Tuesday 5 September 2017

34.07-Let's just pretend nothing happened


Last time, the contestants were split into two groups. One group tried to answer trivia correctly while another had to stop them by answering the same way as them to prevent losing points. In the end, 20 points were lost, resulting in 80/200 points. Darren was executed in the execution ceremony and he was revealed to not be a Mole. Who are the Moles?

***


Lily: "Oh dear."


Gabriel: "AAH! Shoo!"


Lily: "Let's just pretend nothing happened."


Maggie: "Heh heh."


Janice: "You're cool. You're happy but not overbearing. Like, chill. I can live with that...er..."


Maggie: "BOO IN THE NAME OF NOODLES AND SCREAM IF YOU ARE DUMB!"
Kairel: "AAH!"


Janice: "Oh my, that was gold. You shriek like a girl."


Kairel: "You didn't warn me?"
Janice: "Muahaha."


Kairel: "Okay, that was kind of funny."
Felix: "Waaaah!"
Janice: "Geez."

***

Gladys: "What do you say about this proposal? We share the same room. And your skills will be useful to this coalition."


Gladys: "Add that to my clout and we'll be unstoppable."


Maggie: "I'm not interested."


Maggie: "I think you all will just pull me down."
Gladys: "Are you sure? You will live to regret this."
Maggie: "I work on the other side of the law. I'm not scared."
Gladys: "So do I."
James: "Oh? So you play both sides?"


Gladys: "I've got to secure all the votes I can. So you in?"
Maggie: "Do you have noodles? That's your answer."
Gladys: "Mr. Sol?"


James: "Hmm...I'm in."


James: "Here's to a pleasant partnership."


Gladys: "Touché."

***




Contestants are going to their next mission. Previously they had been asked to surrender one item that would represent them for the rest of the journey. One by one, they have to figure out which item belongs to who and place it at the corresponding table. They each get half an hour. After the last contestant has gone, each item at the correct table will earn 20 points. This is worth 180 points.


James: "I can foresee the losses accumulating very quickly. One item in the wrong place means at least two in the wrong place, so that's already 40 points gone."


Janice: "What's up with the place? So many stairs and it's like they wanted to go with grunge or abandoned but then gave up halfway."


This is Maggie's table.


This is Kairel's table.


This is Lily's table.


This is Gabriel's table.


This is Janice's table.


This is Lewis's table.


This is Felix's table.


This is James's table.


And this is Gladys's table.

***


Gabriel is the first to start.


Gabriel: "Photo frame...feels like something Felix would bring. But where is the photo?"


Gabriel: "I will bring this to Felix's table first."


Gabriel: "This will be a workout."


Gabriel: "He has a mermaid."


Gabriel: "Time to take the mermaid down."


Gabriel: "It makes sense, I guess. Yellow and female for Maggie."


Gabriel: "I actually had a plan. I was going to be systematic. Start with the bottom table then fix each table one by one. I forgot that it could be a bit slow but I am quite athletic so it helps."


Gabriel: "I think this is wrong. Who will use cologne...James or Lewis."


Gabriel: "Lewis is nearer. I shall just put this here. Who would this doll belong to?"


Gabriel: "Maybe Janice. It somewhat looks like her."


Gabriel: "Felix likes to read alone. This should be his. So the photo frame is someone else's."


Gabriel: "Time to go back to the next table, which is Lily. I shall leave the photo frame down here."


Gabriel: "A duck? Why are they bringing weird items?"


Gabriel: "I think this is Kairel, because it seems very fun. It fits his fun side."

***


 "Time is up."

***


Kairel: "It kind of fits."


Kairel: "Yup. Gabe got it right. When you see the duck you should think 'fun'."


Kairel: "Maybe Lily is a sentimental woman. She seemed quite close to her sister. Moving on."


Kairel: "A bowl? That's the opposite of Gabe in my opinion."


Kairel: "Yup, it makes more sense for Felix to glutton himself and binge-eat because he's devastated. As for these books..."


Kairel: "Oh yes this must be right. Lily feels like the quiet bookish type."


Kairel: "I'm a genius."


Kairel: "WAIT I JUST HAD AN EPIPHANY."


Kairel: "Why not I plan? Consider who has each type of item first."


Kairel: "Yes, that would speed things up greatly."


Kairel: "I guess I should just put this here for now."


Kairel: "Yep, kinda reminds me of Janice. Though I am surprised Janice has a doll."


Kairel: "Lewis looks like a hard worker but my first thought is Gladys. I should rearrange."


Kairel: "And done. This soccer ball should be Gabriel's. He's such a sporty guy."


Kairel: "And now for the photo frame...who doesn't have an item?"


Kairel: "Perhaps Lewis is trying to tell us he's from the Stewart family."
***


James: "I should start at the top."


James: "Gladys is a politician but I guess I see the link."


James: "Cologne. I still wear it though so it's not mine."


James: "Could it be from Lewis? I don't think he wears it and he's probably the only other man rich enough to afford this."


James: "So who would have this photo frame? Portraits? Mugshots? Maybe a criminal's mugshot in the news..."


James: "It makes more sense than that doll, that's for sure. Janice isn't a kid."


James: "Dolls are more of Kairel's thing."


James: "This duck should be Maggie's. Crazy and yellow. Oh, the mermaid statuette from my office."


James: "I brought it as a nice memento but it was just too bulky so I surrendered it."

***


Janice: "Lily with books...I guess."


Janice: "Gabriel definitely brought that ball in."


Janice: "What? Why would I need this? I don't want to be reminded of anyone. I should scout around and see what the others have first."


Janice: "So far everything seems to make sense up here. It's probably swapped with someone down there."


Janice: "And where is my doll?"


Janice: "There it is. I better get this back."


"Time is up."
Janice: "Thank goodness."


Janice: "I'm not a runner. This was too tiring with all the steps."


Janice: "Before you get funny ideas, I should explain. I brought this doll because it kind of reminds other's of me. Yes, I'm mocking myself. Who doesn't like good old self-deprecating satire?"

***


Gladys: "Seems legitimate."


Gladys: "I think I should look for my table first."


Gladys: "Huff. I propose installing elevators next time."


Gladys: "A laptop? That isn't mine. And I thought you couldn't bring them in."


Gladys: "Maybe it is Felix's. He could use social media or Skype or whatever to have communicated with his wife in the past."


Gladys: "If so, then I'm moving the bowl to Lily's table. Her favourite colour is white after all. That could be what she was going for."


Gladys: "These books are mine. Did nobody realise these are political books and memoirs?"

***


Lewis: "Yes, this is mine. Now time to move on. Maybe from the top."


Lewis: "I don't know enough to dispute all of this."


Lewis: "Everything probably fits. I don't need to do anything."

***


Maggie: "A yellow ducky? Sounds like something I would've brought."


Maggie: "Laptop for Felix...I don't think that's right. Must be for Lewis. Time for some switching."


Maggie: "Lily looks like a gal who would use perfume. So this bowl must be Felix's."


Maggie: "And done."


Maggie: "What's next?"
"Time is up."
Maggie: "Soggy noodles."

***


Felix: "I don't know what I'm even doing here..."


Felix: "Isn't this mine? This is mine! Nobody is taking it away from me."


Felix: "I don't know where to put this bowl. How I wish Abby were here. She would know what to do."


Felix: "White bowl, white table, I think this is right."


Maggie: "Kairel probably uses cologne to impress."


"Time is up."
Felix: "How agonising."

***


Lily is the last.


Lily: "Ew, a used bowl."


Lily: "Whose could this be?"


Lily: "Lewis has my notebook. Perhaps this is his."


Lily: "Back to its original owner."


"Time is up."
Lily: "Oh snap."

***



The group has decided that Maggie owns a duck. This is wrong.


The group has decided that the bowl is from Lewis. This is wrong.


The group thinks that Kairel uses the cologne. This is wrong. This means that there have been 120/180 points earned this mission, making the pot 200/380 points. Here are the correct answers:


Lewis gave his cologne which he uses on a regularly basis.


Maggie submitted a bowl of noodles but ate the noodles first.


Kairel aimed to use a duck to represent his personality.


Lily gave her personal laptop up, which she normally uses for work purposes.


Gabriel's ball represents his personality.


Janice gave up a "lifelike" doll.


Felix gave his photo frame without the photo of him and his wife.


On James's table is a mermaid which he brought from his office.


Gladys surrendered political literature which would represent her work.


Maggie: "I wasn't using my noodles. I forgot what I gave up. I own that duck at home too so when I saw it at that moment I thought it was mine. In fact I thought I would submit an IQ test."

The group is catching up. Is it at the mercy of the Moles?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!