Friday 6 May 2022

52.01-Break the ice




The Smole has returned! For those of you who are new or have forgotten, the Smole is a reality game show where contestants take part in challenges, known as missions, to earn points for a pot. This pot will be multiplied at the end of the season by 1000 and go to the winner of the season - the one who best catches the Mole.

Who is the Mole? The Mole is a saboteur, out to keep the pot low while staying low themselves. The contestants must take quizzes every other episode about the Mole.

But there's always a twist. On the 52nd season, the contestant whose name is put down the most times on the quizzes will be called will face the most stress. He or she must score above average to survive the execution. If successful, the torch will then be passed to the next contestant, and so on so forth. The other contestants will be safe regardless of how they scored. How will this twist affect the contestants' game? Who even are the contestants this season, and more importantly, who is the Mole?













*
*
*


Soleunda is a mystical world that's hard to find on the map. As an island nation, it built itself up on religion and progress.


This shall be the backdrop of the 52nd season of the Smole. What weird things will happen this season? What weird things will happen in the first mission?


In the first mission, contestants are given a list of questions that pertain to other contestants. However, they can't simply ask the others. They can only communicate with the contestants adjacent to them. They have 45 minutes and at the end, every question correctly answered earns 1 point, making this mission worth 100 points.


However, this won't be a good ice breaking mission if there isn't any ice to break. Therefore, the contestants need to literally break four ice sculptures by the end of the mission, or the points they earn will be halved.


Demorah: "A new season and we start off on the wrong foot. We did mot have a clear plan. Should we go for the questions or break the ice first? We could only move within a designated area. This makes it difficult when both sides are constantly trying to talk to you."


Venis: "What ethnicity is Cole?"


Cole: "I see two unnatural hair colours. Hey ma'am! Is that man's hair colour natural?"

Deborah: "Hang on, I think that man is trying to communicate with me. Excuse me, could you repeat that?"



Elise: "It's good to see some familiar faces on the show. I was a bit unsure of leaving my post to join a reality show, but knowing that there are other familiar faces makes me feel comforted."


Maurice: "Heya, Elise!"
Elise: "Maurice! It's good to see you."


Maurice: "Right back 'atcha. Anyway, Do you have bad vision?"
Elise: "I don't think so."


Maurice: "Did you get married at work?"
Elise: "No, I'm not married."


Maurice: "Never cried for 10 years? Knows how to ride a horse? Loves The Humans?"


Elise: "No, no and...what was the first one again?"
Maurice: "Never cried for 10 years."
Elise: "Hmm...that could be me."


Maurice: "Jackpot. Thanks Elise, gotta run!"


Elise: "I haven't even asked you your question yet..."


Sabrina: "I'm Sabrina. What is your name?"
Archibald: "Archibald Solrene Bishop."
Sabrina: "Perfect. I have a question with your name on it. What is your Chinese zodiac sign?"
Archibald: "I'm not sure about that."


Sabrina: "Hmm...then could you help me answer any of the following questions? Do you know if any of the contestants here are divorced?"
Archibald: "If I had to guess it would be the old lady."
Sabrina: "I was thinking the same. Do you know who writes songs?"


Dotty: "The two of them sure are taking their own sweet time."


Gina: "Err...maybe we should introduce each other?"
Seth: "...Ok..."
Gina: "...Er...maybe I'll go first? My name is Gina Liza-Roberts. I am a 41 year old female who is a wiretap reader."
Seth: "I'm Seth."


Gina: "Cool, cool. Do you think you could help me answer a question?"
Seth: "I'll try."
Gina: "What is your horoscope?"


Seth: "Oh. I'm a Leo...Gina, right? I have a question for you too...what is your favourite music genre?"
Gina: "Rock. My favourite bands are Simple Plan and the Plain White T's."


Elise: "Hi there. My name is Elise."
Cole: "Elise, what a beautiful name."
Elise: "Thank you. What is your name, and the names of the other two on your stretch?"
Cole: "I'm Cole. The others are Deborah and Venis."


Elise: "Hmm...ah, Cole, found it. May I have your traits?"
Cole: "Sure. I'm an ambitious virtuoso. What gemstone do you have at home?"
Elise: "A sunstone."


Elise: "Could you help me ask Deborah how many sons she has?"
Cole: "Sure thing. I'll ask some questions for you to pass along too."



Archibald: "Now it's my turn to ask questions. Are you a social butterfly?"
Sabrina: "Not particularly."


Archibald: "Do you have children?"
Sabrina: "No."


Archibald: "What do you often accuse your father of?"
Sabrina: "He caused the Regis legacy to fall. We used to be powerful but because of him, we lost everything."


Archibald: "You're Sabrina Regis? You've grown up."
Sabrina: "Do I know you?"
Archibald: "I'm not surprised you forgot. I'm friends with your father. The last time we met, you were just a baby. I don't think your father is to blame for anything."


Sabrina: "Yeah, well, I'm not here to discuss that. We have questions to answer and statues to break. So let's get going."


Dotty: "Finally. I've been waiting for you."


Maurice: "I've been waiting for you. I'm Maurice. Do you have bad vision, get married, ride horses or like The Humans?"
Sabrina: "Slow down."


Sabrina: "I'm not happy to see Elise here. She ruined my family. Apparently there's this contestant, Archibald, who knows my father. There's also this contestant, Maurice, who acts like he has a train to catch. I hardly got a word in or understood what he was trying to say. I think he was the most suspicious in this first challenge."


Venis: "You need to come closer. I can't go too far."


Seth: "Is this close enough?"
Venis: "Good. Do you have a tense relationship with your mother?"


Seth: "...Too close."


Venis: "Sorry. Is this better?"
Seth: "Yes...and the answer to your question is yes."
Venis: "That was easy. What's your name?"
Seth: "Seth." 


Venis: "Do you have any questions for me?"
Seth: "Are you Maurice?"


Venis: "Right. I haven't even introduced myself yet. I'm Venis."


Seth: "Venis...here. Why do you want to join the Smole?"


Venis: "To find out how to control time."
Seth: "...?"


Venis: "I'm serious. I come from the future. An alternate timeline where my whole world is in crisis. But I found a time portal. I found out it was being controlled by the Smole. So I spoke to one of them to get to join this season. I need to know how the Smole can control time so that I can go back in time and prevent disaster from ever happening to my world."


Seth: "O...kay...Can you help me ask what career level Cole is in?"


Gina: "Hi I'm Gina. I'm a 41 year old female who works in the forensic analyst career as a wiretap reader. I love rock and my favourite bands are The Plain White T's and Simple Plan."


Dotty: "Oh. I just happen to have a question about forensic analysis. You answered it for me. Thanks. I'm Dotty by the way."


Gina: "I know. I can't believe you're actually on the same season as me! Hottie graduated from Dribbledine, right?"


Dotty: "Yes he did."


Gina: "We're a great team. Do you have any questions about Seth? I can help you relay."
Dotty: "I don't but thank you for the offer."


Gina: "In that case, can you help me ask when Elise's mother died? Or what Sabrina's father accuses her of?"


Archibald: "I found out that woman's name is Dotty."
Sabrina: "What about the other woman with the red hair?"
Archibald: "I didn't ask. I need you to help me find out who is born in 1996."


Seth: "I realised everyone was focused on the question but not on the statues. We needed to break them all or our efforts would be in vain."


Seth: "Time to break the ice."


Seth: "Thwack!"


Seth: "Ow, my back."


Gina: "Do you need help?"
Seth: "Stand back!"


Venis: "Ready to rumble?"
Cole: "Ready to rumble."


Maurice: "I found out Archibald loves the heat, Sabrina doesn't like wearing dresses and the polka-dot woman's name is Dotty."
Elise: "So the woman all the way at that corner must be Gina."


Elise: "Thank you Maurice. I found out that Deborah has been married for 20 years and Cole likes to write songs. He's also visited Maryland, Oregon and...Kentucky. If I recall correctly."
Maurice: "Nice work. I'll let Sabrina know. Catch ya soon!"


Elise: "I guess I'll have to wait till the boys are done picking ice."


Deborah: "They didn't even plan properly. Now I'm stranded and unable to communicate with anyone."


Dotty: "I have a question for you from Gina. When did Elise's mother die and what does Sabrina accuse her father of?"
Archibald: "I happen to know both of them. Let's see. Her mother died during chiildbirth and Sabrina told me that she often accuses her father of destroying her family legacy."


Dotty: "The answer to Sabrina's question is that she accuses her father of destroying the family legacy, while Elise's mother died in childbirth."
Gina: "Princess Elise is 20, so that means the Queen died in 2002. Thanks Dotty. Can you also help me find out what is Maurice's surname and what career level Cole is in?"


Dotty: "Sure. Could you help me ask Seth what his favourite music and food is, and...and who comes from the future?"
Gina: "I would, but he's a little busy at the moment and we can't ask or answer questions while near the statues..."


Venis: "We're almost there!"


Venis: "Hy.."


Venis: "HYAA!"


Cole: "WOO! I'm all pumped up now."


Cole: "Good job, Venis."
Venis: "You're not so shabby yourself."


Deborah: "Good. That statue is finally broken. NOW COME BACK!"


Venis: "You go. I'll find Seth."


Venis: "Seth, do you need help?"
Seth: "No! I'm fine..just taking a rest."


Venis: "Let me help you."
Seth: "I can manage."
Venis: "You can't do this alone. Cole and I needed to work together to destroy the statue."


Cole: "Who can run the fastest, what did Elise buy for her father's birthday, when was Sabrina born and who is a man, am I right?"
Deborah: "No! Nevermind, just remember the first lot of questions: Who can run the fastest? Who stays at Downtown Avenue? What did Elise's father buy for her 6th birthday?"


Maurice: "I'm the fastest runner without a doubt. They don't call me Supersonic for nothing."
Elise: "I don't doubt it."


Dotty: "I stay at Downtown Avenue."


Elise: "He bought me this necklace. He said it was very important that I keep it with me at all times. It's a reminder of the times we had and how he told me I had to stay strong...if only I remember what happened to him."



Sabrina: "I'm born in October. I have another question. What kind of movies does Deborah like most?"


Maurice: "Deborah's favourite movie. Got it. But where's my answer about who has the worst vision? Did you even pass it on?"
Sabrina: "Of course I did."
Maurice: "Sus. Maybe I should pass it to Elise again instead."


Sabrina: "I think you need to start breaking the ice, Maurice. We only have 10 minutes left."


Venis: "There we go. Two down, two to go."


Venis: "Gee, not even a thanks."


Elise: "It's me. Sabrina is always going against me in the royal court."
Cole: "Damn, what's that girl thinking?"


Venis: "Towards the end I saw some weird things. For example I heard repeated questions. Seth took a long time destroying the ice. Deborah didn't want to answer the question on her first love."


Venis: "Are you sure you don't want to answer the question?"
Deborah: "I have completely written that scum out of my memory. Now you go there and ask what Gina's favourite book genre is and who wants to be more of a man."


Gina: "When did you...erm...you know...do that?"
Dotty: "I am so not answering that question."
Gina: "Yeah it was weird of me to ask too. But I'm not the one who wants to know, I swear!"


Sabrina: "Why won't you break?"


Maurice: "I should train my upper body strength more."


Cole: "What's Gina's record for losing her glasses?"


Seth: "Venis wanted me to ask if you can dance and...I can't remember what else."
Gina: "Is it sing and act? Because that's Dotty."


Dotty: "Seth likes fish and chips."


Venis: "Maurice needs help."
"Time is up."


Venis: "Damn it!"


"In total, 61 questions have been answered correctly. However, two statues are still standing tall under the sun, so the points will be halved to 30.5, rounded up to 31/100 points. It's not great, but hopefully you have gotten to know your fellow competitors better, because that's what's most important in this game."


Maurice: "It's a pleasant surprise that I managed to guess some of my questions correctly. It also pays off to just go with your gut and fill in all questions beforehand because I kinda forgot all about the questions at the end. No time for that, y'know?"


The group's effort did not translate to results in the first mission. Is it communication breakdown or the work of the Mole? And how will this newfound information affect the contestants?

*
*
*

Venis
1. What ethnicity is Cole? (Indian-American)
2. Who has a tense relationship with his mother? (Seth)
3.  Who has the highest skill in piano? (Gina -4) [Venis left it blank]
4. What is the name of Deborah's first love? (Arthur) [Venis left it blank]
5. Who enjoys fishing? (Venis)
6. What is Dotty's breakout role? (Curley's wife in Of Mice and Men) [Venis left it blank]
7. Who worked with the King of Soleunda? (Archibald) [Venis left it blank]
8. Who moved town upon graduation? (Maurice) [Venis left it blank]
9. Whose house has a throne room? (Elise)
10. Who can dance, paint and play the violin? (Sabrina) [Venis left it blank]

Deborah
1. Who can run the fastest? (Maurice)
2. Who stays at Downtown Avenue? (Dotty)
3. Who is a master in advanced technology? (Venis)
4. What did Elise's father buy for her 6th birthday? (A necklace)
5. In which month was Sabrina born? (October)
6. Which contestant is the most frugal? (Archibald) [Deborah answered: Deborah]
7. Which contestant wants to be more manly? (Seth)
8. What is Gina's favourite book genre? (Mystery) [Deborah answered: Romantic comedies]
9. Who lives in Stonewall Stretto? (Cole)
10. Who visits the hairstylist on Thursdays only? (Deborah)

Cole
1. What is Archibald's favourite food? (Life fruit pancakes) [Cole answered: Hot dogs]
2. Whose natural hair colour is an unnatural colour? (Venis)
3. What gemstone does Elise have at home? (Sunstone)
4. Who does Sabrina dislike most? (Elise)
5. Who currently lives with his boss? (Cole) [Cole answered Seth]
6. Why did Seth pick up gardening? (Because of his neighbour Belle) [Cole answered: To win his girlfriend's heart]
7. At which age did Dotty receive her first kiss? (12) [Cole answered: 14]
8. Who works in the education sector? (Deborah)
9.What is Maurice's nickname? (Supersonic)
10. What is Gina's record for losing her glasses? (7 times in one day) [Cole answered: 27]

Elise
1. Who comes from the future? (Venis) [Elise left it blank]
2. Which contestant is a coward? (Gina) [Elise left it blank]
3. How many sons does Deborah have? (0)
4. What are Cole's traits? (Slob, flirty, commitment issues, virtuoso, ambitious) [Elise answered: ambitious, virtuoso]
5. Which female contestant's favourite colour is red? (Dotty)
6. Who dislikes wearing dresses? (Sabrina) [Elise answered: Gina]
7. How did Maurice get his current job? (Through a scholarship)
8. Apart from Venis, who likes sea foam? (Elise)
9. Which contestant loves the heat? (Archibald)
10. Who dislikes eating? (Seth) [Elise left it blank]

Maurice
1. Which contestant has the worst vision? (Gina) 
2. How old is Archibald? (95)
3. What is Maurice's biggest weakness? (Water)
4. Which contestant got married at work? (Dotty on a movie set)
5. How long has Deborah been married for? (20 years)
6. Name three US states Cole has visited. (Oregon, Kentucky, Maryland)
7. Who has never cried for the past 10 years? (Elise)
8. Who knows how to ride horses? (Sabrina)
9. Whose favourite game is The Humans? (Seth) [Maurice answered: Gina]
10. Why did Venis join law enforcement? (To bring about justice and peace) [Maurice answered: The uniform looks cool]

Sabrina
1. Who is divorced? (Deborah)
2. Who writes songs? (Cole)
3. What is Seth's favourite type of music? (French) [Sabrina answered: Classical]
4. Whose listed birthday is technically incorrect? (Venis) [Sabrina answered: Archibald]
5. What is Archibald's Chinese zodiac sign? (Rabbit) [Sabrina left it blank]
6. Who is unstable? (Elise) [Sabrina answered: Gina]
7. What does Gina's roommate work as? (CEO)
8. What are 3 of Dotty's hobbies? (Singing, acting, dancing)
9. Who likes aqua? (Sabrina)
10. Who has a Level 2 in guitar skill? (Maurice)

Archibald
1. Which contestant is a social butterfly? (Dotty)
2. Which contestant has the most children? (Deborah -3)
3. What does Sabrina often accuse her father of? (Causing the fall of their legacy)
4. What is Seth's favourite food? (Fish and chips)
5. Which contestant has the earliest birth month? (Gina) [Archibald answered: Archibald]
6. Who is an athlete? (Maurice) [Archibald left it blank]
7. Who shares a birth year with Dotty? (Cole) [Archibald left it blank]
8. Who has never stepped foot in a hospital? (Archibald)
9. Who are Venis's neighbours? (The Guidos) [Archibald left it blank]
10. Which contestant likes poetry? (Elise) [Archibald left it blank]

Dotty
1. Who is a supernatural skeptic? (Sabrina)
2. What is Elise's favourite food? (Egg rolls)
3. What is Archibald's favourite colour? (Blue)
4. Who works in the forensic analyst career? (Gina)
5. Who are Maurice's roommates? (Miles Prower, Amy Rose, Thomas Knuckles) [Dotty answered: Milo and Amy]
6. Why is Venis able to lift things so easily? (Pyrokinesis) [Dotty left it blank]
7. Which contestant loves pink? (Deborah) [Dotty left it blank]
8. Which contestant is a loser? (Seth)
9. What are Dotty's favourite patterns? (Polka dots)
10. How many girlfriends has Cole had? (4) [Dotty left it blank]

Gina
1. When did Elise's mother die? (During childbirth) [Gina answered: 2002, when giving birth to Elise]
2. What does Sabrina's father often accuse her of? (Pandering to Eunda) [Gina answered: Destroying the family legacy]
3. Whose partner graduated from Dribbledine Sports Academy? (Dotty)
4. Who likes anime? (Maurice)
5. What is Seth's horoscope? (Leo)
6. What kind of movies does Deborah love most? (Zombie flicks) [Gina answered: Historical films]
7. What does Venis's roommate think is Venis's biggest flaw? (Too trusting/gullible) 
8. What is Cole's horoscope? (Virgo) [Gina answered: Leo]
9. Whose grandparents are of German descent? (Gina)
10. Who has stolen in his youth? (Archibald) [Gina answered: Maurice]

Seth
1. What does Seth love most? (Freedom)
2. What is Maurice's surname? (Wentworth)
3. What career level is Cole in? (2)
4. What did Archibald want to do when he was younger? (Be a disciple of the sun temple)
5. Who is Elise's greatest confidant? (Anna Lady) [Seth left it blank]
6. What is Gina's favourite music genre? (Rock)
7. What does Sabrina want most? (To restore family glory)
8. Why did Venis join the Smole? (To find out how to control time to save his future)
9. What is Deborah's most beloved gift? (A necklace) [Seth left it blank]
10. Which year is Dotty born in? (1996)







1 comment:

  1. Sorry, Venis should know telekinesis, not pyrokinesis

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!