Wednesday 20 September 2017

34.14-War between two worlds


In the mission, the final six had to bring candles to their respective pads to earn an exemption, or to the pavillion to earn points. No points were earned but all but Lewis and Janice earned an exemption. The pot has 150/800 points and Lewis, Janice, Gabriel as well as Felix have a -1 penalty in the next quiz, of which the latter two are negated due to their exemptions. Whose fate will be sealed next: Janice or Lewis?

***



An unwanted visitor arrives.


James: "Shoo! Disgusting, vile things. I've seen enough of them in the past to develop a repulsion to them."


Janice: "I am not eating Gladys's waffles. They could be poisoned for all I know."


Janice: "I mean, sure, mine are identical but at least I won't feel a nauseous sense of guilt from eating mine."

***


Felix: "It was a war between two worlds, and in the midst of the crossfire we neglected Gabriel. That's alright, but I just wished we actually earned points. Fortunately nobody dared try and swipe my candle since there were two of us there."


Gabriel: "Yo Felix, whatchu doing there?"
Felix: "Thinking about revenge."


Gabriel: "Revenge?"
Felix: "Yes. Gladys caused my wife's death. I'm not going to let her off that easily."


Gabriel: "Now I don't know what's going on but I think you should just forgive and forget. Let me ask you this: why did you even join in the first place?"


Felix: "For a distraction. To move on."


Gabriel: "Then why aren't you doing that? Anyway, suit yourself. You can come join me in the pool to have some fun if you want."


James: "I hope you will be engaging me in the future."
Gladys: "Of course. You are much more proficient than any of those dumbasses back there. But it would require you to move. Are you fine with that, Mr. Sol?"


James: "Anything for a big client like you, Mrs. Delmeer-Gomez."


James: "But I do need to read up on South African laws as well as get to know your history a bit better in order to fight for your best interests."


Gladys: "Oh...well, of course. I think I may have a few of those law books. I can give them to you later."
James: "Do I even want to know why you brought law books?"
Gladys: "You never know when you might need them."


Gladys: "In fact, recently I've been in quite a fix so I may need your services."
James: "In that case, care to tell me more?"


Gladys: "I'll go over to you. It's not good if anyone else hears this."


Gladys: "I had been given a generous donation by a business to set up more hospitals and private clinics, to provide more healthcare, in essence. So I did. I allocated most of the budget to it."


Gladys: "Construction has been completed but now this business is complaining that the fees are too expensive and serves to segregate the elite from the middle and lower classes. They are also arguing that public servants such as politicians should not get subsidies since we can afford to pay."
James: "I see. Was there a contract of any sort that mentioned having to make these healthcare services affordable to all?"


Gladys: "None at all. All they said was to put this money to good use to benefit us. Am I not doing that?"
James: "From the sound of it they do not have a very strong case against you. Is it in South African laws that public servants get concessions, such as in healthcare?"
Gladys: "Oh yes, definitely. That has been there since I started my term."


James: "I see. What about the remainder of the money? You said you allocated most of the donation to this, not all."
Gladys: "Well, the rest are reserves, in case something crops up and I need to mobilise these funds immediately."


James: "So they are suing you, is that right?"
Gladys: "No, they do not dare. They are suing the hospitals. Some of the staff there have been specially handpicked by me to go and work there for their own good, because they needed it."
James: "Ah, what a caring minister you are. What exactly did they do beforehand?"
Gladys: "Sorry Mr. Sol, but I do not feel that is relevant. If you really must know, we should go somewhere more private."
James: "Very well. Forgive me for intruding."


James: "I do not even see why they are suing at all. It is an open and shut case. But if they want to go to court over it, be my guest."
Gladys: "That it what I feel too. I am glad we see things the same way."


Felix: "And they are just chattering away so happily...sigh. I must learn to let go. It will be difficult on me if I don't."

***


Janice: "The best way to win this is to find out who Lewis is suspecting and answer questions the same as him but faster. So I did a little snooping around..."


Janice: "I hear mumblings. Time to eavesdrop."


Lewis: "Our main suspect was Gladys. That means we can probably eliminate her. Do you think Gabriel has a chance of being the Mole?"
Felix: "It is possible but I feel that he is genuinely this...stupid. Maybe Janice, or James."


Lewis: "Hmm, yes. I think I should put more emphasis on James. What do you say?"
Felix: "I think there is something about him that I can't quite put my finger on. Perhaps he is the Mole we've been searching for all this while. It makes sense to have one male and one female Mole."
Lewis: "I just wish I hadn't been so cocky. Now I'm regretting that decision. Why didn't I just take the exemption while I had the chance?"
Felix: "Look at it this way. If you took the exemption, all exemptions would then be invalidated."
Lewis: "Then I will have better odds than now."

***


Lewis: "I had it with you!"


Lewis: "Take that, b***!"


Lewis: "Justice must be served."
Gabriel: "Woah, fight! Why didn't you invite me?"


Gladys: "You will regret this, Mr. Stewart."
Lewis: "I brought down my own family. Who's to say I can't do the same to you?"
Janice: "Looks like I missed out on the fun."


Gladys: "Everything has been captured and recorded. You keep claiming you're morally upright, Mr. Stewart, but you do enjoy adopting under-the-belt tactics and even violence to resolve matters, don't you? What would your employers think, hm?"


Lewis: "What? Drats. I shouldn't have done that publicly."
Gladys: "It appears that you are a Stewart through and through."
Lewis: "Nonsense! I am nothing like them! I went against my entire family. How can I be one of them?"
Gladys: "Just keep on denying it, Mr. Stewart."

***







Contestants go in to re-divide the points before the quiz.

***

Q1: Is the Mole male or female?
A: Male
B: Female

Q2: Is the Mole married?
A: Yes
B: No


Q3: Which room does the Mole sleep in?
A: Yellow room
B: Blue room
C: Green room

Q4: What is the Mole's favourite food?
A: Lobster Thermidor
B: Mushroom Omlette
C: Tri-Tip Tofu Steak
D: Chili Con Carne
E: Stu Surprise


Q5: In Mission 7, which car was the Mole in?
A: Blue
B: Yellow


Q6: Was the Mole a passenger or driver in Mission 7?
A: Passenger
B: Driver


Q7: In Mission 7, what was the Mole's colour?
A: Red
B: Orange
C: Yellow
D: Green
E: Blue
F: Violet

Q8: In Mission 7, who had the Mole's complementary colour?
A: Gabriel Ruen
B: Felix Kuchappe
C: James Christian Sol
D: Lewis Stewart
E: Gladys Delmeer-Gomez
F: Janice Ilien


Q9: In Mission 7, did the Mole earn an exemption?
A: Yes
B: No

Q10: Who is the Mole? 
A: Gabriel Ruen
B: Felix Kuchappe
C: James Christian Sol
D: Lewis Stewart
E: Gladys Delmeer-Gomez
F: Janice Ilien

Lewis: "Before Kairel left he said he was on a suspect for the longest time. That means he's wrong. And I think Kairel isn't the type to secretly go against the coalition so he had the same suspect as what we discussed. I'm a little wiser now but I'm not sure if I should spread."
***


"Welcome to yet another execution ceremony."


"Today, either Lewis Stewart or Janice Ilein will be saying goodbye to this adventure. The one who is safe for now is..."





























































































































































































































































































"Janice Ilien."


Janice: "Yes it worked! I mean, oh, phew."
"Unfortunately, that means that Lewis Stewart, you are the next to be executed. Please pack your bags and leave."


Felix: "There goes my last ally. I hope I won't be going home next."
Gabriel: "He was always so obsessed with work and his journal. It was hard to talk to him."


Gladys: "Looks like he couldn't avoid the fate his mother and brother had. I suppose his effort to change is laudable."


Lewis: "I'm quite peeved that I didn't make it far but I acknowledge I have a strong foe. There were a lot of things I still wanted to but I'm dead now, so that sucks. But I can say that I tried and didn't resort to cheap tricks like stealing or burning journals. Good luck to the rest and make sure that neither Gladys nor James makes it further."


"Thank you for joining the Smole. We hope to see you again."


"Congratulations. You have officially made it to the final five. All of you are one step closer to the grand prize. Yet only one will walk away with it. On average, 23 points were betted on Lewis being the Mole, so another 23 points are lost. You are left with 156 points to split your suspects. Hopefully you can add that amount to the 150/800 points you currently have in your pot."

***


Felix: "Janice, I have something to tell you."
Janice: "If it's going to be about some alien conspiracy then save it...oh, it's you."


Felix: "I'm pulling out."
Janice: "What? Euphemisms aside, what?"


Felix: "I'm giving up on the revenge plan. I'm not going to pursue this any more."


Janice: "Why the sudden change of heart? We need to work together to bring Madame Bigshot down. We've already lost Lewis. We can't lose you too."
Felix: "I came here to move on from my past. Isn't that what you keep telling me to do? By pursuing this matter, I'm not going to be able to move on."


Janice: "You can't just abandon me like that. Your testimony is going to be crucial. I haven't even gotten a proper interview with you yet."
Felix: "I've thought long and hard about this. I'm not going to change my mind."


Felix: "Sorry."
Janice: "What about your dead wife? Would she not be rolling in her grave right now?"
Felix: "Abby's a magnanimous woman. She'd forgive me."
Janice: "Ugh, whatever. Do as you please. I can still stop the forces of evil on my own. I won't give up."


Lewis Stewart has been executed! Was it because Janice was better, or because Janice is the Mole?

***

Gladys
Gladys
James: 24
Lewis: 50
Felix
Janice: 80
Gabriel: 25

James
Gladys: 50
James
Lewis: 50
Felix: 
Janice: 50
Gabriel: 29

Lewis
Gladys: 80
James: 10
Lewis
Felix
Janice: 80
Gabriel: 9 

Felix
Gladys: 80
James
Lewis
Felix
Janice: 99
Gabriel

Janice
Gladys
James
Lewis
Felix: 179
Janice
Gabriel

Gabriel
Gladys: 35
James: 37
Lewis: 37
Felix: 35
Janice: 35
Gabriel

Overall
Gladys: 41
James: 12
Lewis: 23
Felix: 36
Janice: 57
Gabriel: 10


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!