Friday 5 September 2014

12.20-Expose the Mole



Towards the finale, the contestants either revise their journal…


…clean up the house….


…or enjoy themselves.

***

 
Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: What colour hair does the Mole have?
A: Red
B: Black
C: Brown

Q3: The Mole has a similarly-designed top with which previous contestant?
A: Aya Ulu
B: Nobody

Q4: What career is the Mole employed in?
A: Acting
B: Criminal
C: Journalism

Q5: What colour is the Mole’s lipstick?
A: Red
B: Grey
C: The Mole doesn’t wear lipstick


Heather: “I find this quiz manageable because we’ve been conditioned to specificity since the start and it’s a 50/50 chance of guessing the Mole correctly. The first 50 is to the suspicious Skye Lowe. So I betrayed him, but it was for my job, and I regret it. He, on the other hand, seems to enjoy betraying the group and sabotaging and taking points away from the Pot because he feels like it. Is he being too obvious? Maybe that’s what he wants others to think.

The other 50 is to quiet Jolin. Jolin is famous. Imagine what the fans would think if she was the Mole! She was very quiet and shy at the start and only got well with Dominic. She managed to convince Dominic that the Mole was Eugene and while he got punishment for it, she’s here scot-free. Suspicious much? Maybe the 2nd last mission was a clue to her.”


Q6: In Mission 1, who was the Mole’s interview partner? In Mission 3, whose statement did the Mole get?
A: Flynn Moto
B: Vince Da Leon
C: Mona Panting

Q7: In Mission 2, did the Mole say the phrase?
A: Yes
B: No

Q8: In Mission 4, how much did the Mole spend?
A: $1341
B: $5439
C: $0

Q9: In Mission 5, did the Mole earn an exemption?
A: Yes
B: No

Q10: In Mission 6, who did the Mole vote for?
A: Eugene Sassy
B: Cynthia Tigress
C: Jo Lin


Skye: “Okay, I’m forced to do an analysis. Right, there is Jo Lin, the famous actress and singer. She’s pretty suspicious since she’s so quiet despite being so well-known. You’d expect them to be loud. Maybe she has a guilty conscience and is trying to hide it from everyone by not saying anything. Has she sabotaged? Definitely, but it’s very discreet since most attention is thrown on me.

Heather Long, that betrayer. She’s very smart and cunning. She’s not ethical and will resort to any method to get what she wants. She made use of me, probably to deflect suspicion as well. Clever girl. She also managed to get the lowest twice. It’s hard to score so low in the early stages, but both  times she was saved, because she was the Mole?”



Q11: In Mission 7, who was the Mole’s dance partner?
A: Heather Long
B: Skye Lowe
C: Dominic Kaliton

Q12: In Mission 8, which instrument did the Mole pick?
A: Bass
B: Guitar
C: Piano

Q13: In Mission 9, how much was the Mole’s painting worth?
A: 0 Simoleons
B: 2 Simoleons
C: 12 Simoleons

Q14: In Mission 10, which car did the Mole race in?
A: Green van
B: Yellow van
C: Checkered van

Q15: Who is the Mole?
A: Jo Lin
B: Skye Lowe
C: Heather Long


Jo: “I hope I’m right. I’m really just betting on it. Let’s see Heather Long. She’s a reporter who has tried various means and ways to sabotage and survive in this game. Perfect Mole conditions. She’s the only redhead too, and in Season 7 Dolly, the only redhead, was the Mole. Not to mention her sudden betrayal which took everyone by surprise and the fact that she backdoored Eugene. I think she’s a crafty one and likely to be the Mole.

Then there’s Skye Lowe. He’s the obvious target. His ruthless sabotage made him an obvious target, but any Mole would have stopped. Instead he continued on. Of course, he suits the role of the Mole too and I find it uncanny that he only tied once and made it to the finale since he seems so disinterested in the game.”

***
 

“Welcome to the finale! Let’s invite our contestants in, starting with Flynn Moto!”
Flynn: “I made it a point to come back to expose the Mole.”


“Followed by Honey Pearl Thurman!”
Honey: “Hello ingrates!”


“Let us welcome back Cynthia Tigress!”
Cynthia: “I want to go after the Mole that made me lose and spank him on the buttocks 12 times.”


“Who could forget Eugene Sassy?”
Eugene: “Yo! The Sassinator is back and ready to seek out that Mole!”


“Last but not least, Dominic Kaliton!”
Dominic: “I should be one of the finalists. Dominica and the rest will ridicule me!”
“Lisa I. Upp was unable to make it and neither was Calvin Hobus, who’s grumbling that he was out first.”


“Before we start, let’s watch a performance by one of our previous contestants! She has practiced hard for this day and we applaud her effort.”


“Let’s welcome on stage Mona Panting!”
Mona: “I didn’t get much time to practice but I have high expectations of myself and will put on a good show for all of you.”


Flynn: “Hot!”
Eugene: “Blazing hot!”


Mona: “Okay I’m getting dizzy.”


Mona: “Yucks. That’s going to be hard to get rid of.”


Mona: “Sorry about that. Let’s go on to the next act!”


Honey: “Let’s give her some applause! She is good!”


Mona: “Success! Thank you everyone! For my next act…”
“Sorry Mona, but we’re running short on time. Let’s watch the sabotages of the finalists, shall we?”


Mona: “Fine.”


“Like I said, the sabotages:

Jo Lin:
  1. Mission 1-Jo asked a question to which Mona droned, thus losing points since they ran out of time.
  2. Mission 2-No sabotage. However the way she spread the message was risky as Heather could have easily dismissed it as small talk.
  3. Mission 3-No sabotage.
  4. Mission 4-Jo overspent just by a little bit.
  5. Mission 5-Jo blocked Eugene’s way, causing him to be out. She also asked Dominic to sit at the other chair during ‘Musical Chairs’.
  6. Mission 6-No sabotage.
  7. Mission 7-Jo constantly stepped on Dominic’s toes and suggested stopping the dance. However they earned points and exemptions so this was overlooked.
  8. Mission 8-Jo did not gain a new skill in time even though she played the piano before.
  9. Mission 9-No sabotage
  10. Mission 10-Jo lagged far behind at the start, but eventually caught up, nearly running out of time.


Skye Lowe:
  1. Mission 1-Skye didn’t answer Flynn’s last question, losing points. He also pressed Flynn to answer his question which Flynn was unable to.
  2. Mission 2-Skye attempted to get Heather to dismiss the phrase, claiming it was just ‘small talk’. He failed though as Heather unwittingly spread it.
  3. Mission 3-Skye chose to work alone, thus being unable to hear the input of others, leading him to get his statement wrong.
  4. Mission 4-Skye didn’t bother doing anything, thus losing points.
  5. Mission 5-Skye never sat down within 3 seconds and thus never helped earn points in musical chairs. In Dog & Bone, Skye stalled and didn’t know his number was the only number not called until Eugene prompted him. Skye also tried to get Heather and Jo to give in to him but failed.
  6. Mission 6-No sabotage.
  7. Mission 7-Skye gave up after being stepped on without hitting 3 hours.
  8. Mission 8-No sabotage.
  9. Mission 9-Skye did not finish his painitng.
  10. Mission 10-Skye slowed down, allowing Jo to catch up and overtake him, giving him last place.


Heather Long:
  1. Mission 1-No sabotage.
  2. Mission 2-No sabotage, but she didn’t even know she was spreading the message.
  3. Mission 3-No sabotage.
  4. Mission 4-No sabotage, but she did waste some money on mirrors even though only 1 was necessary. (She bought 2)
  5. Mission 5-Heather refused to let Skye sit in musical chairs which caused him to be eliminated.
  6. Mission 6-Heather voted for the minority even though her vote was crucial to adding points.
  7. Mission 7-Heather constantly stepped on Skye’s toes, eventually causing him to be fed up and stop the mission.
  8. Mission 8-Heather was unable to gain a skill point in time although she was close.
  9. Mission 9-No sabotage.
  10. Mission 10-No sabotage.”


 

“Who do you guys think the Mole is?”
Honey: “Jo, because Skye is just a grumpy kid who is trying too hard to be the Mole and Jo is very discreet.”
Flynn: “Skye Lowe. Definitely him.”
Eugene: “I would say it’s Heather Long because I chose Skye in my last quiz before I was executed.”
Cynthia: “Skye Lowe. It’s strange he made it so far.”
Dominic: “Skye Lowe. I’m thinking it can’t be Jo and I chose Heather in my last quiz.”
Mona: “If Eugene voted for Skye and you voted for Heather and you both were out, that means Jo Lin is the Mole.”


“Since Skye is the most popular Mole choice, let’s invite him out to reveal his identity!”



Skye: “I knew I couldn’t fool you guys. I’m the Mole. Yep, me. I didn’t really care about how others thought of me and whether I was suspected. I noticed previous Moles did that and thus kept losing. I chose to sabotage ruthlessly without care to earn points for my Pot. It would be obvious if you thought about it. But halfway through others thought I was too obvious. Good for me I guess. It was a thrill fooling you all and I’m used to it anyway. It’s even better now that I’ve got the money.”

“Congratulations Skye on winning this season, because you’ve earned 1210/2100 points, or 1,210,000 Simoleons! We actually had another act by Vince but he somehow lost his way and ended up in Canada. Don’t ask me how. So, who do you think the winner is Skye?”

Skye: “Heather Long. She backstabbed me but she’s good.”


Heather: “Let’s invite her in then!”
Heather: “Hello everybody!”


Heather: “I’m here to tell you all that I’m the winner. It was a bittersweet ride for me. I found it hard to do my job and look for the Mole at the same time, which is why I kept failing in earlier missions. Later on I had a hunch Skye had some good scoop so I clung onto him and I’m genuinely sorry for treating you like this but it’s part of the game and you lied to me. You’re the Mole, so we’re quits. My article got rejected anyway so I hope you’re not planning any revenge or anything. I’m still glad to have won though. I just wished I had caught onto Skye earlier and prevented him from sabotaging so much. I hate myself for that.”

“Nevertheless, you earned 890/2100 points, or 890,000 Simoleons to bring home! You also earned the prestigious title of winner of the Smole, Season 12!”


“Now let’s invite the runner-up onstage.”
Jo: “Well, I tried my best but still couldn’t win. I gave it my all but I’m embarrassed to say I banked on Heather on that last quiz. I must have failed. It’s really luck that brought me thus far and I’m happy to let Heather win. I don’t particularly need the fame or money anyway. I made it to the final, which is impressive and I’m sure my fans will appreciate that. I’ll help you by putting in a good word for you, Dominic.”


“Thank you for your excellent gameplay Jo Lin and everyone else! Heather Long scored a grand total of 77.3% while Jo had 41.8%."


“Our final performance is by Jo Lin! Take it away, Jo!”


“Now, time for the clues.

  • There was a blue cloth hanging on the wall, visibly seen when one enters the house. It would seem very out of place, considering the fact that the rest of the room is in red mostly and nothing on blue. The blue and black (and white) cloth represented the colours on Skye.

Notice the blue-black-white cloth?

  • The computer chair has all the patterns that can be found on Skye’s various clothes. The stripes at the legs are found on his everyday jacket. The seat and back of the chair is found in his athletic wear.  Another part of the chair has the same design as his inner shirt in his sleepwear.
The only reason why so much money is wasted on getting a customised chair.



  • Skye’s past makes the perfect excuse for him to sabotage.

  • All, or most, names were found in the show except for Skye’s. Being the only one who didn’t have his name referred to him means that he’s the Mole.
    • Episode 1-Mona’s painting
    • Episode 1-Dominic’s name on quiz
    • Episode 2-Eugene’s name on rocking chair
    • Episode 3-Heather’s articles compiled in a book
    • Episode 3-Flynn’s name on TV
    • Episode 4-Honey’s initials on the Mole banner
    • Episode 5-Cynthia’s nickname on the book in ‘Dog and Bone’
    • Episode 6-Vince’s name on the quiz.
    • Episode 7-Jo’s song played during the dance.

  • Episode 2-Skye isn’t psychic. The only reason he knows about Flynn’s past is because he took a look at everyone’s bios, which normal contestants do not have access to.




Skye: “Scumbag! You’re just a thief, admit it. I’m nothing like you. I don’t need love or attention or care how society looks at me. I have no reputation to upkeep anyway. You on the other hand…you are supposed to be a businessman, but you’re actually a robber at night! You made your fiancée break up with her boyfriend to elope with you, and at your bachelor party, you ditched her for the party dancer!”
Flynn: “How...how did you know?”
Skye: “I know a lot of things you don’t.”

  • Episode 2-The phrase ‘the sky is blue today’ is a clue. Sky and Skye are homonyms, thus it referred to him.

  • Episode 5-The chairs used in the mission were in black and (dark) blue. This could be seen as Skye’s hair or his main colour (blue) and the darkness in his heart (black).
Pretty hard to tell, but it is indeed blue and black.



  • Episode 5-This isn’t a clue but it’s worth noting that Skye’s tie was fake and that Cynthia was bribed to vote for Honey (or anyone who's not Skye) and not for Skye, which is why Skye survived.



Cynthia: “I’m voting for Honey. Although Vince and Skye have bad attributes, the way Skye phrased it made it sound as if I’m a bad person if I deny him that chance. So Honey, because you were the lowest once. And we don’t need another teacher around here.”

  • Episode 10-Skye’s van was a clue. It was checkered and his jacket in his sleepwear is checkered, so it’s a clue to him.
What kind of sick production team will buy such a gaudy van if not for the clues?


That’s it! There may have been other minor clues but these are the official ones.”


“Thank you everyone for attending and viewing the Smole, Season 12. We congratulate Heather and Skye on their victory as well.”

***


Contestant
Epi 1
Epi 2
Epi 3
Epi 4
Epi 5
Epi 6
Epi 7
Epi 8
Epi 9
Epi 10
Heather Long
(5/Mona)
(1/Dominic)
(3/Mona)
(5/Vince)
(6/Vince)
(4/Vince)
(8/Eugene)
(6/Skye)
(8/Skye)
(15/Skye)
Skye Lowe
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Jo Lin
(3/Eugene)
(5/Skye)
(3/Eugene)
(5/Eugene)
(5/Eugene)
(4/Eugene)
(4/Eugene)
(3/Eugene)
(6/Skye)
(5/Heather)
Dominic Kaliton
(5/Flynn)
(5/Honey)
(3/Flynn)
(4/Honey)
(4/Eugene)
(5/Eugene)
(3/Eugene)
(3/Eugene)
(7/Skye)

Eugene Sassy
(6/Mona)
(9/Skye)
(6/Skye)
(5/Vince)
(5/Skye)
(4/Cynthia)
(4/Cynthia)
(3/Heather)


Cynthia Tigress
(4/Lisa)
(5/Skye)
(8/Skye)
(6/Flynn)
(5/Skye)
(4/Eugene)
(3/Eugene)



Vince Da Leon
(3/Dominic)
(4/Honey)
(5/Mona)
(5/Heather)
(3/Dominic)
(4/Eugene)




Honey Pearl Thurman
(3/Calvin)
(3/Dominic)
(3/Eugene)
(1/Heather)
(3/Heather)





Flynn Moto
(4/Cynthia)
(6/Skye)
(4/Cynthia)
(4/Cynthia)






Mona Panting
(4/Jo)
(5/Skye)
(3/Vince)







Lisa I. Upp
(3/Cynthia)
(1/Mona)








Calvin Hobus
(0/Dominic)









*Red means out, green means exemption, black means not in game, yellow means executed by voting, brown means lowest score but survived voting.
**This season’s average scores were higher, with contestants rarely scoring less than 3.
***Whenever Flynn answered Cynthia, he scored 4.
****Jo would not have made it to the finals if not for her exemption.
*****Eugene was surprisingly a popular target.
******Skye’s only tie was fake since he did not have to take the quiz.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!