Friday 26 June 2015

19.19-Hey! What a cliffhanger!




Very soon, all will be revealed. When 14 contestants shrunk to 4, Leonard Windsor knew he was next to kick the bucket, so he didn’t even try to win points in the last mission, earning 5/20 points, with that 5 points from Sue, causing the pot to reach 480/1000 points. With Sue May, Becky Beaker-Baker Barker-Becker and Gretchen Hertfordshire left, which of these manipulative women will win? More importantly, who is the Mole?


“Everybody gather!”

***

“Congratulations you ladies. You made it to the final three. Your pot currently stands at 480/1000, which is not looking good for the winner. However, this last mission may change things. You get a chance to earn 100 bonus points, all or none. You will play ‘Mastermind’. More will be explained when you get there.”
Gretchen: “Hey! What a cliffhanger!”


 
Who will win?


Gretchen: “Don’t screw this up, Becky.”
Becky: “…”
Sue: “Oh how stressful! Okay, let’s go.”

***


“This is the wall. Lights like this are all over the wall, as you can see. The three lights all the way at the top are what you need to guess. You have ten tries to guess each light’s colour correctly. On the left are lights to guide you. When you have a light of the correct colour but wrong position, the light will be white. If you got the colour and position right, the light will turn blue. If you got them both wrong, the light will turn off. Good luck.”
 

Becky: “Hmm…”
Gretchen: “I say we go with cyan, magenta, red.”


The wall is walled to see the colours better.


One colour is correct, but in the wrong position.


 
Sue: “Becky, what do you think we should try next?”
Gretchen: “This will not end well, Sue.”
Becky: “…cyan…blue…purple.”


I always wondered why purple looked like pink and why pink looked like white.


Gretchen: “All lights are wrong! We shouldn’t have trusted her! Now we wasted a chance!”


 
Sue: “Well what do you think should be the correct combo?”
Gretchen: “Magenta, green and pink!”


One colour is right, but in the wrong position.


Gretchen: “See? She’s useless. I’m better. I think it’s blue, magenta, purple!”


All colours are wong.
 
Becky: “…Lousy.”
Sue: “Are you trying to jeopardise our chances, Gretchen? There’s no need to Mole around now.”
Gretchen: “Well, sorrreeee for trying. Why not you give it a go if you think it’s so easy?”
Sue: “I just might. Pink, Green, Red.”


Two colours are right, but in the wrong positions.


Gretchen: “Yeah, yeah, whatever.”
Sue: “Green , pink and red!”


Two colours are correct, but in the wrong positions.


Gretchen: “We’re that close already. We’re going to lose.”
Becky: “…Be systematic.”
Sue: “Fine, Becky. You do it.”

Becky: “…magenta,red, green.”
Two colours are correct, one is in the correct position.
Gretchen: “Clearly magenta is wrong! What’s wrong with you, you idiot?”


Becky: “…let me try again…”
Gretchen: “I say, go and fly kites.”
Sue: “We’ll let her try.”
Gretchen: “You seem to want to lose the points badly. Look at how close we are to the top!”


Becky: “…Green, green….green.”
Gretchen: “See what she’s done? You b****, don’t make me slap you on live television!”


One colour is correct and in the right position.


Sue: “Alright, stop fighting you two.”
Becky: “…analyse…”
Gretchen: “Don’t listen to that b****, Sue, unless you’re one too.”
Sue: “Excuse me!?”
Gretchen: “You heard me.”
Becky: “Don’t fight…”
Sue: “…I’ll settle this with you later, Gretchen Hertfordshire. I’ll finish this first. So green is definitely in. If we look at the wall green is correct in…the last light. Red is probably in the first then. What colour haven’t we tried yet…”
Gretchen: “Yellow? Red, yellow, green.”


Sue: “Very funny, locking in the answers without discussion.”


“The answer is indeed: red, yellow, green! Congratulations! 100 bonus points have been earned! This makes the pot now 580/1000! The Mole lost but it’s a narrow margin. Both sides did well this season!”

 ***


Gretchen: “Don’t shake that booty, you sl**. What horrid taste in music you have.”


 
Sue: “Becky, Becky, Becky…we all know who the evil one is here.”
Becky: “…you…?”
Gretchen: “Can’t say I didn’t laugh. I’m stuck here with the two I dislike the most. It’ll be interesting to see you kill each other, leaving me as the sole victor. Toodles!”

***


Sue: “Gretchen.”
Gretchen: “What.”


Sue: “So, you think Becky is the Mole?”
Gretchen: “And I’m telling you because?”
Sue: “Because we’re in a coalition.”
Gretchen: “Hmph. Yes. Always believed so.”
Sue: “Really? Honestly, I don’t think she’s the Mole. If I did, why would I tell everyone to choose her?”
Gretchen: “Because you didn’t think she was the Mole.”
Sue: “Ha. I’m smarter than you, you know. I solved that last mission. I am the mastermind here. Even so, I’d like a little challenge. You know, so the gap isn’t that wide.”
Gretchen: “What?”
Sue: “I’ll fill you in on something. I peeked in Becky’s journal. She actually has her suspicions recorded down. Very detailed. And turns out she’s been saying I’m the Mole since the start of time!”
Gretchen: “Why are you telling me this?”
Sue: “Because I’ve been so supportive of you that I went against Becky, who I think is more of my calibre than you. I really don’t want you to lose…that badly.”
Gretchen: “…what game are you trying to play here, Sue May…”
Sue: “The Mole. Just mull over it and see if you’d rather lose to me or to her.”
Gretchen: “Don’t be so cocky. We don’t know anything yet.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!