Monday 24 July 2023

56.19-Why is everyone so low-poly?

 Previously on the Smole,


Gordon: "Come on guys, it's your turn."
Jenny: "I can't think of anything."
Jesse: "Me neither. I'm bad at thinking on the spot."

~~~


Mason: "Oops I tore you into pieces."

~~~


Jesse: "I'm a robot doing the chicken dance!"

~~~


Jenny: "Boo hoo."

~~~


Gordon: "Yes! That means I win!"

~~~


Gordon: "Bachelor #1 is a disgruntled Amazon warehouse employee."
Jesse: "You got it wrong pal."

~~~


Gordon: "Fuck. Then I guess Bachelor #2 is Michelangelo. The ninja turtle."

~~~


Gordon: "I don't actually know who Bachelorette #3 is."

~~~


Host: "Unfortunately, you lost your exemption."
Gordon: "Fuck. But I knew that was gonna happen."

~~~

Gordon: "I don't know much about funerals and sadness but I know that trying too hard like this or being unable to release it is unhealthy for anyone in the long run. If you really gotta make yourself cry, maybe try acting."

~~~


Gordon: "It's time to do something for yourself for once. Don't you love this feeling of being responsible only for yourself? If anything, she should start doing something for you."

~~~


Mason: "I'm just tired of being forever alone."

~~~

Mason: "Don't withdraw yourself before you even get a chance to make that decision, else at the end of the day you won't even get the chance to choose. Then you'll be truly alone."

~~~


"Unfortunately, you are the last to be executed. Please pack your bags and leave."

~~~

Gordon: "Fuck."
Jenny: "Oh I'm so sorry."




10 contestants arrived in Ainali in the last week of autumn. 18 days later, only three of them survived the winters of Kaihola. Jesse Maddox, Mason Montgomery and Jenny Undertover - these are the three finalists of the Smole. One of them will win the pot and one of them is the Mole. Who is the Mole? How much will the winner win? There are currently 422/900 points in the pot, and with Mason getting to the final quiz, that takes another 10 points out of the pot. Will the final three be able to make one last hurrah and fill the pot?

*
*
*


Mason: "Being in the finale feels so good. Now that I can officially confirm who the Mole is, it's time to fill that pot with points."

*
*
*


Jesse: "I told myself to just focus on each day and get through day by day. Now I'm in the finale, so of course I want to win it. I came for the money and I'm not leaving without it."

*
*
*


Jenny: "Both my suspects are still in the game. That's not good for me. Fortunately I still have one last chance to figure it out once and for all. I made it this far. I'm giving it one last push to the end."

*
*
*


"Contestants, the night's not over yet. You must know who the Mole is by now or you wouldn't be sitting here. So it's time to take your final quiz."
Mason: "What?"
Jesse: "I'm not fully prepared!"

*
*
*

It is time for the final quiz. 30 questions about the actions and identity of the Mole. The highest scorer may be crowned the winner.


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: What is the Mole's occupation?
A: Mirror mall manager
B: Warehouse assistant
C: Funeral director

Q3: Which skill does the Mole have?
A: Hot-wiring
B: Knitting
C: Investing

Q4: What is the Mole's age?
A: 21
B: 40
C: 44

Q5: What is the Mole's favourite game show?
A: Wheel of Fortune
B: The Price Is Right
C: Wipeout

Q6: Which two contestants did a Mole share a room with this season?
A: Raymond Way and Sarah Ambile
B: Jesse Maddox and Olli Kalle Laitinen
C: Sonya Maddox and Jenny Undertover

Q7: Which of the following facts is about the Mole?
A: The Mole cannot cry
B: The Mole's parents were killed
C: The Mole is a virgin

Q8: What is the Mole's hair colour?
A: Black
B: Blonde
C: Brown

Q9: Among the finalists, how tall is the Mole?
A: Tall
B: Short
C: Average

Q10: Among the finalists, how heavy is the Mole?
A: Lightest
B: Heaviest
C: Average


Q11: In Mission 1, which of the following are answers to the questions the Mole was asked?
A: Fried chicken
B: Stephen King
C: The speed of a computer mouse

Q12: In Mission 2, which of the following songs did the Mole sing?
A: Total Eclipse of the Heart
B: Shallow
C: The Mole did not sing

Q13: In Mission 3, who turned for the Mole?
A: Lola Belle and Fjord Warbler
B: Fjord Warbler
C: The Mole did not participate in the mission

Q14: In Mission 4, which two singers sang the songs the Mole's group picked?
A: Parachute and Fun.
B: Mike Posner and Manchester Orchestra

Q15: In Mission 5, how many points did the Mole earn from the food?
A: 0
B: 2
C: -2

Q16: In Mission 6, how many tasks did the Mole succeed in?
A: 1
B: 4

Q17: In Mission 7, what did the Mole do?
A: Yoga
B: Nap
C: Pick jellybeans

Q18: In Mission 8, which of the following are questions the Mole was asked?
A: Where does Santa Claus live?
B: What is Finland called in Finnish?
C: The Mole was not asked a question

Q19: Was the Mole involved in Mission 9?
A: Yes
B: No

Q20: In Mission 10, who stood opposite the Mole?
A: Jenny Undertover
B: Mason Montgomery
C: Gordon Emery


Q21: In Mission 11, how many questions was the Mole asked?
A: 2
B: 4

Q22: In Mission 11, how many questions that cost points was the Mole asked?
A: 1
B: 2

Q23: In Mission 12, which train was the Mole's?
A: Train 1
B: Train 2
C: Train 3

Q24: In Mission 12, Which of the following contestants initially boarded the Mole's train?
A: Rhea Durkin
B: Sarah Ambile
C: Gordon Emery

Q25: In Mission 12, did any of the executed contestants switch trains away from the Mole's train at the penultimate stop?
A: Yes
B: No

Q26: Did the Mole's train have the most Sims at the end of Mission 12?
A: Yes
B: No

Q27: Rank the crowdedness of the Mole's train at the end of Mission 12.
A: 1st
B: 2nd
C: 3rd

Q28: Which pair of contestants did the Mole claim to suspect before the final quiz?
A: Jesse Maddox and Mason Montgomery
B: Jesse Maddox and Gordon Emery
C: Mason Montgomery and Gordon Emery

Q29: Which of the following blurbs pertain to the Mole?
A: This Ken is a middle child.
B: This Barbie is never sad.
C: This Ken is a mirror mall manager.

Q30: Who is the Mole?
A: Jesse Maddox
B: Mason Montgomery
C: Jenny Undertover

*
*
*


Jesse: "This final quiz was very sudden and very weird. There were several questions that were about a mission we hadn't even done yet. I didn't know how to answer them. I'll be pissed if these questions cost me the win."

*
*
*


Finland is a large country, so the transportation needs to be fast and cover long distances. Passenger trains are typically operated by the state-owned enterprise VR. The contestants' final mission today is to ride one such train. 


Jenny, Jesse and Mason have each boarded a train. These trains will be making a round trip starting and ending at Kaihola (technically, the station closest to it). They can influence whether 100 points are earned but not directly.


Jesse: "My train is here."

*
*
*


Jenny: "Everything began to click. We could influence the final mission to align with our answers. I made sure to take the first train because I think that's what the others will answer. Then I can force the Mole onto the train I answered."

*
*
*


Una: "Jenny's on that train. We're not going for her."
Sonya: "That's Mason's train in the distance. We're all going onto his train yeah?"


Mason: "Wow, that's a crowd."


At each stop, the executed contestants will be helping to guide 30-odd passengers onto the train they think the Mole is on and also influence passengers on a train to board a different one if they so desire. If, at the final stop, the Mole's train has the most passengers, 100 points are earned, all or nothing.


Sonya: "Go go go! Everybody board that train now!"
Una: "Mind your step. Don't rush me!"
Rhea: "GET YOUR FUCKING ASSES IN THE TRAIN NOW!"


Sonya: "That's the last of them. All 34 of us are on Mason's train. I'll do a headcount again just in case."
Mason: "What are you guys doing? I'm not the Mole."
Rhea: "That's what the Mole would say."
Una: "It's futile. We're the first three gone. We have no clue who the Mole is."
Mason: "But I do. It's not me!"


Jesse: "Doo doo doo doo doo..."


Mason: "Excuse me miss. I need you to get off at the next stop and board the train that's coming after."
Rhea: "Don't listen to him! HE'S THE MOLE!"
Mason: "Stop ruining things for me!"

*
*
*


Raymond: "Who do you think it is? I think it's Mason."
Olli: "I guess Jesse."
Raymond: "That means we need to split up."
Olli: "You take 16 of them. I take 15."


Jenny: "I've arrived at my next station."


Jenny: "Is nobody boarding? They must trust me a lot."


Raymond: "Bye Jenny!"


Raymond: "The train I need to board is coming. Come with me."


Mason: "No, not more passengers!"


Mason: "Out, all of you!"
Raymond: "No, stay!"
Fjord: "Who do I listen to?"
Mason: "Me!"
Raymond: "No Mason. I'm not going to let you override me when it matters most."


Raymond: "Una, do something! Some of them are leaving?"
Una: "There's no point."
Raymond: "Then Jesse's train will get extra passengers. Olli's going to usher the rest on the platform into his."

*
*
*


Jesse: "That's a lot of Sims in this cabin. Why is everyone so low-poly?"


Jesse: "Olli! Long time no see man!"
Olli: "Hei."


Jesse: "I'd love to chat with you but I need you to get all of them off this train."
Olli: "No. You are the last train. There are no later trains to board."
Jesse: "But I'm not the Mole."

*
*
*


Gordon: "I think I'll take Jenny's train for fairness."
Sarah: "Maybe I'll change my mind and board Jesse's train. Then the remaining 10 passengers will go onto Mason's train."
Gordon: "You need to usher them in."


Gordon: "That's our train."


Gordon: "Your train is very empty."

*
*
*


Mason: "Ugh, another group to have to bribe. Excuse me miss, I'll pay you 10 Simoleons if you get off at the next station and board the last train."


Sonya: "So no matter what you do, stay on this train. Because he's a dirty rascal who's going to cost us if you don't."


Mason: "What? More passengers? Sarah, stop letting them in! Out! I need to barricade the doors."


Sonya: "This crowd is convincing me we boarded the right train."

*
*
*



Sarah: "That's the last of them."
Jesse: "You boarded the wrong train pal."


Jesse: "Sorry but I'm gonna need you to go."
Sarah: "Jesse! What are you doing? Stop! Get back in here!"

*
*
*


Mason: "It's so hard for me to fight with all these passengers and ex contestants who insist I'm the Mole. I tried my best to convince them to get the passengers off onto Jesse's train and I even bribed some of the passengers but I don't have enough spare cash with me to bribe them all."

*
*
*


The contestants are soon approaching an intersection. All 3 trains will stop at this station for 5 minutes. This is the last chance for passengers to move onto the correct train before they reach the end station back at Kaihola.




Mason: "Remember: look for the man with the bucket hat. That's the train you need to board."


Sarah: "We have to work together. You will stay on the train and keep all the passengers on this train. I will go out and try to convince everyone to board this train."


Gordon: "Tell me, are you the Mole?"
Jenny: "You're here so you must think so."
Gordon: "I boarded this train for fun."


Jenny: "It's time."


Raymond: "We're here."


Sarah: "There the rest of them are."


Sarah: "All of you need to board Jesse's train."


Jenny: "How many passengers are on your train?"
Sarah: "Quite a number. I brought in 10 but there were already other passengers there."
Rhea: "We have a fuckton of passengers."
Jenny: "My train has the fewest Sims. I'll stick with my train. We need to get Mason out to know who has more passengers."
Rhea: "Everyone just needs to board Mason's train. He's the Mole."
Jesse: "That's what I've been saying! Please help me convince Sarah."


Rhea: "No way. Whose train has Lola freakin' Belle?"
Sarah: "Huh? That's mine! I mean Jesse's! She can't leave! Everyone will follow her! What is Olli doing?"


Olli: "Stop! Out of my way. I need to get the passengers back."


Mason: "Yes, hurry along now."


Romon: "Which train were we supposed to go to again?"


Mason: "Phew. This cabin's finally empty. On to the next one."


Jesse: "Hey pals, see that train over there? Go board that one. Thank you!"


Jenny: "Mason, there you are. Why are you hiding in here?"
Mason: "I'm not the Mole. I need your help getting all of them off my train."
Jenny: "Can't you just switch trains?"
Mason: "You're right."
Una: "There's no use trying. You'll fail. Mason already got a sizeable number to alight."


Sarah: "Please board that train over there."


Rhea: "GET YOUR FAT ASS BACK INSIDE!"


Raymond: "You need to follow me miss."
Jesse: "Yes, listen to him. And stop acting like maniacs!"


Jenny: "The train is going to set off. I need to get back onto my train."

*
*
*




The train has left for the final station. The passengers in each train are fixed. Which train will have the most passengers?

*
*
*


"We have reached the last station."


"Finalists, I hope it has been a pleasant journey touring Finland by train. You were tasked to get as many passengers onto the Mole's train as possible."


"Train 1 has 19 passengers in total. That's Jenny's train."


"Train 2 has 43 passengers in total. That's Mason's train."


"Train 3 has 38 passengers in total. That's Jesse's train. Only if Mason is the Mole will you be able to add 100 points to the pot. Let's hope for the pot's sake that he is. We'll find out soon enough."


The finale ceremony is starting soon! Who will win? Who is the Mole?

Next episode...


We are here at The Mitochondria, the powerhouse of the cell.



 "Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to reveal the winner of the Smole, Season 56."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!