Wednesday 20 April 2016

25.13-Exemption magnet


Previously, the contestants had to find street art around town and then swap seats to get a chair that they wanted. Martin, Angela, Quentin and Eunice earned 10 points for themselves each whereas Rupert managed to snag 200 points in the bonus mission. Martin and Nicole also gained from that mission by taking exemptions. Unfortunately, Stephen was the next to leave. Who will prove to be another Mole?

***

A raccoon sleeps outside the house.



Nicole: "I wonder why we have to wear our athletic gear. Sounds like a strenuous mission's coming up."
Rupert: "Could you, erm, excuse me? I need to change."
Nicole: "Oh of course! I'll leave the room."


Martin: "Go away, Eugenia. I have to change. Or I'll just strip naked in front of you."
Youdina: "Ew. I'm not interested in you."


Martin: "You've seen me in my full glory before anyway. Why won't this thing open? Open! I command you to!"
Youdina: "Do you need help?,


Martin: "At last. No. I got it."
Youdina: "I'll just turn around. Tell me when you're done."


Youdina: "You ready?"
Martin: "Want to check?"
Youdina: "Don't do this to me. It's a sin to me to stare at other men naked."
Martin: "I don't care about your religion or beliefs."
Youdina: "I'll just take it that you're done."

***


"For your next mission, I'll need two groups. One who wants money badly, and another who's all touchy-freely. I need a leader from each group too."


Nicole: "Hmm...can I be the leader? I don't mind which group."


Angela: "The leader has great responsibility. I would like to be leader of the money group."
Madeleine: "No, that's me."


Angela: "Why not we put this to the vote?,
Madeleine: "Yes. Let's first divide the groups. I am I the money group."
Angela: "As am I."


Martin: "I have received information on what the mission is about. I'll be leader of the touchy group."
Nicole: "What's it about?"
Martin: "Like I'll share.,


Nicole: "Don't be unreasonable."
Madeleine: "I am fine with that. Nicole, join us. Eunice, you should join the other group."
Eunice: "Ah, of course. I know what you're thinking."
Martin: "I can say that the touchy freely group needs to be strong and fit...but I have doubts about the men we have...ugh, whatever. Quentin and Rupert, you're in my team."


Youdina: "Then I'll join the money group."
Nicole: "Who will be leader?"
Madeleine: "Since we can't decide, why not let Eugenia? She's the only one who didn't clamour for it."
Youdina: "Okay."
"Settled? Then the two groups, follow me. Martin and Eugenia, stay here first."




"You are the leaders of the money group and sniper group. You will play juice pong.,
Youdina: "What is that?"
Martin: "Perfect."
"Every time you succeed in landing a ping pong ball into the opponents cup, you can tell your members via phone about a clue I'll give you--either the location of one of the money group members, or the location of one of the pinc discs the money group must collect."





The money group. This is their safe zone. They must collect pink discs and return them to this area. In this zone, no snipers may enter. For every disc they collect and return to the zone, 10 points goes into their pots. There are 16 discs in total and for every disc left uncollected by the end of 90 minutes, the money goes into the group pot.

As for the sniper group, they are to catch the money group. Unfortunately, real sniper rifles had to be removed to prevent another Adelyn incident. Once a money group member is caught, they are out of the game. Any discs with them would be given to the sniper that caught them. The game ends when all the money group members are caught, when all discs have been found, or when the time is up.


The game begins.


Rupert: "I'm scared of the dark and this game so I'll just follow you."


Youdina: "This is not fair. I don't know how to play this."


Martin: "Just watch me."


Nicole: "Nothing from Eugenia yet."


Angela: "We should go now."
Madeleine: "And split up, so that its harder for the rest to catch us."


Youdina: "Here goes nothing."


Youdina: "I missed."



Martin: "This is harder than I thought."


Eunice: "A dead end."


Nicole: "Where are the discs?"


Nicole: "Found it."


Nicole: "Doesn't sound like anyone is here."


Nicole: "Better grab it and go."


Eunice: "I have an idea."


Eunice: "I'll hide here."


Eunice: "That way if anyone comes here I can ambush them."


Youdina: "Here I go."


Youdina: "Bad aim."


Martin: *hack*


Martin: *cough*


Youdina: "Oops. But can't say I'm upset. Cat got your tongue?"


Martin: "Pui! Are you trying to murder me?"


Rupert: "Why did you stop?"


Quentin: "You should stop following me. Honestly, it's annoying. And we won't win like that. It's better if we split up."
Rupert: "But, but...I'll be alone! In the dark! What if someone kills me from behind?"


Angela: "Should I go? They seem distracted."


Quentin: "For crying out loud, you're a sniper, not the one being sniped! You'd definitely lose if you were in the money group."


Rupert: "Who's there?"


Rupert: "Oh no. Angela!"
Quentin: "Well don't just stand there. Catch her!"


Quentin: "She's too fast!"
Rupert: "I CAN'T SEE! WHAT IF I BANG MY HEAD AND DIE? WHAT IF SHE COMES FOR ME FOR REVENGE?"


Angela: "There is another disc there, but they are, how do you say, hot on my heels."


Quentin: "I've caught up!"
Angela: "I shall make a sharp turn."
Rupert: "We lost her!"
Quentin: "Catch up, Rupert!"


Nicole: "Where is the money?"


Angela: "I shall turn in here."


Angela: "Oh dear."


Angela: "A dead end."


Angela: "I am trapped."


Angela: "Hopefully I can turn around and run away in time."
Rupert: "We caught up!"


Quentin: "You're cornered, Angela. You ran yourself into a dead end."
Rupert: "What do we do now?"
Quentin: "We need to tap her shoulder to eliminate her."
Rupert: "You...you do it. I'm scared."


Quentin: "What? Fine. Here I go."
"Angela has been eliminated."
Quentin: "And I gain that disc of yours."


Nicole: "I still haven't seen anything yet. Why haven't I received any clues?"


Quentin: "Nice job, Rupert. But I'm too tired. Huff, I need to rest. I'll just stakeout outside the safe zone. They have to return there."
Rupert: "What do I do?"
Quentin: "You just go somewhere else and get rid of the others."


The two runners are frantically looking for money.


Angela: "I am afraid I have been eliminated."


Youdina: "I bet there I'll get this shot now that I've swapped places."
Martin: "Fengshui, shmengshui. Don't act so culturally diverse. You come off as fake."


Angela: "You missed, Eugenia."
Martin: "My turn."


Angela: "I personally think think that Eugenia, colloquially, just sucks. I have witnessed it for myself. Unless it is all just an act to make us think she is terrible. By not leading us to the money, she can keep the money out our pots and line the Non-Mole's pocket."


Youdina: "So I drink from this cup? I suppose that's more hygienic than drinking from the other cups."


Martin: "Ha!"


Youdina: "Okay. Wow, I feel a little giddy already."
Martin: "Excellent. Now I can give my fellow snipers a clue."


Nicole: "A dead end!"


Rupert: "I'm really scared of the dark. Many dangers lurk at night."


Rupert: "Oh, I received a GPS location...oh, it's Nicole's location. She's near me."


Madeleine: "Aha! Should I bring it back or just carry it and find more? Hmm, 10 points only, so I might as well take the risk. I want a perfect collection in the safe zone and running back and forth will just be time consuming and taxing on the legs."


Rupert: "Where is she?"


Rupert: "Oh, I've lost the signal."


Rupert: "But it shows that she went in. So what do I do now?"


Nicole: "10 points for Nicole."


Nicole: "Great. I'm trapped in here. Madeleine, pick up...Madeleine! I'm trapped. Rupert is waiting outside the safe zone. I need a distraction...what do you mean you don't want to do it? Angela is out already. I can only depend on you. Oh, you have discs with you? Well, I guess I can only wait."


Youdina: "Please. Get in."


Martin: "****."


Youdina: "Yay! Okay, I can finally reveal a clue about where one of the discs is!"


"Youdina, here is the location of one of the discs. You can send this location to a fellow group member."


Madeleine: "Hello? Oh, you sent me something? It's about time. I'll go check it out."


Madeleine: "Let's see. Where is it? The GPS points me in this direction...why is there a timer?"


Madeleine: "Yes. I've found it."


Madeleine: "I have quite a couple of discs now. Let's see if I can find any more."


Madeleine: "Even if I go in clueless, I don't come out unprepared. I tried to trace my steps and make a mental map of the maze. I needed it perfectly sketched so that I knew where the dead ends were and the ways to reach the safe zone."


Nicole: "Rupert, please leave."
Rupert: "But, I'm scared of going alone. At least I know you're on the other side. And...this is my job. Although I don't know where Quentin went."


Madeleine: "Which way shall I go?"


Madeleine: "Aha."


Madeleine: "Better grab it."



Madeleine: "Another 10 points."


Madeleine: "I feel like I'm being watched."


Quentin: "I can't see, but I think I hear something. I should go investigate."


Madeleine: "Where is her number? Ah, there it is. Hello, Nicole? It's Madeleine. I feel pretty exposed right now and I think I'm being watched. Could you create a distraction? Since you don't have anything on you anyway. I found 30 points."


Nicole: "She wants me to be the scapegoat? Nuh-uh. I'm here to play."


Rupert: "Aah! Oh, the communication phone vibrated. I'm scared to answer it."


Rupert: "Who is this? Hello, Quentin?"
Quentin: "Madeleine is running to the safe zone! Get there and stop her!"
Rupert: "But...I'm already there!"
Nicole: "Now's my chance!"


Rupert: "Hey! Wait! Nicole, don't leave me alone here!"


Madeleine: "Yikes! Oh, he didn't notice me."


Madeleine: "Almost there."


Quentin: "Huff...huff..."


Madeleine: "I'm in!"


Madeleine: "Nicole helped create a distraction."


Madeleine: "I now have 30 points!"


Nicole: "I lost him. Good."


Madeleine: "Right, I better walk quickly away. I hope Quentin doesn't return."

***


Youdina: "I need to aim carefully."


Martin: "Bullseye."


Martin: "I get another clue."


"Martin, here is the location of Nicole. You can send the location to one of your fellow members."


Nicole: "Everywhere looks the same to me.'


Quentin: "I can't believe Madeleine is faster than me."


Quentin: "Wait a minute."


Quentin: "Oh, I have GPS coordinates. And a timer of 1 minute before it expires? I'll never be able to find Nicole in time! Oh, but she's nearby!"

***


Youdina: "I missed again. I really am bad at this."


Eunice: "I'm tired of waiting here. Nobody's coming. This is boring."


Madeleine: "Where is this place again? I think I'm lost. No, that's impossible. I created the perfect map in my head."

Madeleine: "Wait, what is that?"


Madeleine: "It's a different colour. Green?"


Madeleine: "It must be an exemption."


Nicole: "I want more money."


Nicole: "There we go."

***


Madeleine: "I'm not risking the exemption."


Nicole: "Hi Madeleine. I got money."
Madeleine: "I have an exemption."
Nicole: "What? You're like an exemption magnet."


Nicole: "Well, we don't have much time left. We better hurry. I don't want to be trapped in here again."

***


Madeleine: "Oh. I must have taken a wrong turn."


Quentin: "I think I heard Madeleine's voice. I should hide and ambush her."


Madeleine: "I hope this will lead to somewhere with points."


Quentin: "Tap!"
Madeleine: "What?"
"Madeleine has been eliminated."


Quentin: "Yes! Successfully ambushed!"
Madeleine: "I can't believe I didn't take into account the potential hiding spots. I should have been more careful and not assume all snipers will go around running only."

***


Madeleine: "Sorry guys. I was ambushed."


Youdina: "Huh? Oh. I've lost my concentration. Where did the ball go?"
Martin: *chokes for the second time in the night*


Nicole: "I'm the only one left remaining. It's three against one. How do I win?"


Rupert: "This is scary."


Eunice: "Okay, no more waiting. My whole hair will turn white at this rate."


Nicole: "Oh! I see a pink disc."


Nicole: "Grab it and go."


Rupert: "I really hope no one tries to jump and scare me."


Nicole: "Who's that over there?"


Rupert: "AAH!"
Nicole: "Yaah!"


Nicole: "It's Rupert!"


Nicole: "I think he saw me."


Rupert: "I need to hide! Mommy, where are you?"


Madeleine: "Now I see why we haven't been receiving clues. I told you I should lead."


Nicole: "What a relief. He isn't coming over, so I think I can assume he's gone. I better make my move then."


Eunice: "I see another disc here. I think whoever's left will be coming here."


Nicole: "Excuse me, passing through."


Eunice: "Psst. I'll let you live this once, because otherwise it'll be no fun. They'll say I'm bullying a woman."
Nicole: "Really? Thanks Eunice."
Eunice: "On account that we're in a coalition."


Nicole: "And I have money."


Martin: "It's going in."


Youdina: "My head hurts a little. It's even harder to win now."


Nicole: "Bye Eunice!"
Eunice: :"What's this?"


Eunice: "Hello? Ouch, no need to shout in my ear.. Just because it's night doesn't mean your hearing is switched off. Nicole was near me? I didn't notice. No, I didn't let her run away. Who do you think I am? No, you ruined the punchline."


Nicole: "I have 4 discs."


Youdina: "I give up."


Martin: "Another clue! But they're pretty useless if you ask me. My group members, I mean."


Angela: "Sniffle."


Angela: "Nobody saw this."


Youdina: "I feel as though I let the team down."


Quentin: "Another clue about Nicole's position. Oh, near me again. But it's not that easy to get to the other side."


Nicole: "Oh. I'm back at the entrance."
Youdina: "Finally."


Nicole: "Hi Eugenia."
Youdina: "Hi. Wait, Nicole! Turn around and run! Quentin is nearby! Also, check your phone!"


Nicole: "Thanks for the tip off!"


Nicole: "I better run."


Nicole: "A small alley? Of course the money will be hidden somewhere near."


Quentin: "I heard something! Where is she?"
Martin: "Don't break my concentration."


Martin: "Yes. You suck balls, Eugenia."
Youdina: "But I am not drinking from the cup with the ping pong balls."


Nicole: "This must be where I was pointed to."


Rupert: "I have received another clue."


Eunice: "Where is she?"


Quentin: "Eunice, shh. She's entered the alley. Let's just ambush her and wait outside."


Eunice: "Sounds like a brilliant plan."


Nicole: "It's not safe hiding in a corner. I better get a move on."


Youdina: "I think I finally have the hang of this."


Youdina: "I better tell Nicole the location of the next disc."


Quentin: "This is so exciting. I know we'll win. Unless she went off by another route."


Rupert: "How do I get to the other side?"


Nicole: "I got another clue."


Eunice: "Hi, twin."
Quentin: "Seriously, I can't tell you two apart at times. I get your names mixed up in my mind."


Nicole: "I better tell Eugenia that I'm dead."


Quentin: "Who shall do the honours?"


Eunice: "I want to do it."


Eunice: "It'll be like a cat playing with its prey."
Nicole: "Just tap me out already."
Eunice: "That's what you said."
"Nicole is eliminated."

***


The game is over.


7 discs have been returned safely, earning 40 points for Nicole and 30 points for Madeleine. Madeleine also earns a hidden exemption. The disc Angela held goes to Quentin while the disc Nicole held goes to Eunice. The remaining undiscovered discs goes to the pot, so 70/160 points has been earned.

***

Group pot: 810/1290
Adelyn's pot: 20
Angela's pot: 50
Eunice's pot: 40
Fourier's pot: 0
Jordan's pot: 20
Jose's pot: 40
Madeleine's pot: 90
Martin's pot: 40
Nicole's pot: 80
Quentin's pot: 40
Rupert's pot: 220
Stephen's pot: 40
Tony's pot: 20
Viru's pot: 0
Youdina's pot: 0


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!