Friday 15 June 2018

39.15-Silver lining


Last time, Brittany, Reynard, Elvin, Regina, Sabrina and Jerome had to disable a camera without being caught moving. They succeeded with the help of the buzzers Flora and Clifford pressed, but cost the group 15 points in the process. Meanwhile, Clifford and Flora went around pressing buttons while trying to avoid being caught. Flora got another exemption while a net total of 80/170 points were earned in the mission, leading to 356/900 points in the pot. Elvin and Regina's good luck ended when they became the next two to be executed. Only six contestants remain. Have they figured out who has been lying to them the entire time?









Who is the Mole?

*
*
*



Clifford: "I've now become public enemy number 1. And it hurts me a lot because all the good times we had in the past have all been negated just like that. I suppose I shouldn't be too hung up. There is a silver lining--I can confirm who the Mole is."


Reynard: "Elvin spreaded. He definitely did, whereas I put everything on one suspect. So technically I should know who the Mole is now. Except that our Mole was Regina. And she's gone too. How did Casey do it in the past?"


Reynard: "We got some sweet double beds now. Sad that I don't get to enjoy them. I let Sabrina and Cliff take them, so it's still with the single bed for me."
Jerome: "Brittany and Flora let me have the double bed. There's a lot more space now."


Sabrina: "Brittany! I'm glad to see you joining us."
Brittany: "All I'm here for is a dip. Don't think too much."


Flora: "Uh-oh. Look who's here."


Sabrina: "You mean Cliff?"
Reynard: "I'm getting out of here."


Flora: "Me too."
Jerome: "Why the sudden hate for Cliff?"
Flora: "If I were you, I would stay far, far away from him. He's not who you think he is."


Clifford: "No, don't leave. I'll go. I'm sorry to have inconvenienced you."


Flora: "He's been lying to us the whole time."


Clifford: "I'm trying to be nice to everyone but they're shunning me. Why did Regina have to...I guess I can't blame her. If anything, I should blame myself for being a sick weirdo."

*
*
*


Flora: "Don't eat so quickly, or you're going to choke again."
Jerome: "Sorry. I'm just sad that first Carol left, then Elvin."


Flora: "Still, there's no need to gorge yourself. That's unhealthy."
Jerome: "I can't help it. I eat to feel better."


Jerome: "But enough about me. Why are you and Reynard so hostile to Cliff?"
Flora: "He's a pedophile."
Jerome: "You can't be serious."
Flora: "You're the youngest here, Jerome. I advise you to keep your distance from him."

*
*
*


The Grand Marina: with over 100 floors, it is one of the tallest buildings in Bellum City. Not only is it a hotel for the lavish and home of the wealthy, but this building also provides income as well as opportunity for hundreds who work here. Today, the contestants will be taking part in a mission here. They will be taking an elevator ride up to Level 90. However, at certain floors, one contestant has to get out. They will find a question with two options. Each correct answer is worth 40 points. Contestants can earn 200 points in this mission.


Only one will take the elevator all the way to Level 90. The others must climb stairs to Level 90. The first to reach Level 90 will earn whatever points are in his/her possession and an exemption. Contestants can thus either pass the correct answer to those in the elevator before the door closes or hold onto it themselves if they are confident of being the first.




Reynard: "Look at this fountain. It's so cool."
Jerome: "This place is like a dream come true."
Sabrina: "Focus, everyone. Let's gather together and discuss strategy."


Sabrina: "I think that the least athletic should get the elevator."
Flora: "So Brittany? She's the oldest, after all."


Jerome: "But I can't run to save my life either. I feel that I should get the elevator."
Brittany: "We need to watch how long it takes before the elevator door closes."
Reynard: "Yes. That's important."


Brittany: "There is an exemption dangling in front of us. It's on everyone's mind, and nobody would be foolish enough to give it up. I think that regardless of who takes the elevator to the top, all of us should try our best to reach the top and fight for the exemption. There shouldn't be any hard feelings if anyone gets the exemption, even if points are forsaken."


Sabrina: "I disagree. We don't have enough points as it is. We need to focus on the points instead."
Reynard: "But at this juncture, safety is the most important. We can always earn back the points later."
Sabrina: "How? We don't have a lot of missions left before the finale."


Brittany: "Since Sabrina does not care for the exemption, she can stop at the lowest floor, Level 15."
Sabrina: "I don't mind. I'm fit enough to do it. And I don't need the exemption because I'm sure of who my Mole is."
Clifford: "I'm willing to take Level 30 then."

Flora: "Maybe we should decide on the order first. Sabrina gets out first, followed by Cliff. I am willing to go third."


Reynard: "There is no way those at the lower floors will make it in time, so they have to be okay with not getting an exemption."


Jerome: "I think the top floor is between me and you, Brittany."
Brittany: "Why should I let you take it?"


Jerome: "There are only five questions. I'm stupid. I hardly leave my house. I don't have any worldly knowledge. I don't know anything. So I should not be answering any questions. Brittany, can I please be the one to stay in the elevator?"


Brittany: "You make a good point. I may be the oldest but I can still climb up a few flight of stairs. I can get off at Level 60."


Reynard: "That's 30 flights of stairs!"
Brittany: "Will you do it then?"


Reynard: "Okay, I'll be the last one to get out then."


Brittany: "That's settled. I noticed the elevator goes quite quickly but it waits on each floor it stops at for approximately thirty seconds."


Sabrina: "We also need to discuss if we're going to give all our options to Jerome."
Clifford: "I think we should, unless we miss the elevator. Jerome has the best chance of being first."


Reynard: "Then I think we should all hold on to it. Or you can pass it to me. I think I can beat him. We're not going to just hand the exemption to Jerome like that, right?"


Sabrina: "What Cliff says is actually right. For those on the lower floors, there is no chance of us making it, so we must pass the options back to Jerome. Reynard, you should do the same."


Jerome: "Let's get in, guys. The elevator is here."


Flora: "Who is the first one to get out?"
Sabrina: "Me."
Flora: "Jerome, you should make space for her."


Sabrina: "Level 15. Where's the question?"


Sabrina: "There it is. It's really close to the stairs. My question is: When did World War II end? 1945 or 1942?"


Sabrina: "I don't have a lot of time to recall. I should have paid more attention in history class. It would be good to have Anne here right now."


Sabrina: "I think it's 1945."


Sabrina: "Someone take it."


Sabrina: "Now I need to hurry."


Sabrina: "I'm only on Level 15...geez."


Sabrina: "I'll just use this as a chance to work out."


Reynard: "Hurry up and get out."
Clifford: "I'm going, I'm going."


Clifford: "Who composed Für Elise? Ludwig van Beethoven or Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart?"


Clifford: "It's Mozart."


Clifford: "Jerome, here."
Reynard: "I'll take it."


Clifford: "I'm not going to give the exemption up that easily."


Flora: "I need to go find the question. It's supposed to be near the stairwell."


Flora: "Aha. Which of the following is a fish? Kingfisher or moonfish?"


Flora: "Kingfisher is a bird. Moonfish is the fish."


Flora: "Darn it. I'm too slow."


Flora: "I'll take the answer up then."


Flora: "If I believe I can, then I can."


Clifford: "This is quite the workout."


Clifford: "I've caught up to Sabrina."


Jerome: "Flora didn't make it in time..."
Reynard: "I have Mozart with me. What answer do you have, Jerome?"
Jerome: "1945. Can I have Mozart please?"
Reynard: "We'll talk about it later."


Sabrina: "Shit. Cliff has overtaken me."


Brittany: "I see it."


Brittany: "What was the last name of the first Smole Mole? Milliard or Mullard?"


Brittany: "I'll just take a random one. I don't have time."


Brittany: "I hope it's the right answer."


Jerome: "Hey! Don't just throw it in."


Brittany: "It's only 30 flights, compared to what Sabrina has to go through."


Sabrina: "I must catch up."


Flora: "Am I there yet?"


Jerome: "We're here. We saw how fast this elevator goes. So please pass me what you have."


Reynard: "Fine."


Reynard: "I'll just take this one."


Reynard: "I don't even know what the question is."


Jerome: "Why are you throwing it too?"


Reynard: "Now I need to make it to the top first. But 15 flights really is a lot."


Reynard: "I just need to run up 15 flights. You can do this!"


Brittany: "My knees are hurting."


Flora: "Hff..hff..."


Sabrina: "He's getting further."


Reynard: "I should start a leg day when I get back home."


Reynard: "I need to find time to fit it in my schedule though. Just eight more!"


Clifford: "What is this? Do I want to get tunnel vision? Of course not. Not when I know who the Mole is."


Sabrina: "Do you want to get tunnel vision? Yes."


Reynard: "Almost there..."


Jerome: "Level 90. This is really high."


Jerome: "I'm the first one here!"


Jerome: "It looks like I need to use this to check the answers."
Reynard: "Shit. Too late."


Jerome: "Sorry. Oh. I just realised there's a road outside."
Reynard: "Because this is built on really sunken ground."


Reynard: "Anyway, I'm going to sit down. My legs are a little tired."


Brittany: "Hff...I made a mistake in taking Level 60."


Flora: "Am I willing...hff...to get tunnel vision? This sounds interesting. I suppose it's worth...hff...a shot. Yes I'm willing."


Clifford: "I'm...here..."


Jerome: "You're the third one to arrive."
Clifford: "What...?"


Clifford: "I know I'm...one of the fitter...ones, but...how am I...third?"


Sabrina: "I need a break. All those times I skipped leg day are coming back to bite me in the ass."


Sabrina: "Cliff is too far ahead for me to try and catch up anyway...who's there?"


Flora: "Just me."
Sabrina: "How did you get here so fast?"


Flora: "Hff...I am quite fit too."
Sabrina: "Even Flora has caught up."


Brittany: "There must be something...up with...this sign...hff. My answer is...hff...yes."


Flora: "Level 89...just one more...hff..."


Clifford: "Hi guys."


Sabrina: "What are you doing?"
Jerome: "Checking answers."


Brittany: "..."


Brittany: "I'm the last."


Brittany: "What is he doing?"


Jerome: "I think I found all the questions and answers now that Flora is here."


Jerome: "Let's do the reveal. Question 1: When did World War II end? 1945 or 1942? Sabrina, you gave the answer 1945 and that is correct."


Jerome: "Question 2: Who composed Für Elise? Ludwig van Beethoven or Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart? Clifford said Mozart, but it's actually Beethoven."
Clifford: "Sorry guys. I really thought Mozart was it. I don't know my classical music."


Jerome: "Where did I save the third answer? Ah, there it is. Which of these is a type of fish: kingfisher or moonfish? The correct answer is moonfish."
Flora: "I was just too slow."


Jerome: "The next question. What is the last name of the first Smole Mole? Brittany said Milliard, but it's actually Mullard."


Jerome: "The last question involves a picture:

T  I E S
H S S B
I  A A O
S C R X


Jerome: "The question is asking to decipher the code. Is it 'This is a Cesar's box' or 'Fools don't love well'?"
Reynard: "Good thing I didn't even bother, or I would have taken way too long and missed Jerome."
Jerome: "It's the former. And that happens to be what you passed me, Reynard, so with 2/5 correct answers in my possession, 80/200 points have been earned."


Sabrina: "It's official, guys. We suck."


"There was also a question at the stairwell of Level 81, asking if you wanted to have tunnel vision. The ladies answered yes."
Reynard: "How come I didn't see it?"


Jerome: "Let me see who the lucky one is...oh, it's Flora!"


The pot has 436/1100 points and Jerome has an exemption. Flora also gets to have tunnel vision, but what could that mean?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!