Friday 4 October 2024

59.11-Shang Simla green



The last time on the Smole, the final eight had to find and sell items around Egypt via a live stream. After several rounds, Mary came out top with the most sales and earned herself an exemption, saving herself but not Adriel. The pot is now exactly half-filled at 200/400 points. It can still be anyone's game. Who will be executed next and who is the Mole?

*
*
*


The contestants will be playing a game of snakes and ladders, but they have to make their own snakes and ladders. Four of them will have to answer 20 questions. If they answer correctly, they can roll a dice consisting of 4 to 6 dots. Else, they would roll a dice consisting of 1 to 3 dots. 


The first contestant to make it to the top will get a coveted exemption, while any contestant who makes it to the top will earn 20 points. This mission is worth 80 points.


Along the way they may find snakes and ladders. Two of them will need to charm snakes and keep the king cobras occupied. Otherwise, they will cause the other snakes in the tower to be activated. As for the ladders, some of them are broken, requiring one Sim to fix them.

*
*
*


Rudy: "The discussion went more smoothly than expected. Obviously everyone wanted an exemption, but Mary bowed out because she just received one and Zhang was willing to play honourably. It was a tough discussion but I managed to secure my chance at getting a second exemption."

*
*
*


Zhang: "We went on a long hike through the desert to get to the hidden tower. It was a 2 day journey to even get there, so we had to spend the nights setting up tents in the desert. I did not like it one bit. It was cooling but there was too much sand. I miss the Shang Simla green."

*
*
*


Rudy: "I've been out in the desert too long. I think I'm seeing a mirage."
Ramona: "At least we're finally here."

*
*
*


Ramona goes first based on random roll, followed by Sienna, Rudy and Sheila. The order will change randomly each question.
"Q1: Which of the following is not an Egyptian law or custom?
A: Women have to cover their hands before entering churches and tombs
B: Certain medications such as painkillers are banned in Egypt
C: Giving gifts with your left hand is illegal in Gaza
D: Kissing in public can result in fines
E: In Cairo, it is illegal to have a donkey on your rooftop"


Ramona: "A and D make sense given what I know and E sounds so ridiculous that it could be true...I think it may be C."


Ramona is correct. Giving gifts with your left hand is impolite but not illegal anywhere in Egypt. She rolled a 4 and can move 4 spaces forward.


The rest of them heard the correct answer, so they all knew to answer C as well on their turn. 


"Q2: Which of the following is not an Egyptian pharaoh?
 A: Senenmut
B: Ramses II
C: Cleopatra
D: Hatshepsut
E: Tutankhamun"
Ramona: "Obviously Cleopatra. C."


Ramona: "What? Only How? She's a queen, not a pharaoh!"


Rudy: "It's not C, so it should be B? I never heard of him."



Rudy: "Oh damn. Wrong. But my luck could have been worse."


Sienna: "Hatshepsut was the name of the temple we visited a few days ago, so I think that one is a pharaoh. E is King Tut, the most famous of them all, so I'm left with A."


Sienna is correct. Senenmut was a government official. She rolls a 5. Sheila also rolls a 5.


Zhang: "Argh! This is taking too long! They are moving closer! If I do not get this done soon, they cannot use the ladder!"


"Q3: Who did Cleopatra marry?
A: Mark Antony
B: Caesarion
C: Julius Caesar
D: Octavian
E: Abdel Fattah al-Sisi"
Rudy: "I need to get this right since the ladder isn't ready. I think it's A."


A is correct. Rudy rolls a 4, while everyone answers correctly and rolls 5s. However, Zhang has not completed fixing the first ladder and thus Ramona cannot use it.


"Q4: Which actor has never played the corresponding animal?
A: Matthew McConaughey - koala
B: Idris Elba - buffalo
C: Jason Sudeikis - bird
D: Mark Hamill - platypus
E: Kath Soucie - bunny"
Sienna: "I don't know who E is. E?"


That was incorrect so Sienna rolls a 2.

*
*
*



Kath Soucie voiced Lola Bunny from Space Jam.

*
*
*


Sheila: "Is it Perry the Platypus? That was by Dee Bradley Baker. Mark Hamill's the Star Wars guy."

*
*
*


Matthew McConaughey played Buster Moon (a koala) in Sing!


Idris Elba played Chief Bogo (a cape buffalo) in Zootopia


Jason Sudeikis played Red (a bird) in Angry Birds. Mark Hamill did not play a platypus. Sheila is correct, so she rolls a 6.

*
*
*


Zhang: "Finally done."
Ramona: "Too late. Ugh. The answer is D. Ooh, a 5."


Rudy also rolls a 5.


"Q5: Which song-musical pairing is incorrect?
A: Burn - Hamilton
B: I'm Alive - Next to Normal
C: Dead Girl Walking - Heathers
D: Good For You - Dear Evan Hansen
E: Think of Me - Cabaret"



Sheila: "I need to wait for Zhang to be done, so I need to get this wrong and take my time. Hmm...I will go with A."

*
*
*



*
*
*


A is incorrect. Fortunately for Sheila she rolls a 1.


Sienna: "I'm pretty sure D is by Olivia Rodrigo, so that's my answer."

*
*
*


There is indeed a song entitled Good For You in Dear Evan Hansen, therefore Sienna is incorrect. She also rolls a 1.

*
*
*


Rudy: "I don't watch musicals man...E?"

*
*
*


I'm Alive is from Next to Normal.


Dead Girl Walking is from Heathers.


E was the correct answer. Think of Me is from The Phantom of the Opera. 

*
*
*


Rudy rolls a 5 while Ramona rolls a 6.
Ramona: "Hurry up!"
Zhang: "I'm trying!"


"Q6: Which contestant painted in the first mission?
A: Rudy
B: Jordana
C: Raymundo
D: Samantha
E: Peter"


Zhang: "Done!"
Sheila: "Good. It's definitely A so my answer is B."

*
*
*


Among the choices, Rudy was the only painter in the first mission.

*
*
*


Sheila rolls a 3. That's the square with the first slippery snake. 


If Mary and Jordana fail to charm the snake, the path will be activated, sending Sheila backwards.


Sienna: "Yes! Sorry, but any disadvantage to you is an advantage to me."


Sheila: "Damn the two."


Ramona: "Do I try to go for the ladder and risk? Okay, I'll go for it. B."


Ramona: "2? I missed the ladder."


Rudy: "It's me but I want that ladder."


Rudy: "Could be worse."


Sienna: "I won't try and gamble on the ladder. I answer A: Rudy."


Sienna: "A 5! Bye guys!"
Ramona: "Darn you."

*
*
*


Mary: "This is so hard."
Jordana: "Hehe! Maybe a falcon got to the snake first."

*
*
*


Zhang: "How are you so fast?"


"Q7: Which contestant carried a Qing dynasty vase in their backpack in the second mission?"
A: Mary
B: Ted
C: Ramona
D: Sheila
E: Adriel"
Rudy: "I don't remember this one. Was it B: Ted?"

*
*
*


Ted didn't have a Qing dynasty vase in the second mission. It was Ramona.

*
*
*


Rudy is wrong and rolled a 2.


Sienna gets it right and rolls a 6, but nobody is there to hear her.


However, Sheila gets it right and rolls a 4. Ramona also gets it right as she was the one who carried it and rolls a 6.


"Q8: Which contestant sang Gangnam Style in the third mission?
A: Jordana
B: Mary
C: Adriel
D: Sienna
E: Samantha"
Rudy: "I have no idea. B? Oh yeah, a 4."


Sienna: "A 2. So it wasn't Jordana."


Sheila: "5. I'm so close to the ladder...should I risk it again?"


Ramona: "5. I'm right behind you, Sienna."


"Q9: Which contestant jogged in the fourth mission?
A: Zhang
B: Samantha
C: Ramona
D: Raymundo
E: Adriel"

*
*
*


Only two contestants jogged: Seamus and Zhang.

*
*
*


Rudy: "Raymundo wasn't even here by then. It's Zhang. A. Woo, a 4."




Ramona: "No way am I going to risk that snake. A. 5."


Sheila rolls a 5 and is finally catching up. Meanwhile, Sienna rolls a 6.


Sienna: "Are you done yet?"
Zhang: "Stop rushing me!"

*
*
*


Zhang: "They think it is very easy to fix ladders. They keep rushing me and asking me if I am done. Why don't they do it themselves then? Thinking about it makes me angry."

*
*
*


"Q10: Which contestant had the phrase 'Do I look like a princess?' in the fifth mission?
A: Jordana
B: Mary
C: Ramona
D: Adriel
E: Rudy"
Ramona: "That was just the previous mission. It was D."


Ramona rolls a 5.


Sheila answers D as well and rolls a 4.


Rudy: "A 4. If I get the next one wrong I may end up sliding back. What are Mary and Jordana doing?"

*
*
*


Jordana: "Hehe...I am out of breath."
Mary: "Me too. The darn snake won't listen to us."

*
*
*


Sienna: "A 5."


Zhang: "Another ladder fixed."




"Q11: Which contestant likes the colour purple?"
Ramona: "No multiple choice any more? I think it was Adriel. Yes! 4."


Sheila: "I am too far behind. I need a ladder to win. I'll risk it and say Ramona."


Sheila: "No! One space too far."


Sienna: "A 5."


Zhang: "It is important to hydrate."


Rudy: "Zhang?"


Rudy: "What a relief. 2. It seems the ladder isn't ready yet."


"Q12: Which contestant can play the piano?"
Sheila: "I don't think anyone here could play the piano. Was it Peter?"


Ramona: "Not Seamus, eh?"
Sienna: "Who can play the piano? Seamus said he could...although he played horribly."


Sienna: "It wasn't Seamus?"
Ramona: "Someone here lied to us about not being able to play the piano."


Zhang: "The final ladder has been fixed."
Rudy: "Great, because my answer is Sheila. Oh, it's wrong. But I got a 3."


"Q13: Which contestant listed The Matrix as their favourite movie?"
Sheila: "I could see Seamus listing it as his favourite. Oh, it wasn't. I got a 2."


Ramona answered Adriel while Sienna answered Raymundo, both of which are wrong. They rolled a 1.


Rudy: "I know this one, because The Matrix is one of my favourite movies. It's me."


Rudy: "Fuck a 6!"


Rudy: "My lead squandered...all because they couldn't charm a snake."

*
*
*


Mary: "Do you think we should give up? We're not going to get it."
Jordana: "How far along do you think they are? If they're almost at the top then I would say there's no more point."


Mary: "Is there even a snake in here?"

*
*
*

"Q14: Which contestant's favourite Mole is Douglas Chip?"
Ramona: "Who the hell would like Douglas Chip? My guess is Jordana."


Ramona: "That wasn't correct."


Rudy: "Fuck. My luck is gone. I got a 6 and I have to go back."


Sheila: "I would say Seamus put that down as a joke answer. Finally a 6."


Sienna answers Seamus and rolls a 5. The ladder in front of her is not for her use as it comes from a square below.


"Q15: Which contestant was most suspected in the first quiz?"
Ramona: "I think Seamus was quite suspicious. I was right! I got 5."


Sheila: "1. I answered Ted. Guess most of them didn't."


Rudy: "And I'm back up with a 4. When in doubt, always answer with Seamus."


Sienna: "A 5. Ooh, a travellator."


Sienna: "This is a small but useful boost. Anything to catch up to Rooney."


"Q16: Who among the final seven is most likely to die first in The Hunger Games?"
Rudy: "This was something we had to answer while on the trek here in private. I voted for Jordana. She's too clumsy. I hope the rest did too. My answer is Jordana."

Rudy: "Booyeah! A 4."


Rudy: "I'm almost to victory. If I can get the next 4 right..."


Sienna rolls a 4 while Ramona rolls a 6.


Sheila rolls a 5.

*
*
*


Mary: "You're doing it! Don't giggle; keep up the work!"
Jordana has managed to charm a snake. As long as the snake is charmed by Jordana, half of the snakes and poles in the tower will be deactivated.

*
*
*


"Q17: Who among the final seven has the highest woohoo body count?"
Sheila: "Ramona announced that she was in love with Adriel when he was executed, so she must be quite flirty. I can only guess her."


Sheila: "Oh, I'm right! I rolled a 6!"


Sienna: "We need to work together to stand a chance of catching up to Rooney. Who did you answer?"
Sheila: "I answered Ramona."
Ramona: "Makes sense."


"A 2. So it ain't me?"


Sienna rolls a 6 with Ramona as her answer.


While Ramona rolls a 5.

*
*
*



Jordana: "Hehe...out of breath..."
Mary: "It's going back in!"

*
*
*

"Q18: Who among the final seven is most likely to be good at trivia?"
Rudy: "Sienna! We need to work together to stand a chance at winning points. It's a foregone conclusion that I'll be first, so we should at least get something out of it."
Sienna: "You have a point..."
Rudy: "I answered Jordana because of the bird facts. Tell me who you answered!"


Sienna: "But I don't think it's foregone just yet. My guess is Mary."


That was incorrect but Sienna rolls a 3, getting her much closer to Rooney.


Ramona: "I have 2. I thought it would make sense that I know a lot."


Sheila: "Sienna seems like a smart woman who knows random things but I guess not everyone thinks that way. I rolled a 3."


Sienna: "I told you it wasn't a foregone conclusion."
Rudy: "I have to rely on myself now. Would the rest think the same way? Screw it, I'll stick with my gut and say it's Jordana."


Rudy: "A 4! I'm close."


"Q19: Who among the final seven is most likely to win a fight?"
Rudy: "I'm gonna win no matter what. I just need a 4. So help me out here. I was thinking it's me 'cause I look tough."
Sienna: "Since you're going to win anyway, then why do you need my help?"
Rudy: "Come on Sienna. What if I get really unlucky?"
Sienna: "Then I have a shot at winning."
Rudy: "Ugh, you're no help. I say it's me."


Rudy: "It's not me?"


Ramona: "I rolled 2 so that's something."


Sheila: "It's not Rooney...it has to be Zhang then. It makes sense that everyone would answer him right? He's very muscular and probably knows Sim fu. My answer is Zhang."


Sheila: "I'm right. I rolled a 4."


Sienna rolls a 6 with her answer of Zhang. Only one last question left.


"Q20: Who among the final seven is most likely to be the Mole based on the quizzes to date?"
Sienna: "Let's work together."
Rudy: "Oh, now you wanna work together. When I'm close to the end."


Rudy: "I'm gonna win regardless. I'm not that stupid to reveal my suspicions. I'm saying Sheila."


Rudy: "Oh, I rolled a 6."


Rudy: "WOO! I'M AT THE TOP BABY!"


Rudy: "Gotta get that exemption!"


Rudy: "Woo! What a rush!"


Sheila: "Wait, do all of you actually think I'm the Mole? I rolled a 6."
Zhang: "No comment."


Sienna: "Phew. Really lucked out there with a 4."


Rudy: "Welcome to the top. How does it feel?"
Sienna: "Thanks Rooney. Even if you didn't intend to help."
Rudy: "Ha!"


Ramona: "Adriel said it was Sheila so it must be Sheila...I knew it! 5! It must be Sheila!"

*
*
*


The mission is over. Rudy and Sienna made it to the end in exactly 20 questions, earning 40/80 points for the pot. To show some sportsmanship, Ramona and Sheila will continue playing till they reach the end, but without any questions or dice roll restrictions.













Sheila: "Finally."


The pot grows to 240/480 points, keeping the 50% mark. Will the share increase further?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!