Tuesday 13 September 2022

53.15-Oldie but goodie

 



It was mission failure for the final seven, who had to isolate a group of Sims based on symptoms provided by Heidi and Hugo. 0/95 points were added to the pot, which remains at 301/740 points. Against her coalition partner's advice, Heidi decided to spread too thinly and ended up being executed. Is Hugo the Mole? Or is someone else the Mole?


Contestants are at Mick's Master Karaoke Karaoke Most for the next mission. Each of them will be listening to snippets of songs comprising solely of "Oh", "Ah", "La", "Na" and "Baby" respectively. For every song the contestants correctly identify, 5 points will be earned. This mission is thus worth 125 points.


Celine is the first one to head the songs. She chose to listen to "Baby" songs.


If you want to play along!

*
*
*


Celine: "I chose 'Baby' because unlike the others, this is an actual word so I'm more likely to be able to get it. And the songs are likely to be more modern too."

*
*
*


Celine: "Oh, this is Justin Bieber's Baby."


Celine: "Hmm...ah, this is from Love Story."


Celine: "Baby, baby, dancing with a stranger. This is Sam Smith's Dancing With A Stranger."


Celine: "This sounds like Ed Sheeran. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Photograph."


Celine: "Baby you're a firework. This is Firework. Easy peasy."


Celine: "I set the bar. Don't disappoint. I'm watching."

*
*
*


Barbara: "Celine made it look so easy. I was up next. I went with 'La', the songs that nobody wanted."

*
*
*


Barbara: "La la la...this is a recent song...la la la...it sounds regional...I think it's Senorita."


Barbara: "I actually heard of this one. A Horse With No Name, am I right?"


Barbara: "Another oldie but goodie. Brown-Eyed Girl. How could I not recognise it?"


Barbara: "I'm not too sure about this one. It gives me a pop and techno vibe. I think I heard of this voice before. One of the Sims I worked with listened to this a lot. I can't get it out of my head for weeks...wait, I think the song is Can't Get You Out of My Head."


Barbara: "Oh, what a pleasant surprise. This is my favourite Christmas song. Deck the Halls. Deck the halls with boughs of holly, fa la la la la, la la la la~"


Hugo: "You guys are really mounting the pressure. I think I'm the least familiar with songs."
Barbara: "Do your best."

*
*
*


Hugo: "I was one of the last to choose. I went with Ah because we had the lowest chance of getting it right and I had the lowest chance of knowing the right answer. I was essentially the sacrifice."

*
*
*


Hugo: "Wait a minute. I definitely heard this before. It's a Led Zeppelin song. I loved that band. I'm damn sure it's the Immigrant Song."


Hugo: "Ah ah ah ah ah? Never heard of it. I don't even know what to guess for this one. I'm going to pass on this one."


Hugo: "No idea about this one too. Stairway to Heaven?"


Hugo: "No idea about this one too. I'm just gonna guess Dazed and Confused although I'm sure it's not a Led Zeppelin song."


Hugo: "Oh, this one sounds familiar. I can't remember where I heard it from...I'm thinking it's Stayin' Alive. Forgot who sang it though."


Hugo: "It's not as easy as it looks."

*
*
*


Bonita: "'Oh' is so emotive, so sensual, so passionate. It is meant for me. Of course I had to take those songs."

*
*
*


Bonita: "This is a classic. Bon Jovi Livin' On A Prayer."


Bonita: "Oh I'm not too certain about this one. I will take a guess. Don't Wanna Go Home."


Bonita: "This song, I am too familiar with it. This Love."


Bonita: "I am too familiar with this song too. This is Hymn For The Weekend."


Bonita: "Mama-Do. It is Pixie Lott's song. I like this one."

*
*
*


Bonita: "Some of these songs were songs that that trash liked to hear. I hoped that I could forget him, but I keep seeing signs of him in the least likely of places, like a Smole mission. Why couldn't they choose other songs?"

*
*
*


Celine: "She seems confident."
Cleon: "She seems unhappy too. Must have triggered some memories."
Hugo: "For once it's not me that's remembering."


Hugo: "All of you are doing too well. It's making me look bad."


Bonita: "That's not our problem."
Cleon: "It's my turn at last."

*
*
*


Cleon: "Of the choices left, 'Na' felt the youngest so it went to me. I ended up being the last to hear the songs, but I got to sit through the others and see how well they did. I'm actually surprised. I don't think the Mole sabotaged this time."

*
*
*


Cleon: "Oh this was the jam! It's MCR's Na Na Na."


Cleon: "Na, na na, na na na na, na na na na, hey Jude. Yes, that's the name of the song. It's called Hey Jude."


Cleon: "This one's too easy. Havana by Camilla Cabello."


Cleon: "This sounds like...is it Na Na Na? No wait, you wouldn't put two songs of the same name. I think it was La La La."


Cleon: "This is a One Direction song. A girl I crushed on in high school loved listening to it. This is What Makes You Beautiful."

*
*
*


"Contestants, you have tested your music knowledge in this mission. It seems that music is no challenge for you, as you have 22/25 songs correct, so 110/125 points have been earned."


Celine: "Finally, after a drought we finally get points."
Barbara: "Good job everyone."
Hugo: "The errors must have come from my side."


The pot is now at 411/865 points. Did the Mole sabotage? Who is the Mole?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!