Wednesday 27 September 2017

34.17-You will always be in my heart

Last time on the Smole,

James revealed a vulnerable side of him...



James: “You said it would fade. Can you tell me why, why I feel so much pain right now?" 



James: "It hurts." 



James: "It hurts so much to even breathe."


James: "Just what am I afraid of?"


Felix: "I think you should tell her how you really feel."



Felix: "Leave no regrets."

Whereas Gabriel's dazed pretence was exposed...


Janice: "Are you faking your stupidity?"



Gabriel: "What?"
Janice: "Don't play dumb with me. You know what I mean. In the mission you actually knew a bit of maths. And sometimes you are quite sharp-witted."



Gabriel: "Okay, I admit."



Gabriel: "I did decide to play dumb a bit and act blur."

But shortly after this reveal, it was also revealed that Gabriel was the one leaving...


"Gabriel Ruen, unfortunately you have been the next to be executed. Please pack your bags and leave."
Gabriel: "Boo."

The contestants bet 11 points that he was the Mole, so they are left with 145 points. Can they add it to the 190/900 points they currently have? Or will the Mole pull out all the stops to prevent any more money from entering the pot?



***


Felix: "I too split my answers in the last quiz, but it was more of 60-40. I don't know who Gabriel suspected but this gives me confidence that I'm on the right track. I feel more invigorated recently, like I have a new purpose in life. Abby will be so proud to see me getting my act together again. You will always be in my heart, Abby."


Gladys: "Am I the only one who is sane? Waffles are a proper breakfast item; autumn salad is not, and tofu dogs doubly so. Please, dears, for the sake of your health, eat properly."


Janice: "Big deal. In your face, b****. Nom nom nom."
Gladys: "I shall just take my leave now. Excuse me."


Gladys: "Hmm, only three other options. How should I divide the points?"


Gladys: "I better take a look at my journal once more to confirm my suspicions. Everyone here is a likely suspect."

***


"Good morning. For your next mission, you will be visiting Mick's Master Karaoke. Each of you will pick a room and sing a song in a different language (with annotations on how to sing, of course). Your job is to simply sing the song well, for there will be four native speakers who will try to catch you. They have been told that there are some natives and non-natives, so they will try to catch the non-natives aka you based on your singing. For every one of you not caught, 50 points are added, making this worth 200 points. Good luck."


Gladys: "You're a musician, right? Surely you know how to sing."
Felix: "A little."
Gladys: "Then I guess we'll be counting on you, because I definitely do not know how to sing."


Janice: "We're gonna die."
James: "Just try your best to not get caught."

***


Janice is in Room 1. She is singing a German song,  99 Luftballons.


Felix is in Room 2. He is singing an Italian song, 'O Sole Mio.


Gladys is in Room 3. She is singing a Tamil song, Uyire Uyire Vanthu Ennodu.


James is in Room 4. He is singing a Latin song, Ave Maria.


Felix: "I can sing pretty decently I think. That's how I won the heart of Abby. When I was young I went for singing classes. And O Sole Mio was one of the popular songs for vocal training in my class, so I am more than familiar with this song and how to sing it properly."


Felix: "Che bella cosa na jurnata 'e sole~"


Felix: "N'aria serena doppo na tempesta~"


Janice: "Darum schickte eine General~"


Gladys: "How do I pronounce this..."


James: "Ave Maria, gratia plena~"


James: "Maria, gratia plena~"


This is Rehman Sagar, who is fluent in Tamil. He will try to find out if anyone is not actually singing their native tongue. If he or anyone else walks into a room whereby the singer is singing a different language from what he knows (in this case, German, Latin or Italian), nothing will happen to the contestants. These natives can only enter one room.


Rehman: "Time to begin."


Rehman: "Wait, this sounds familiar."


Rehman: "Ah, I know this song."


Rehman: "She is a very bad singer but I think she is likely a native Indian. It is unlikely the first one is the answer."


Gladys: "Kaathal Irunthaal Enthan Kannoadu Kalanthuvidu~"


Gladys: "Clearly these natives aren't true natives or experts. I managed to fool them, fortunately. I tried to put on an Indian accent when singing to fool them and try to imagine how an Indian would sing and pronounce these strange words."


Rehman: "Moving on."


Rehman: "Hmm...I do not know this language."


Rehman: "Maybe that is the one but I cannot confirm."


Rehman: "The last room. I think he is a true native."


"Thank you Rehman. Please head back downstairs."


Next is Javed Meir. He studied German before and is fluent in it, so he will be looking out for fake Germans.


Javed: "I know a bit of Tamil. This is a Tamil song."


Javed: "Let me listen closer...that accent is too fake. I think this is the one."


Gladys: "How do I pronounce this...oh no."


Gladys: "You caught me."
Javed: "I knew it."


"Unfortunately, Javed, you are only allowed to catch whether the one singing actually knows German."
Javed: "You could have told me that earlier."
"It was implied with four singers and four fluent speakers."


"Thank you for your time. Please head back downstairs."


Janice: "Hielten sich für Captain Kirk~"


Jennifer Martinez knows how to speak Latin.
Jennifer: "I do not understand this song. This is not for me."


Jennifer: "Is this..."


Felix: "O sole mio~"


Jennifer: "I recognise this song. It is very famous."


Jennifer: "I think this is a fake singer but I am guessing because I do not know how to speak Italian."


Jennifer: "I hear German. I think this one is fake too. She doesn't sing like a German convincingly. But this room is not for me either."


Jennifer: "The last room. Ah, I know this song."


Jennifer: "Is he pausing at the right moments?"


Jennifer: "He is. He appears to know how to sing...I think half are natives and half are not, so this one should be an actual Latin speaker."


"Thank you. Please head back downstairs."


James: "Ave Maria~"


The last one is Milan Lombardy, who is Italian.
Milan: "It is so nice to be back, even dough briefly, no?"


Milan: "I shall go straight for de Italian singer."


Milan: "Dis is de one."


Milan: "Hmm...quite a good singer, no? I believe dis one can sing Italian."


Felix: "Ma n'atu sole~"


Milan: "I shall just complete de walk."


Milan: "I am at de end already and I have not caught a single falso! I shall just enter dis room den."


Milan: "Aha! You are not a native, no?"


James: "This is awkward. Ahem."


James: "No, I am not."


"Unfortunately Milan, you can only catch whether the singer can actually speak Italian, not any other langugage. Thank you for your time and please head back downstairs."

***


"Behind you are those who can speak the various languages you sang: Italian, Tamil, Latin and German. All of you can not speak any of the languages."


Milan: "I knew it!"


"However, none of you were caught by the right native, so you have earned all 200/200 points, making the pot 390/1100 points! Congratulations!"

***

The group has finally excelled in a mission. Is the Mole being merciful after looking at the state of the pot?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!