Wednesday 27 April 2016

25.15-I'm trying to watch TV here


Last time on the Smole, the final 8 were divided as one group searched a maze for runny while avoiding being caught by the other group. The leaders Youdina and Martin fought hard for clues, with Martin winning more clues, benefiting the snipers greatly as they managed to eliminate the others fairly quickly. In the end, Nicole earned 30 points, Madeleine earned 40 points and an exemption, Quentin and Eunice earned 10 points each and the pot earned 70/160, or 810/1290, points. Unfortunately, Eunice was unable to enjoy the fruits of her labour as it was revealed that she was the next to be executed. Who is next? Will the Non-Mole have the last laugh?

***


Nicole: "Madeleine, I really want to discuss with you something."


Madeleine: "Sure, go ahead."


Nicole: "I think something is wrong if Eunice was executed, and based on her attitude the past few weeks, I think it's because she didn't listen to us fully. But I still want to discuss whether Eugenia really is the Non-Mole."


Madeleine: "Nicole, don't be stupid. There's no way Eunice would betray us or doubt us. She's in our coalition. Of course she'll pick the same answers as us. The only problem lies in her studying. She did not know enough, hence she was executed."
Nicole: "Of course you say that. You've been earning exemptions like mad. You don't need to worry. But I fear that this is verification that Eugenia may not be the Non-Mole."
Madeleine: "Well, we listened to you about her and now you're switching your mind? Tell me, who do you think it is then?"

***


Rupert: "I can't trust anyone in this house. Everyone else scares me. I wish Eunice didn't leave."


Youdina: "I understand what you mean. I was upset when Adelyn left too. She was my coalition partner and friend. But it's not like she's gone for good. You can still meet up after the game."


Rupert: "I wish I could cast an anti-jinx spell on her."
Youdina: "Anti-jinx?"
Rupert: "You know, from Harry Potter?"
Youdina: "No, I don't. I never read about it."


Quentin: "I'm trying to watch TV here."
Martin: "So you're the one who wants to be Harry Potter in the quiz? Haha, pathetic."
Rupert: "No, I shouldn't have said anything! Now I'll be judged!"


Rupert: "Nobody will come insider or here me, right? I really hope not. I blurted out my Harry Potter fantasies and everybody knows now. It's so embarrassing. I read the book because watching the movie was too scary, and I thought that Harry was such a brave wizard and I wanted to be like him. Then I could cast a spell to protect myself, or to become braver. Wait, is this thing on? Oh no, it is! I can't believe it! Now I have to worry about the whole world knowing my secret fantasies!"


Angela: "Look over here in my journal. I have recorded details about everyone as far as I could. I am beginning to see that Martin could be suspicious. I hope my suspicions can be confirmed. However, he does feel like a typical Mole, so I am confused."

***


"It is time for your next mission. On the screen, you will see various objects. You are to bid but because your current points are pathetic, we will provide each of you 330 points. The more items you buy from this virtual auction, the greater your chances at an exemption. Be sure to spend as much as you can, because not only will the player with the most money at the end not earn those points, but those points will instead be added to the group pot. For the rest, whatever you have left goes to your personal pots. However, do exercise caution since if you overspend, your personal pot will be used to cover costs. Good luck. Oh, and one more thing: anything you buy right now will actually be delivered to your doorstep in a few months' time."


"The first item is a romantic table lamp, perfect for those special intimate moments with you and your significant other. Said to set the precedent for mood-altering objects in a parallel universe. Starting bid is 25 points."


Youdina: "I can't tell, but that looks like a fake. I do not believe a lamp can be so magical. However, I do not want to be the one that lets the group down again, so I will still bid. 50 points."

Angela: "70 points."
Youdina: "Go on, Rupert. Bid a number higher than 70."
Rupert: "This feels like gambling. The outcome is so uncertain. But if I have too...71 points?"


Madeleine: "Be more gutsy. 100 points!"
Nicole: "Wow. I actually want that lamp, so 120 points!"

Martin: "You guys don't deserve anything because I want to spend 150 points on it."
Angela: "That doesn't even make sense."
Quentin: "Does anything with him?"
Madeleine: "160 points! I won't lose to you!"
Martin: "170 points, *****!"
Quentin: "I think I like the design. 190 points."
Nicole: "I don't think you should bid further, Madeleine. That is more than half the money already and it's only the first item."
Madeleine: "You are right."
"Going once, going twice...sold!"


"The next item is a month's worth of hot dogs. Starting bid is 30 points."

Madeleine: "I am not interested in hot dogs, so I'll start with 35 points."
Martin: "Ha! I'll just have 40 points for this piece of ****."
Quentin: "I better be more thrifty. 45 points."


Nicole: "I have to spend my money, so 60 points."
Martin: "70 points."
Youdina: "Food is practical. 80 points."
Martin: "Then I'll bid 90!"


Quentin: "I can still afford to bid 100 points. It's food, after all."


Youdina: "I will take it for 110 points."
Rupert: "Am I supposed to vote too? Oh, erm...111 points."

Angela: "I want to see how good Sunset Valley sausages are. 115 points."
Quentin: "That's too much. I can't spend that much money."
Youdina: "Neither can I."
"Going once, going twice...sold!"




"The next item is W Perfume, which is advertised to be only for the strong and not for the faint of heart. Starting bid is 50 points. Any takers?"
Youdina: "I am not sure I want to spend on frivolous items I do not need. 51 points."
Nicole: "I could always use more perfume. 60 points."
Martin: "Something I don't really have use for. But I suppose I can bid. 61 points."

Rupert: "I'm scared. It's for the strong. And the bids are rising."
Quentin: "There's nothing to be scared of. Look, 70 points."
Nicole: "I bid 80."
Martin: "100!"
Madeleine: "110!"
Martin: "140!"
Madeleine: "Come to think of it, if 1 point is equivalent to 1000 Simoleons, everything here is horribly overpriced. You can have the rip-off, Martin."
Martin: "****. I was tricked into spending."
"Going once, going twice..."
Angela: "Wait! I want to bid 145 points."
"Any more bidders? Going once, going twice, sold!"


"The next item up for grabs is a set of rainbow wands. It comes in 7 different colours and each of them has a different functionality. Starting bid is 60 points."
Quentin: "A wand? Hmm, I'll stay out of this one."
Nicole: "Me too."
Youdina: "Indeed. This is very impractical."
Martin: "Well, I'm still holding on to 330 points here, and I want to add something to the pot, so I'll bid 70 points."
Angela: "80 points."
Martin: "Are you going to fight with me for everything?"
Madeleine: "Should I? I want an exemption. Okay, 100 points."
Martin: "Hey!"
Angela: "105 points."
Nicole: "What do I do with a wand? I'm not bidding."
Rupert: "A wand? It's like a dream come true! But I'm scared to vote."
Youdina: "Just do it, Rupert."
Rupert: "Okay...110 points."
Martin: "I'll squeeze that sucker dry. 120 points!"


Angela: "He has too much in his pot. 130 points!"
Madeleine: "I like how we're all suddenly ganging up on him. 140 points!"
Rupert: "They're all bullying me? Maybe I should back out."
"Going once..."
Rupert: "...But I really want those wands. I'm scared I'll miss this opportunity of a lifetime! Okay, you can do this. Just close your eyes and shout a number. 200 points!"
Youdina: "That is too much! Can you believe him? 200 over a toy."
Rupert: "Oh no. I goofed up."
"Going once, going twice...sold!"



"The fifth item is an electric guitar. It can produce beautiful music or ear-curdling chords with the pluck of a string. Starting bid is 75 points."
Martin: "Nobody is fighting with me for this one. 100 points"!

Youdina: "Don't you have a lot of this at home?"
Nicole: "I need to spend my money. 110 points."
Madeleine: "We are pushing this too high up, but whatever. 120 points."
Rupert: "I'm terrified of goofing again."

Martin: "130 points!"
Quentin: "I guess I can't buy anything else."

Angela: "140 points!"
Youdina: "I was going to bid that but she called the maximum I am willing to pay for this."
Martin: "150 points. Nobody dare do anything."
"Going once, going twice...sold!"


"Another item to auction off is this coffee machine. It's the perfect decor for a lounge and serves hot beverages to perk the tired minds up. Starting bid is 80 points."

Quentin: "I really need to save, but...90 points."
Angela: "I do not drink coffee. I have no need for this."
Nicole: "100 points."

Rupert: "I'm scared of hot stuff."
Youdina: "120 points."
Nicole: "Hmm...130 points."
Madeleine: "140 points."
Nicole: "141 points! Bet you didn't see that coming."
Martin: "150 points!"

Madeleine: "160 points!"
Martin: "How dare you! 165 points!"
Madeleine: "That will be half of my budget. An unwise idea."
"Going once, going twice, sold!"


"Our next item is a sheep sleep clock. It produces white noise that allows you to drift off to the baa baa and dream of sheep while you Zz. Starting bid is 85 points."

Youdina: "This is actually quite cute. 90 points."

Quentin: "I've been feeling tired lately. I need this! 100 points!"

Madeleine: "105 points!"
Nicole: "Ooh, how about 106?"
Madeleine: "You must think you're hilarious."


Quentin: "Oh dear, I'm running out of money."
"Going once..."

Quentin: "Wait! I'll do it. 110 points."
"Going once, going twice...sold!"
Quentin: "I hope it's worth blowing my budget."
Martin: "Definitely.,
Angel and: "Indeed."


"We also have vases that come in all designs. Specially handcrafted by the ancients a long time ago, it has been generously put up for donation. Starting bid is 100 points."


Madeleine: "120 points."
Angela: "130 points."

Nicole: "Maybe I can push someone off the edge with this. 200 points!"
Martin: "201 points!"
Madeleine: "You don't even have that much money."
Martin: "****."
Youdina: "This is amazing. I would like to add this to my relics collection or sell it for profit. 205 points, please."
Nicole: "It worked!"
"Going once, going twice, sold!"




"Almost done. We have a beautiful painting painted by French artist Leo Veriitchi, titled 'Moaning Lisa'. Starting bid is 100 points."


Youdina: "I could sell this, I suppose, though I am not acquainted with this artist. 120 points."
Angela: "I do not know who she is."
Rupert: "I'm not going to do anything. I don't want to lose all my money."


Quentin: "I can't afford this."

Madeleine: "I can. 140 points."

Youdina: "150 points."
Nicole: "200 points!"
"Going once, going twice..."


Nicole: "What? Nobody is outbidding me? I don't want this! I change my mind!"
"...sold!"


"Our final item is a 40-inch plasma TV that provides comfortable viewing for the old and bored alike. Starting bid is 110 points."


Youdina: "It is the last item. I want an exemption more than the money. 120 points."
Madeleine: "I don't have anything yet. This is unfair. 150 points!"

Angela: "160 points!"
Madeleine: "Do you even have that much money?"
Nicole: "I'm going to keep my remaining money. I'll be a fool to spend my pot."


Rupert: "It's the last chance. I don't want to, but I'm scared of execution more. Forgive me, please. 170 points."

"Going once, going twice...sold!"
Madeleine: "I am too late. I was busy counting how much money Rupert has and how much I need to kick him out of auction permanently."


"To summarise, Quentin bought 2 items for 190 and 110 points respectively. He has 30 points left.
Angela bought 2 items for 115 and 145 points. She has 70 points left. 
Rupert bought 2 items for 200 points and 170 points. He has incurrred -40 points. 
Martin bought 2 items for 150 and 165 points. He has 15 points left. 
Youdina bought 1 item for 205 points. She has 125 points left.
Nicole bought 1 item for 200 points. She has 130 points left.
Madeleine bought 0 items. She has 330 points left.

As such, 330 points will be going from Madeleine to the group pot. Those in running for exemption are Quentin, Angela, Rupert and Martin. By luck of draw, the one getting the exemption is..."
























































"...Rupert."
Rupert: "Me?"
Angela: "I suppose it makes sense. He did spend the most for it."
Martin: "No it doesn't! I bought items! I deserve the exemption!"
Youdina: "That's no logic."


Madeleine: "I don't understand what happened. How could it be that I am the only one who did not earn anything? My perfect plan...failed? Foiled? Nicole's a bad advisor; that's what I gleaned from this. I mean, I suppose it's better than losing existing points but even Rupert has more points than I do! And I lost my second placing! I'm not the Non-Mole. I'm not meant to not sabotage."

***


***


Madeleine: "Eugenia! Are you the Non-Mole?"
Youdina: "Who is that?"


Youdina: "Oh, you. How embarrassing. I think I spend too much time with Rupert."

***

Group pot: 1140/1620
Adelyn's pot: 20
Angela's pot: 120
Eunice's pot: 40
Fourier's pot: 0
Jordan's pot: 20
Jose's pot: 40
Madeleine's pot: 90
Martin's pot: 55
Nicole's pot: 210
Quentin's pot: 70
Rupert's pot: 180
Stephen's pot: 40
Tony's pot: 20
Viru's pot: 0
Youdina's pot: 125

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!