Saturday 13 September 2014

13.04-Execute yourself

Welcome to the Smole! Previously the 8 contestants went to participate in a quiz about the Moles of previous seasons. One by one they fell until Matthew was the sole survivor who earned an exemption. 540/800 points were earned, or 600/880. There was a double execution and both Dolly and Vlad were sent packing. Who will be next? Can these Moles win at their own game?


***















Skye: “Life’s been as per normal after the Smole. I’m still in the Organisation. There’s no way I can leave. I just have to be extra careful. I didn’t exact revenge on Heather because she’s right. I did betray her by being the Mole, but I’m stilll not forgiving her. I did overhear the Organisation bribing or blackmailing her Editor or something, so thankfully nothing was revealed, or I’ll be beheaded. I also did overhear about them wanting to get back at Heather for trying to expose them. I’m completely fine with that.”



Matthew: “I’ve never really tried cooking. I usually have a butler.”


Skye: “I love my collections.”
Michael: “If you can survive.”
Skye: “I will.”



Dory: “What was I going to do again? There’s this cup in my hand…”

***


Skye: “Get out of my way.”
Timothy: “You’re as annoying as this dishwasher.”
Skye: “Well, then execute yourself.”
Timothy: “You need help. Seriously. Speaking of which,”


Timothy: “I’ll try to help you Dory.”
Dory: “Thanks. But for what?”
Timothy: “Exactly.”

***
 

Contestants are going to another house for their next mission. Skip a season to Season 8, where we see them forming theories about yet another murder that has occurred. 3 contestants will be exploring the house while the other 3 will be entering the morgue. They will then meet to discuss information (or not) and then form their theories. The one with the closest theory wins the exemption. Anyone who correctly identifies the murderer earns 10 points. This is worth 60 points.


These 3 will be entering the house.


Timothy: “Maybe I shouldn’t have eaten the burnt waffles…”
Skye: “What? This is stupid. I don’t want to partake in the mission.”
Timothy: “Well, if you don’t want others to suspect you as the Mole and then you possibly being eliminated because of that, you better help.”


Skye: “I’ve got an idea. I say we split up.”
Timothy: “Uh, no. I can’t trust you two.”
Skye: “If we run out of time it’s going to be because of you.”
Timothy: “Fine. Skye, you go left. Dory, go forward.”


Dory: “Okay. Where again?”
Skye: “Forward, idiot.”
Timothy: “I wonder if there’s any incriminating evidence within this plant.”


Skye: “This room is awfully empty. And it reeks a little.”


These 3 will be entering the morgue. We’ll get to them later.

***


Dory: “Oh what a lovely flower!”


Skye: “So that’s where the music is coming from! It’s blasting my ears! I’m going to turn it off.”


Skye: “I’m getting old. Well at least we know this mirror works.”


Timothy: “There’s got to be hidden clues around here somewhere. Maybe it’s in a book!”


Dory: “What was I going to do again? Oh, right. Walk into the kitchen. Marvellous! I remembered!”


Skye: “Could there be something hidden under the pillow? Wait, why am I even helping? I’m sure the murderer has a valid reason so I shouldn’t even be probing.”


Dory: “Whee! The water is fun! Splish splash!”


Timothy: “This book ‘Unlocking the heart and mind’ will be useful for Skye but not for this mission. Gosh we’re running out of time.”


Dory: “What’s this? Alcohol?”


Dory: “Oh, there’s a door!”


Skye: “My hands are clammy. At least I know the sink works.”


Skye: “This mat is a little wet. What’s up with all the wet mats? Well, at the very least there are blinds here. The only form of privacy in the house other than doors.”


Timothy: “The toilet isn’t clogged up, so nothing was flushed down there. Fortunately. If not I wouldn’t want to put my hand in there. The washing machine seems to have clothes in there too, but nobody washed them.”


Dory: “Ooh, a bar!”


Timothy: “Dory! We’re doing a mission here! Would you mind stopping?”
Dory: “Whoops! Wait, what was I doing again?”
Timothy: “Um, helping me look for clues.”



Timothy: “There’s a missing flower.”
Dory: “Isn’t it on top?”
Timothy: “I don’t know why that’s on top…but you could be right.”

***


Guillermo: “Gosh, poor guy.”
Michael: “Meh, serves him right. I’m not interested in finding out how he died since it won’t change anything. Besides, it’s probably fake. You can buy this photo anywhere.”
Guillermo: “So you’re saying he reincarnated and then got killed again.”
Matthew: “Guillermo! Come out here! I found something!”


Michael: “You will be loved, Mr. Jacob Long.”

***


Guillermo: “What is it?”
Matthew: “Nothing. I just wanted to see if Michael is the Mole. Let’s watch him to see if he will continue looking for evidence.”
Guillermo: “This isn’t good for the team, but at least I know you suspect him. Shall we form a coalition?”
Matthew: “Surprised you trust me. Very well. We have the experience anyway.”

***


Guillermo: “Hmm…apparently the reports show that water filled up his lungs.”
Matthew: “So he died by drowning then.”
Guillermo: “That’s what the X-rays show.”


Michael: “We can’t access the computer! It’s password-protected!”
Matthew: “Ha! Moleish behaviour! The password is written there!”
Michael: “Oh. How was I supposed to know?”


Matthew: “He’s very suspicious.”
Guillermo: “If he is the Mole, we can’t let him have a chance to sabotage, like last season’s Skye.”
Michael: “He’s married and age 30, according to his files. Time of death is 8:27PM. He was found floating in the pool by his wife the next day, after a party.”


Guillermo: “Let’s hear what the suspects have to say.”
Susie Long (Jacob’s wife): “We were having a party and because I was unwell, I retired to bed early. I had no idea one of the party guests would murder him! It must be that Maria De Cruz. I suspect she’s Jacob’s lover and upon realizing that he will never leave me for her, drowned her in the pool.”


 

Guillermo: “Hmm…let’s hear the next one.”
Josh Plight (Party guest): “I was invited to Jacob’s party. It wasn’t a particularly big group of guests. He only invited me and Maria. He said he could only trust us as his confidants and bosom friends. We were having a great time and I don’t remember much because I was a little tipsy, but before I dozed off I vaguely remember someone in the pool.”


 
Maria De Cruz (Party Guest): “I feel deeply saddened by the loss of such a good friend. He could only trust us and yet someone ended up betraying him. Jacob was making eyes at me the whole time but I swear it was platonic. Maybe I shouldn’t have worn such a skimpy outfit for the pool party. Could he have fallen in by accident? Otherwise, I don’t know what happened. I did stay to clean up the place, seeing as Josh was drunk and Susie was asleep. Jacob also went inside the house to take a bath before sleeping.  I went to the kitchen to clean the dishes and then I went home. I should have double-checked.”

***


Time for them to congregate.


Timothy: “I think I shall start. I found nothing out of the blue, other than some unwashed clothes in the washing machine. I suppose Susie wanted to clean.”
Matthew: “She was asleep by then.”
Timothy: “There was also a clothesline outside with hanging clothes. I think I can tie it all in. Also, there are glass shards in the dustbin and a flower.”


Timothy: “The recliner outside was slightly ruffled because someone sat on it.”
Dory: “Oh, there was also….also…something. I forgot.”
Timothy: “There was a flower on top of the grill too. Anything to share, Skye?”
Skye: “I found nothing.”
Timothy: “Really? You should share.”
Skye: “Alright, there was a foggy mirror because the wife went to take a bath before sleeping.”


Guillermo: “I noticed the rugs in the hallways are a bit wet and are atypical rugs. They aren’t furry. They feel like cloth.”
Michael: “That’s not your business, Guillermo. We found out that Jacob Long was married and 30 when he died. He died by pneumonia.”


Matthew: “Share what you found in the computer.”
Michael: “That’s it. Oh, he was also found in the pool.”
Matthew: “So I believe he drowned in the pool. Josh Plight and Maria De Cruz were party guests and Maria is suspected to be Jacob’s lover. According to the wife Susie, Maria was upset that Jacob refused to divorce Susie so she drowned her.”


Dory: “That’s terrible! My heart goes out to him. How did the other party guest not see it then? Unless you mentioned it already.”
Matthew: “He was drunk and fell asleep.”
“Time’s up! Time to form your theories!”


Matthew: “In my book, I feel that Maria De Cruz was the killer. She must have been jealous and angry. Women are the vilest. Susie’s statement completely says it all. Even Maria admitted she and Jacob shared some clandestine relationship. She got into a heated argument with Jacob over his refusal to divorce and as such she pushed him into the pool and ran home, trying to blame it on an semi-conscious Josh.”

***


Skye: “I suspect it’s Maria De Cruz. I know it’s her. Maria fought with Jacob because she wanted to be the legal wife. She waited for Susie to go to sleep before she brought it up. Jacob was upset and they got into a tussle. Josh was drinking and fell asleep on the lounge chair. Maria pushed Jacob into the pool and in a state of shock, she took off. Coward.”


Timothy: “I have a feeling the murderer is Susie Long. Things are never that simple. I recall hearing music when I entered the house but it stopped halfway. I went the same route as Dory and found no stereos, so Skye must have turned it off. But that doesn’t stop me. I also found a bottle of alcohol in the kitchen and Guillermo’s statement got me thinking. I think Susie intended to get the guests drunk so she could kill her husband because of his supposed infidelity. Unfortunately only Josh got drunk and killing him outside would be too obvious, so Susie lured him into bathroom to drown him. She locked the door and blasted music to prevent others from hearing. She then removed all the curtains in the house and cut them up to form rugs to prevent water from dripping as she threw him into the pool the next day. There were no cuts or traces of blood anywhere, so the broken flower vase was a throw-off, an attempt to frame Maria.”


Michael: “It’s Maria De Cruz. Everything falls neatly in place. She wanted their relationship to be public so she wanted Jacob to divorce Susie Long. He refused, they fought, then she pushed him into the pool and drowned him, pushing him down whenever he tried to resurface. Josh came in and was horrified to see it. By then Jacob had died so Susie tried to hush Josh and poured alcohol into him to mess with his senses. She then took flight. His swimming trunks happened to float away.”


Guillermo: “It was Susie Long. She wasn’t asleep at all and she was trying to frame the murder on Maria. Susie must have brought out the alcohol and caused Josh to be drunk. Then she needed to get rid of Maria so she pretended to go to sleep until she left, then drowned Jacob in the pool. He was found to be wearing nothing when he died so Susie dragged him out of the bath and into the pool, forcing him to drown. She then broke a vase and threw it in the dustbin to try and frame Maria. But there was no sign of cuts or bleeding. Or bruises for that matter.”


Dory: “I think that guy was murdered by the other guy, whatshisface. Oh right, Josh Plight. He pretended to be drunk but I don’t remember seeing any wine or anything. Susie was asleep and Maria had gone home, leaving Josh alone with the other guy. He was gay and could not get the other guy’s love so he was upset and killed him by throwing him in the pool. Only guys are capable of murder. He’s got to be strong to kill the guy.”


***


 

Skye’s theory does not win the exemption.



Matthew’s theory does not win the exemption.


Dory’s theory does not win the exemption.


Michael’s theory does not win the exemption.


Guillermo’s theory does not win the exemption. Which means to say Timothy wins the exemption!


Actual events: Susie killed Jacob. Susie suspected Maria to be Jacob’s lover. The party was the perfect opportunity to get rid of him. She turned up the music really loud. Jacob brought out the alcohol. They had a pool party and towards the end, Jacob left to take a bath. Nobody had heard any quarrels or anything, partly due to the stereo. Susie then locked the door. There was a medicine cabinet containing sleeping pills which nobody found. Susie had spiked Jacob’s alcohol with the pills, which is why Jacob went to take a bath because he felt groggy and wanted to freshen up. When all the guests left, she removed all the curtains in the house, save for the blind because they could not be used, and cut them up and lay them nicely so that water would fall on them and not the floor, thus they felt slightly damp. She then dragged Jacob’s naked body out and threw him into the pool, hence no sign of swimwear anywhere. Susie than attempted to frame Maria by breaking a flower vase by the grill and throwing it in the dustbin, to make it seem like Maria had attacked Jacob.

As such, only Guillermo and Timothy identified the killer correctly, and thus 20/60 points are earned, or 620/940 points. They head home and take the quiz.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!