Saturday 16 September 2017

34.13-Dude, where's my candle?


Last time on the Smole, the final seven had to work together to solve a murder. Unfortunately, Janice and Gladys failed to pinpoint Felix as the murderer along with his weapon used and evidence left behind, in part due to Lewis's misleading clues, thus allowing Felix to earn a hidden exemption. 0/100 points were earned, making the pot 150/680 points. In the execution ceremony, it was revealed that Kairel was the one to be executed. As on average 21 points were betted on him being the Mole, those 21 points were lost. Now that Kairel has left, things will definitely begin to heat up. Drama will ensue.


Gladys: "I wonder if I have underestimated Gabriel. He may be more formidable than he actually is. I should be more wary because I honestly did not expect him to make it this far."



Contestants are visiting Buckshot Lake. In the pavillion are six candles: Red and its complement green, orange and its complement blue, and yellow and its complement violet. 


Contestants have one hour for this mission to try and bring their candles to the respective pads. If their candle is at their pad at the end of the mission, they earn an exemption. However, the one with the complementary colour will get a -1 in the quiz. If only one is without an exemption at the end, all exemptions are invalidated. This will also happen if all get an exemption. For every candle at the centre at the end of the mission, 20 points will be earned. This mission is worth 120 points.


Gladys's candle is orange, Lewis's candle is red, James's candle is green.


Felix's candle is yellow, Janice's candle is blue and Gabriel's candle is violet.


Gabriel: "I don't understand why this mission must be done at night. Very unnecessary. I want my sleep. I mean sure, playing at night can be very cool and fun but if it's just for the sake of it I think I would rather nap."


Contestants are in position.


"And...go!"
James: "I'm the nearest. I should take one of the other candles away to prevent them from earning an exemption."


Gladys: "I should go get my own candle and guard it."


Janice: "Screw this."


Felix: "This mission really is all about sabotage."


Felix: "Hey, is that James with my candle?"


Lewis: "Best to grab mine."


Gabriel: "'scuse me."
Felix: "James, that's my candle."


Felix: "Come back!"


Gladys: "Finally...phew."


James: "I'll dump it at the farthest spot to make Felix waste time. Now time to go grab mine."


Gabriel: "I like green."


Felix: "This is tiring me out...what was that all about?"


James: "Gabriel! That's my candle you're taking."
Gabriel: "Oh? It is? I thought it's mine. Since I like green."
James: "No, yours is violet. Now return it."


Gabriel: "How about we settle this with a game of rock, paper, scissors? Winner keeps the candle."
James: "Ugh, fine. Get it over and done with."


Gabriel: "Scissors cuts paper."


Gabriel: "I win!"


James: "Whatever. Then I'll go grab his."


Felix: "I just had to be situated so far away."


Janice: "And done. Now I need to make sure my nemesis loses."


Lewis: "It looks like we're on the same wavelength."


Janice: "She won't see it coming...because her back is facing me."


Janice: "You suck!"
Gladys: "Aah!"


Lewis: "Heh heh. Nice distraction."


Gladys: "Hey! Give that back!"
Janice: "You're not going anywhere. Run, Lewis, run!"


James: "It looks like there's an unattended candle on the bridge."


Gladys: "You think you're so clever."


Janice: "I will personally bring you down, both in the mission and in real life. Soon you will be pulled from your chair."
Gladys: "Everyone on both sides of the law knows me. Do you think a few words of yours can change anything?"


Janice: "You sound threatened."


Gladys: ""I'm telling you not to waste your effort, Ms. Ilien. It won't pay off. I can guarantee you that. Now get out of my way."


Lewis: "And 20 points."


Lewis: "It appears that there's another candle I can take."


Lewis: "The less competitors with exemptions, the better."


James: "Two in one fell swoop. It's so nice Janice's was on the way."


Lewis: "Felix, we're in a coalition, so let's work together. We guard your candle. Mine is in a precarious position so I'll just let it be the one to earn points."


Janice: "What the...dude, where's my candle?"


James: "And I'll take this one too."


Gabriel: "Eeny meeny miny mo...I'll just take this one."


Gladys: "Huff..."


James: "I shall put this here first so that nobody will try to take it away. When the last few seconds tick down I'll bring it to my pad."


Gabriel: "Is blue the opposite of red? It feels like it."


Janice: "Gabriel, what are you doing?"
Gabriel: "Aren't you supposed to put the candle on the opposite-coloured pad?"
Janice: "It's the same-coloured pad, you nitwit."


Janice: "Now I've got it back. I should block Gladys."


Gladys: "Move away."
Janice: "Not a chance."


Gladys: "Fine. I'll just put this here. You have to leave eventually. Aren't you afraid your candle is too vulnerable?"
Janice: "I have eyes like a hawk."


Gladys: "Eventually it turned into a waiting game. One that I am a master of, I should say."

***


"One minute left."
Gladys: "Ready to give up and concede?"
Janice: "Never."



James: "I'll rescue Gladys."


Janice: "Oi! Come back here, you rascal!"


Gladys: "Perfect."


Gladys: "At long last."


James: "Time to get my candle to its rightful position."


Janice: "What the hell man. Throwing it here."


Gabriel: "Red is the opposite of blue, right? Well, no time to change that now. I better hurry back to my pad."


"3...2...1..."


"The mission is over."
Janice: "Damn them."


Gladys earns an exemption.


Felix earns an exemption.


James earns an exemption.


Gabriel earns an exemption.


Janice does not earn an exemption.


Lewis does not earn an exemption.


Ultimately, there are no candles back at the pavillion, so 0/120 points have been earned. The pot stays still at 150/800 points.


Felix: "Wow. We really suck."

***

Four gained at the expense of the pot. Will Janice or Lewis leave next?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!