Wednesday 5 July 2023

56.11-My other life philosophy

 Previously on the Smole,


Mason: "We didn't get to discuss this beforehand. I hope Jenny has the same idea as me."

~~~


Sarah: Olli's the mini-Mole.

~~~


"There has been a tie and the one who submitted the list slower and is thus eliminated is Olli Kalle Laitinen."

~~~


Mason: "I've cleared my rack."
Jesse: "Fuck."

~~~


Raymond: "I'm the mini-Mole."

~~~


Sarah: "I'm actually doing it! But that was scary. Once is enough."

~~~


Jenny: "I shouldn't have been so ambitious."

~~~


Raymond: "I said to give it my all and try everything when I came, so that's what I'll have to do."

~~~


Mason: "I don't need those questions. I'm fairly certain I know who the Mole is."

~~~


Gordon: "It looks like we're gonna need more drinks."

~~~


Jesse: "Why do you want to feel sad?"
Jenny: "Because that's my job. It feels so wrong to see the friends and family of the deceased cry their hearts out but I can't feel anything. It feels wrong."

~~~


Jesse: "I never got to enjoy a proper childhood. I should make the most of my time now."

~~~


Jenny: "Dear Mole, were you eliminated during the mini-Mole mission?"

~~~


"Olli Kalle Laitinen. Unfortunately, you are the next to be executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


The final 7 got to explore Ainali with two missions. Through those missions, they managed to bring the pot up to 354/610 points. Raymond was the mini-Mole in the bonus mission and for his work, he could get 3 questions for upcoming quizzes. Mason on the other hand caught onto him and thus earned an exemption. Everyone but Sarah and Mason also got a chance to ask the Mole questions, but for Olli it wasn't enough as he was executed next. Will the others have caught onto the real Mole too or will they be executed next?

*
*
*

Gordon: "Hmm, Olli isn't the Mole. That means all those Finland references weren't hints. Time to apply my other life philosophy: when you're at a disadvantage, you gotta hustle and grind. If you're poor, take on some side gigs. If your Mole just went home, start gathering some side coalitions, or at least info."

*
*
*


The group continues as 6 to Kaihola. For half of them, they have to start their search for the Mole anew. Which one of the final 6 could be the Mole?

*
*
*


Sarah: "They said it would be warmer. It's not. I'm still freezing. I underestimated Finnish winter."

*
*
*


Gordon: "Now this is more like it. The house feels less like a motel and an actual livable space. It has a sauna and most importantly, a bar! Late night parties here we go!"

*
*
*


"Good morning contestants. I hope you enjoyed your first night in Kaihola and rested well because today is all about concentration. I need two contestants who can achieve Zen, two contestants with nimble hands and two contestants who can sleep through anything."


Jenny: "Maybe we need to knit again for the nimble hands. Only Mason and I succeeded last time."
Jesse: "I don't think they're going to repeat missions."


Mason: "Actually, I think you'll be better at achieving Zen given your personality."
Jenny: "That's true as well."
Sarah: "I don't feel like leaving the house or the bed today. I'll be a sleeper."


Gordon: "Zen is such an Asian concept. I bet you'll do well, Raymond."
Raymond: "I'm only 1/4 Vietnamese. I'm born and bred as a local."
Jesse: "Then maybe you should do the nimble hands task. I'm sure that's useful as a laundromat attendant."
Gordon: "I don't feel like sleeping in today so I'm going to Zen today."
Jesse: "I don't feel like sleeping in either."
Mason: "I'll sleep in."

*
*
*


Jenny and Gordon will have to practise yoga. Their resting heart rate has been measured and they have to keep their heart rate within 2 bps of their respective resting rates for one hour to earn 15 points each. Each time their heart rate exceeds this, their stakes decrease by 5 points.


Sarah and Mason will have an easier job. They just need to nap for one hour to earn 15 points. Their sleep pattern will be tracked and every minute it can be determined that they are not sleeping, the stakes drop by 5 points.


Jesse and Raymond will stay at home and pick out only the red beans from the other jellybeans with chopsticks. They have to get all the red beans into a bucket to earn 30 points, all or nothing.


Jenny: "Have you done yoga before?"
Gordon: "I took a few classes. I know a few tricks like downward dog."


Jenny: "Any tips?"
Gordon: "Focus on your breathing."

*
*
*


Raymond: "This is hard."

*
*
*


Jesse: "Raymond has used chopsticks before. How can he be so clumsy?"

*
*
*


Raymond: "Oops."
Jesse: "Come on Raymond. Focus."

*
*
*


Gordon: "It's so quiet here."



Gordon: "What the fuck was that?"

*
*
*


Lola: "Did someone say they wanted music?"


Lola: "I'll give you the best kind of music!"



Sarah: "Who is making all that noise?"


Mason: "Who the hell invited you?"
Sarah: "Can you keep it down?"


LOLA: "NO CAN DO!"
Sarah: "Ugh."


Mason: "We just have to try and sleep through it."


Sarah: "I can't."
Mason: "Just try."

*
*
*



Gordon: "When do you think the next sound will come?"
Jenny: "Who knows? There's no use trying to predict."



Gordon: "Fuck!"

*
*
*


Jesse: "Easy does it, don't drop it.."


Fjord: "TILHANDLEKIÐ TUNGUMÁL SEM HÆRÐUR ÞIG!"


Raymond: "Aah!"


Jesse: "You dropped the beans!"
Fjord: "My job here is done."
Raymond: "Crap."

*
*
*


Jenny: "Tune everything out...damn it."


Gordon: "We're not going to be able to succeed at this rate."

*
*
*


Jesse: "Easy, easy..."

*
*
*


Gordon: "Check this out Jenny. Olli taught me how to do a handstand."
Jenny: "Don't work yourself up unnecessarily."

*
*
*


Sarah: "There's no use. I can't fall back asleep."

*
*
*



Sarah: "As a preschool teacher, I have to be aware of everything the children make. So of course it's hard to fall asleep when there's so much sound."

*
*
*


Fjord: "Ooga booga! Honk honk quack quack!"
Jesse: "Don't disturb me."

*
*
*


Sarah: "How is Mason sleeping through this? He's closer to the music than I am."

*
*
*


Gordon: "Something's not right. We haven't heard a single sound for so long."
Jenny: "Any minute now."

*
*
*


Fjord: "YOU'RE WEAK! YOU CAN'T EVEN GET A SINGLE JELLYBEAN!"
Raymond: "Crap!"


Fjord: "YOU PROVED MY POINT!"

*
*
*


Lola: "Woo!"


Lola: "Thank you!"
Sarah: "Oh at long last."


Jenny: "And that's it."


Raymond: "Time's up."

*
*
*


"Contestants, you spent the morning trying to concentrate to earn points. Now it's time to find out how well you did."


"First, Mason and Sarah. We studied your sleep pattern closely and noticed that Mason was awake for 35 seconds, while Sarah was awake for 49 minutes. Mason earns 15 points while Sarah earns none."


"For Gordon and Jenny, we analysed your heart rate and noted that Gordon had exceeded his heart rate 3 times and Jenny once, so you earn 0 and 10 points respectively. As for Raymond and Jesse, well, it's better to see for yourself."


"This is the bowl they had transferred the red jellybeans to. There were a few yellow jellybeans in the mix."


"More notably, there are still plenty of red jellybeans left behind. This earns nothing. Altogether, 25/90 points have been earned."


The group lost focus several times, leading to the pot only increasing to 379/700 points. Are they able to focus on the Mole or will they be executed next?

Next episode...


Sarah: "He's using me as a smokescreen."
Gordon: "So you think Mason is the Mole?"


Jesse: "How do you end up trusting the Mole who's been lying to you for so long?"


Raymond: "I don't know whether to trust you now."
Gordon: "You suspect me?"


Jenny: "I think we're the only ones without a coalition."


"We shall see if that's enough to save you from execution tonight."


"Gordon and Mason, do you have something to share?"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!