Wednesday, 7 October 2026

64.02-A literal child


In the first episode of the Smole, eight furry and/or hairy contestants took part in a relay race. They had to finish within 30 minutes within each other to earn 50 points, which they barely succeeded in doing. The team comprising Earl, Terry, Pereditphe and Mister Whiskers finished first and won exemptions. This means that one of Pretteh, Nameless Dog, Kimberly or Duke will be executed first. Who will it be? Who is the Mole?

🐾

🐾

🐾



Duke: "We had the wrong strategy. But in all fairness, we had an old man and a literal child on our team. We should have had a handicap."


🐾

🐾

🐾



Terry: "Yum."
Nameless: "You dare eat the food?"
Terry: "It's left out for us."


Nameless: "I've seen too many comrades fall into the trap. I don't trust food that's laid like a trap."
Terry: "You're overthinking it."


Namaless: "But heck, that bowl of chow does look delicious..."
Terry: "I'm eating it and I'm fine."


Nameless: "Ah heck it. Either I get killed in a trap or I die or starvation. At least if I die I'll die with a full stomach."
Terry: "What's wrong with you?"


🐾

🐾

🐾



Terry: "That nameless dog says some weird things. Like traps and death and all that. I think he's been watching too much TV. Anyway, after dinner we all went to pick our beds. There were four pet beds in the stables with the horses and two kennels outside. I decided to keep Nameless company even though he didn't like it...Nameless. That sounds like a good name. That's what I'll call him from now on."


🐾

🐾

🐾



Pereditphe: "I heard that one of us only got onto the show because she's the pet of one of the crew. Explains why she was greeting us when we first arrived. Nepotist."


🐾

🐾

🐾



Pereditphe: "Look at her. I've never seen a pet get so used to new surroundings so quickly."


Pretteh: "She greeted me when I first arrived here."
Pereditphe: "Me too...why do you think she was given this task? A contestant wouldn't have to greet others."


Pretteh: "Why not just ask her directly?"
Pereditphe: "What are you doing?"


Pretteh: "Wake up. Wake up! WAKE UP!"


Mister Whiskers: "Huh? Oh good morning Pretteh. How may I help you?"


Pretteh: "Why were you greeting us when we arrived yesterday morning?"
Mister Whiskers: "Oh, because I've lived here before."
Pretteh: "What?"
Mister Whiskers: "I'm the housecat of one of the crew."


Pretteh: "Hmm..."
Mister Whiskers: "I'm not the Mole if that's what you're thinking."


Mister Whiskers: "I just made it worse, didn't I?"


Mister Whiskers: "He's just crew. He's not involved in the Mole selection. That's a conflict of interest."
Pereditphe: "It's a conflict of interest the moment you showed up on our doorstep."
Pretteh: "Maybe she's right. After all, I wouldn't trust someone who calls a female cat a 'mister' to put said cat as the Mole."
Pereditphe: "Hmph."


Pereditphe: "Also, cover your lady bits. That was so obscene."

🐾

🐾

🐾



Mister Whiskers: "I don't get it. I thought I'd be friendly and welcome everyone to the house because I know how terrifying it is to be somewhere new. Now somehow I'm the antagonist?"


🐾

🐾

🐾



Duke: "This backyard is our playground."
Earl: "It is. It's too bad we were forced to be competitors in the earlier mission. I think we're stronger when we work together."
Duke: "Just you wait. I'll beat you in the next race."


Kimberly: "Oop!"
Earl: "Shit. Did I trample on somebody?"


Kimberly: "It's just me. Me and my clumsy paws."


Earl: "Were you eavesdropping on us?"
Kimberly: "No I wasn't! I swear! I just...I just watched you from here."
Duke: "Why not join us?"
Kimberly: "I...rather not. I'll just stay here where it's safer."
Earl: "It's for the best."


Kimberly: "Both of you are so big and tall and strong. Even bigger than my humans! I want to be just like you when I grow up."
Duke: "Aw that's cute."


Earl: "You're a dog and we're horses. Not just any horses; the cream of the crop. You'll never be like us."
Duke: "Don't squash her dreams Earl."
Earl: "There's no point leading her on."


🐾

🐾

🐾


It is time for the quiz. 


Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: Does the Mole have fur?
A: Yes
B: No

Q3: Does the Mole have heterochromia?
A: Yes
B: No

Q4: In Mission 1, which team was the Mole on?
A: First team
B: Second team

Q5: Which part of the relay race did the Mole race in Mission 1?
A: Leg 1 
B: Leg 2
C: Leg 3
D: Leg 4

Q6: Was the Mole competing against an elder in the same leg in Mission 1?
A: Yes
B: No

Q7: In Mission 1, was the Mole ahead of his or her same-leg competitor?
A: Yes
B: No

Q8: In Mission 1, where did the Mole start?
A: Eucalyptus Drive
B: Derby Spur
C: Floodplain Lane
D: None of the above

Q9: Did the Mole get an exemption in Mission 1?
A: Yes
B: No

Q10: Who is the Mole?
A: Duke Oestegas
B: Earl Rembrandt
C: Mister Whiskers Kailo
D: Pretteh Dewick
E: Terry Terrier
F: Kimberly Brick
G: Pereditphe Stworthington III Jr Mitchell
H: Nameless Dog


🐾

🐾

🐾



Pretteh: "We took the quiz by answering questions. In private, of course. There is no way I'm letting anyone know I'm onto Mister Whiskers, despite whatever she says."


🐾

🐾

🐾



"Contestants, welcome to your first execution ceremony. Half of you are safe but half of you aren't. The lowest scoring one of you four will be executed tonight."


"One by one, you will go up to the light in front of you. If it turns green, you are safe. If it turns red, you are executed."


"Pretteh Dewick, let's start with you."


Pretteh: "There's the light."

🐾

🐾

🐾

🐾

🐾

🐾

🐾

🐾



Pretteh: "It's a beautiful bright neon green."
"Congratulations Pretteh, you survived your first execution ceremony."


"Duke Oestegas."
Duke: "It's my turn."

🐾

🐾

🐾

🐾

🐾

🐾

🐾

🐾



Duke: "OW that's so bright."
"You survived as well. Another green light. That means either the nameless dog or Kimberly will be leaving tonight."


Nameless: "I'll go. I'm not afraid of no light."

🐾

🐾

🐾

🐾

🐾

🐾

🐾

🐾




Nameless: "It's green as well."


Kimberly: "Oh no. I lost?"
"Kimberly Brick, please step up to meet your fate."


Kimberly: "Ow!"

🐾

🐾

🐾

🐾

🐾

🐾

🐾

🐾



Kimberly: "Ahh, it's red!"


"Unfortunately, Kimberly Brick, you are the first to be executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Terry: "Poor Kimberly!"
Duke: "You did really well Kimberly."


Kimberly: "I'm sad that I lost. I thought it had to be this guy because everyone else couldn't be the Mole, it didn't make sense. I was wrong. But I also miss my family and home a lot. It's been such an adventure and I'm ready to go back home."
"It was great to have you Kimberly. We hope to see you again."


The youngest contestant has been executed! It's clear the Mole is mature, but who is the Mole?

🐾🐾🐾

Pot: 50/50

🐾🐾🐾


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!