Monday 13 August 2018

40.05-All the single ladies


Last time on the Smole, the contestants had to skydive without the parachutes, with each contestant jumping off a building from a different height. 70/130 points were earned in the mission, making the pot 170/230 points. Angel was not quick or sharp enough and hence she became this Mole's second victim. This Mole must be a vicious one to be able to eliminate a past Mole. Is Philo in danger? What about Herb?


Damien: "I actually feel strangely liberated with Ma's execution. I don't have to worry about her nagging me to do the right thing any more. I can do what I want and what I please with nobody to stop me. It's a shame but it's not necessarily bad news."


Milan: "I need to find a coalizione. I will continue with tre in a group, like last time. But con chi posso allearmi? Damien lost his madre so I can try to work with him. Yet I do not trust him. I must analizzare attentamente to choose who to work with."


Benjamin: "I'm not sad that Angel is gone. I watched that season she was in and boy was she the villain. And she's old. I rather keep the hot eye candy around. I mean, admiring beauty won't hurt anyone. All the single ladies in the house are beautiful in their own way. Milan is like a red hot chilli pepper. She's so feisty and sizzlin'. She's got an amazing fashion sense too. Autumn and Lisette are so young and innocent, and that's attractive. Iris's bubbly personality is cute and Bonnie is hot. Shirley is...I rather not make things awkward. She is my therapist after all. Without her, I would not have been able to work through all my issues by myself. Shirley and I have an intimate bond, an unbreakable trust."



Carol: "Aah! Ben! Couldn't you knock before entering?"


Benjamin: "Sorry. The door wasn't locked so I thought it was free to enter."
Carol: "I haven't even put on my makeup yet."


Benjamin: "What makeup? You look beautiful as it is."


Carol: "Really? That's so nice of you to say."


Benjamin: "And I mean it."


Carol: "Thank you. But that doesn't excuse you from entering without knocking first. What if I was naked?"


Benjamin: "You're beautiful, Carol. You have nothing to be worried about."


Benjamin: "And it's not just your physical appearance too. Your personality is amazing. You're such a wonderful girl, Carol. Whoever your boyfriend is must be lucky to have you."
Carol: "Aww, that's so sweet. I'm single though."

*
*
*


Shirley: "I should try and make meals for everyone now that Angel is gone."


Shirley: "I can fully empathise with her, especially since I was the first to be executed two seasons ago."


Shirley: "Ouch! I should focus."


Jerome: "Oops! Sorry I brushed against you."
Carol: "It's fine."
Jerome: "I'm going to get pancakes...do you want one?"
Carol: "I'll get it myself later, thank you."

*
*
*


For the next mission, contestants have been paired up. Like in Season 38, contestants will take turns to memorise a question for their partner to answer. Each correct answer will earn 10 points for the pot, making this mission worth 120 points. In addition, the pair that takes the least time overall will get the season's first exemptions.


Benjamin: "I participated in this mission back in Season 38. I know how this works."


Benjamin: "This looks like an easy question. Now I just need to memorise it...and then change into proper clothes to run in as well."

*
*
*


Benjamin: "Now I need to find Shirley. 


Shirley: "I remember this mission. It was the only mission I was a part of."


Benjamin: "Almost there. I want the exemption."


Benjamin: "Which is a synonym for acri...acriceremonious..."


Shirley: "Do you mean 'acrimonious'?"
Benjamin: "Yeah, that. Which is a synonym for acrimonious?
A: Bitter
B: Prolonged
C: Spiteful
D: Nimble"


Shirley: "The answer is A: Bitter."
Benjamin: "I think that's the correct answer."


Benjamin: "This will be a breeze for us. We've done it before."


Shirley: "Just divert all our energy into the mission. We'll be sure to win."


Jerome: "Which question should I pick? I'll just take this one. Carol should know the answer."


Benjamin: "Which is worth the most?
A: 500 South African rand
B: 100,000 Vietnamese dong
C: 1000 Mexican pesos
D: 50 pounds sterling."


Jerome: "Which is worth the most? A: 500 South African rand, B: 1000 Vietnamese dong, C: 50 pounds sterling, D....D is 1000 Mexican pesos. Which is worth the most? A: 500..."

*
*
*


Carol: "I see him!"


Jerome: "Huff..."


Jerome: "Huff...I'm gett...huff...getting stitches...huff..."


Carol: "Come on Jerome! You can do it!"


Jerome: "Huff...almost...there..."


Jerome: "Which...huff...which is...huff..."


Carol: "Take your time. Catch your breath first."
Jerome: "Okay..."


Jerome: "I think I'm ready. What was the question...ah! Which is worth the most?
A: 500 Southern rand...
B: 1000...songs?"


Jerome: "I can't quite remember. I think B was 1000 dongs, C was 50 pesos and D was 1000 Mexican sterlings."


Carol: "Mexico uses sterling? I didn't know that. But I would think the answer is D. I know a dong is dirt cheap."


Jerome: "Sorry."
Carol: "We tried our best."


Herb: "Which one can I remember?"


Herb: "If green is to grass, then yellow is to...?
A: Submarine
B: Sun
C: Yolk
D: Chicken"

*
*
*


Bonnie: "I hope he chooses the right question and remembers them."


Bonnie: "Took you long enough."


Herb: "If grass is green, then yellow is..."


Herb: "A: Submarine, B: Sun, C: Yolk, D: Chicago."


Bonnie: "That doesn't make sense."


Bonnie: "Are you sure you remembered correctly? Do you want to think about it again?"


Herb: "I am not going down again, Bonnie."
Bonnie: "Okay. Can you repeat your question?"


Herb: "If grass is green, then what is yellow? A: Summer B: Sun C: Yolk D: Chicken."


Bonnie: "Ehm...the best I can go for is C, if I understand the question correctly."


Bonnie: "I asked him to repeat the question and he gave me a different set of answers. I am not sure whether it is sabotage or poor memory on his part."


Philo: "Hey, I know this one."


Philo: "Which actor is paid the least as of 2015?
A: Ellen DeGeneres
B: Channing Tatum
C: Leonardo DiCaprio
D: Amitabh Bachchan.
If Iris answers incorrectly something must be very wrong."

*
*
*


Philo: "How long more?"


Philo: "Oh, I see Iris. I better look like I'm putting in more effort."


Philo: "Iris! I'm coming!"


Iris: "Philo! I've been waiting all day for you!"


Philo: "Iris!"





Iris: "Ow!"
Philo: "Oof!"


Philo: "I think something broke."


Iris: "You hit my back!"
Philo: "You hit my butt!"


Iris: "We couldn't brake in time and ended up slamming into each other."
Philo: "I need a medic."


Iris: "Don't be so over-dramatic, Philo. It's just a hit."


Iris: "Hurry, what's the question?"


Philo: "Which actor is paid the least as of 2015?
A: Ellen DeGeneres
B: Channing Tatum
C: Leonardo DiCaprio
D: Amitabh Bachchan"


Iris: "I have no idea. This is a challenging question."


Iris: "I'll just go with D since it's the last option and I have no idea who he is."


Iris: "That Amitahba guy surely can't be more famous than the other three."


Philo: "I had the same answer. It must be correct."


Autumn: "Hmm...I think Lisette is the type to play board games. Maybe she'll know about this."


Autumn: "Whatever. It's just a random question. I just need to memorise."

*
*
*


Autumn: "I'm used to having a personal chauffeur back at home, and when I came here I was used to driving my houseboat to wherever I needed to go. My ad on the papers resulted in some compassionate residents donating money to me, allowing me to survive for so long. So I never needed to walk or run such a great distance before."


Autumn: "How...long...more..."


Lisette: "Autumn, you smell a bit."
Autumn: "Do I?"


Autumn: "Which of the following is a city in the board game Pandemic?
A: Tunas
B: Legos
C: Koala Loompo
D: Cologne"


Lisette: "I played that once or twice in school."
Autumn: "I knew it was the right question."


Lisette: "Let me think...there was Essen. The plague was always there for some reason...I think Milan was another one, and Chicago. Atlanta was the base..."


Lisette: "I can't remember all the cities off the top of my head and I don't have time for that. But B: Lagos rings a bell so that should be the answer."


Damien: "Where is the Taj Mahal located?
A: Agra
B: New Delhi
C: Mumbai
D: Chennai"


Damien: "I got it in my head. Now I better hurry. I want the exemption and I don't expect Milan to be of help."

*
*
*


Milan: "He is here."


Damien: "Listen carefully."


Damien: "Where is the Taj Mahal located? A..."


Damien: "A...Delhi. B...Chennai. C is Kolkata and D is Mumbai."


Milan: "De Taj Mahal is definitely not in de capital, so it is not A."


Milan: "It was a very long name. I do not dink it is D eeder."


Milan: "Sorry. What are de oder two answers again?"


Milan: "Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai. Yes."


Milan: "Kolkata is longer, so my answer is C."



The roles have now been swapped. Shirley has to give the question to Benjamin.


Benjamin: "Which is a suitable question? It should be something Ben knows, but I don't want to take the easiest question either in case the other contestants need it."


Shirley: "Ben looks like a science guy. However, I'm not. I need to spend some time memorising all the formulas. How am I going to convey this formula to him?"

*
*
*


Benjamin: "Come on, come on..."


Shirley: "Keep at it..."


Shirley: "Phew. I worked up a sweat."


Benjamin: "Shirley, quick, hit me."
Shirley: "Which formula is incorrect? A: F=dp/dt. B: P=hpg."


Shirley: "C...how do I say it...T=2π square root(m/g). D: P=F/A."


Benjamin: "Firstly, I think you mean ρ and not p. Rookie mistake. Secondly, my answer is C. It's a good thing I took a few engineering modules."


Benjamin: "We're going to win this."


Carol: "Which historical event came first...DWVF...DWVF...DWVF..."

*
*
*


Carol: "D...W...F...V..."


Benjamin: "It's so hot."


Carol: "Hff...hff...hff...."


Carol: "Alright...which historical event came first? D for Great Depression, W for World War II, F for Great Fire of London and V for Vietnam War."


Carol: "The options aren't D, W, F and V."


Carol: "They are A: the Great Depression, B: World War II, C: The Great Fire of London and D: The Vietnam War."


Carol: "...Do you understand? Do you need me to repeat that? You're staring at me very blankly."


Jerome: "I suck at history. I'll just go with D: Vietnam War."


Bonnie: "This should be right up Herb's alley.  Which ingredient list is to make a pancake?
A: 100g plain flour, pinch of salt, 300ml milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter
B: 1 cup water, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 3/4 cup sugar, apple cider vinegar, ketchup, 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
C: 1 1/2 warm water, 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast, 3 3/4 cups bread flour, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon sugar
D: 2/3 cup granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, large egg yolks, 1 1/2 cups whole milk."

*
*
*


Bonnie: "I need to condense it for Herb."


Bonnie: "Herb, your question is: which ingredient is to make a pancake?
A: Flour
B: Ketchup
C: Water
D: Cream."


Bonnie: "Flour, ketchup, water, cream. Flour, ketchup, water, cream."


Herb: "I got it, I got it. Stop repeating them already. I think you can make pancakes with more than one of the ingredients."



Herb: "The best answer is A: Flour."


Iris: "I'll just take a random question and go."


Iris: "Which skeletal formula represents butane?
A: =
B: /\/\
C: /\/
D: 口

How am I going to convey a bunch of symbols to Philo?"

*
*
*


Iris: "Philo! Stay there, don't move. Which skeletal formula represents butane?"


Philo: "Are you...miming out the options?"


Iris: "It's a bunch of drawings. I don't know how else to describe them. Anyway, this is D."


Iris: "Why the hell did you go with this question? Do I look like a scientist to you? I'll go with D, the box."


Lisette: "I only have two questions to pick from."


Lisette: "Autumn sucks at maths, so the only alternative is the chemistry question."

*
*
*


Lisette: "Autumn, listen carefully. Which condition/reagent is not required to form an ester?
A: Carboxyl group
B: Alcohol
C: Concentrated sulfuric acid
D: Temperature of 900 degrees Celsius."


Autumn: "What? I don't know."


Lisette: "Just pick an answer. A is carboxyl group, B is alcohol, C is concentrated sulfuric acid and D is 900 degrees C."


Lisette: "I don't quite remember what I studied but I think esters were sweet-smelling, so that may be helpful."


Autumn: "Sweet-smelling? Then it can't be that concentrated sulfuric acid. That stuff stinks! my answer will be C: Concentrated sulfuric acid."


Milan: "Hmph. Only one questione left. What is de fourth digit of pi?
A: 1
B: 3
C: 4
D: 5."

*
*
*


Milan: "Uno, tre, quattro, cinque."


Damien: "You sure took your time."
Milan: "De skin is not meant to sweat."


Milan: "What is de fourth digit of pi?
A: Uno...I mean, one
B: Dree
C: Four
D: Five."


Damien: "Pie as in the food or pi as in maths?"
Milan: "Matematica pi."


Damien: "I think that's maths, so...I know the first digit is 3. Ergh, I don't know. I'll just say C."

*
*
*

 Overall, 5 questions have been answered correctly, leading to 50/120 points for the mission or 220/350 points for the pot. The time each pair took are as follows:

1. Benjamin and Shirley - 24min 37s
2. Jerome and Carol - 49min 00s
3. Herb and Bonnie - 52min 13s
4. Philo and Iris - 48min 47s
5. Autumn and Lisette - 40min 25s
6. Damien and Milan - 36min 09s

Hence, Benjamin and Shirley are the fastest and get exemptions.

*
*
*

BLOOPERS:

Iris: "Copycat."
Bonnie: "Me? I think you're the copycat."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!