Tuesday 3 April 2018

38.12-Feast your eyes


In the previous mission, contestants realised how little they knew their fellow competitors. Although everyone made it to the correct cabin in the nick of time, Julie's cabin was not worth any points because there had been more than two in it several times. Nonetheless, 60/80 points were brought in, making the pot 629/880 points. Everyone has a destination in mind: the finale. But not everyone will make it. Whose journey will be stopped right now?




Morgan: "You told me your favourite constellation was the Big Dipper, not Cepheus."

Ivy: "My preferences changed."

Morgan: "And you still made it to the correct cabin."


Ivy: "What are you getting at? If you don't trust me, then just say it. There is a vacant room I can move into."
Morgan: "You think I'm just going to let you do that?"


Morgan: "Take off your clothes."

Ivy: "I'm not in the mood."

Morgan: "Ada used to have a birthmark near her belly button."


Ivy: "You think I'm this Ada chick?"


Morgan: "There is so much you two have in common. You remind me of her. I can't pinpoint it, but that's just the intuition I get. Perhaps it's the feeling of closeness you get from love. After all, she was my ex-fiancée."


Ivy: "I don't see why I should let you feast your eyes on me."
Morgan: "Guilt got you?"


Ivy: "Fine. You want to see my belly?"





Ivy: "Nothing. I don't have a birthmark. I'm not your fiancée."


Morgan: "Sorry. I shouldn't have doubted you."
Ivy: "It's too late for apologies. I think we need some time apart to cool off. I'm moving the the vacant room."



Keith: "I am not an idiot. I know something's going on between Morgan and Ivy, and there's no way they don't trade info. That is why recently, I haven't been completely open with Morgan. Why should Ivy get to benefit while I lose out?"




Carl: "Julie, let us form a coalition. We will be seeing each other a lot anyway."
Julie: "You don't suspect me?"

Carl: "Nope. Do you trust me?"
Julie: "Of course, but..."
Carl: "But what?"


Julie: "I may be thinking of quitting."

Carl: "Why?"
Julie: "Nobody likes me. I should just disappear off the face of existence."

Carl: "Am I nobody?"
Julie: "Well, no..."

Carl: "It's a golden opportunity. So many want to join. And you are one of the lucky ones who made it in. So don't give it up so easily. This road was never meant to be easy, but in the end, it will be worth it. Especially if you win."

Carl: "But if you have made up your mind, then do at least share your journal with me so that someone can benefit."

Julie: "I will go get it. I think I will accept your coalition deal. We shall do coalition stuff, in case I change my mind."

Carl: "High maintenance girl. I hope I know what I'm getting myself into."


Carl: "Julie is not the Mole. She is too passive. Keith is not the Mole. He reminds me of last year's Mole, and repeats won't be fun. Quinn is not the Mole. She has earned so much money. The Mole is Abbie."

*
*
*

Carl: "Quinn, maybe you weren't too happy with what I offered the other time. I think this will really suit you."

Quinn: "Carl, you're being really off-putting, you know that?"

Carl: "But this will really help you."
Quinn: "Do you know why salespeople are so hated?"

Carl: "I'm not a salesman. I am an Armwey Advocate."

Quinn: "You do know that Armwey is a pyramid scheme right?"


Carl: "Every business is a pyramid scheme."


Quinn: "Let me ask you this: are you close to your family?"
Carl: "My family is supportive of me. They were fine with me moving away to pursue better career opportunities."

Quinn: "When was the last time you talked to them?"
Carl: "Quite recently."


Quinn: "When exactly?"




Carl: "...Two years ago. I was trying to sell some vitamins to my mom. She felt the money would be better saved."

Quinn: "And your friends? How many friends do you have?"
Carl: "Loads of them. If I had my phone I would let you scroll through my contacts list."

Quinn: "Not contacts, friends. True friends who will stick by you in times of need."

Carl: "All my friends are those who have supported me and Armwey. It's all for the greater good."


Quinn: "Stop deluding yourself. You're in too deep."
Carl: "You're just not enlightened."


Quinn: "Is there no way I can convince you to stop?"


Carl: "If you don't want to buy then scram. You're not my friend. Dozens want to buy from me and support Armwey's cause."



Quinn: "If you want to continue leading a destructive life, alienating everyone you know, I can't stop you. But don't brainwash Abbie and Julie."

*
*
*


Quinn: "Ivy, I don't think I ever really got to know you that well."


Ivy: "There really isn't a need to, unless you're trying to gather information on me."
Quinn: "No, don't take it that way."


Quinn: "...But you are pretty close to Morgan."


Ivy: "I know what you're going to say next. Save it. I'm not one to reveal."


Quinn: "...Understandably so."


Quinn: "So much for trying to get to know Ivy better. Maybe I rushed into things, which made her defensive. I do want to know if Morgan is a valid suspect, and the one who will know best is Ivy. If only I could cast some truth spell or concoct some kind of potion..."


*
*
*


Julie: "My comfort food."


Julie: "Sigh. They must really hate me."


Julie: "That's why they choose to pretend to hate pizza and go for something else."


Julie: "Trying to help them improve their health isn't going too well either. They don't take too kindly to it. Is it the way I'm doing it that's wrong?"


Julie: "Should I quit?"


Julie: "I don't want to think about it. At least I have you, my old friend."



*
*
*

Quiz time.




Q1: Is the Mole male or female?


Q2 Which room does the Mole sleep in?

Q3: Before Mission 6, who sat opposite the Mole during breakfast?


Q4: In Mission 6, at which station did the Mole board The Smole Express?


Q5: In Mission 6, who boarded the train with the Mole?

Q6: Which cabin did the Mole start off Mission 6 in?


Q7: Which cabin was the Mole supposed to be in in Mission 6?


Q8: In Mission 6, what was unique about the cabin the Mole was in at the end?

Q9: What is the Mole's Myers-Briggs personality type?


Q10: Who is the Mole?



Ivy: "I spread across three suspects, because I don't suspect myself obviously, and I don't suspect Quinn, Carl or Julie. Reason being is each of them has done something that the Mole would never do. I just hope at this juncture, I didn't spread too thinly."

*
*
*



"Tonight, one of you will leave. And tonight, nobody is safe."


"Let us start with this corner. Julie Kanzing, Morgan Lowell, which one of you is temporarily not safe?"




































































































































"Morgan, you are through. Julie, your fate is still uncertain."


"Keith Summers, Abbie Cielle Defghi, the one making it to the final six is..."























































































































































































































































"...Keith Summers."
Keith: "Yeah."


"Carl Shipley, Quinn Harley, Ivy Waxes, whose light will turn on?"
























































































































































































































































































































































































"It is Quinn Harley who will advance."


"Abbie Cielle Defghi, Julie Kanzing, who is safe?"




































































































































































































































































































































































































"Abbie, you are safe."
Abbie: "Yay! I knew it."


"Ivy Waxes, Carl Shipley..."










































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Ivy: "Oh thank the heavens."


"It is down to two. Julie Kanzing, Carl Shipley, which one of you will be executed tonight?"












































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Julie: "Oh my gosh...I actually survived?"


"Carl, you have been executed. Please pack your bags and leave."
Carl: "Shucks."


Quinn: "I admit that I thought at one point that Carl was working really hard but didn't contribute much in terms of results. But I can see that he was really for the group."


Ivy: "For the pot? Sure. But for the group? No way. He was selfish, and didn't care about us. He will not be missed."


Quinn: "What did he do to you?"


Morgan: "I never really spent a lot of time with Carl, but he has the gift of the gab. We talked on the train for a bit. He tried to sell me stuff but I reminded him that I'm making more than he was and he shut up. But I can see he was tenacious and hardworking. He was determined to change his life for the better."


Carl: "I worked really hard to fill the pot, because if you don't do it now, when are you going to? And I'm proud to say that although I am out, a large part of the pot is due to me. I wish the winner will be a deserving one, one who will strive for the pot. All the best."


"Thank you for joining the Smole."



Julie: "Am I a jinx? The coalition has only just been formed and Carl is executed. All my friends are leaving me. But what Carl told me was true. Who needs friends when you have power? I'll just do my best and earn lots of money. I'll be rich just like Carl. All the naysayers are just jealous."

Carl had his eyes set on the prize, but the prize still eluded him, as did the Mole. Who is this elusive Mole?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!