Saturday 10 October 2015

22.05-You trust too easily, love


Previously on the Smole, the final 7 relived their childhood as Blair the eagle tried to poach Ulysses the hen’s chicks. Only he and Judith survived after one hour, so 40/120 points were earned, giving the pot 110/320 points. The double execution surprised everyone, and Xavier and Judith left bitterly. It’s down to 5. Who will be the next victim? Who is the Mole?


***


The contestants sleep, but one cannot stay asleep.


 
Theresa: “Oh, I miss *cough* Ronald so much. This is a horrible *cough* honeymoon idea.”

***



Ruby: “So how did the confrontation go?”
Ingrid: “Bad. I think he’s the Mole, but he also seems to be trying too hard.”
Ruby: “Indeed. Tell you what. Since we’re in a coalition, I’ll try to help you.”
Ingrid: “Thanks a lot Ruby.”


Theresa: “Not bad. You can cook. That’s *cough* impressive.”

***

Ingrid: “Boo!”
Ulysses: “Aah!”
Ingrid: “Ha! Scaredycat.”
Ulysses: “I’m not a daredevil like you. I heard you ran in races and scaled mountains before.”
Ingrid: “Oh yes. I love the thrill and the adrenaline. But you…you’re the girliest guy I’ve ever met!”
Ulysses: “That’s not a fair statement. Guys can’t like purple and be fashion designers?”
Ingrid: “Not judging here. I’m going to go down. I smell hot dogs.”
Ulysses: “Me too.”



Ulysses: “Mmm…who made this?”
Ruby: “Blair did!”
Ingrid: “I must say, his cooking isn’t half bad.”

***

 
Ulysses: “Excuse me, I need to pee pee!”
Ingrid: “Oh my ears! Are you hearing yourself? You sound like a child.”
Ulysses: “That’s why you’re probably never having children.”
Ingrid: “Wouldn’t want them to get in the way of my life anyway.”

***


“Your next mission is worth 180 points. You will see 9 rooms. Enter each room and tell me which object you think is the odd one out. For each object correctly identified, 20 points will be added.”


Contestants are going to do the mission.


Ruby: “Achoo!”
Ulysses: “Aah! The sky is falling!”
Ruby: “What? No, it’s just a sneeze, silly.”


Blair: “Are you sick? I can give you a good rub. My massages are said to be therapeutic.”
Ruby: “Oh it’s fine. Thanks for the offer though.”
Ulysses: “Therapeutic massage? I’m in!”
Blair: “But you’re not sick.”


 
Ingrid: “Enough chatter. Let’s go to the first room.”


The first room.


Blair: “Hmm…is this a water meter or something?”
Theresa: “It looks like a *cough* bathroom scale hung on *cough* the wall.”
Blair: “Ah! Yes, thanks. You’re so smart.”
Theresa: “Thanks.”


 
Ruby: “This table is so out of place.”
Ulysses: “As is this chair. It’s shifted forward a little. I bet this is odd.”
Ruby: “Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.”


Theresa: “Why *cough* is there a statue and apples? And *cough* a pile of clothes?”


Blair: “Everything in this room looks odd to me.”


Ingrid: “Let us think. We have all the time in the world.”


Ulysses: “I’m getting pretty claustrophobic. It’s too squeezy in here. We may be blocking the views of others.”
Ruby: “Yes, it is a bit cramped.”


Ulysses: “I’m going outside to take a breather first.”


Blair: “Should we send someone to check on him?”


Ruby: “I trust him.”
Blair: “You trust too easily, love.”


 
Ingrid: “He’s not a child anymore.”
Ruby: “Yeah, he doesn’t really need a babysitter. He’s fine.”
Theresa: “If he were my child, I *cough* wouldn’t try *cough* to restrict him too much.”


 
Blair: “Then you’re being an irresponsible parent!”
Theresa: “What?”


Ruby: “Guys, can we stop arguing?”


Theresa: “Why did you *cough* have to raise your voice?”
Blair: “Ugh. You know what? Nevermind. It’s irresponsible, uncaring parents like you that result in the wayward growth of today’s juveniles.”
Theresa: “I’m not even a parent!”
Ruby: “Guys!”


Blair: “I…I’m sorry, Theresa, truly sorry. I don’t know what came over me!”
Theresa: “It’s alright. I just *cough* found it odd. Anyway, I saw *cough* a plant hidden in the corner. I think *cough* that is the odd one out.”
Blair: “That is mighty fishy…”
Ingrid: “Indeed.”


“You chose the plant as the odd one out. The answer is…wrong!”



“The clothes are the odd one out. All other items you can find in a kitchen/dining room, but not the clothes.”

Ulysses: “Time to get back in.”


Ulysses: “Oh, how did it go?”
Ingrid: “Not good. We were misled by Theresa.”


Theresa: “This clearly is a toilet.”
Ulysses: “Nothing looks out of the ordinary.”
Ruby: “I say we check all the toilet stalls.”


Theresa: *cough* “Oh, the sputum…oh, they’re all going in.”



Theresa: “I must *cough* do something too.”


Ulysses: “All clear with mine.”
Ruby: “Mine too.”
Ingrid: “I even stuck my hand in the toilet bowl to see if there was something hidden down there. Nothing.”
Ulysses: “Ew! Get away from me!”


Blair: “Phooey! That smells!”


Ruby: “I say we check the sinks.”

Theresa: “Oh. There’s nothing left for me to do.”


Theresa: *cough* “Might as well check the other stalls once more.”


Theresa: “Hey!”


Theresa: “Guys! I think *cough* I found it!”
Ingrid: “No way are we trusting you again.”
Theresa: “I’m serious! You *cough* guys can go check! This toilet *cough* is green! The *cough* others are white.”
Blair: “Don’t be a sourpuss, Ingrid. She’s right.”


 
“You guys chose this toilet as your odd one out…you are correct! 20 points earned!”


Ruby: “Yes! Guys, we can do this!”


Ingrid: “You checked that stall, Ulysses. Why didn’t you say anything?”
Ulysses: “My toilet seats are always green. I didn’t think there was anything wrong.”
Ruby: “To be fair, we each only checked one toilet stall. There was no way he would’ve known. Thankfully Theresa checked all the stalls once more.”




The third room.


Ulysses: “That’s a lot of chairs!”

 
Ulysses: “Leave it to me. It’s the three-seater. The others are only two-seaters.”
Ingrid: “Why…yes! You’re right!”

“You chose this sofa as your odd one…you are correct! Another 20 points!”


Ingrid: “Yes! We are on a roll!”













Ingrid: “Ulysses has been suspicious this mission. He went under the radar before but I finally noticed him. He clearly tried to hide the fact that the toilet seat was green. That is NOT normal, no matter what he says. And he tried to cover up by helping us earn points next. And he tried to mislead us many times. But then, why did Ruby defend him? And she also gave a lot of wrong directions.”


The fourth room.


Ruby: “All these are bookshelves, and all these over here are the exact same, so I think we don’t have to bother with them.”

Ulysses: “Wait! What if the books are different?”
Theresa: “He’s right. We can’t afford to just *cough* strike them off like that.”


Ingrid: “Harry Potter books on the second shelf, starting with the Prisoner of Azkaban.”
Blair: “Yup. ‘How to Cook’ cookbook is the first book on the third shelf.”
Ingrid: “This is the same.”


Ulysses: “We should probably take the book and read. Maybe there will be Arabic in a Simlish book or something.”


Ingrid: “Oh, you’re right.”
Theresa: “Which one though?”
Ruby: “There are just too many.”


Ruby: “I think it’s simpler than that. This bookshelf contains more than books. Maybe this is the one?”


Ulysses: “This has a photo frame too.”


Blair: “But this shelf strikes me. I think it’s because it’s shorter than all the rest, which are of the same height.”
Ruby: “Yeah, that’s probably it.”
Ingrid: “I don’t want to do too much reading. I think you’re right.”


“You chose this bookshelf…and you are correct! 60 points so far.”

***


 


Theresa: “Which instrument?”
Ulysses: “I say we try them all! It doesn’t matter if we can’t play. Dibs on the electric guitar!”



Theresa: “You’re quite a good player.”
Blair: “Thanks. I learnt how to play the keyboard when I was younger.”
Theresa: “You are so *cough* talented in all areas! *cough* Is there anything you can’t do?”

Ingrid: “Alright we’re wasting time. They all sound like they’re supposed to…at least I think so. I’m not musically trained.”
Blair: “Which makes things difficult because we need experts to tell if the sound produced is correct. Amateurs can’t do it because they’ll play wrongly in the first place.”


Ingrid: “So now what? I see absolutely nothing wrong.”
Theresa: “Hey…that *cough* tip jar is the only non-instrument.”
Ulysses: “It’s all we got.”


“You chose the tip jar…the answer is wrong!”


“The correct answer is the base. It does not belong in a rock band one bit.”




The sixth room.


Ruby: “This mirror… Is it out of place?”


Ulysses: “What a brilliant statue.”

Ingrid: “Okay, why is there a chair here?”

Blair: “Pink painting, red furniture, heart rug…so disgusting. And so hypocritical.”

Ulysses: “Guys, I think this is the one. I see some yellow bar. It looks out of place and isn’t red.”
Blair: “Well, the theme here is obviously red. I think that’s the one.”
Ruby: “It makes sense. I see the yellow too.”
Ingrid: “But this chair has yellow too.”
Theresa: “And red.”
Ingrid: “That is true. Very well.”


“You have chosen that…”




























































 
“…the correct answer is this pink painting. It is the only item with no shade of red at all (not counting pink as a shade of red).”














Ulysses: “I didn’t realise there was a red part below. It blended in too well with the wall.”


***



Ulysses: “Okay, let’s try the TV.”
Theresa: “Ack!”
Ulysses: “Aah! Why are you screaming?”
Theresa: “I was startled by that face on TV.”
Blair: “There, there…”


Blair: “It’ll be okay.”


 
Ingrid: “This arcade machine is fun!”
Ruby: “There’s a wooden stereo here.”


Ulysses: “Wooden, eh?”
Blair: “You thinking what I thinking?”
Theresa: “This must be it!”


“You say that the odd one out is the wooden stereo…and you are right! 80 points!”

***


 

Ruby: “An oil lamp? This is quite old.”


Ulysses: “Could there be anything hidden under this pillow.”


Ingrid: “Why is this mirror shifted to the left? And why is there a rocket in this room I think this is the odd one out!”


Blair: “A rug…oh, there’s a cockroach!”
Theresa: “EEK!”
Blair: “Don’t worry. I killed it.”


Theresa: “I *cough* want Ronald.”
Blair: “It’s okay. I’ll take care of you. It’ll be okay. I promise.”


Ulysses: “I’m thinking that the bed is the answer.”


 
Theresa: “Blair! What mmmfff!”
Ruby: “Blair! Can we focus, please?”
Blair: “Oh, sorry, sure. Yeah, I think that’s the odd one too.”
Ingrid: “But it’s a bedroom!”
Ulysses: “It’s the colour that strikes me as odd. Everything else is in warm colours, but this is a cool colour.”
Ingrid: “That makes sense.”


“The bed is…correct!”


Theresa: “Blair *cough*, please get off. We have a mission. I *cough* have a husband.”
Blair: “Oh, sorry.”














Theresa: “What have I done? I’ve *cough* only just recently married Ronald! How *cough* could my heart *cough* beat for another? I’m so sorry Ronald! But he’s just too *cough* attractive and a great kisser…”



The last room.


 
Ruby: “It’s so sparse here. I think this painting is the odd one out, because it consists of three frames.”
Ulysses: “Yes! Agreed!”


“You think this painting is odd…”




































































































“…in actual fact, this heart-shaped painting is odd because it’s not rectangular unlike the other two. 100/180 points have been earned, making the pot 210/400.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!