Saturday 17 September 2022

53.16-Can you handle the truth?



In the previous episode, the contestants each had to identify songs based on a series of "Oh"s, "Ah"s, "La"s, "Na"s and "Baby"s. Apart from Hugo who got 3 songs wrong, the rest of them had a perfect run, giving the pot a boost of 110/125 points to become 411/865 points. The group is catching up but is it too little too late? And will it be too little too late for the Mole's next victim?



Bonita: "You shouldn't be playing golf in high heels."
Celine: "I didn't bring my golf attire."


Bonita: "Do you play golf a lot?"
Celine: "Only every other week."


Bonita: "Golf really is a rich man's sport."


Bonita: "It must be good being rich."
Celine: "Yeah. You get to do a lot of things."


Bonita: "Everyone must respect you and your family."


Celine: "Yup and I always get my way. So stop filming between my legs or I'll sue you till you go bankrupt."


Bonita: "It must be good to be able to get justice."
Celine: "Do you not get justice?"


Bonita: "It was just a remark. Don't read too much into it."

*
*
*


Barbara: "Are you alright, Hugo? I noticed you were pacing around."


Hugo: "Yeah. Just mentally preparing myself."


Barbara: "You've decided to face your past?"
Hugo: "I'm still deciding. I know if I continue to dig deeper, I can never turn back. I can't be whoever I want to be any more."


Barbara: "Why not?"
Hugo: "Because whatever I find will weigh me down. I can feel it. I already know I'm the villain."


Barbara: "Who's to say until you truly find out? Maybe you were actually a good guy all along."
Hugo: "You and I both know that's not true."


Hugo: "Maybe I shouldn't have even tried to remember. Then I could be a hero or an average Joe or whatever the fuck I wanted."
Barbara: "You still can do that."


Hugo: "Everyone dreams of being the hero of their own story, but life is more complicated than that."


Barbara: "Think about it from another perspective: life is complicated, so you probably won't be a flat-out villain you thought you would be."


Hugo: "Look Barbara. I need to be alone right now."
Barbara: "I hope you don't find me naggy."
Hugo: "You helped, but I have to decide for myself once and for all to take the red pill or blue pill."


Barbara: "Very well. Remember to find me if you need more help."

*
*
*


Cleon: "Oh hey. Didn't know you were in here."


Cleon: "Are you studying?"
Celine: "I don't have to tell you anything. We're not in a coalition any more."


Cleon: "Look how that turned out."
Celine: "It turned out wonderfully. I'm still sitting here knowing that I'm going to be in the finale."


Cleon: "See? If you put your mind to it you'll do great things. I don't know how you can flunk all your exams. It must take a special kind of laziness."


Celine: "Are you here to pick a fight? 'Cause if you are then GTFO."



Cleon: "If you're going to be so hostile then I don't want to be in the same room as you."
Celine: "Hostile? You're the hostile one! You dirty the air you breathe!"
Cleon: "That doesn't even make any sense!"

*
*
*


Barbara: "Cleon, you're just in time. Can you be a dear and help me with this?"
Cleon: "What in the world?"


Cleon: "Sure. I can try."
Barbara: "Thank you."


Cleon: "What happened anyway?"
Barbara: "I'm not sure. When I came in the washing machine was already overflowing. I think it's broken."


Cleon: "Who would be so irresponsible?"
Barbara: "I don't know. It could be that whoever last used it didn't know it was broken and didn't check."


Barbara: "Achoo!"
Cleon: "Bless you."


Barbara: "Do you need any help?"
Cleon: "Well, do you know how to fix this?"


Barbara: "No. My eldest helps me to fix any broken appliances around the house. He's quite the tinkerer. But as a result I've become too over-reliant on him."


Barbara: "Are you able to fix it? If not I can get one of the crew members to call a repairman."
Cleon: "No I got it...I think."


Cleon: "Wait, I think I know how this works!"


Cleon: "There. All done."


Barbara: "Thank you Cleon. You're such a dear."
Cleon: "My pleasure."

*
*
*


Bonita: "What are you doing on the computer?"
Hugo: "I'm trying to find anything about the accident that landed me in hospital, or about me, or about my friend, or the girl that appears in my life so much."


Bonita: "Can you handle the truth?"


Hugo: "I can't handle not knowing even more. I've been avoiding it for too long, thinking I can pretend nothing happened. But curiosity's been gnawing at me for so long."


Hugo: "Aha! Got a hit."


Bonita: "Why have you gone quiet?"


Hugo: "...17-year-old Colleen Neet narrowly escapes death from overdose."
Bonita: "Who is Colleen Neet?"
Hugo: "The girl who keeps appearing in my goddamn life for some reason."


Bonita: "You overdosed a teenager?"


Hugo: "I didn't. It says she stole from her usual drug dealer's supplier because her drug dealer refused to sell drugs to her, citing unpaid debt and personal grudges. Listen to this. It's a quote from her: 'Deep down he never liked me', the teen says as she lay in her hospital bed, 'right from the start he refused to sell to me. It took much effort to convince him.'"


Bonita: "Why is she talking as if she is in the right? If my son dared to overdose I would disown him. It means I failed as a mother to teach him to become the proper man he should be."
Hugo: "She was a young spunk. Always finding a way to get what she wants."
Bonita: "What's your relationship with her?"


Hugo: "She was my customer."
Bonita: "You're a drug dealer?"
Hugo: "Was. I've quit the business."


Hugo: "It's coming back to me. I never wanted to sell to her because she was a teen. She didn't know what she was doing. I didn't want her life to be ruined. But she somehow convinced me to sell to her. And then she asked for more, and different kind of drugs. It got to a point where I had to cut off business with her. It was never about the money."


Bonita: "So she stole from your supplier."
Hugo: "Yeah, and got caught."
Bonita: "What happened to him?"


Hugo: "I took care of him."
Bonita: "You killed him?"
Hugo: "He had a gun! He was going to kill her! I had to protect her. She was just a kid."


Hugo: "I had to do it. Against my will."


Bonita: "Did she cause your accident?"
Hugo: "No. It was completely unrelated."
Bonita: "Oh."


Hugo: "I actually feel at peace now knowing the truth. The whole truth."


Bonita: "What do you plan on doing now?"


Hugo: "I don't know. Probably turn myself in. I have to answer for what I did. Someone out there who knows him must be dying to know the real truth like me. I have to give closure."

*
*
*


Bonita: "I was trying to hard to not show my true feelings in front of him. I cannot believe I was living with such a horrible man and a murderer! What he did disgusts me. But at least he has the courage to own up and face the consequences. If only there was a way to make everyone who did something wrong get their punishment. But even if that happens, so what? They aren't the ones who have to live with a shadow in their heart."

*
*
*


Barbara: "I'm quite certain Hugo's not the Mole. If he was Heidi wouldn't have been executed. So I'll continue with the two suspects that I had all season long."


Hugo: "If there's one Sim who's not the Mole, it's Barbara. She's too sweet and motherly to be the Mole. I would eat a hat if it turned out to be her."

*
*
*

It is time for the quiz. 10 questions about the actions and identity of the Mole. The lowest scorer will be executed.


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: Does the Mole prefer to sleep on the left or right side of a double bed?
A: Left
B: Right


Q3: Is the Mole bespectacled?
A: Yes
B: No

Q4: What headgear does the Mole wear?
A: A hat
B: A headband
C: The Mole does not wear headgear typically


Q5: In Mission 8, which sound did the Mole choose?
A: Oh
B: Ah
C: La
D: Na
E: Baby

Q6: In Mission 8, in which order did the Mole listen to the Mole's songs?
A: 1st
B: 2nd
C: 3rd
D: 4th
E: 5th


Q7: In Mission 8, who sat at the Mole's initial seat?
A: Barbara O'Reilly
B: Hugo Clemens
C: Bonita Perez
D: Celine Sea
E: The Mole did not have an initial seat

Q8: How many songs did the Mole get correct in Mission 8?
A: 3
B: 5


Q9: Did the Mole hear any of their favourite songs or artists in Mission 8?
A: Yes
B: No

Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Cleon Qwik
B: Barbara O'Reilly
C: Hugo Clemens
D: Bonita Perez
E: Celine Sea

*
*
*


The next execution ceremony takes place on an island. Who will be the next to be executed?









































































































































































































Barbara: "A deserted island doesn't bode well. We'll have to wait and see if anyone joins."




























































































































































































































































Celine: "Ugh, of all places to go to..."









































































































































































































































Cleon: "Are they hidden in the trees? Do I have to search for them?"


Two Sims left. Will Bonita Perez be executed?


Or will it be Hugo Clemens?




































































































































































































































































































































































































































Bonita: "I see Sims. I am safe!"









Hugo: "I don't see anyone on the island."
"Hugo Clemens, unfortunately you are the next to be executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Hugo: "Damn it. I thought I finally got the right Mole. Guess I was wrong thrice over. I really needed the money. Where am I going to get money now? Then again, it probably won't matter soon enough."
"Thank you for joining Hugo. We hope to see you again."


Hugo finally learned the truth about his past and his fate. Hugo is not the Mole. Who is the Mole?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!