Monday 5 March 2018

38.02-Poison ivy


In the first episode, 12 contestants were paired up and had to run around conveying questions for the partner to answer. Everyone answered correctly so all 120 points were added to the pot. For Quinn and Abbie, the mission was even more of a success as they had claimed the first exemptions this season. Who will be the first victim of this new Mole?



Keith: "We were so close. That's what stings the most. That Ben and I could have achieved the exemptions. I guess I have to focus on the quiz like the rest of the group. I think the Mole this season is a woman. Going by statistics, it seems so. And in the first mission, I think it's weird that Quinn and Abbie, who aren't as fit as Ben or I, managed to match our timing? And I overheard Quinn asking Abbie about the question she chose."


Benjamin: "She's hot, don't you think?"

Keith: "Well, yeah, but aren't you married?"
Benjamin: "So? A man keeps his right to admire beauty when he sees it."

Robert: "It is not right. You are married."

Carl: "She sure knows how to keep her youth, that's for sure."


Carl: "If your wife needs a revitalised youth, I can recommend her some supplements that will definitely work."
Benjamin: "My wife is hot too. But what products are we talking about?"

Morgan: "Why are you men gathered here?"

Carl: "Admiring art."


Morgan: "Ha, I like you already. You know, she reminds me of someone I used to know."


Keith: "I bet you say that to all the girls you meet."

Morgan: "I'm serious. She just gives me that sense of familiarity."
Carl: "Well, I'll give her a sense of familiarity too."


Carl: "Ivy Waxes, right? You sure have a lot of hair for someone who waxes."

Ivy: "Be careful what you say. You don't want to get hurt."

Carl: "Oh, so you're poison ivy? Good, because I like to play with fire."

Ivy: "Nice try, boy."


Carl: "I may be young, but so are you. You don't look a day over 18."

Ivy: "You know what to say to get attention, I'll give you that."

Carl: "So, you gonna reveal your secret to remaining 18?"
Ivy: "I don't reveal my secrets to eternal youth."

Ivy: "It might...scare you."

Carl: "Like I said, I like playing with fire."

Ivy: "You're trying too hard to get my number."
Carl: "Then can I give you mine?"

Benjamin: "Smooth."


Carl: "Here. Keep it. I sell quite a variety of health supplements myself, so if you're ever interested, you know who to call."
Ivy: "Thanks, but I'll stick to tried and tested."

Carl: "You don't have to act coy with me. I know you're wild and adventurous, and maybe even, as you call it, dangerous."


Keith: "Woo! You killed it out there."
Benjamin: "She plays hard to get, but I can tell you got her good."
Robert: "She is not friendly. I am surprised and happy at how you talked."

Robert: "Everyone is so talented. Except me. Carl is so good at talking. Morgan is so successful. Keith is so smart. I am nothing compared to them. I want to be like them. My family will have a better life."


Ivy: "I see quite a few coalitions being formed already. For instance, Ben and Keith have great rapport and are hanging out a lot. I'm confident they're together as one coalition. I also have one with Robert. It's nice to have someone you can trust in this game. He's not the brightest and he seems very honest. I know this sounds dangerous but I think I can trust him. Now I just have to bring him to the end with me. Then that will leave us with the Mole."

*
*
*

Quinn: "Abbie wanted to form a coalition with me, since we did so well last mission and we were partners."
Hannah: "It's good to have an ally in the game."

Quinn: "Yes, but is she really an ally? I don't know if I can trust her. She did some shady things."

Hannah: "Well, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Having someone you don't trust in your coalition could prove to be useful."
Quinn: "I suppose. I'll mull over it some more. Thanks for the advice. It's nice to meet someone you click with."

Quinn: "How about we work together?"

Hannah: "Thanks for the proposal but we'll wait it out. You already may have a coalition with Abbie."
Quinn: "I can form a secret one with you."
Hannah: "I don't like that idea. That's too complicated."
Quinn: "Then how about a coalition of three? I really want you in my coalition."

Hannah: "Okay, but you should speak to Abbie about this first."

*
*
*


Shirley: "The other day I bumped into the cutest little thing ever! She had those pearly eyes and goofy smile and was so adorable."

Abbie: "I know, right? I just love how animated and full of energy children are. They are so innocent and perfect, those little angels. What do you think, Julie?"
Julie: "I think children are lovely too."

Abbie: "I have quite a few nephews and nieces. I'm always the babysitter. I try to be the best and play with them."
Shirley: "That's good. It's important to play and interact with them from an early age."


Julie: "..."

Abbie: "I just worry about spoiling them. Sometimes I feed them pizza if I'm lazy. There was one time-"

Julie: "I have a story to tell--"
Shirley: "Shh. Let Abbie finish first."
Abbie: "Anyway, so this one time I felt really lazy..."


Julie: "Fine!"

Abbie: "What happened to her?"
Shirley: "I'll go check up on her."





Shirley: "Julie, what is wrong?"
Julie: "If I died, who would miss me?"

Shirley: "Excuse me?"

Julie: "You don't understand. Nobody will miss me when I'm gone."


Shirley: "I would. Even though we've only just met, even though I don't know you, I will miss you. I will have to live with the knowledge that someone had died tonight."

Shirley: "But why the sudden remark? Do you have something you want to share?"
Julie: "It's just that...it's clear that you guys don't like me."
Shirley: "What gave you that impression?"
Julie: "It's just that everyone doesn't seem to want to listen to me. In fact, you were so rude to me just now?"


Shirley: "Me?"

Shirley: "I apologise if I came off as insensitive, but being rude was never my intention. In fact, it is more rude to cut in when someone has not finished talking. Nobody hates you because of that, Julie. Do you want to talk more about it? I'm willing to listen."

*
*
*

Robert: "I am very nervous. I don't know what to expect."
Keith: "Don't be. Just try your best, and let Providence take it from there."
Robert: "I don't know who that is. I want to study hard."

*
*
*

It's time for the first quiz this season.

Q1: Is the Mole male or female?


Q2: How old is the Mole?


Q3: What is the Mole's favourite colour?




Q4: In Mission 1, which car was the Mole in?


Q5: In Mission 1, who was the Mole's partner?


Q6: What option did the Mole answer with in Mission 1?



Q7: What was the answer to the question the Mole memorised in Mission 1?


Q8: Broadly categorise the question the Mole asked in Mission 1.


Q9: In which order did the Mole's pair take part in Mission 1?


Q10: Who is the Mole?

*
*
*


"Welcome to your very first execution ceremony this season. Above each of you is a light. If it turns on, you are making it through to the next round. If it's off, you are the first victim this season."


"Quinn and Abbie are exempted, so their lights are already turned on. As for the rest of you, are you ready?"


Morgan: "Ready as I'll ever be."
Julie: "I'm nervous."
Carl: "I tried my best."






















































































































































































"Shirley DeSota, you have been executed. Please pack your bags and leave."
Shirley: "What?"


Julie: "Oh no. Why did it have to be her of all people?"


Abbie: "She was so sweet and nice. She was a great friend. There wasn't an ounce of bad bone in her. I really wish she wasn't the first to leave."


Shirley: "I'm out, and I will accept that. Perhaps the twist this season made it difficult to spread because you had to type in each answer yourself. You don't know how strict the marking scheme is, and whether your answer is reasonable enough to be given a score. And speed will definitely play a part. It's something I had never done before, so I'm not used to it, but I will leave with a smile and with whatever memories I managed to make here."


"Thank you for joining the Smole, Shirley. We hope to see you again soon."


The good-hearted Shirley has been executed by the Mole. Who will be the next?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!