Monday 19 September 2022

53.17-Who? Me? Never.

 



The last time on the Smole, the final five had to identify songs from a series of sounds. 22/25 songs were identified, leading to 110/125 points to make the pot 411/865 points. Hugo finally regained his memory but in exchange, he lost his spot in the final four as he was executed. Who will be the next to be executed? Who is the Mole?


Cleon: "I'm in trouble. My two main suspects are still here in the game. One of them was the suspect Celine and I had when we were still together...in a coalition, I mean. The other suspect is the one I had after the coalition ended. I have to pick one. I hope the next mission will shed some light."

*
*
*


Bonita: "I wonder what we have to do today."
Celine: "Something to do with water. We were told to bring our swimsuits."


Barbara: "Look, a rainbow."

*
*
*


This mission is worth 75 points and spans 3 rounds. The first round is started off by Barbara and Celine who have received a question in Simlish.


Celine: "The question was: What is the national animal of Croatia? I should be on the lookout for keywords."


Celine will then waterski around town, on the look out for translations of words to Croatian. Bonita, who is driving for 15 minutes, is not aware of the question. 


Celine: "Slow down Bonita!"


Celine: "Can we get closer? I think I see something behind that tree."


Celine: "Aah! Water got into my eye!"


Celine: "I see Životin..."


Celine: "Aah! I didn't finish reading the sign! Ugh, she can't hear me."


Celine: "Stop speeding!"


Bonita: "The time is up."
Celine: "Ew, I think I got water in my mouth. Ugh, whatever. Let's just head back."


Barbara: "Celine is back."
Celine: "I only managed to see Zivon, whatever that means."
Cleon: "Sheesh. Your question wasn't just one word right?"
Celine: "That's all we got. Now let's go find some locals."


Celine, along with Barbara and Cleon, have one hour to ask around town and get an answer in Croatian which they think is correct. Within that hour, Bonita must also be able to boat around Plavi Raj to find translations and give the correct answer in Simlish to earn 25 points.


Cleon: "Let's go to the bar. They must surely speak Simlish and Croatian."
Barbara: "They are only allowed to speak Croatian to us."


Barbara: "Why not we go to the church instead? It's Sunday morning. They must have Sunday mass."


Celine: "Erm, Zivon?"
Bryon: "Ha?"
Cleon: "Zivon?"
Bryon: "Ne razumijem."


Cleon: "Ne Rahumiem. That must be our answer."
Celine: "He looks confused. I think he's just saying he doesn't understand."


Barbara: "Let's try the next bartender."


Celine: "Zivon?"
Cheyenne: "Ha?"
Barbara: "I think the pronunciation is off."
Celine: "Zivon? Zivonin?"


Cheyenne: "Životin?"
Barbara: "Ya. ya."
Cheyenne: "Koja životin? Nacionalni živoinja?"


Celine: "That sounds like 'national'. Ya, nacionalni."
Cheyenne: "To je kuna borovina."
Cleon: "What? Can you repeat that?"


Cheyenne: "Kuna Borova."
Barbara: "Kuna bofofa."
Cheyenne: "Da. Europski."
Cleon: "Eruopski?"
Celine: "Is that Europe? It's a European animal."


Cleon: "Cleon to Bonita. Cleon to Bonita."
Bonita: "I am listening."
Cleon: "Kuna Bofofa. Eruopski. Got that?"
Bonita: "Yes."
Cleon: "Can you repeat it?"
Bonita: "Kuna bofofa europski."


Bonita: "That's a different word."


Bonita: "That's kuna...and it means pine? The question must be about plants."


Bonita: "I cannot find bofofa anywhere. I did see borova which means marten. But where is eruopski?"


Bonita: "I only have 5 minutes left. I'll just give an answer. Is the answer pine marten?"
"That is correct."


Bonita: "This is Bonita. I have given the correct answer."
Cleon: "Good job. Meet you at our next location."

*
*
*


Bonita: "What does this place's name mean? Do they mean the port?"
Barbara: "Maybe it's the whole area of Plavi Raj. Otherwise, when we ask the locals wherever they are it won't make sense."


Cleon: "Are you ready Barbara?"
Barbara: "Coming!"


Cleon: "Here I go."


Barbara: "My children told me to try everything. I'm so glad I'm doing this right now."


Barbara: "I see 'name=ime'. That's easy to remember."


Bonita: "It's as if she's done this before."


Barbara: "I can't see!"


Barbara: "Wait, there's a sign on the top of the boat! 'What' translates to 'Što'. The question is how do I pronounce it?"

*
*
*


Barbara: "I was enjoying myself too much that I momentarily forgot that I was on a mission. Before I knew it 15 minutes was over. I must have missed a lot of words."


Barbara: "I feel bad."
Cleon: "Let's just head back."


Barbara: "I have two words. The first is 'ime'. The second is 'sto' but there is a carat on the 's'."
Bonita: "Carrot?"
Celine: "The angry face. Let's not waste time."

*
*
*


Bonita: "We haven't seen anyone yet. Is this a ghost town?"
Barbara: "Let's not get frustrated. Maybe we should ring some doorbells. They could be at home."


Celine: "Let's try that house there."


Celine: "Hello. Sto ime?"
Adira: "Ne razumijem."
Celine: "Yup, that definitely means 'I don't know'."


Bonita: "You did not wait for us."
Celine: "There wasn't time. I tried Sto ime but she doesn't understand."


Barbara: "Try a different way of saying it."
Celine: "Shtoe emay?"


Adria: "Adria."
Bonita: "We just asked her what her name is."
Barbara: "That makes sense given our question. Try adding Plavi Raj.'


Bonita: "I hope you know what you are doing."
Celine: "Shtoe emay Plavi Raj?"
Adria: "Mislite kako je Plavi Raj dobio ime?"
Bonita: "We think so."


Adria: "Plavi se odnosi na plavo nebo i ocean. divno je poput raj."
Celine: "I don't know what she just said and there's no way I can remember so many words."


Barbara: "I think Plavi Raj is Croatian."
Bonita: "Si."
Celine: "So what? I just tell Cleon Plavi Raj? Because that's all I remember."


Bonita: "We should try a different way of asking."
Barbara: "I don't think it will help. We just don't understand each other. But we can try."


Celine: "Cleon, look for Plavi and Raj."
Cleon: "Okay."


Cleon: "I see Raj scrawled on the rock surface. It means 'paradise'."


Cleon: "I knew I saw something on the sail. There's Plavi, which means blue."


Cleon: "My answer is 'blue paradise'."
"That is correct."
Cleon: "Nice. And I don't even know what the question is."

*
*
*


Cleon: "This is a hard question. What were the two provinces of Croatia known as during the Roman Empire?"


Bonita: "Esto en un fracaso."


Celine: "Time for revenge."


Bonita: "There's the word 'Što' on the boat."


Bonita: "I think I saw 'dva', but what does that mean? Nevermind. If I see it it must be important."


Bonita: "Slow down I am falling!"


Bonita: "Slow down Celine!"


Bonita: "Empire means carstvo...ack!"


Bonita: "You did that on purpose."
Celine: "Who? Me? Never. Anyway we gotta get back."


Bonita: "I have three words. Sto, carstvo and va."


Barbara: "Excuse me there!"


Barbara: "Hello."
Tanika: "Bok."


Cleon: "Let's skip past the greetings. Sto carstvo va?"


Barbara: "Let me do it. I know how the first is pronounced. Shtoe carstvo va?"


Tamika: "Dva čega?"


Bonita: "Carstvo."
Cleon: "Castle?"
Tamika: "Dva kaste? Ne znam."


Barbara: "She doesn't understand."
Bonita: "We are close. We just need to try again."
Barbara: "Okay. Dva Sasvo?"


Tamika: "Djie carstvo. Ne znam. Oprosti."
Cleon: "Let's just ask another local."

*
*
*


Cleon: "Stow..."
Bonita: "Shtoe."
Cleon: "Shtoe va carstvo?"
Barbara: "Or sasvo?"


Donte: "Hmm..rimski i bizantski."
Bonita: "Slow down."
Barbara: "How did all the locals say they didn't understand...ne razumiem?"
Donte: "Rimski. I. Bizantski."


Barbara: "Hello Celine. This is Barbara. You have to find three words: Rimski, E and Behunski."
Celine: "Know how to spell it?"
Barbara: "Unfortunately not. Good luck. Goodbye."


Celine: "That's rimski over there. It means 'Roman'."


Celine: "I can't find any of the other words. Did Barbara pronounce it correctly?"


"Time is up. You did not give an answer in time so no points are earned. The correct answer was Pannonia and Dalmatia."
Celine: "I saw Dalmatia earlier. Ugh."


After a day at sea, the contestants have reaped 50/75 points. There was a hidden exemption to the contestant who said the Croatian word for 'exemption' but nobody did so anyone can be executed next. Who will be executed? Who is the Mole?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!