Friday 23 March 2018

38.08-Pseudo-coalition


Last episode, the contestants had to run around an abandoned building. Quinn and Hannah had to try and search for the criminal, Carl. Unfortunately, they were too late, leading to 0/30 points earned, leaving the pot as 519/750 points. Carl managed to earn an exemption this time, not Quinn. Will Quinn be the next one to be executed? Or will it be someone else?



Ivy: "Mm..."
Morgan: "Good morning, sleepyhead."



Ivy: "Were you just watching me sleep the whole time?"
Morgan: "Of course. I can't possibly disrupt a woman's beauty rest."



Ivy: "Was that really all you were thinking of?"

Morgan: "I'm a gentleman."



Ivy: "And a married man."



Morgan: "Unlike Ben, I know what my heart wants."


Ivy: "I really appreciate how there are only two of us in this room. We get to know each other on a...personal level."


Ivy: "In this house, there is one room of four, two rooms of three and one room of two. I appreciate the privacy that last room gives me, because Morgan and I can talk about anything we want. We often share information late at night too, so we are essentially a pseudo-coalition."

*
*
*

Quinn: "What were you doing back there, Hannah?"

Hannah: "I was too eager to nab the criminal. Sorry. I planned to lure all the policemen out so that we could work together. It backfired."

Abbie: "I'm surprised there were only two policemen."

Quinn: "We were heavily outnumbered."

Quinn: "What I find strange is how some of the henchmen seemed to be working against the pot. There was no reason for them to help Carl in any way."



Hannah: "People like Morgan."
Quinn: "Yes. That's who I was referring to."


Abbie: "But he was a henchman, and so was I. Aren't we supposed to immerse ourselves in the role?"


Abbie: "I think Hannah and Quinn suspect me. But that can't be right. If they were, they would have said something, right? So they can't be suspecting me. A coalition should have full trust. Since we're still together, we must still be trusting each other."

Robert: "I can only move the pawn forward, right?"
Keith: "Correct. You are picking this up really quickly, Robert. I'm so proud of you."



Robert: "I am trying my best."
Keith: "You even make notes. I've never seen someone more dedicated to learning chess than you."



Robert: "But I can never be as good as you. You know how to play more. You are so smart."
Keith: "With some practice, you can be too."


Robert: "You are so lucky you can study university. And medicine too. Do you like medicine?"



Keith: "Well, truth be told, I'm only studying it because I can. My grades made it, so why not? A lot of people want to study but can't."

Robert: "So it is not an interest?"
Keith: "Not really."



Robert: "You are very lucky."


Keith: "And also very busy. My schedule is jam-packed with school and all my activities. But I like being kept busy. It makes me feel like I'm being productive."



Robert: "You should take care of your body."


Robert: "Hey. I know what can help. Buy my medicine."



Keith: "Medicine? You shouldn't be peddling medicine, Robert. You don't know what the side effects are."



Robert: "It is good. It is a known company. Armwey. I have a bottle."



Keith: "Armwey? Let me see that bottle."



Keith: "Hmm, it seems safe, but it is way overpriced. I can get cheaper stuff at the local pharmacy."



Robert: "Buy it. Please. I need money."


Keith: "Who told you to sell this? Where did you get it from?"



Robert: "Carl. I am happy he told me this. Please buy. Please. I need money."



Keith: "Er...okay. Just this once."
Robert: "Thank you."


Carl: "While I may be exempted, I do not like how the pot is not full. The gap is widening and that's not good. Why is anyone saying no to money? We should be striving to earn the fullest we can every time. I was in quite the dilemma myself. I didn't know if I should let myself get caught, but Morgan made that decision for me, and at least I am safe."


Quinn: "I wish I could just conjure up a cleaning potion or a magic spell to clear this mess up."


Carl: "Hey, have any of you seen Julie? I want to ask her something."
Abbie: "I think she's still in her room."
Carl: "Thanks."

*
*
*


Carl: "Julie, you're still sleeping?"
Julie: "No...what is it?"


Carl: "I want to ask you seomthing, regarding the previous mission."


Julie: "Go away. I'm beat."
Carl: "But you've been asleep for the whole day."
Julie: "I don't want to talk about it."


Carl: "Come on, Julie. Aren't we friends/"


Julie: "Friends? You consider us friends?"

Carl: "Well, yeah, I guess."


Julie: "That makes me so happy. You're the first friend I made here. Do you like shopping?"
Carl: "I do, but it depends on what I'm buying."


Julie: "Me too! We have common interests!"


Carl: "As a friend, would you do me a favour?"
Julie: "What is it?"


Carl: "Buy something from me. I think a girl like you would love Slim+. It boosts metabolism and improves weight loss. Not that you're fat, but I imagine girls your age want to be slim. And it also contains a lot of vitamins that keeps your skin smooth and healthy."


Julie: "Of course. Anything for a friend."


Carl: "And as a friend, I'm inviting you to join me in this money-making opportunity. I have quite a lot of stock that you can sell to everyone in this house and more."

Julie: "I really need a good source of income now."
Carl: "It's really lucrative. You can just ask Robert, or Abbie. They are grateful to me for introducing them to this money-making scheme."


Julie: "What if I don't do a good job?"


Carl: "You'll never know if you don't try. And what's the worst that could happen? Unsold stock? You can just pass them back to me. I'm giving them to you for free, so it's not like you had to pay for all of them."


Julie: "I'll consider."
Carl: "I have a lot of interested people who want to be a part of this. Don't wait on it too long."

*
*
*

It is time for the quiz.


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?


Q2: Name a song the Mole would like.


Q3: Does the Mole have a coalition?


Q4: In Mission 4, what was the Mole's role?

Q5: In Mission 4, which room did the Mole start off in?


Q6: In Mission 4, name a contestant the Mole ran into.


Q7: Did the Mole quietly get removed from Mission 4?


Q8: In what order was the Mole removed from Mission 4?


Q9: Which level was the Mole initially at in Mission 4?


Q10: Who is the Mole?

*
*
*


"Tonight harks the execution of yet another contestant."


"It will not be Carl, for his light is up."
Carl: "Phew."


Quinn: "It's my first time I actually have something to be nervous about since joining. I hope I make it through."


"The one who will be executed is..."














































































































































































































































































































































































































"Robert Smarter, you have been executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Robert: "I am sad. I worked very hard. That means my Mole was wrong."


Keith: "He wasn't the brightest, but I dare say that he was the most hardworking among all of us. He really put in the effort and pored over his journal day and night. You could see how much this meant to him and how badly he wanted to make it work."


Carl: "He was a good chap. Simple-minded but willing to put in the hard work. It's a shame he has left."


"Thank you for joining, Robert. We hope to see you again."

Robert's hard work failed to pay off. The Mole outsmarted him. Who else will the Mole outsmart?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!