last stop."


Brittany: "I need to decode a message to obtain 50 points."


Reynard: "It's been a while since I wore a lab coat. I can't believe I'm working again."



Reynard: "If I add this in..."


Reynard: "I always rely on my chart to identify the element...I can't remember. Is it vanadium(IV)?"


Reynard: "Let me try this. It should oxidise and give me a different colour."


Clifford: "I see the science lab."


Jerome: "This sword actually looks very familiar."


Jerome: "Henshin-youkai! It's unmistakable. It was the sword that Kyo bequeathed to Sa'ri."

Jerome: "I like watching anime. I suppose you can say it's in my blood because my grandpa Eddy and grandma Adrielle were Japanese. So I can speak a little bit of Japanese. It's how I communicated with my grandparents when I was young, so I can understand a bit of what rhe characters are saying in the anime."


Brittany: "It's a jumble of letters. nmk jlrx twa uirv..."


Reynard: "If this is vanadium(IV), I can use a aliquot to find out the identity of another element in this mixture."


Clifford: "Reynard, did you succeed?"
Reynard: "What? That is too quick."
"Reynard, you have correctly identified one element. You earn 10 points, but cannot join Clifford."


Reynard: "You're clearly trying to sabotage here."
Clifford: "I was already at a slow pace."


Reynard: "By your standards. Besides, science is slow. You can't rush it. It's just like you to think of yourself."


Reynard: "I bet you added contaminants! That is why it was hard to identify the unknowns."
Clifford: "How could I even have done that?"


Clifford: "You can only accuse me of things I did do, not the things I didn't. Don't lump everything together."


Clifford: "You know what? Nevermind. Let's just move on."


Jerome: "It looks so real..."


Jerome: "Those jars were seen in Crime Scene X."


Jerome: "I'm right, right?"


Brittany: "This is some kind of encryption. I need to find a way to decrypt this."


Jerome: "Why am I on the roof? The layout is so confusing."


Jerome: "I don't see how some of this is considered art."


Jerome: "This doll looks like it's from a horror movie. I don't like horror movies so I never watched them. Sorry. I don't know where you're from."


Jerome: "This is definitely from Your Giant Pony."


Jerome: "I didn't recognise anything else...hey, there are some things over there...and I have to get to them via stairs."


Clifford: "I need to keep at a steady pace. Just treat this as a half-marathon."


Brittany: "I'm not a skilled hacker. I don't even know where to begin. There must be a way to do this efficiently."


Jerome: "I see Cliff in the distance. Oh no."


Brittany: "Looks like I have to use brute force."


Jerome: "Did any chess piece appear in a movie? Not that I remember...except some of these don't look like chess pieces. In fact, I think that black statue is one of the first victims from Medusa."


Clifford: "I'm here. I hope Jerome is done."


Jerome: "Liver ketchup? That rings a bell."
"Jerome, you have managed to identify 4 movies correctly. You have earned 40 points but cannot join Clifford."
Jerome: "He's here already? And I just remembered where this came from too...I thought I had more than 4 movies though."


Clifford: "I need to pick up the pace."


Brittany: "If n is equal to y, m is equal to o...it also works. There are too few letters for me to give an answer."


Clifford: "Please tell me Brittany is done."


"Brittany has not deciphered the text, so she does not earn points and cannot join you."
Clifford: "I don't believe this. Everyone failed?"

*
*
*


Clifford: "I've made it to the gym, but I'm all alone. I have less than an hour to cover the remaining distance. Some help would have been nice."


Clifford: "I bet they all did it on purpose, because they didn't want to run with me."


Clifford: "Everyone treats me like a serial killer."




Sabrina: "Spare the hypocrisy. I heard about your dirty little secret."







Regina: "I found some secretions on some of them, some old and some new. I can't even look at him properly."







Flora: "So you're actually a pedophile?"



Clifford: "No..."



Elvin: "Do you even know what you're saying? You're a dangerous man. You shouldn't be allowed to roam freely, especially not around children."






Clifford: "Shut up..."




Anne: "You are disgusting, Clifford. I pray that you get locked up forever."



Carol: "You were just pretending to be nice. But it's all a sham. The truth is, you're nothing but a pervert."


Clifford: "I said shut up!"



All: "NO!"


Clifford: "Aah!"












Clifford: "Nobody..."

*
*
*


Less than 5 minutes to go. Will Clifford succeed?


Clifford: "I need to go faster."


"Time is up! Clifford, please stop running."
Clifford: "Whew."


"In total, you ran 23.4km. Good work, Clifford. You add another 30 points, making this mission's earnings 80/200 points."


The pot has 516/1300 points. The group has one last chance to overtake the Mole, but not without losing one last mate in the process.

*
*
*

BLOOPERS:


Clifford: "Even the lift hates me."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!