Friday 8 September 2017

34.09-That dog

Previously, the contestants had to figure out who gave up which item. They were wrong about Maggie, Lewis and Kairel, resulting in 120/180 points earned for the mission or 200/380 points for the pot. One of the Moles, Maggie, had been successfully ousted by the other Mole. Now it is time for the rest of the group to find out the identity of the remaining Mole.

***


Lily: "I made a mistake in my last quiz. I was so worried about that but I kept trying to suppress that thought and memory, hoping it would not cost me. Thankfully I'm still here, but imagine if Maggie had not been eliminated. I could have gone. Now I will be haunted by that possibility. If only I didn't make such a stupid mistake. Hopefully I can will myself to forget about it. I don't like mistakes and I don't ever want to make one, ever."


James: "Early in the morning someone had the audacity to try and rob from us. I managed to apprehend him when Gladys came and let him off, expecting a return of favour in the future. She's an influential woman, so of course I'm not going to interfere and stop her."


Gladys: "I set you off and you promise to help me in the future. Do we have a deal, Mr. Power?"


Stan: "Yes, of course, definitely. I'll help you if I can whenever you need it."
Gladys: "Good. Mr. Sol?"


James: "Of course. You're free to do whatever you want."


Gladys: "Then it is settled. You will probably be on the list of fugitives, however. So you may need a lawyer. You can engage Mr. Sol and his services. Am I right?"
James: "Yes, of course, as long as you can afford the fees."
Gladys: "I will gladly pay for them. I'm sure Mr. Power here knows how to reciprocate."


Stan: "Thank you so much. I will repay you. I promise."
James: "Here's my name card if you need it."


Gladys: "I trust he will be calling you eventually."


James: "But will you really pay for him? What good will that do you?"
Gladys: "I need to curry favour on both sides to maintain my standing. It will pay off. What, can't I afford your fees? If you don't believe me, I will go get a deposit for you right away."
James: "Go ahead then. I'm waiting."


Gladys: "That dog really expected me to pay him immediately? As long as I can maintain a working relationship, so be it."


Gabriel: "Who is that making so much noise?"


Gabriel: "I'm so tired."


Gabriel: "Huh? Felix, what are you doing in my room playing the guitar?"


Felix: "I thought it would be nice to wake you up with some nice music. I've decided that I'm going to start afresh and try to move on. Janice was right. It was a wake-up call. Abby would not want to see me distressed. She would want me to do my best and focus fully on this to win, or at least try my hardest."


Janice: "You sure that's not burnt pancakes?"
Lily: "I smelled it first. It's chocolate syrup, thankfully."


Janice: "Well, I'm done with breakfast. By the way, you stink a bit."
Lily: "I do? Is it my armpits?"

***


Janice: "Time to do some snooping. Now where is Gladys's journal?"


Janice: "I can't seem to find it. She keeps it well hidde...wait, I think I struck gold. I better take this and get outta here before someone sees me in here."


Janice: "I'll just hide it in my evening gown and get dressed as well. When everyone is sleeping I'll start snooping through for clues and more."

***


Kairel: "And now the butt wiggle."


Janice: "Meanwhile I'll do the floppy robot."
Kairel: "Come on, Felix. Join in the fun."


Felix: "No thanks. I cannot dance."
Kairel: "It's all about letting loose. You're always so moody and emo. I think this will be great for you."
Felix: "Really, I am fine."
Kairel: "Your loss. Let's do the chicken dance, Janice!"
Janice: "Oh no, not that again."

***


"Welcome to your next mission. It's very simple: decide who the Mole is. If you're right, 200 points goes into the pot."


Janice: "This mission sounds incredibly boring. Did they run out of ideas?"


Lewis: "Hmm..."
Felix: "Mmm..."


Lewis: "If you think I'm going to reveal who I suspect publicly, think again."


Kairel: "Sooo...who wants to go first?"
Gabriel: "I do."


Gabriel: "I think Lily is the Mole."
James: "Do you have any evidence to back that up?"
Gabriel: "Erm, it's just a feeling. She's so suspicious. Like in the previous mission. Who would link a laptop to Lily?"


Lewis: "I don't deny that. I'm all for Lily."
Felix: "I think we're going too fast."


Gladys: "Well Lily? Are you going to say anything to defend yourself? You're not really reacting."
Lily: "The moment I joined the game I knew I was going to be a suspect and rightfully so. I would have said Maggie is the Mole but she's gone so now I don't really have a clue. Maybe Felix? He's always so quiet."


Gladys: "Hmm, that is really possible. So is it down to Felix and Lily?"
James: "Not so fast. We're not going to limit our options so narrowly."


Kairel: "Maybe I can give an input."


Kairel: "I vote for Janice. She's so dark and gothic."
Janice: "Whatever. I can't be bothered to explain myself any more."
Kairel: "Hmm, suspicious."


Kairel: "That mission was so painfully long and BORING. Nobody was willing to say anything so there was a lot of silence interspersed. But there was a lot of tension in the air. I could feel it."


Lewis: "Janice hasn't been too suspicious though, but I do entertain that possibility."
Felix: "My vote is for Lily."


Lily: "I am not the Mole. You will be wasting 200 points on me."
Gladys: "Oh, now you're concerned."
Lily: "I thought I'd hear what the others had to say first. But I think it is suspicious that Felix is gunning for me."


Gabriel: "No offence but you're attacking him for him suspecting you. That really makes you look guilty."
James: "Indeed. But let us not be hasty."


Gladys: "Do you not suspect Lily, Mr. Sol?"
Lily: "I think the Mole is more skilled. Perhaps laying low."


James: "Exactly. If Maggie is so intelligent as she claims, then the Mole must be even more so. Which means the Mole is likely trying to blend in."
Gabriel: "Huh? That makes no sense."


Janice: "I agree with Gabe. I think we need to sit silently and really ponder. I don't care if you all pick me in the end but you better have put real thought into it first."


Gabriel: "In that case why not Kairel or Lewis or Gladys?"


Gladys: "I feel so insulted that you think I'm the Mole. Do I really look like I'm capable of that? But if you are convinced, I have nothing to say."
Kairel: "Woah, what a big reaction. Sure you're not the Mole, Gladys?"
Gladys: "Fine, pick me. Maybe if I scratch the Mole's back, he'll scratch mine."
Lily: "I have decided. Sorry Janice but I sincerely believe it could be you now."


Felix: "Oh, now you are changing your vote? Abby came to me in a dream one night..."
Lewis: "Oh brother. Not again."
Felix: "Um, long story short, I feel convinced it is Lily."
Lewis: "I'm really not sure. Based on my observations thus far, Janice seems content to be selected. Maybe there's a hidden exemption only she knows about. That's why. So I'm going for her as the Mole."


Gabriel: "I don't get it. She won't need an exemption. But if everyone is voting for her then so will I."
James: "Hmm, Gladys? Mrs. Delmeer-Gomez, what are your thoughts?"
Gladys: "Mine is on Ms. Ilien."
James: "So are mine."


"It appears that we have a majority. Janice has been picked as the Mole. Are you all right? Maybe time will tell, because there is a second part to this mission that will last all the way to the end. It will be explained in due time, but for now, let us just assume there are 200/580 points in the pot. For being chosen, Janice earns a hidden exemption as well."
Lily: "Lewis was right."
Gladys: "How did he know? Unless we were wrong and he is the Mole."

***

Janice has been picked as the Mole. Is she really the second Mole? Will the group earn the 200 points from this mission?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!