Monday 16 April 2018

38.17-Screaming mercy



On the Smole, Keith had to solve a logic puzzle while the rest had to try and match his answers. In the end, only Ivy did so, thus earning 30/120 points, or 716/1160 points. Keith did not manage to earn the exemption, but it was Julie who needed it because she was the next one to be executed. The Mole is coming down hard on the group. Who is it?


Abbie: "Ivy looks so troubled."


Abbie: "What's wrong, Ivy? You look troubled."
Ivy: "It's nothing that you can help."
Abbie: "You'll never know unless you tell me."


Ivy: "Someone did me something wrong."
Abbie: "Did he apologise? Everything can be solved if they say sorry."


Ivy: "Things aren't that simple. What he did was unforgiveable."


Abbie: "I get the feeling you're hiding something."


Abbie: "If you just share it, I think you'll be happier. And everyone will be happier."
Ivy: "How I wish I had your innocence. But when you grow older you'll realise that life is a big swab of grey."


Abbie: "I'm sure you can find it in yourself to forgive him."


Ivy: "Do you really think that way?"
Abbie: "Of course."


Iv: "So you think world peace can be achieved if everyone held hands and said sorry?"
Abbie: "Yes. Sometimes the answers are that simple."

*
*
*



Contestants will visit an abandoned mine. The mission is simple: mine for ores. Some are worth points, and one is worth an exemption. They get one hour. The mission is worth 240 points.



Ivy: "The air was really bad. I kept coughing and wheezing. I was asking myself: what makes this worth it? Is this really okay if I run the risk of contracting long-term health problems? But then I remembered that I died and came back again. I've been through worse."


Keith: "I'm coming down."


Keith: "Wow. Is it safe to be here?"


Keith: "Watch your head."
Ivy: "You watch yours."


Keith: "There are some pickaxes over there, and a shovel over here."


Ivy: "Ack!"


Ivy: "This doesn't block out all the smell."
Keith: "Let's get busy."


Morgan: "I should watch my step. I've never worn anything so bulky in my life."


Ivy: "So much dust."


Morgan: "Abbie, get down here."
Abbie: "I'm coming, I'm coming."


Abbie: "Eep. This is so creepy."
Morgan: "We're all here. There's nothing to worry about."


Morgan: "I'll help you."
Ivy: "This is so tiring."


Abbie: "Hiyaa!"


Abbie: "This is so heavy."


Keith: "Come on, Keith. You can do it."


Keith: "My hands are tired already."


Keith: "Let's see what I can find."


Keith: "Ooh. Not bad."


Ivy: "We have to be careful not to break any of the ores."


Ivy: "Thanks for the help. Are you okay?"
Morgan: "Yes. My whole arm is just a little numb."


Morgan: "Are you okay?"


Ivy: "Do you smell something noxious?"
Morgan: "Not really. Just hold your breath."


Ivy: "There are some gems here."


Ivy: "I'll be taking them."


Abbie: "Hiyaa!"


Ivy: "Cough cough."


Keith: "It's really hot in here."


Ivy: "I see a gem over there. Be careful, Morgan."


Ivy: "Can you pick at this a little bit more? So that I can retrieve it."


Ivy: "Woah! Watch that!"
Morgan: "Sorry. Are you hurt?"
Ivy: "No."
Morgan: "My back is."


Ivy: "There's an opening here. I think we can cover more ground if we split up."


Abbie: "Nothing? How disappointing."


Ivy: "What do we have over here?"


Ivy: "What's that smell?"


Ivy: "I don't feel so well."


Ivy: "Why are there fumes rising?"


Ivy: "Swallow it. I can't vomit all over my helmet."


Ivy: "Be brave. Just think of the goal."


Abbie: "I'm scared, Keith."


Morgan: "Nothing here."


Keith: "There's way too much dust."


Ivy: "My back aches. And I thought I was fit."


Abbie: "Ugh, I'm so dirty."


Abbie: "It's so dark and creepy. I've got to get into my role. I'm a miner now. I will find all the ores. Gambate."


Abbie: "Hiyaa!"


Abbie: "Aah!"


Abbie: "That was close. The bricks nearly fell on me."


Morgan: "Be careful where you swing that axe."
Ivy: "Sorry...not."


Ivy: "I see an opening. There's more to this mine."


Abbie: "Come on...just a bit more."


Abbie: "There!"


Abbie: "I see quite a few metals. I'm sure those are worth some points."


Keith: "Abbie kept taking the useless metals and debris. What was worth anything were the ores, as explicitly explained to us."


Morgan: "We've gotten the ore. Let us move on."
Ivy: "But the rubble isn't cleared. Ack! And there's another area on the other side."


Keith: "Looks like you have everything under control here. I'll go see if Morgan and Ivy need help."


Keith: "So, acting shady?"


Morgan: "Sufficiently so. I left a pile half cleared."
Keith: "I made sure to 'accidentally forget' to pick up some ores when others were looking. They have to question that."



Morgan: "Oh dear. It looks like I destroyed one of the ores."


Keith: "I can't breathe in this suit. And my back is screaming mercy."


Keith: "Too much strength isn't a good thing at times. It's so hard to find the balance between picking hard but quick, and gentle but careful."


Ivy: "Ugh!"


Morgan: "This pile will take quite a while. Many hands make light work."
Ivy: "If you want to help, you better make sure every piece of debris has been hacked away at."


Abbie: "Oh, there is a passageway."



Abbie: "I think I should just clear everything away before I collect the ores."


Keith: "What a waste of effort. A whole pile of nothing. I'll go help Abbie instead and keep an eye on her."


Keith: "There's quite a lot to clear. It's a good thing you found this place, or we would have missed out on so many points."
Abbie: "I am a miner, and I will succeed in mining for all the ores."


Ivy: "There's a bag here. I wonder what's inside."


Abbie: "Let me help you, Keith."


Keith: "Hmm, this is a huge boulder."


Keith: "This isn't going to be an easy task."

*
*
*



"The time is up. Please stop whatever you are doing."


"We will count the number and value of the ores you have collected."

*
*
*


"Contestants, in the mission, Ivy has earned 48 points. Keith has earned 32 points. Abbie has earned 28 points. Morgan has earned 35 points."


"On top of that, Ivy has earned the final exemption this season."
Ivy: "Yes! I'm in the finale!"

Ivy has made it into the finale. But who won't?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment! It may take some time for us to see and respond to the message. Do check back regularly because we try to respond to each and every comment!

We highly encourage you to sign in when commenting as well!