Saturday 14 May 2022

52.05-Hey Buster

 


The last time on the Smole, the contestants had to either rewrite Lady Gaga songs with wrong lyrics or identify them. Ultimately, only 10 bonus points were earned to make the pot 41/100 points so far. Venis and Sabrina were highly suspected by the group and both survived, but it was the next critical Sim Cole who was executed. Only eight contestants remain. Which one of them is the Mole?

*
*
*


Sabrina: "I'm not surprised that Venis and I were the critical Sims. We were the only ones who didn't earn points with our song. The fact that both of us survived means I'm on the right track."

*
*
*


Seth: "Nobody's tending to these plants. The caretakers aren't allowed on castle premises during the whole filming."


Venis: "Seth, are you gardening? Do you need help?"


Seth: "I thought I could get peace and quiet."


Venis: "I'll take that as a yes, then."


Seth: "..."
Venis: "..."


Venis: "It's nice to enjoy the silence, isn't it?"
Seth: "Yes it is."


Venis: "I haven't felt this at peace in a long while."


Seth: "...Really? I'm stressed. I don't want to go home. Every execution is heart-thumping."


Venis: "The whole reason I came to Soleunda was to find out how to stop disaster from striking my future. I've been so focused on it that I never really stopped to appreciate everything. And how...nice everything is in the present."
Seth: "What happened?"


Venis: "I don't know. I barely remember what happened. I was only a child then. But there's a darkness that's destroying the world, causing death and destruction everywhere. The oceans have dried up and meteors rain down instead of raindrops. Everyone lives in fear. I had to do something to save the world and protect everyone. Blaze and I."
Seth: "You're like a real-life hero."


Venis: "Being a hero isn't all that fun. It comes with a lot of responsibility. Every time we defeat the darkness it comes back again. The only way to defeat it for good is to nip it in the bud."
Seth: "You think the bud is here?"


Venis: "A little birdie told me to watch out for the one who celebrates in destruction. For someone like me, yet not at all. When I came to Soleunda, I felt a strange force. My gut tells me this is the place. This is the world where water is treated as the devil. The reason why water ceases to exist in the future must stem from here. And something tells me that the trigger, the cause of it all, is right here on the Smole."



Venis: "I know it's hard to believe."
Seth: "I believe you. No matter what, I think your life is more exciting than mine."

Venis: "You want to be a hero?"
Seth: "I know it's silly, and maybe I watch too many TV shows, but...sometimes I like to fantasise that's I'm the protagonist of my own story. That I'm a hero. At least I'll have a purpose."
Venis: "Trust me. I rather be in your shoes, not having a care in the world."

*
*
*


Seth: "Ungh..."


Sabrina: "How did I get here?"


Deborah: "Where am I?"
Sabrina: "Jail, clearly."


Dotty: "There is a note on the wall. The Mole has given you 20 points."


Seth: "The Mole has given me 30 points."


Archibald: "I have 10 points."
Sabrina: "I have 50."


Deborah: "I have 10 as well. I'm going to use the toilet."
Sabrina: "You dare to use the toilet here?"


Seth: "We need to escape."
Dotty: "Yes, you're right. There must be clues around here."


Deborah: "There is a timer in the toilet. It's currently at 84 minutes."


Seth: "That's the time we have left to escape."
Dotty: "Was there anything in the toilet?"
Deborah: "Other than the timer, no."
Sabrina: "I'll check again."
Deborah: "What blatant distrust."


Seth: "Where are Elise, Maurice and Venis?"


Archibald: "They could have the code for us to get out. We need a code."


Dotty: "A plant on the floor...what could that mean?"


Seth: "Something useful must be on here. 'Prices have doubled for the following: 
Celery: U.P. 2000 Simoleons
Leek: U.P. 1400 Simoleons
Red wine: U.P. 20000 Simoleons
Uncle Bob's Special Mix: 10324 Simoleons
Life Fruit Basket: 30000 Simoleons
Breakfast Set: 4000 Simoleons'"
Dotty: "Those are weird prices."


Deborah: "Is anyone strong enough to pry this bar?"


Archibald: "Too bad this is plastic or I could cut the bars."


Seth: "I think we should be focusing on clues rather than brute force. Who is Uncle Bob?"


Dotty: "I don't think the name is important."


Seth: "There's something underneath. It looks like an autograph...Hannah?"


Sabrina: "Hannah? This poster is for the movie Looking for Hannah."


Seth: "We found Hannah. Now what?"
Dotty: "It's a dead end."
Deborah: "I'm at my wits' end. I think most of the items here are red herrings."
Dotty: "Don't give up! There are 5 of us. 5 heads are better than 1."


Sabrina: "We have 67 minutes left."



Archibald: "My back isn't what it used to be. All I did was kneel down and search under the bed."


Seth: "Hmm."


Seth: "There's a raise outside the floor."


Deborah: "Graggh!"


Deborah: "GRAAAGH!"


Dotty: "Are you okay?"


Deborah: "I'm. Fine."


Dotty: "Gulp. Okay. Maybe you should take a rest, Deborah."
Sabrina: "Let's convene."


Sabrina: "What do we know?"
Dotty: "We found Hannah but we have no idea who it is. Bob too."
Archibald: "There's nothing hidden under the other beds or behind the tapestries."
Seth: "What happened to the teddy bear?"
Deborah: "It was useless anyway."
Sabrina: "Our best lead is Hannah and Bob. What do they have in common?"


Seth: "Err...I saw a weird symbol outside."


Sabrina: "And you only tell us now?"


Sabrina: "What is that?"


Dotty: "Oh! This reminds me of the mirror. When I was looking in the mirror I saw double of the menu. So if we assume that this is a double..."


Sabrina: "Just like Hannah and Bob, if you place a mirror right in the centre of the words. It's worth a shot."


Sabrina: "I'll try 5. Incorrect."
Dotty: "How about 2?"
Sabrina: "Still wrong."


Archibald: "Can't you get it right?"
Sabrina: "Excuse me?"


Seth: "The menu also said double, the mirror shows double. What if everything is doubled?"
Deborah: "Can't you say everything all at once?"


Sabrina: "I'll try 22...yes!"


Dotty: "We escaped!"


Dotty: "Or not?"


Dotty: "Congratulations on breaking out of prison. However, you're not out of the woods yet. In this maze are exemptions that you can try and attain as long as you make it out in time. However, each of you that escapes will not earn the points, in essence robbing the pot of these possible points."


The wardens are here to safeguard national interest and the points. If they catch a robber, the robber must return to the cell. If all the robbers escape, however, a 20 point fine will be imposed on the pot for doing a bad job.


Along the way, the police can complete tasks to earn bonus points, negate a thief's exemption or reclaim points from the thief, in essence ensuring that amount enters the pot. The thieves can also complete tasks to earn themselves an exemption.


Venis: "The alarm has gone off. It's time."

*
*
*

Venis: "I take my job very seriously. The three of us were entrusted with this responsibility for being the only good Sims in the cast. My goal is to stop any of the points out of the pot."

*
*
*





Elise: "Maurice, you missed a task!"


For this task, the contestants have to identify the location shown in the VR goggles. Elise can negate a random contestant's exemption if she is successful."


Elise: "Where is this?"


Elise: "I don't recognise the words but it looks like the English alphabet. Is it London?"
"Incorrect. It is Helsinki."


Seth: "Which way should I go? It looks like a dead end that way."


Dotty: "Sorry flamingo!"


Venis: "Why is there a swimming sign here?"


Maurice: "You're not escaping."


Deborah: "There's a secret gate here."


Maurice: "Gotcha. You can't outrun Supersonic."


Sabrina: "No!"


Deborah: "I hope he's busy with Sabrina."


Deborah: "It's a dead end."


Maurice: "Hey Buster. Back into the cell you go."


Archibald: "Dead end."


For this task, the robbers have to get the highest score when they escape to earn the exemption. The police have to beat the high score to negate the highest scorer's exemption.


Venis: "The high score is 0. I'll get a high score so high nobody can beat it."


Seth: "I have to light the suns in the order of the rainbow. Oh wait, this isn't for me. It's for the police."


Seth: "She's busy."


Seth: "The robbers have to sit here for 1 minute to get an exemption. The police have to sit here for 1 minute to get 5 bonus points."


Seth: "I hope nobody comes here."


Sabrina: "You got the 5 minute timeout too?"


Dotty: "Oh fu...far, far away I must go."


Archibald: "This is so confusing. I'm glad I never gave in back then."


Elise: "Stop!"
Archibald: "Leave an old man alone."


Elise: "Back to the cell you go."
Archibald: "To hell with you and your whole lineage."
Elise: "That's a bit extreme."


The police have to do 20 push-ups to get 5 bonus points.


Maurice: "...18, 19, 20! Easy 5 points."


Archibald: "Elise just caught me and I hear Maurice on the other side. We're trapped."
Sabrina: "And my timeout is over too. I need to slip past."


Elise: "Oh, I can steal 5 points from a contestant of my choice if I keep the ball off the ground 10 times consecutively.


Elise: "1, 2..."


Elise: "Sabrina! But I'm indisposed..."


Venis: "That score should be high enough."


Seth: "My 1 minute is up."


Seth: "I have to make a break for it."
Venis: "I see Elise is busy with a task."


Seth: "I see the exit!"


Seth: "I'm out!"


Venis: "This is so simple. Why has nobody done this?"


Elise: "Maybe I should give this up...one more try."




Dotty: "This is Venice."
"That is correct."
Dotty: "Yes! I got an exemption!"


Dotty: "This is an easy one."


Deborah: "I just need to identify the city from the view? This shouldn't be too hard."


Venis: "She'll never see me coming."


Venis: "You're out. Go back to your cell."
Deborah: "GGRAAGH!"
Venis: "Ow! You didn't have to hit me! I was just doing my job."

*
*
*


Elise: "What surprised me the most in this mission is how all the robbers were willing to sacrifice points to get an exemption."

*
*
*


Sabrina: "Almost there..."


Sabrina: "Venis's high score is too hard to beat."


Maurice: "Is this the femur?"
"Incorrect."
Maurice: "Bummer. And this was the only task that we could only do once."


Elise: "10!"
"Elise, please choose 5 points to steal from. You may not steal from Seth and Dotty."
Elise: "They already escaped? Then I pick Sabrina."


Elise: "Archibald! Stop right there!"


Archibald: "Wait, before you catch me, have you ever thought that you're being lied to? Remember what happened yesterday at the show?"


Elise: "I don't think they'll pull the same trick twice. Please go back in."


Venis: "This is taking forever."


Maurice: "Why are you just lazing around here?"
Venis: "I'm trying to earn bonus points here."
Maurice: "It's only 5 points. Go do something better."

*
*
*


Deborah: "We had less than 5 minutes left. The compound wasn't that large and Archibald and I aren't that fast, so we kept getting sent back to the cell. The final time I was sent back I knew it was game over."

*
*
*



Maurice: "We just need to wait for time to be up. You should consider being a full-time cop, Elise."


Elise: "You flatter me. You make a better cop. You're faster and you saved me once."
Maurice: "No big deal."


Elise: "It's a very big deal to me, Maurice. Thank you."
Maurice: "You've thanked me over and over again."


Maurice: "Shall we, y'know, get together?"
Elise: "Oh! Well...erm...don't you have a girlfriend?"
Maurice: "Huh? Oh, I meant as a coalition, silly."
Elise: "Oh. In that case I'd be honoured to."


Venis: "This is Cape Town."
"Correct."


"Sabrina, your exemption has been stolen."
Sabrina: "WHAT?"


Sabrina: "I was so close to the exit too!"
"With that, the time is up. Only Seth and Dotty escaped, so that means their 50 points cannot be earned."


"5 bonus points were earned by Venis for sitting patiently for one minute."


"No bonus points are earned with the suns as they are not coloured in the order of the rainbow."


"No bonus points are earned with the anatomy question either."


"Maurice did 10 pushups 4 times and Venis did it once, thus earning an extra 25 bonus points. Overall, 100/120 points have been earned in this mission and the pot now stands at 141/220 points."


The group managed to salvage the loss of Seth and Dotty's points with the bonus points. Dotty and Seth will not be going home in the next episode but who will? And who is the Mole?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!