Friday 9 September 2022

53.14-Dumb and dirty




The latest mission failed to bring in 95 points for the pot, leading to 301/740 points. There were some infected Sims spread out among two rooms and Heidi and Hugo had to complete tasks to get symptoms while the rest segregated the healthy from the sick. Unfortunately, one mistake cost them the whole 95 points. Was it the work of the Mole? Who is the Mole?


Heidi: "Are you sure you don't have to isolate?"
Celine: "Nope. Bonita and I are the only two infected so as long as we don't end up in a situation where me, her and someone else is in the same room we'll be fine."
Heidi: "They sent the other infected Sims for treatment. Why didn't they send Bonita and you?"
Celine: "Our symptoms are ok, not as severe.  "


Celine: "It takes a day for the symptoms to go away for mild infections according to them."


Celine: "I can't believe Cleon though. He was the one who made the call that the green woman was healthy."
Heidi: "Didn't any of you check?'
Celine: "We trusted him too much."


Heidi: "Hugo didn't do very well either. He took very long to get the first symptom and couldn't get the next one."
Celine: "Ok."


Heidi: "I've got to report this to the management when I return to work. I can't believe there's a new disease with such absurd symptoms."
Celine: "I said I'll be fine. Barbara told me to take some chamomile tea. It may help."
Barbara: "Don't listen to her."


Celine: "Why not?"
Heidi: "It's not scientific. It's a new disease so we don't understand it fully yet. Believe in science, not old wives' tales."

*
*
*


Bonita: "I thought you said the lady was fine."
Cleon: "She seemed fine. We weren't careful enough."


Cleon: "You didn't help to verify either."
Bonita: "We all believed you."
Cleon: "She didn't display any of the symptoms we know."
Bonita: "There weren't enough symptoms for us to identify accurately who the infected Sims were."


Cleon: "The sunset is beautiful."
Bonita: "Si."


Bonita: "Do you watch the sunset a lot?"
Cleon: "Not really. I don't remember the last time I watched it. I'm more of an indoors guy."


Bonita: "I try to watch the sunset as often as I can with my hijo. I want us to build a good relationship."


Cleon: "That's good. I think my relationship with my parents is tense."
Bonita: "Why?"


Cleon: "I guess it boils down to the fact that they keep treating me like a child. I don't feel like I have a lot of freedom. They want to make all the choices related to my life."


Bonita: "You are not a parent. You do not understand how parents feel."
Cleon: "I know, I know. My relationship with them isn't bad per se, but I keep giving in to them. At least, over here, if I fall, it's because of my own doing."


Cleon: "Here's a piece of advice for you. Let your son make his own choices and his own mistakes."
Bonita: "But then he will suffer more than he should."
Cleon: "He'll learn. Mistakes are great teaching opportunities."


Bonita: "You're right. He was a mistake, but I turned him into an opportunity."


Cleon: "Come again?"
Bonita: "Nothing. Enjoy the sunset."

*
*
*


Hugo: "Barbara, I think I remember my past."
Barbara: "That's wonderful. Do you want to talk about it?"
Hugo: "No. It's not wonderful at all."


Hugo: "I shouldn't have gotten curious. Curiosity killed the cat."
Barbara: "But satisfaction brought it back. At the very least you know the truth."


Hugo: "I don't know how to live with myself after finding out the truth. I wasn't even doing it out of desperation. I only agreed to deal with...stuff because of my friend."


Barbara: "It's not too late to make amends."


Hugo: "How? My friend is dead and the girl...I don't even know where she is. She's stopped coming ever since I landed in hospital."


Barbara: "Are you continuing the same trade?"
Hugo: "No. I was out of a job for these couple of months, living by my savings."
Barbara: "Then you made a good start."


Barbara: "Nobody is just good or bad. And like I said before, your past doesn't define you. It's how you learn from it to shape your life into something better that's important."


Hugo: "I know you're right. But my damn heart just won't listen. I feel like there's still something I'm missing, but I'm scared to find out what it is. It could be worse than what I already know."


Barbara: "Living in fear of the unknown is the scariest thing. Hugo, if your heart wants to know the whole truth, then listen to it. And if you find that it's something you can't quite process, I'm always open to talk about it."


Hugo: "Thanks Barbara."
Barbara: "No, thank you for giving me a chance to help you while I can. I may not always offer the best advice or the right advice, but I hope that whatever I've said has been useful."


*
*
*


Celine: "Oh my god, the Prime Minister of Japan was assassinated?"


Bonita: "What are you doing in my room?"
Celine: "I just wanted to know if you saw my pencil."
Bonita: "I didn't."


Celine: "I told you. I told all of you! Eating vegetables is bad luck."
Bonita: "It's just a coincidence."


Celine: "Oh yeah? I'll show you."


Bonita: "Oh. They restocked the fridge."


Bonita: "Nothing bad is happening."
Celine: "Just wait. I'm going to eat a lot at one go."


News Reporter: "Breaking news: A man has suddenly fallen out of a window from Highland Skyscraper and is desperately hanging on for dear life."


Bonita: "Oh no!"
Celine: "See?"
Bonita: "That is just a coincidence."


Celine: "Fine. I'll eat more."
Bystander: "We don't know what happened. All of a sudden he fell through...oh my god! Oh my god! He fell! It's like some sort of supernatural force pushed both his arms off!"
Bonita: "No!"


Bystander: "Oh my god! Another man is suddenly suspending off the skyscraper! Where did he come from?"
Bonita: "Okay, okay, stop eating! I believe you!"


Celine: "I told you. I recorded every single event that happened after I eat vegetables and events that happen when I don't. I even ran a regression test on it. The correlation coefficient was 0.96. It's not just a string of coincidences. "
Bonita: "Do you have a superpower?"
Celine: "More like a curse."


Bonita: "Can you control what happens?"
Celine: "I can't control what happens, but the more and I quicker I eat, the more severe and immediate the bad event. Trust me. I even got my parents to engage a team of data scientists to test this hypothesis."


News Reporter: "We just received the latest update. The first man has regrettably died on impact, but the second man managed to pull himself back through the window and into the building. He has made it safely to the bottom floor by elevator. The second man described it as a sudden unexplained force that threw him out, and then suddenly it stopped and he had the energy to pull himself back in. Let's hear more on the ground. Janet, over to you."


Bonita: "Unbelievable."
Celine: "You better believe it."

*
*
*


Heidi: "Barb, I'm thinking of adding Hugo as a suspect."
Barbara: "Why?"


Heidi: "Overall he has done some suspicious things. He was very slow in getting symptoms today for example. A few days ago he misled me into thinking he was the thief. And there was that other time Hugo chose an exemption over points."


Barbara: "Where do you rank him among our current suspects?"
Heidi: "Last."
Barbara: "Then I do not recommend including him."


Heidi: "You know how I operate. I always have half the group as my suspect pool to cover my bases."


Barbara: "But at this stage it's too risky."
Heidi: "What if he really is the Mole?"
Barbara: "You said that he was last among our current suspects."


Barbara: "I think you shouldn't get too hung up on the details. At final four, are you still going to insist on two suspects?"
Heidi: "Yes. Wasn't that what we agreed on early on?"


Barbara: "Things change, Heidi. I'm sorry, but I can't go along with that plan."
Heidi: "I won't force you then. But I hope you won't force me to abandon a potential suspect too."


Barbara: "I hope you made the right choice."
Heidi: "I'm confident. Last season's winner won by spreading in the final quiz, so what's a little spreading at final 6?"

*
*
*


Hugo: "Do you work out often?"
Cleon: "No. I don't know why I let you talk me into this."


Hugo: "It's good for your health. And you won't get a chance to use these equipment for free after today."
Cleon: "I can still afford a gym membership."


Cleon: "Sorry. That came out wrong."
Hugo: "It's fine."


Hugo: "I was just hoping to be able to forget everything for a moment. I miss not knowing a thing. Times were so much better back then."


Celine: "Ugh, ew. Didn't realise you were in here."


Cleon: "Yeah, times were much better back then."
Hugo: "What the hell happened to the two of you anyway? All I know is that you didn't want Wesley in your coalition but he's gone now."


Cleon: "Yaah!"
Hugo: "If you can't multitask then get off the treadmill first."


Cleon: "Good idea. Anyway, as I was about to say, it's more than just that. She's a manipulative liar. She's playing dumb and dirty."


Cleon: "So we broke up...I mean, off. We broke it off. I don't know why I'm so bothered by it to be frank. I know it's just a game, and in a game about deception there are bound to be a few tricks played here and there."
Hugo: "It sounds like you're in love."


Cleon: "No I'm not."
Hugo: "Then look me in the eye and say that."
Cleon: "I..."


Cleon: "But she's horrible."
Hugo: "I'm horrible too. But Barbara told me something earlier which makes a lot of sense to me. I shouldn't let the past define me. And if I'm truly horrible, then, well, it's time to start atoning for my sins."


Cleon: "She has a boyfriend."
Hugo: "Oh. That complicates things."


Hugo: "Afraid I can't help you there. I don't even remember if I've ever fallen in love. Literally anyone else would be in a better position to help you."


Hugo: "But if you want to hear it from a man's point of view, you either go for it and make your feelings known or you get her out of your mind for good."

*
*
*


Celine: "Why did you want all of us here? I have a quiz to prepare for and mosquitoes to avoid."
Barbara: "I called all of you over because I thought it's a good chance to really enjoy a campfire and last few moments as the final six. I just wanted to say that I'm so happy I joined and got to meet all of you."


Cleon: "Are you worried about being executed?"
Barbara: "Who isn't? But tonight is not about that. Tonight is about really cherishing the good times we have together."


Heidi: "Cheers to that. We have to checkout soon. Who knows when the next time we get to go camping will be?"


Bonita: "I am grateful to have formed a connection with all of you, some more deeply than others. It has truly been a privilege...excuse me, I am trying not to cry."


Hugo: "Coming here has been a journey. Slowly but surely, things are starting to make sense. But there are still many questions I have."


Barbara: "Let's not think about that tonight. Tonight, we shall just enjoy the time we have together and let the fire carry away all our worries."

*
*
*

It is time for the quiz. 10 questions about the actions and identity of the Mole. The lowest scorer will be executed.


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: Does the Mole wear high heels?
A: Yes
B: No


Q3: At Cvijet Campsite, who did the Mole room with?
A: Cleon Qwik
B: Heidi Pachiam-Boey
C: Barbara O'Reilly
D: Hugo Clemens
E: Bonita Perez
F: Celine Sea

Q4: In which room did the Mole spend the night at Cvijet Campsite?
A: Room 1
B: Room 2
C: Room 3


Q5: In Mission 7, what was the Mole initially doing?
A: Researching infectious diseases
B: Being isolated in a room


Q6: Where was the Mole at the end of Mission 7?
A: Room 1
B: Room 2
C: None of the above


Q7: Was the Mole infected at the end of Mission 7?
A: Yes
B: No

Q8: In Mission 7, did the Mole eat vegetables?
A: Yes
B: No


Q9: Which task did the Mole do in Mission 7?
A: Clean a urinal with urine
B: Play Tetris
C: None of the above

Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Cleon Qwik
B: Heidi Pachiam-Boey
C: Barbara O'Reilly
D: Hugo Clemens
E: Bonita Perez
F: Celine Sea

*
*
*


Tonight, the light of the lighthouse will guide the way for five contestants. Who will fail to be guided and be executed?




































































































































































































































































































Celine: "I see the lighthouse bay."
































































































































































































































































































































Bonita: "I should wear something more appropriate in the future."









































































































































































































































































































































































Cleon: "I'm safe."




















































































































































































































































































































































































































































Hugo: "I see them 'round the corner. I'm not executed."


Tonight, for the first time in a long while, a woman will be executed. Will it be Barbara O'Reilly?


Or will it be Heidi Pachiam-Boey?






















































































































































































































































































































































































































































Barbara: "I made it. I'm safe. Oh, but I see Heidi isn't."















Heidi: "I'm confused. This is just a slab of rock? Did I make a wrong turn?"
"No. You are at the right place. Unfortunately, you are the next to be executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Heidi: "Oh. That's a pity. I was quite confident of my answers. Oh well. You win some, you lose some. I'm happy to have gotten a chance to taken part in this season and got to meet amazing Sims and play wonderful missions. Thanks for having me."
"Thank you for joining Heidi. We hope to see you soon."


The Hawaiian anesthesiologist has been executed! Was Barbara right? Or is Barbara the Mole?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!