Thursday 8 January 2015

16.18-Played by fate





12 players entered the game, and 9 have been played by fate, returning home in sorrow and dismay. Derek was the last contestant to be executed, after helping the team to earn 100/200 points, or 1042/1340 points. With Cheryl, Philo and Janet left, which Pink will win and which Purple is the Mole?


***


Philo: “It’s almost up…what will I do after this? Will I still be famous? Buddha, please help me to win! Where’s my talisman?”

***


Nearer to the final mission, contestants think about life…

…play with themselves…
…and act like a boss. Surprisingly nobody chose to read their journals.

Cheryl: “This is disgusting! YOU! Camera man! Go get me a new drink! NOW! Or I shall splash this onto your face! And come and haunt your family and burn your house down!”
Random deer by the name of Bambina.

***
Cheryl: “All you guys, your acting is rubbish. I can see through both of your acting easily!”
Janet: “Our acting skills are not rubbish!”

Janet: “I tell you that I’ve won countless prizes as Juliet! You? You have nothing but a name! I had enough of your bossiness!”












Cheryl: “The last mission felt like it was a link back to the first.”

***

“Welcome contestants, to your final mission. You can earn a total of 160 points.”
Cheryl: “Who are you? You don’t sound like the usual host.”
“Because I’m not. Your host is held captive, and if you want to see him alive, you make sure you solve my riddle. It’s all or nothing. So, shall we begin?”
Janet: “Preposterous!”
Philo: “Janet, this isn’t some serial killer you hired right?”
Cheryl: “Enough yapping. Bring me the riddle!”
“Oh, you have to win the war against the black and whites to get that.”
Cheryl: “What? How dare you! I demand you give me a direct answer now!”
Janet: “I’m sure that defeats the point of a riddle. So…black and white…war…why does that remind me so much of chess?”
Philo: “Maybe you’re right! The park! I bet the answer lies in the park!”




Janet: “I see the chess tables!”
Cheryl: “Now, now, no need to rush.”

Philo: “I’m betting this is the place. Our answer is here somewhere!”



Philo: “Come, we have a war to win!”

Cheryl: “Hmm…the chess pieces are already in certain positions…could it be here somewhere?”


***

Janet: “Okay, you won, now what?”
Philo: “Strange…I was certain of it!”



Janet: “We will never progress like this!”
Cheryl: “Idiots. There are thousands of chess tables in this whole neighbourhood. I’m saying it’s the beach.”


Janet: “I need to pee first.”
Philo: “I’ll wait. Cheryl! Wait!”



Cheryl: “Time waits for no man. If you useless subordinates don’t know that time is money and the urgency of this situation, then you’re fired.”

***

At the beach…

Janet: “Eek! Look! You guys did it! By winning the game you’ve unlocked some chasm! The squares moving!”
Cheryl: “There’s a clue here…fishing for art…what?”


Janet: “That looks like Charlotte over there. Let’s say hi.”
Cheryl: “Don’t waste your time!”
Janet: “She’s quite good in art. Maybe she is the answer!”



Philo: “Hey Charlotte, what’s wrong?”
Charlotte: “Some evil man came and threw my masterpiece into the sea! Now I’m fishing for it.”



Philo: “I’ll help you look for it.”
Janet: “Me too.”
Charlotte: “Thanks, but I don’t need your help…nevermind.”



Cheryl: “They’re being stupid. Just fish for it!”













Cheryl: “Seeing Charlotte was too much of a coincidence. When she talked about a masked man, I knew that she must be the key. She was fishing for art too!”

Janet: “My gosh the currents are too strong!”
Philo: “You think the painting has been washed away?”
Janet: “Severely damaged, definitely.”


Janet: “I think we should split up.”
Philo: “No! What if we get swept away!”

Janet: “Stop following me!”
Philo: “I must make sure you are safe! I don’t want my thespian to die! Wait up! Why are you swimming so fast?”


Janet: “Ugh, I’m out of here. We’ve found nothing.”



Charlotte: “Hey, what’s this?”
“Time’s up. You guys have failed terribly, for this is only the start of the riddle. I’ve set your beloved host free, but I’ll be back. The winner shall find his or her home wrecked when he/she returns.”
Cheryl: “I don’t respond to empty threats!”
“You think it’s empty? The only empty thing is the points for this mission, 0/160. Congratulations, you have earned a grand total of 1042/1500 points. I’ll be taking 2 points away, rounding the pot off to 1040/1500. Pathetic job, guys. And an even more pathetic Mole.”



Contestants return home to take the quiz.

1 comment:

  1. I just realized the banner contains spoilers about the finale...oops.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!